PDA

View Full Version : Hondo V-drive Questions

DelawareDave
09-06-2005, 02:35 PM
I found a 17' Hondo V-drive project. It may turn into a nightmare, too. I am sure I will have some questions as I go. Like is anyone familiar with the construction? It appears to have a fiberglass hull, with a plywood deck, that is glassed over. The deck is almost scrap, but good for patterns, at least. The hull appears relatively sound, but I won't know anything for sure til I start stripping it. It has one fuel tank on the starboard side, that looks like original. It also has a plastic tank in the bow. Not original.
I have no qualms about replacing stringers, transom, etc. It will not be the first I have done, lol.

Monkey Bung
09-06-2005, 02:44 PM
. It also has a plastic tank in the bow.
????? Boat may have sunk????????? Stay away from it.

DelawareDave
09-06-2005, 02:55 PM
. It also has a plastic tank in the bow.
????? Boat may have sunk????????? Stay away from it.
Both tanks are plumbed into the filter with valves. Maybe somebody didn't like running out of fuel!

ColeTR2
09-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Can you post some pictures and what year is it?

DelawareDave
09-06-2005, 04:40 PM
I will be picking it up next weekend. I will get some pics of it in my driveway. It is a project. And that may be an understatement. I will find out when I start on it. I believe it is 1973.

Monkey Bung
09-06-2005, 05:02 PM
I had a '72 1/2 Hondo 3/8" runner bottom no T-deck. I still don't understand how they got a tank threw the opening in the Bulk head. Who ever did that must be a focking idiot.

DelawareDave
09-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Monkey Bung- got pics? I need some ideas for the "interior". Seats, etc. Looks like it is tight for 4 seats, or skinny butts.

Monkey Bung
09-06-2005, 05:46 PM
Two fiberglass seats............and definatly not like Kim Hansons unless you want to put in a 5 point harness and a roll cage. :D :D