PDA

View Full Version : Sundance Spas?

cc322
09-06-2005, 12:11 PM
Anybody have experience with Sundance spas? we are looking to purchase one and would like feedback on them, good, bad, or indifferance.

HocusPocus
09-06-2005, 12:13 PM
mine is a cal spa that is about 10 years old and the only work i ever had to do was replace the heating element. never had any experience with sundance.

M&M247
09-06-2005, 12:24 PM
No expierence with Sundance, but I've had a Hot Springs Spa for 3 years and so far its been great and the folks at the shop were excellant.

TCHB
09-06-2005, 12:30 PM
We had one for quite a few years and the surface bubbled. They came out and replaced the entire spa!!

Seasday
09-06-2005, 01:02 PM
They are very good spa. If you decide to go that way you should have no problems. I can get you a spa wholesale if you are interested. Go to www.gardenleisurespas.com and see if anything catches your eye. You may have to give it a couple days as the web host is/was in New Orleans. Let me know if I can help.

cc322
09-06-2005, 01:37 PM
They are very good spa. If you decide to go that way you should have no problems. I can get you a spa wholesale if you are interested. Go to www.gardenleisurespas.com and see if anything catches your eye. You may have to give it a couple days as the web host is/was in New Orleans. Let me know if I can help.
Web site wont come up. BUT what kind can you get for wholesale?

bchbum
09-06-2005, 03:36 PM
Go to the L.A. county fair , you can look at many different makes all at the same time. The fair deals always seem good too .

Parker Dreamin
09-06-2005, 03:43 PM
We just got a San Augustine made by Diamante Spas... so far so good.

Seasday
09-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Web site wont come up. BUT what kind can you get for wholesale?
That's the spa line...Garden Leisure. Like I said, the Hurricane brought down the site for a few days. Give me an address and I will send you some info with pricing. I have a branch in Laguna Hills and Orange. I will just sell at cost plus shipping for HB members.
I can put it in your front yard for the price I will quote but you are going to have to find installation. I can probably help you there as well.

Kilrtoy
09-06-2005, 05:01 PM
That's the spa line...Garden Leisure. Like I said, the Hurricane brought down the site for a few days. Give me an address and I will send you some info with pricing. I have a branch in Laguna Hills and Orange. I will just sell at cost plus shipping for HB members.
I can put it in your front yard for the price I will quote but you are going to have to find installation. I can probably help you there as well.
What about In Lake havasu City

Daytona19
09-06-2005, 06:30 PM
I have a dimenision one and to my wife & I it had the strongest jets and great placement of them. Excellent all around tub, our is now 4 yrs old and been great.

bonesfab
09-07-2005, 08:15 AM
we just got one about a month ago. very nice spa. not too loud with the pumps on. and a rockin stereo :cool:

BOBALOO
09-07-2005, 09:17 AM
I have one of their lower line Sweetwater spas. It is the Bahia and I have had it for 2 years. It is Great and I have only had 1 issue with it. The 24 hour circ pump went out and the DEALER had it changed out in 1 day!!!! It costs about 10 to 15 bucks more a month to run it.
Go to a DEALER that has been in business for a while so you know you can get your stuff fixed if you have problems.
There is a forum called
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/guide.shtml?source=adwords
that might give you some good info but I remember that most people,
Hated Home Depot spas
Hated Cal Spas warranty issues
Loved the Dimension one,Sundance and Caldera/Hot Springs spas
I got the Lower priced Sweetwater for about 6K and am still completely happy with it. The Sundance was about 8K
Warranty
10 yrs on the shell structure
7 yrs on the shell surface
3 yrs on the components
Dealer support & service
I just checked the website and mine is now a Sundance 700 series, the 800 series is the higher end line.
Good luck, and alot of people wet test spas before purchasing, go for it.

riverbound
09-07-2005, 09:20 AM
We have a Sundance spa at our house in Big Bear and while I was doing the shopping everything I read and heard about them was good. and there cust. svc. is top notch. I will definitely be buying another one in the future.

Ziggy
09-07-2005, 09:50 AM
After alot, more like a ton, of research and "Wet Testing"...we bought a Caldera Spa.
Service after the sale was important to us along with what our bodies fit into the best........but take your shorts and plan to get wet for the best way to make your choice.
Here's a website with lots of info on various makes and models---enter the forums for the best feedback.Spa Info (http://www.whatsthebesthottub.com)

Oceanside
09-07-2005, 10:06 AM
I have a two year old Sundance Spa that seats 6 people for sale. It has been in storage for over a year - $4000 or best offer
please e-mail me if you are intrested scott@scottmcgrail.com

Coleitis22
09-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Anybody have experience with Sundance spas? we are looking to purchase one and would like feedback on them, good, bad, or indifferance.
Check out, Coleman, Catalina, Bullfrog, all are rated very highly. My brother has a Sundance and has had a few problems with jets breaking and a pump burning out.

cc322
09-07-2005, 05:09 PM
I have a two year old Sundance Spa that seats 6 people for sale. It has been in storage for over a year - $4000 or best offer
please e-mail me if you are intrested scott@scottmcgrail.com
Email sent, What Model? color etc

cc322
09-07-2005, 06:20 PM
I have one of their lower line Sweetwater spas. It is the Bahia and I have had it for 2 years. It is Great and I have only had 1 issue with it. The 24 hour circ pump went out and the DEALER had it changed out in 1 day!!!! It costs about 10 to 15 bucks more a month to run it.
The Bahia is the one I have been looking at, they are 780 series and it is 6000.00 delivered with steps cover, cover lift,and starter chemical kit.

BOBALOO
09-07-2005, 08:13 PM
The Bahia is the one I have been looking at, they are 780 series and it is 6000.00 delivered with steps cover, cover lift,and starter chemical kit.
I paid the same for all you listed and did the electrical myself. I got one of those cheap 2-300$ gazebo deals from Home Depot/Expo/Lowes and it is Great to sit under when it is raining.
I use the Baqua Spa and it takes about 2 minutes a week to test and add the chems. I rinse out the filter every few weeks and it gets a complete water change every 3 months. I was leary on the maintenance before I bought it but it takes almost no time to do.
Have fun and be prepared for the neighbors to come over a little more often.

Kilrtoy
09-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Just not your ***boat friends :boxingguy :boxingguy :lightsabe :lightsabe :D :rolleyes:

cc322
09-07-2005, 08:23 PM
I paid the same for all you listed and did the electrical myself. I got one of those cheap 2-300$ gazebo deals from Home Depot/Expo/Lowes and it is Great to sit under when it is raining.
I use the Baqua Spa and it takes about 2 minutes a week to test and add the chems. I rinse out the filter every few weeks and it gets a complete water change every 3 months. I was leary on the maintenance before I bought it but it takes almost no time to do.
So has that spa (Bahia) been everything you thought it would be? IMO for the price it really is a good deal. The other one was there optima but at 8600.00 dont really want to spend that much. The dealer will also throw in the L E D lights that change colors on there own. Second choice is the Jacuzzi j-365 at 6495.00 but it has a waterfall.?? Also how long ago did you buy? Because there is no more Sweetwater.

BOBALOO
09-07-2005, 08:24 PM
Just not your ***boat friends :boxingguy :boxingguy :lightsabe :lightsabe :D :rolleyes:
You told Angie you were waiting for me to be out of town before you would come over.

LaveyOne
09-07-2005, 08:27 PM
we just got one about a month ago. very nice spa. not too loud with the pumps on. and a rockin stereo :cool:
We manufacture the cutters for nearly all of the spa manufacturers and I know these companies from the inside out. The quality of a Sundance Spa is among the very best! The materials alone are superior and they are ISO-2001 certified, which they take very seriously. :boxingguy
I cannot bad-mouth some of the lesser companies due to professional reasons, but they have been mentioned in this thread. It's scary when you see the "bare bones" of it all. :skull:
You won't be disapppointed with a Sundance Spa ... ;) Just my $.02. :)

cc322
09-07-2005, 08:32 PM
We manufacture the cutters for nearly all of the spa manufacturers and I know these companies from the inside out. The quality of a Sundance Spa is among the very best! The materials alone are superior and they are ISO-2001 certified, which they take very seriously. :boxingguy
I cannot bad-mouth some of the lesser companies due to professional reasons, but they have been mentioned in this thread. It's scary when you see the "bare bones" of it all. :skull:
You won't be disapppointed with a Sundance Spa ... ;) Just my $.02. :)
Sundance ,Jacuzzi, Hot spring and a few others that are made by Hot springs Tiger Rivers are all ISO 9001 which is a good thing :wink:

BOBALOO
09-07-2005, 08:50 PM
So has that spa (Bahia) been everything you thought it would be? IMO for the price it really is a good deal. The other one was there optima but at 8600.00 dont really want to spend that much. The dealer will also throw in the L E D lights that change colors on there own. Second choice is the Jacuzzi j-365 at 6495.00 but it has a waterfall.?? Also how long ago did you buy? Because there is no more Sweetwater.
I did the county Fair deal and felt like I was at a used car dealership, the guys were pushy and the selection sucked,not to mention all the off brand spas.
I researched for about a month and have been in a few different spas and for the price and performance I have been very happy. I bought based on the reputation of the company, the dealer has been in business for 20 years or so, It had the volcano jet in the middle and I just liked it. I would go to a few different spa dealers or just the one you are dealing with and try it out, they should have a few filled and ready to do a wet test in. The therapy seat on the Bahia will blast you out of the seat on high with the diverter on that seat only.
The only thing that was holding me back before the purchase was the lack of a separate air blower for when I am just hanging out with friends but I find that I am usually only in the spa for 20 minutes ( the time the jets run for before the buttom needs to be pushed again) normally so I really dont need to sit there in just bubbles. I got it for the jets.
How long are you gonna sit under a waterfall or watch tv in the spa? A regular car stereo and speakers for 600$ is rediculous to me also. Thats why I chose the spa I did, my cousin spent 9K for his Caldera with all the bells and whistles and I think he sold it for 4 or 5K a year later. 9K for a spa, not me.

Kilrtoy
09-07-2005, 08:51 PM
You told Angie you were waiting for me to be out of town before you would come over.
That wasnt me, That was that crazy guy at my house who Angie made drink alcohol
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Let us know when....

cc322
09-08-2005, 04:26 AM
I did the county Fair deal and felt like I was at a used car dealership, the guys were pushy and the selection sucked,not to mention all the off brand spas.
I researched for about a month and have been in a few different spas and for the price and performance I have been very happy. I bought based on the reputation of the company, the dealer has been in business for 20 years or so, It had the volcano jet in the middle and I just liked it. I would go to a few different spa dealers or just the one you are dealing with and try it out, they should have a few filled and ready to do a wet test in. The therapy seat on the Bahia will blast you out of the seat on high with the diverter on that seat only.
The only thing that was holding me back before the purchase was the lack of a separate air blower for when I am just hanging out with friends but I find that I am usually only in the spa for 20 minutes ( the time the jets run for before the buttom needs to be pushed again) normally so I really dont need to sit there in just bubbles. I got it for the jets.
How long are you gonna sit under a waterfall or watch tv in the spa? A regular car stereo and speakers for 600$ is rediculous to me also. Thats why I chose the spa I did, my cousin spent 9K for his Caldera with all the bells and whistles and I think he sold it for 4 or 5K a year later. 9K for a spa, not me.
Ok thanks for the help I did a search and found alot of good things about the Sundance. Dont need all the fancy stuff either,just want a quality tub
Thanks again. Dose yours heat up fast?