PDA

View Full Version : Five dollars a week

framer1
09-06-2005, 11:02 AM
What do you think of this idea. If the government withheld five dollars a week from every worker in the country until they paid for for the whole disaster. Could take a few years. What do you think, there has to be 100 million people that work. Nobody get excited it is just a thought :idea:

Kilrtoy
09-06-2005, 11:28 AM
Why not, good Idea.....
But I can already see the nay sayer's

cc322
09-06-2005, 11:32 AM
Five bucks a week :cry: thats a twelve pack of Keystone :wink:

azgfboatgirl
09-06-2005, 11:43 AM
Is th Government going to tax the $5.00? :hammer2:
If not, I'm in.

moneysucker
09-06-2005, 11:54 AM
That is one less starbucks a week Would I get my name on a brick in the city or something?

Mohave Vice
09-06-2005, 12:06 PM
I'm in!!!

HocusPocus
09-06-2005, 12:15 PM
lets see.. out of every $5.00 the govt would take.. im sure at least .78 would make to the relief effort.

burtandnancy
09-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Hocus, you're way to optomistic. If someone let the gov't get their hands on it, it would go negative immediately.

framer1
09-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Hocus, you're way to optomistic. If someone let the gov't get their hands on it, it would go negative immediately.
That one of the problem with the idea. It all has to go to relief. Government has to find other monies for administration fees.

THOR
09-06-2005, 12:47 PM
I am game. Go ahead. I felt pretty good last week when I donated money.

SmokinLowriderSS
09-06-2005, 01:17 PM
There are aprox 148 million employed here (legally) so that's $740 Million per WEEK. That'd pay it off pretty quickly. I'w good with it, but I DO want to see the management of it done from OTHER $$$$ (preferably by a private-sector caretaker, anything but a burocrat.

sintax
09-06-2005, 01:29 PM
I think its a decent idea. Though i'm with the other guys, i would want to see some paperwork of how it was managed (fake or not, humor me ;) )
I could already see this turning into a full time tax if it ever got passed, just like those temp taxes and cost increases during those WWI and WWII times that stayed even after the war.

HocusPocus
09-06-2005, 01:31 PM
I could already see this turning into a full time tax if it ever got passed, just like those temp taxes and cost increases during those WWI and WWII times that stayed even after the war.
we were suppose to forget about that by now.. so please don't bring it up again.. someone may be watching. :rolleyes:

HighRoller
09-06-2005, 01:34 PM
If we cut welfare by half, we could pay for it in a day. I guess it's not enough that working people are paying for the relief efforts through tax dollars, now we have to pay extra! Talk about Mandatory Charity. As soon as people on welfare get a job and pull their weight, I'll donate. As soon as they start a collection to give our military men and women the pay they deserve, I'll donate to the relief fund. As soon as the middle class gets a tax cut, I'll give more of my money. Until then they can kiss my ass. Taxpayers like myself have paid for "relief" ten times over. It's not our fault the government wasted the money elsewhere.

Hal
09-06-2005, 01:43 PM
AMEN to that.

framer1
09-06-2005, 01:45 PM
If we cut welfare by half, we could pay for it in a day. I guess it's not enough that working people are paying for the relief efforts through tax dollars, now we have to pay extra! Talk about Mandatory Charity. As soon as people on welfare get a job and pull their weight, I'll donate. As soon as they start a collection to give our military men and women the pay they deserve, I'll donate to the relief fund. As soon as the middle class gets a tax cut, I'll give more of my money. Until then they can kiss my ass. Taxpayers like myself have paid for "relief" ten times over. It's not our fault the government wasted the money elsewhere.
Maybe make it voluntary, sounds like you may not up for this idea :jawdrop: Like I said eariler don't get all excited it 's only a thought.

Dusty Times
09-06-2005, 01:56 PM
Make it $10 and have the other five go to the repair of the oil problems in that area. I think at that rate we would all be money ahead and the people of NO could start rebuilding their lives

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-06-2005, 01:56 PM
The bummer is that the feds would "borrow" that money because they were short on the rest of the budget. It's a noble idea, and if it was garanteed to go there, I would allow for it (if I got a paycheck! ), but it would have to be voluntary.

Debbolas
09-06-2005, 01:58 PM
What she said :wink:

Dusty Times
09-06-2005, 02:49 PM
I like that idea T & B
Take care of our own!

spectratoad
09-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Problem is......Have you ever known the government to impose a "tax" for lack of a better word and then repeal it when said whatever is done?????? No they see the money come in, see how much there is and then just keep finding another reason to continue the "Fee collection".
This is a good idea in theory but the government already gets enough of my money. :boxingguy

wanna B V
09-06-2005, 05:44 PM
If we werent paying for schools, medical, welfare, etc for the illegals, maybe our tax dollars would be able to go for relief efforts for our own American people!!

Tom Brown
09-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Perhaps your government could form a new department called "Domestic Re-allocations". It would be a think-tank given sweeping powers to levy taxes and implement improvements. Maybe 10000 employees to start. It could grow as it needs.
It might take a few years to get rolling but once in place, it would take care of these sort of things. :cool:

Liberator TJ1984
09-06-2005, 06:36 PM
why no stop all help/$$ to foreign countrys till N-O is all back together,PEOPLE are back in their homes/shops :wink:
Thats what I'm talkin about....F' the rest of the world :eat:
Other countries are like stray Dogs...feed them once and they won't leave you alone and expect it forever ...........till you put a bullet in them :idea:
We got wayyyy too many problems right here at Home :mad: that need adressing ASAP