PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Own A Mercedes Ml320

ShutYaPieHole
09-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Anyone Own A Mercedes Ml320. If So Have You Had Any Problems With Them.

C-2
09-07-2005, 08:03 PM
Try:
http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/
Will answer any question you've ever had about an MB.
The ML's used to have a known issue with the harmonic balancer falling apart, I think they put it on recall. Mine grenaded on my E320 and a few months later they finally got around to fessing up and issuing a recall for the E320 engines too.
Afterall, just how do you maintain a harmonic balancer?

robertm
09-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Im a Mechanic for Benz. Yeah they do have a big problem with crankshaft pullys coming apart. When you say ML320 are you talking the 2006 model or the earlier model? 2006 is completely different from the earlier models. We really havent seen any major problems with the new ones. Alot nicer, rides much better, doesnt squeek and rattle. It also gets the new v6 which uses a different style crankshaft pulley. The old style ML320 doesnt really have too many problems. but rides like crap and rattle a lot. transmissions tend to leak. the really early ones have problems with the window switches going out and a lot of problems with mass air flow sensors going out, that goes for all mercedes with the 320 engine.

C-2
09-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Im a Mechanic for Benz. Yeah they do have a big problem with crankshaft pullys coming apart. When you say ML320 are you talking the 2006 model or the earlier model? 2006 is completely different from the earlier models. We really havent seen any major problems with the new ones. Alot nicer, rides much better, doesnt squeek and rattle. It also gets the new v6 which uses a different style crankshaft pulley. The old style ML320 doesnt really have too many problems. but rides like crap and rattle a lot. transmissions tend to leak. the really early ones have problems with the window switches going out and a lot of problems with mass air flow sensors going out, that goes for all mercedes with the 320 engine.
Oh yeah, that fun little "check engine" light. Been there, done that.
I'm actually at the tail end of the known problems for my E320, still waiting for the AC problems, window switches and sunroof. I rarely open either, so am hoping to dodge the bullet on those.
Gotta give props to MB - the car had 103K when the HB went out. They initially said no way they were covering it, I started squaking about it being a known problem and they covered the $2,400 repair, sans the serp belt.
Have never enjoyed a car as much as this one, just starting to do some mods. :)

ShutYaPieHole
09-07-2005, 11:49 PM
I jumped started mines today and now it will not stay unning. What the hell?????

ShutYaPieHole
09-07-2005, 11:57 PM
After using the a/c the suv tends not to want to shift gears after sitting for a while. What the hell?

IN2-IN2MX
09-08-2005, 12:17 AM
At least you have a Mercedes... :rolleyes: Try driving a Nissan :p

ShutYaPieHole
09-08-2005, 06:00 AM
i have a piece of sh!t.

jawbreakerkid
09-08-2005, 06:08 AM
My wife has a ML430. The only problem we had was the latch on the rear hatch broke.