PDA

View Full Version : Havasu weather (Sat)

INSman
09-06-2005, 06:37 PM
In the later afternoon on Saturday around Havasu Springs, the winds picked up and some very not so friendly clouds lurked in the distance.
We started to head towards Thompsons when we hit Steamboat and I have never seen so many boats trying to leave a single area !! Looked like someone phoned in a bomb scare !!
Long story short, the water got very rough from that point all the way back top the channel. I hit the tabs and then hit the throttle in the Shockwave and marched on in, passing countless boats that were taking an obvious beating. Long story short, I am very happy with my boat and was impressed on how it handled the "Big" water. :cool:

Havasu Hangin'
09-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Very nice. Those 29 Shockwaves are great rough water boats. http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de//happy/xyxthumbs.gif
Now take that beast out in the ocean and let's see a couple feet of air under the props! :eek:

Mrs.Racer277
09-06-2005, 06:54 PM
Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound. Congrats on being happy with the boat. :D :D

Kilrtoy
09-06-2005, 07:09 PM
When in the havasu area...
When the winds starts to blow from the south to the north... Get the hell off the water

INSman
09-06-2005, 07:09 PM
Very nice. Those 29 Shockwaves are great rough water boats. http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de//happy/xyxthumbs.gif
Now take that beast out in the ocean and let's see a couple feet of air under the props! :eek:
Yup, the ocean would be the test for sure and would probably prefer to have a closed bow for that, but won't let it stop me from trying !! :D

Havasu Hangin'
09-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Yup, the ocean would be the test for sure and would probably prefer to have a closed bow for that, but won't let it stop me from trying !! :D
Just put some duct tape over that open bow...and git er done!
:cool:

LAVEYSABRE575
09-06-2005, 08:08 PM
those winds came from out of the blue, i was wipeing my rig down when it started i thought it was going to break my flag pole, it was like a freak dust storm the wind was full of dirt one hour of hell...derek

SummitKarl
09-06-2005, 08:33 PM
hey your new casa should be close, hows it coming?

INSman
09-06-2005, 08:44 PM
hey your new casa should be close, hows it coming?
They are hauling ass and I am thinking 5-6 weeks until completion !!!
I drove by today and all is well. Cabinets are in the house, waiting to be set. We are going with a "Tuscan" type theme on the outside, what do you think ?
We are having some stone/brick work done to the outside pillars and such and having the front door and the garage doors painted brownish to match the roof.

INSman
09-06-2005, 08:45 PM
those winds came from out of the blue, i was wipeing my rig down when it started i thought it was going to break my flag pole, it was like a freak dust storm the wind was full of dirt one hour of hell...derek
In all fairness, I did see a Lavey and Cobra running pretty hard through the soup as well !!!!

Throttle
09-06-2005, 08:48 PM
In all fairness, I did see a Lavey and Cobra running pretty hard through the soup as well !!!!
love that!

Punisher
09-06-2005, 09:31 PM
do ya have any pics of the rough water =)?Im pretty sure my jetboat wouldve broke in half LMAO

RiverRatMike
09-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Parker got pounded hard by the wind on Sat, at the lower sandbar everyone scattered and took off so fast. It was crazy!

SummitKarl
09-06-2005, 11:36 PM
They are hauling ass and I am thinking 5-6 weeks until completion !!!
I drove by today and all is well. Cabinets are in the house, waiting to be set. We are going with a "Tuscan" type theme on the outside, what do you think ?
We are having some stone/brick work done to the outside pillars and such and having the front door and the garage doors painted brownish to match the roof.
good.. sounds like your happy (Thats all that counts), stone work is always a nice adder, makes the house look complete, my personal pref, for the Stucco finish is Sand, it just seems to make the house look bigger, but it's way spendy.
Good call on the g'door paint it should match the roof, all the ext. trim should match the roof
I will have to cruise by and check it out.
shoot me a PM about your exp. with Summit, good and bad, to help keep quality service and product.
Karl

INSman
09-07-2005, 07:44 PM
good.. sounds like your happy (Thats all that counts), stone work is always a nice adder, makes the house look complete, my personal pref, for the Stucco finish is Sand, it just seems to make the house look bigger, but it's way spendy.
Good call on the g'door paint it should match the roof, all the ext. trim should match the roof
I will have to cruise by and check it out.
shoot me a PM about your exp. with Summit, good and bad, to help keep quality service and product.
Karl
SAND finish ??
My experince with Summit so far is no secret, they have exceeded my expectations so far and I am very happy. Unless something goes critically wrong in the next 4-6 weeks, I would recommend them to anyone and everyone that would solicit my opinion or experience :D

Sun burners
09-07-2005, 08:10 PM
Wow thats weird,
I saw a Shockwave just like yours beside me!

SummitKarl
09-07-2005, 08:24 PM
SAND finish ??
My experince with Summit so far is no secret, they have exceeded my expectations so far and I am very happy. Unless something goes critically wrong in the next 4-6 weeks, I would recommend them to anyone and everyone that would solicit my opinion or experience :D
I am glad to hear your happy, like I said "thats all that counts"
the three stages of stucco summit normally deals with is
1) scratch (standard very rough finish) a sure bleeder if your skin touches it
2) Dash (next step up) this is a scratch finish trowled a bit smoother (not a bleeder)
3) sand (very smooth finish) look as though it was sand blasted
scratch finish is on the models on mulberry
sand finish is on the Pinnacle model on Tonto Dr.
have you noticed Summit Estates going up across from Bashars (south side)
a gated community, with the regal as the base model, most are Pinnacles but a few are my new Regency 1912 sq ft, with 56 sq. ft deep RV we have a few lots left :D

INSman
09-07-2005, 09:41 PM
Wow thats weird,
I saw a Shockwave just like yours beside me!
Entirely possible, was a somewhat lenghty trip back from Havasu Springs. A pic of your boat might refresh my memory :jawdrop: :D

INSman
09-07-2005, 09:44 PM
2) Dash (next step up) this is a scratch finish trowled a bit smoother (not a bleeder)
a gated community, with the regal as the base model, most are Pinnacles but a few are my new Regency 1912 sq ft, with 56 sq. ft deep RV we have a few lots left :D
Too bad I didn't get to see your new Regency model with the 56' garage, I would have liked that feature for sure !! Not sure which stucco finish I got and was not presented any options on that one, oh well.

cola
09-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Talking plaster, drive by the duplex at the top of Kirk North side it's dark. Will look better with the stone & trim paint.
Late, Mike

CJ
09-08-2005, 08:45 AM
I was in Steamboat when the wind picked up. I was just about to leave and was telling the two guys who tied up to me while I was napping to anchor so I could get out of there. As they were whacking off, the wind hit and we started to move.
I waited til the last moment, untied and got the hell out of there. I felt terrible for these guys the boats they were running into but I gave them good warning and tried to help. When that wind hits Steamboat, it's like a bomb hits!
I ran back to Thompson with tabs down and prop up which is the best way to run the big chop and my wife is always amazed at what we ran through after we get back.
Insman, get that boat in the ocean! I did the SCOPE poker run a couple of weekends ago and ran 100 miles from Long Beach to Avalon to Balboa to Long Beach. I ran 60-65 the whole way there and back with a few slowdowns due to some serious snot. Out of 120 boats, i was probably the 4th smallest, one of 7 or 8 single motored, and one of 20 boats under 35 feet. It was an incredible field of boats!
I've seen your boat around and it looks awesome on the water. Lot's of happy friends with Shockwaves!

INSman
09-08-2005, 09:26 AM
I was in Steamboat when the wind picked up. I was just about to leave and was telling the two guys who tied up to me while I was napping to anchor so I could get out of there. As they were whacking off, the wind hit and we started to move.
I waited til the last moment, untied and got the hell out of there. I felt terrible for these guys the boats they were running into but I gave them good warning and tried to help. When that wind hits Steamboat, it's like a bomb hits!
I ran back to Thompson with tabs down and prop up which is the best way to run the big chop and my wife is always amazed at what we ran through after we get back.
Insman, get that boat in the ocean! I did the SCOPE poker run a couple of weekends ago and ran 100 miles from Long Beach to Avalon to Balboa to Long Beach. I ran 60-65 the whole way there and back with a few slowdowns due to some serious snot. Out of 120 boats, i was probably the 4th smallest, one of 7 or 8 single motored, and one of 20 boats under 35 feet. It was an incredible field of boats!
I've seen your boat around and it looks awesome on the water. Lot's of happy friends with Shockwaves!
I am thinking seriously of taking it into the ocean, it just presents problems in having to tow it back and forth from Havasu and not having local storage while it is close by to my home in Thousand Oaks. I am sure it will happen though.