PDA

View Full Version : Bacardi Silver breaks 200mph

Tom Slick
08-04-2003, 02:59 PM
The Bacardi Silver 36' Skater driven by Dave Scott and throttled by John Tomlinson broke the 200mph barrier in North Carolina kilo run. They ran 202.907 mph on the first leg of the kilo, but slowed on the run back for an average and new world kilo record of 198.5 mph. Those boys back east don't f!@# around. Congratulations to the Bacardi Silver crew!

Sandbar Mike
08-04-2003, 03:13 PM
Tom Slick:
The Bacardi Silver 36' Skater driven by Dave Scott and throttled by John Tomlinson broke the 200mph barrier in North Carolina kilo run. They ran 202.907 mph on the first leg of the kilo, but slowed on the run back for an average and new world kilo record of 198.5 mph. Those boys back east don't f!@# around. Congratulations to the Bacardi Silver crew! Slick where do you view the races at? What Station? I used to get up early on saturdays and watch speed channel, Looks like theyv stopped showing the APBA stuff. Thats ****ed

Tom Slick
08-04-2003, 03:20 PM
Sandbar,
I haven't seen them on TV in quite awhile either. I thought that I saw a listing for them to continue in September. Typical TV B.S. Race this month, watch on TV in 3 months! burningm

nobling
08-04-2003, 03:22 PM
Hey tom not so slick wake up!!!
your in a spectre not a skater..
its just a dream. You boys from the I.E.only drive
ten foot high fords with the 18ft.flatty...
wessst siiiide!

Tom Slick
08-04-2003, 03:34 PM
nobling,
What's up you little fagget? Have you been out to the lake lately, or have you been to busy hanging out at Pep Boys waiting for your order of gold Daytons for your trailer to come in?
P.S. Bob Teague called. Your new sea water pump is in. You might want to pick up a spare :D
P.S.S. Next time you're in the I.E., lets do lunch.

nobling
08-04-2003, 09:04 PM
Any way slick what hppened with NISSAN!!!!!
ARE YOU SPENDING THE MILLIONS FROM YOUR CONTRACT,AND WHEN WILL JACK DANIELS EXPRESS BE FINISHED TO RUN THE BACARDI BI*C HS..YAEHH YAEHH.
BY THE WAY IM ON THE S--T LIST AT CASTAIC...,BECAUSE I WAS TROLLING TO FAST FOR SNAPPER!!!!!!!!

Tom Slick
08-04-2003, 09:13 PM
Are you the reason they are going to shut that place down? It wouldn't surprise me if you were. Did you really get busted? When is your next Havi trip?

nobling
08-04-2003, 09:44 PM
My wife is due to pop out little eddie any minute now and shes yelling as we speak wanting to know whats so funny in here.......my reply is ITS MY DOGS FROM THE I.E ,THERE IN THE HEZZE FOR SHEZZZE.
LET ME KNOW ABOUT TRIPS IN ABOUT 5 WEEKS,ILL NEED A BREAK. YOU KNOW "CALGON TAKE ME AWAY."
ANY WAY IM ON THE LIST WAITING FOR A PLACE AT THE ISLANDER FOR 2004.AND IM ALSO STILL SAVING MY NICKELS TO BUY THE FUEL, IVE SAVED UP $10.55 SO FAR.DAMN IM GETTING CLOSE ILL TO BE ABLE TO MAYBE COAST TO THE BRIDGE.
ITS ROUGH IN THE GETTO!!!!!!!!!11

Reaper1
08-05-2003, 07:02 AM
Hey Slick, how come they ran this speed in the 36' and not the 46'? I thought that was the whole point of the bigger boat to be safer at speed.

Three Days Only
08-05-2003, 08:45 AM
Nobling,
What up there sexpot? Is the rumour true, Upper and lower lake August 31 shut down for good!! I hear they need 1.4 mil to keep it open, but it will cost 3 mil for the state to secure it for closuer. Lets be glad that we don't get all the government that we pay for.

Tom Slick
08-05-2003, 11:22 AM
Reaper1,
They built the 46' for the PX class in offshore, because they were getting pretty beat up last season in the 36'. The 46' handles the rough way better and is more forgiving on the driver and throttle men. The 36' is used now in kilo run events, because it is faster then the 46'. Rumor has it that the 36' is for sale.

Reaper1
08-05-2003, 12:09 PM
For sale huh? Let's pool our money together and maybe we can buy the rudder. :p

24RODjr
08-05-2003, 12:21 PM
No photos??? Man...ya'll are slippin'

nobling
08-05-2003, 01:58 PM
HEY 3DAY ITS TRUE SO THEY SAY .MY BFATHER INLAW JUST GOT HIS HOURS CUT IN HALF THIS WEEK.
BUT I THINK THERE CLOSING (I HOPE )TO FINISH CONSTRUCTION.I LIKE THART LAKE JUST TO CHILL..
P.S. WERES THAT NEW HOT ROD!!!!!!!!!!!

Three Days Only
08-05-2003, 05:28 PM
Nobling,
flying to FL august 14 on the red eye. Testing the boat friday morning and then alittle business, and Im done. Planning on lounging on the beach saturday, flying home sunday morning. There going to install the intercom system, throw it on the truck, and off to cali it goes. I'll give you the heads up when it gets here. Were planning on running it out in long beach the next day. Tom slick, are you getting this!!!!! I will throw you a ring too, and give the heads up on the maiden voyage to catalina. Drinks at the Yard House, Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Jeff
[ August 05, 2003, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Three Days Only ]

Tom Slick
08-05-2003, 08:46 PM
3 Days,
I'm jealous. Here you are getting a sick ass new boat and I'm trying to sell mine. Do you need a throttle man? :D

Three Days Only
08-05-2003, 11:43 PM
Slick,
I might need help learning to drive the bitch? It is going to be a big change from a V-bottom, but I couldnt think of another way to go.

Sandbar Mike
08-06-2003, 05:17 AM
Three Days Only:
Slick,
I might need help learning to drive the bitch? It is going to be a big change from a V-bottom, but I couldnt think of another way to go. OK enough of this 2 way conversation shit, What are you getting (3days), sounds rowdy to need intercom. Spectre/Skater??
Good Luck :D wink

Sandbar Mike
08-06-2003, 05:22 AM
(3 days Never Mind), Congrats 36 Spectre, That things gonna ride nice. I just read your the insurance board :D

Reaper1
08-06-2003, 07:45 AM
Three Days Only:
Nobling,
flying to FL august 14 on the red eye. Testing the boat friday morning and then alittle business, and Im done. Planning on lounging on the beach saturday, flying home sunday morning. There going to install the intercom system, throw it on the truck, and off to cali it goes. I'll give you the heads up when it gets here. Were planning on running it out in long beach the next day. Tom slick, are you getting this!!!!! I will throw you a ring too, and give the heads up on the maiden voyage to catalina. Drinks at the Yard House, Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Jeff Very Nice! I wouldn't mind seeing this machine also. I've got a fresh bottle of Goose at home. wink
Is nobling the guy I think it is? 28' Cole???

Three Days Only
08-06-2003, 08:18 AM
Reaper1,
Nobling, Bought Slicks old HTM!!!!!!!