PDA

View Full Version : The REAL MPH difference between a Jet and a V drive!

Pages : [1] 2

QuickJet
09-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Well as some of you know I sold my Bahner Jet and bought a Cole tr-2. The best MPH I was able to obtain from the jet was 80.7 MPH.
I took the motor out of the jet, changed nothing except pan, pickup, and headers. This last weekend with a borrowed prop (thanks Smalls) I was able to take it to CFW. My first pass was 91.3 MPH. It felt awsome. I was glued in for about half the run then freed it up. As soon as I did that it really started to take off.
The next day I made another pass that netted me a best of 91.4 mph.
My motor only makes an estimated 550-600 hp. I'm running 18 gears and a prop that is desinged for a motor making way more than mine. I'm going to switch to some 15's and get a similar prop. I'll grow into the prop eventually.
I had a great time running this thing out and will NEVER go back to a jet. The instant accelleration of the V-Drives reminds me of some of my drag cars. Incredable feeling.
I was even able to convert a die hard jet fan with a little pass in the Cole :hammerhea
Good times!!!

76BARRON
09-07-2005, 08:22 PM
Welcome To The Dark Side! :d

Kim Hanson
09-07-2005, 08:23 PM
I thought my OB was fast at 106, till I seen Infomaniacs boat rip...........( . )( . ).........The white one is a jet :2purples:
Info, SnowMan (http://media.putfile.com/Snowman1)

Jet City
09-07-2005, 08:38 PM
QJ, thats cool, I always wondered what the result of such a transfer would be, I know that TR2 is a runner bottom, what model/length was the Bahner? I'm also a jet guy that recently went to a v-drive, its been fun for me too.

cyclone
09-07-2005, 08:48 PM
To put it into perspective....My motor in my old jet boat went 115 and change...same motor in my new jet boat went 124 and change. its all in the hull and set up and not the method of propulsion. Either one will get the job done when set up properly.
never seen a bahner that set the world on fire performance wise. You just went from an average jet boat to a better vdrive is all.

Kim Hanson
09-07-2005, 08:52 PM
To put it into perspective....My motor in my old jet boat went 115 and change...same motor in my new jet boat went 124 and change. its all in the hull and set up and not the method of propulsion. Either one will get the job done when set up properly.
never seen a bahner that set the world on fire performance wise. You just went from an average jet boat to a better vdrive is all.
Tunnels are the shit, bottom line....................( . )( . ).......... :D Don't play with them now......... :D

ColeTR2
09-07-2005, 08:58 PM
What was the RPM like in the Cole VS. the jet?

Flat Crazy Racing
09-07-2005, 09:41 PM
Dude, you can't compare the two..... Power to a jet, vs power to a prop are NOT the same.....Changing gears and the prop, WHY? The prop will come right in to the gear change, or vice versa. Dial the boat in with what ya got, then adjust to your power plant. Sure, change the gears to meet your power range, or change the prop to bring the Rs up or down, but don't change both at the same time, or you're just pissing in the wind, and the true level of performance will never be known............MP

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Lance Faulkner ran a sustained 121 twice for over 5/8ths of a mile with a single 4bbl, 650 horsepower, chevy. He did this without a tunnel hull or a runnerbottom, just a good ol "true flat" Biesemeyer flatty.
The Boat Ace
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/SS-70%20Kilo%20001.jpg
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/SS-70%20Kilo.jpg

Moneypitt
09-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Jerry, you're such a stickler for details.....We all know which would/could be faster.....I question the reported performance in the jet.......Ray

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-07-2005, 10:02 PM
Jerry, you're such a stickler for details.....We all know which would/could be faster.....I question the reported performance in the jet.......Ray
Ray, I think that Cole has more in it. Just needs the setup fine tuned :cool:

steelcomp
09-07-2005, 10:17 PM
One's a comin. :D
I'll be glad do get done with my Bahner for a while so I can work on my real boat...my 19 Spectra V dr. :D

dmontzsta
09-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Lance was the man...650hp single carb 121mph...one can only wish their boat was that dialed in. Truely amazing.
I am hoping for 100mph with 600-625hp.

QuickJet
09-07-2005, 11:29 PM
Dude, you can't compare the two..... Power to a jet, vs power to a prop are NOT the same.....Changing gears and the prop, WHY? The prop will come right in to the gear change, or vice versa. Dial the boat in with what ya got, then adjust to your power plant. Sure, change the gears to meet your power range, or change the prop to bring the Rs up or down, but don't change both at the same time, or you're just pissing in the wind, and the true level of performance will never be known............MP
I'm changing the prop because it's not mine. I bought the boat without one. A good friend was kind enough to lend me his so that I could bring it this last weekend. I am going to get a similar cut one (no two props are the same) and change the gears to better suit my engine's power. My RPM's are 5,800 @ 91.4 mph!
I am pretty confident that I can pick up a few more MPH without changing a thing on the engine.

QuickJet
09-07-2005, 11:46 PM
If it's all in the hull then why are so many Jet boats affraid to race V-drives :confused: J/K Not to mention you rarely see a 22' or bigger boat with a jet on the back of it. Sure you can make ANY type of propulsion fast and your boat exemplifies that, it just depends on how much money you want to spend.
And I can pretty much gauruntee that if I hung a Berkely off the back of my Cole it would slow down quite a bit.

QuickJet
09-07-2005, 11:56 PM
QJ, thats cool, I always wondered what the result of such a transfer would be, I know that TR2 is a runner bottom, what model/length was the Bahner? I'm also a jet guy that recently went to a v-drive, its been fun for me too.
My Bahner was a 19' semi V hull. It was a great boat I just out grew it in my quest for speed and acceleration.

09-08-2005, 03:54 AM
Cover your cornflakes cause LV is pissing again :D . Popcorn anyone?

Carnivalride
09-08-2005, 04:09 AM
I'm changing the prop because it's not mine. I bought the boat without one. A good friend was kind enough to lend me his so that I could bring it this last weekend. I am going to get a similar cut one (no two props are the same) and change the gears to better suit my engine's power. My RPM's are 5,800 @ 91.4 mph!
I am pretty confident that I can pick up a few more MPH without changing a thing on the engine.
That's great glad your happy! ;) ;) I think you should be able to get more out of too. I run a heavy Hondo runner bottom that used to run consistant mid 90's (mph) at the drags with a low compression, single 4bbl 454. Shoot for 100mph :D :D

INEEDAV
09-08-2005, 05:12 AM
As many bowls of cornflakes as he pisses in you'd think he would dehydrate himself. LV drink some water, your gonna make yourself sick..........

superdave013
09-08-2005, 05:18 AM
Guys, he's still over geared. Just wait until he gets some 15 or better yet some 12's in that sucker. LV with his big buck DNE engine will never be able to keep up. lol
I don't see what the drama is. He took the engine out of a run of the mill jet and slapped it in a run of the mill flat. I know it's a TR2 and trust me, I'm not dissin it one bit. But it's not some super light weight boat built with all the new wizzy materials like the Canyons (among others) are. It's just a Cole flat just like Jim Cole built them for the general Joe Smoe.
Hey LV, I wonder what his boat would run with your engine? Prolly be a stout Comp Flat right off the trailer.
Congrats man, isn't driving a flat the most bad ass feeling?

MAXIMUS
09-08-2005, 05:59 AM
I don't see what the drama is. Congrats man, isn't driving a flat the most bad ass feeling?
You are the Drama big boy! :messedup:

superdave013
09-08-2005, 06:06 AM
You are the Drama big boy! :messedup:
and you my friend are the mullet king. :2purples:

dmontzsta
09-08-2005, 06:06 AM
lol
Please, give me some popcorn.
He has something to try and prove again.
:cool:

Cs19
09-08-2005, 06:52 AM
There is a handful of guys on Banderlog with "run of the mill" Bahners that run all of 91.3-91.4.
Are you sure its "THE REAL DIFFERENCE" ?

single barrel
09-08-2005, 07:04 AM
There is a handful of guys on Banderlog with "run of the mill" Bahners that run all of 91.3-91.4.
Can't handle the truth CS19? Jets are turds and more power is needed to run with flats? Accept it and purchase one!!!

superdave013
09-08-2005, 07:08 AM
I wonder how fast a Cole TR2 would go with one of their engines? :idea:
Lets see, a new Ultra tunnel with a stepped up blown bbc with 572" runs 124mph and I'm thinking that the Hondo that was out with you guys only has a 540" NA and runs much faster and quicker to boot.
My 1974 Hondo only had a 461" blown deal and it ran faster and quicker then Cyclone's set up. Humm, yes I think there is a difference.

superdave013
09-08-2005, 07:10 AM
same engine hu? C'Mon Mike

lucky
09-08-2005, 07:19 AM
all i have to say about this is -- if my aunt had balls she'd have been my uncle-
a prop will always be more effecient than a jet -- no if , ands or butts.

LakesOnly
09-08-2005, 08:08 AM
A friend of mine was the World Record holder in Pro Gas Jet in 1991...held down both ends of the record...something like 8.055 @ 125 mph or so. So back then, 125mph was a fast as that naturally aspirated/carbureted motor could make the tunnel hull go...and World Record at that. The record was received with that engine, and the engine was retired and sat idle in his shop (for sentimental reasons).
Then in 1993, the same engine was leased for a season to a guy running Pro Gas Flat. In the prop boat, the same motor moved the prop boat a consisent 7.80's @ 137 mph, or 12 mph faster than the world record holding Pro Gas Jet. The prop boat was the APBA high points champ that season, so max effort/consistency shows in both applicatons of the same engine, and the differences in speed are interesting, regardless of different hulls, etc. (which of course have some effect one way or the other).
BTW, last I heard, that record setting engine is currently going into a hydro...wonder how much faster it will go now? :idea: :D
LO

cyclone
09-08-2005, 08:15 AM
same engine hu? C'Mon Mike
With the exception of new valve springs. its the same engine buddy.

Cs19
09-08-2005, 08:16 AM
You guys act like I dont know that a flat is faster with the same engine, I fully grasp all that.
Some of this just isnt legit, thats all.
How much for a bare canyon right now off a trailer?

Cs19
09-08-2005, 08:19 AM
A friend of mine was the World Record holder in Pro Gas Jet in 1991...held down both ends of the record...something like 8.055 @ 125 mph or so. So back then, 125mph was a fast as that natrually aspirated/carbureted motor could make the tunnel hull go...and World Record at that. The record was received with that engine, and the engine was retired and sat idle in his shop (for sentimental reasons).
Then in 1993, the same engine was leased for a season to a guy running Pro Gas Flat. In the prop boat, the same motor moved the prop boat a consisent 7.80's @ 137 mph, or 12 mph faster than the world record holding Pro Gas Jet. The prop boat was the APBA high points champ that season, so max effort/consistency shows in both applicatons of the same engine, and the differences in speed are interesting, regardless different hulls, etc.
BTW, last I heard, that record setting engine is currently going into a hydro...wonder how much faster it will go now? :idea: :D
LO
no need to drop the hint, its clear as day.Thats not the argument.
you say he held the record at 125 "or so"? whos this?

LakesOnly
09-08-2005, 08:26 AM
You guys act like I dont know that a flat is faster with the same engine, I fully grasp all that.
CS, if this is directed at me, I just want to say that I'm not posting toward you or anyone, really...I simply thought that this tidbit of info is fitting for the thread and its topic, thats all. :)
no need to drop the hint, its clear as day.Thats not the argument.
you say he held the record at 125 "or so"? whos this?
I just looked it up, and the actual Record was 124.87 @ 8.055", held by Lem Evans (boat owner) and Roger Austin (driver).
When I said, "(Dropping a Hint)," it was in referrence the last line about wondering how fast it will go in a hydro. The HINT is that I bought the engine for my Dimarco hydro, that's all. Didn't mean to misdirect you...I guess this be the wrong place to make the announcement.
LO

superdave013
09-08-2005, 08:27 AM
What part of Quickjet's original post was BS then?
And just for the record, I'm not knockin jets. I owned one and had lots of fun with it.

Cs19
09-08-2005, 08:29 AM
My 1974 Hondo only had a 461" blown deal and it ran faster and quicker then Cyclone's set up. Humm, yes I think there is a difference.
wasting your time SD.
The fact is, the Bahner was a turd. I still want to know what this bahner was set up like. Prolly no shoe/plate, 5 inches of hook and a rock grate. woo hoo.Just about every jetboats leaves the dealer with all that BS on it now, its something you just cant run without if your even a half ass performance guy.Even the ski boats have all that now.
Was it the "REAL" difference? I doubt it.
A Rogers recently left MPD and got all the BS that Roger's never took care of, loader,shoe,plate blah blah. it picked up 12 mph.this Bahner is a bit off its potential.

Cs19
09-08-2005, 08:32 AM
Can't handle the truth CS19? Jets are turds and more power is needed to run with flats? Accept it and purchase one!!!
I can handle it.
I like my boat, all the jet boat people, all the gatherings, and i like tinkering with them, maybe one day when Im burnt out ill run a canyon or something, for now im having fun with this.

Jetboatguru
09-08-2005, 08:34 AM
CS,
a bare Canyon is gonna cost you $8500 and that is if you can even get one built. Flakiest of builders.
a Canyon ready to run "off the trailer" could run you $25K
A used Canyon that is in decent shape is between 9K and 15K

superdave013
09-08-2005, 08:39 AM
I see your point. It's the same way with flats too really. I used to pit by Dave Sammonds. We ran pretty close to each other at the time (low 8's). I had my deal on kill and he had his set up very soft (and less cubic inches). I think it's safe to say his Canyon was just set up better and was a racier hull then my old Hondo was.

LakesOnly
09-08-2005, 08:41 AM
a bare Canyon is gonna cost you...if you can even get one built. Flakiest of builders.
I dunno, man...a guy I know just waited sixteen months for his Bitz. http://southwindjetboats.com/forum/upload/html/emoticons/jawdrop.gif
This could be a whole thread topic unto itself. ;)
LO

superdave013
09-08-2005, 08:42 AM
I dunno, man...a guy I know just waited sixteen months for his Bitz. http://southwindjetboats.com/forum/upload/html/emoticons/jawdrop.gif
LO
At least he got it. lol

cyclone
09-08-2005, 08:48 AM
I see your point. It's the same way with flats too really. I used to pit by Dave Sammonds. We ran pretty close to each other at the time (low 8's). I had my deal on kill and he had his set up very soft (and less cubic inches). I think it's safe to say his Canyon was just set up better and was a racier hull then my old Hondo was.
ding!
set up. set up. set up.
i've no doubt that a prop with a vdrive or outdrive in front of it is more efficient than a direct-driven jet. i was just commenting on the man's assumption that his new boat was that much better than the old one just because it had a vdrive in it.

superdave013
09-08-2005, 08:53 AM
everyone is being nice now. this thread is no longer fun. :crossx:

MandDPerformance
09-08-2005, 09:08 AM
LO
Another "Flakiest of Builders"

MandDPerformance
09-08-2005, 09:11 AM
I can handle it.
I like my boat, all the jet boat people, all the gatherings, and i like tinkering with them, maybe one day when Im burnt out ill run a canyon or something, for now im having fun with this.
I like your jet boat, all the people, all the gatherings and tinkering as well as racing. I just don't think I'll ever get burnt out. :sleeping: :sleeping:
Never a boring pass.

dmontzsta
09-08-2005, 09:13 AM
A friend of mine was the World Record holder in Pro Gas Jet in 1991...held down both ends of the record...something like 8.055 @ 125 mph or so. So back then, 125mph was a fast as that naturally aspirated/carbureted motor could make the tunnel hull go...and World Record at that. The record was received with that engine, and the engine was retired and sat idle in his shop (for sentimental reasons).
Then in 1993, the same engine was leased for a season to a guy running Pro Gas Flat. In the prop boat, the same motor moved the prop boat a consisent 7.80's @ 137 mph, or 12 mph faster than the world record holding Pro Gas Jet. The prop boat was the APBA high points champ that season, so max effort/consistency shows in both applicatons of the same engine, and the differences in speed are interesting, regardless of different hulls, etc. (which of course have some effect one way or the other).
LO
I am going to guess 145mph with a good driver. :)

lucky
09-08-2005, 09:36 AM
I am going to guess 145mph with a good driver. :)
the king driving for ya don ????

dmontzsta
09-08-2005, 09:49 AM
the king driving for ya don ????
No. Well...if he wants to drive a V-Drive Hydro at the drags. :)
Paul, it would be cool to have Scarlatta make a pass in your boat. :)

MAXIMUS
09-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Is there a 21' vdrive available that could run 117 with a mild 540 and 9 lbs of boost??? Not a light weight mind you but a full tilt "ski boat"! :idea: :D :messedup:
Mullet ehh??? Hmmm... biatch! :boxingguy

lucky
09-08-2005, 12:05 PM
No. Well...if he wants to drive a V-Drive Hydro at the drags. :)
Paul, it would be cool to have Scarlatta make a pass in your boat. :)
the only pass scarlatta would make in my boat would be at me , and i don't swing that way lol
Toney can shoe my boat any time he wants , i'm getting tired of paddling myself :D

Cs19
09-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Well the $8500 isnt all that bad. I think Scotten is asking for something close to that for one of his boats bare, problem is he just got a new place to lay up his boats and he cant hit a number for the life of him.Eliminator wants over 20k to duplicate the boat I have. LMAO.
The flaky deal is unfortunate, the canyon is my favorite flat, although the TR4 is cool too, but what do I know? I just always thought they looked the fastest and the canyons lines flow nicely.
Anywyas SD, you feel me here? That tr2 is a performance boat right? Why compare it to a POS Bahner? Compare that to a better boat or atleast a Bahner that is set up at least half ass.

olbiezer
09-08-2005, 12:22 PM
hey cyclone ...i am not trying to bust your ass or nothing.....jsut wondering ......did u have to pay for all those pump improvements and motor parts u put into the rodgers when u worked for the magazine? hell u must have had 40k in it if u did......just wondering......(great gig if u can get it lol)

cyclone
09-08-2005, 12:42 PM
hey cyclone ...i am not trying to bust your ass or nothing.....jsut wondering ......did u have to pay for all those pump improvements and motor parts u put into the rodgers when u worked for the magazine? hell u must have had 40k in it if u did......just wondering......(great gig if u can get it lol)
i lost my ass when i sold the Rogers. copy?

superdave013
09-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Well the $8500 isnt all that bad. I think Scotten is asking for something close to that for one of his boats bare, problem is he just got a new place to lay up his boats and he cant hit a number for the life of him.Eliminator wants over 20k to duplicate the boat I have. LMAO.
The flaky deal is unfortunate, the canyon is my favorite flat, although the TR4 is cool too, but what do I know? I just always thought they looked the fastest and the canyons lines flow nicely.
Anywyas SD, you feel me here? That tr2 is a performance boat right? Why compare it to a POS Bahner? Compare that to a better boat or atleast a Bahner that is set up at least half ass.
Chris, I hope I never feel ya bro. lol But like I said I do see your point.
Now that you bring it up that way it would be intresting to see the difference in a set up like say your boat vs the M&D Hondo. I use Tony's Hondo because it's an older boat that is no light weight deal. But like yours his is very nice and seems to be set up well. I know it would never happen but it would be interesting to swap engines and see the difference.
BTW, I have no idea on how that Bahner was set up. And I'm not saying anything about his Cole but I've seen more then one of those that was not set up so hot either.

superdave013
09-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Cyclone's a big baller. You should see what that guy can do to a BRAND NEW pick up truck! lol

olbiezer
09-08-2005, 03:01 PM
cyclone dont get pissed i lost my ass when i sold my biesemeyer also. i know the feeling guy! kinda wish i still had it

cyclone
09-08-2005, 03:25 PM
oh i'm not pissed. It went to a very good home. That's my m-0 though. I build 'em and then lose my ass selling them.

Cs19
09-08-2005, 03:45 PM
Mike, You will be stoked when you see it. We just finished up the rail kit, its coming out ultra sano.

cyclone
09-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Mike, You will be stoked when you see it. We just finished up the rail kit, its coming out ultra sano.
I figured it would. glad to hear he's making progress on it.

V-DRIVES RULE
09-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Why is this thread even here?? SIMPLE deduction here the guys stock bahner vs stock tr2 ENOGH SAID PROPS FASTER!!! Now your either a real boat driver or a WANNA be pissin water out of a jet Moral of story wanna go fast Get a F@#k'in v drive :220v: :220v:

Cs19
09-08-2005, 04:27 PM
now thats a quality post.
bet your boat runs like your mouth.

dmontzsta
09-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Yeah. He doesnt hold back.
:D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Is there a 21' vdrive available that could run 117 with a mild 540 and 9 lbs of boost??? Not a light weight mind you but a full tilt "ski boat"! :idea: :D :messedup:
Mullet ehh??? Hmmm... biatch! :boxingguy
Max, why don't you define "ski boat" for us since we ***boat forum members can't seam to get on the same page. I say that based on the "lake boat"/ "race boat controversy" that never seems to be settled or should I say defined to everyones satisfaction.
BTW, a "full tilt" ski boat doesn't have an Enderle nor does it run anything but pump gas. Make a list of parameters before I start throwing down pics of ex ski race boats or interiored GN boats. :idea: :D

cyclone
09-08-2005, 05:24 PM
Max, why don't you define "ski boat" for us since we ***boat forum members can't seam to get on the same page. I say that based on the "lake boat"/ "race boat controversy" that never seems to be settled or should I say defined to everyones satisfaction.
BTW, a "full tilt" ski boat doesn't have an Enderle nor does it run anything but pump gas. Make a list of parameters before I start throwing down pics of ex ski race boats or interiored GN boats. :idea: :D
Ok i'm with you here just as long as you dont try to bust out with some fabled 21 Schiada RC that supposedly runs 117 mph on pump gas. I know lots of 21 RC owners that think their boat runs 100 until the gps tells em differently.

FLYTE RISK
09-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Well I can honestly say I have seen quick jet's boat, when another board member was looking for one.. We had the tape measure out and let me tell ya (quick jet dont take this wrong) the motor was not in the quote un quote proper location nor was the V-Drive or strut, so sorry CS your set up argument is way off....... Furthermore there may be some additional M.P.H in the boat.. But is it really about M.P.H, last time I looked boats were raced in E.T brackets not M.P.H!! Just my opinion I will find out if my boat is on the right track at Ming!! :confused: :D B.T.W Thanks M and D perf. for the set up help for my old Hondo!! :D

Kim Hanson
09-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Look at his post, he's slower than Forest Gump with out leg brace's..........( . )( . )............ :p

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-08-2005, 06:38 PM
Ok i'm with you here just as long as you dont try to bust out with some fabled 21 Schiada RC that supposedly runs 117 mph on pump gas. I know lots of 21 RC owners that think their boat runs 100 until the gps tells em differently.
I don't risk the fallout from posting "supposedlys". When people tell me how fast they think they are I validate it (or not) by many things...is the guy credible? Maybe a past racer that has a good feel for (recorded) speed, someone who has the equipment to back the claim and the proper instruments (GPS or Radar for ex.) for measure. Or have I seen or even taped a measured run.
I am a gearhead 1st and a half ass camera guy 2nd. I mingle with all forms of racing personas and consider myself a student when in their company. I try to arm myself with quality info not B.S. and I never post speeds that I personnally cannot verify.
I agree with you that there aren't very many 100 mph Schiadas running the local waterways but guys like Gary Hairabedian and Jon Meads are well over 100. My favorite boat for max's compairison would be the yellow 20ft Rayson craft that showed up at CBBB saturday just before sundown. It was previously owned by Bud Simi and runs a twin turbo chevy. Unlike the schiada the 20 ft Rayson GN runs on its ass and is capable of 120 plus given the right power and set up and it chews up 2 to 3 ft chop.
--Jerry :cool:

MikeF
09-08-2005, 06:47 PM
the 20 ft Rayson GN runs on its ass and is capable of 120 plus given the right power and set up and it chews up 2 to 3 ft chop.--Jerry :cool:
I'd like to order one...would you like that to go.....yes, TO GO! :D

Cs19
09-08-2005, 07:32 PM
Look at his post, he's slower than Forest Gump with out leg brace's..........( . )( . )............ :p
look at ALL of your posts, you gotta be kidding me.

Cs19
09-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Well I can honestly say I have seen quick jet's boat, when another board member was looking for one.. We had the tape measure out and let me tell ya (quick jet dont take this wrong) the motor was not in the quote un quote proper location nor was the V-Drive or strut, so sorry CS your set up argument is way off....... Furthermore there may be some additional M.P.H in the boat.. But is it really about M.P.H, last time I looked boats were raced in E.T brackets not M.P.H!! Just my opinion I will find out if my boat is on the right track at Ming!! :confused: :D B.T.W Thanks M and D perf. for the set up help for my old Hondo!! :D
Your measurement has nothing to do with where I was going, its a losing battle anyways. You guys rule and everyone else sucks, works for me.
I agree with the ET comment, see you at Ming.
CS

Squirtin Thunder
09-08-2005, 08:13 PM
I don't risk the fallout from posting "supposedlys". When people tell me how fast they think they are I validate it (or not) by many things...is the guy credible? Maybe a past racer that has a good feel for (recorded) speed, someone who has the equipment to back the claim and the proper instruments (GPS or Radar for ex.) for measure. Or have I seen or even taped a measured run.
I am a gearhead 1st and a half ass camera guy 2nd. I mingle with all forms of racing personas and consider myself a student when in their company. I try to arm myself with quality info not B.S. and I never post speeds that I personnally cannot verify.
I agree with you that there aren't very many 100 mph Schiadas running the local waterways but guys like Gary Hairabedian and Jon Meads are well over 100. My favorite boat for max's compairison would be the yellow 20ft Rayson craft that showed up at CBBB saturday just before sundown. It was previously owned by Bud Simi and runs a twin turbo chevy. Unlike the schiada the 20 ft Rayson GN runs on its ass and is capable of 120 plus given the right power and set up and it chews up 2 to 3 ft chop.
Jerry do you have a pic of that boat ???

Kim Hanson
09-08-2005, 08:23 PM
look at ALL of your posts, you gotta be kidding me.
No im not, its all in the entertainment and Jets :mix: .........( . )( . ).......... :D

MandDPerformance
09-08-2005, 08:51 PM
B.T.W Thanks M and D perf. for the set up help for my old Hondo!! :D
You're welcome. I hope your old Hondo runs as good as ours. :D :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Jerry do you have a pic of that boat ???
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_Simi%20001.jpg

circleboatKIDD
09-08-2005, 10:10 PM
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_Simi%20001.jpg
Ive ridin in this boat runs real hard even in the rough stuff, took it to the ski races in Clearlake one year right out of the garage no real tune up and spanked everyone :D

QuickJet
09-08-2005, 10:22 PM
http://www.norcal1320.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10085/Colin.JPG

dmontzsta
09-08-2005, 11:05 PM
Lmao

superdave013
09-09-2005, 05:15 AM
Hey CS19, how does your lip feel?
By looking at the time stamps on your posts in this thread you got hooked at 7:52AM. You ran hook, line and sinker until 8:49PM. That's a long time to be hooked up man! :D

Scotty
09-09-2005, 06:59 AM
Is this the same yellow boat that was @ Needles a few years back. And is it for sale.. Just wondering.

MAXIMUS
09-09-2005, 07:09 AM
Jerry you know as well as I that the Gn in question parked next to my jet boat would not hardly be a fair comparison. You really should take a closer look at my ride next time you are around instead of trying not to notice it! :D It has dual batteries, full interior with plywood side panels & a rear bench that will seat 4. 4 good size speakers, 2 tweaters, 2 12" kickers, a rather stout amp with cooling fans, & 10 disk changer. Ski locker full of extra shiat. 2 large billet swim steps. Large & heavy stainless steel through transom exhaust. Heavy uhpolstered engine covers. 3 brass water puppy bilge pumps. Bimini top & 3 fuel tanks capable of holding 60 gal of gas. This would be what I am using for a comparison. Now it would be easy to make a 21' jet like the one that used to run njba run 125 with a single 4 barrel by just removing some of these items & perfecting the set up! I have not heard of a 21' v drive that has done the same! :) Also keep in mind we are talking about 9 lbs of boost. Not 20 like many turbos run or some of these guys like to run on kill with blowers. 3 days of tubing & only using 91 octane out of the pump with a light 110 spritzer. This is not slinging shit just asking for a fair comparison...

single barrel
09-09-2005, 07:41 AM
You're welcome. I hope your old Hondo runs as good as ours. :D :D
That sure is a statement in confidence. What's that boat run, by the way.

Cs19
09-09-2005, 07:44 AM
The yellow Gn has been sold, its in the Needles area now full time.

Cs19
09-09-2005, 07:46 AM
Hey CS19, how does your lip feel?
By looking at the time stamps on your posts in this thread you got hooked at 7:52AM. You ran hook, line and sinker until 8:49PM. That's a long time to be hooked up man! :D
I never even bit SD, you would have known if I had taken the bait. :D
Have a good one.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-09-2005, 08:11 AM
Jerry you know as well as I that the Gn in question parked next to my jet boat would not hardly be a fair comparison. You really should take a closer look at my ride next time you are around instead of trying not to notice it! :D It has dual batteries, full interior with plywood side panels & a rear bench that will seat 4. 4 good size speakers, 2 tweaters, 2 12" kickers, a rather stout amp with cooling fans, & 10 disk changer. Ski locker full of extra shiat. 2 large billet swim steps. Large & heavy stainless steel through transom exhaust. Heavy uhpolstered engine covers. 3 brass water puppy bilge pumps. Bimini top & 3 fuel tanks capable of holding 60 gal of gas. This would be what I am using for a comparison. Now it would be easy to make a 21' jet like the one that used to run njba run 125 with a single 4 barrel by just removing some of these items & perfecting the set up! I have not heard of a 21' v drive that has done the same! :) Also keep in mind we are talking about 9 lbs of boost. Not 20 like many turbos run or some of these guys like to run on kill with blowers. 3 days of tubing & only using 91 octane out of the pump with a light 110 spritzer. just asking for a fair comparison...
Dude, your never going to convince anyone that yours is a full tilt "Ski Boat". I looked at it...I saw a 14-71 under a hat. :messedup: A true ski boat doesn't need to mix 110 or need to be primed. You have a well rounded boat which is good because the driver is fairly well rounded :devil: shade, tunes and fuel capacity help but your really reaching here.
The boat you mention with the single 4 sounds impressive. Achieving that kind of speed couldn't have been EZ as you stated. What kind if HP is in that combo? Also, did they run 91 octane? I bet not. And hey, whats wrong with 3 days of tubing, every guy in town wishes he had 3 days of tubing (that was for lucky) :cool: . A fair compairison would require you to come up with a real ski boat for us to compare it to. Buds ol boat was used for ski racing, it was also used for recreation just like your boat.
I skiied behind a blown alky hydro once (have it on vid) that didn't or doesn't make that boat a full tilt "ski Boat". :hammerhea If you're still going to insist your boat is a skier, take me skiing for a day and I'll come back in here with a full report.
Lay down some realistic parameters and we'll go from there.

Morg
09-09-2005, 08:19 AM
You know I judt don't get this debate.
You take equal power, put it in a well set up tunnel jet & a well set up runner, the runner is faster period. Just look at pro gas jet vs. pro gas flat. These are guys working real hard to make the boat run the fastest within the same rules. Are the rules not equal on motors???
You take a bahner jet that may not have been set up as well as it could it runs 81 mph, which sounds pretty good. Put the motor in a runner that I know is not set up as well as it could, with a driver who is new to flats & it runs 91. Obviously I have no idea how boats work, but thats pretty dang simple. It just plain ran faster.
Now Lv can try to dazzle me with his physics :rolleyes: . But it seems some can't see the forrest through the trees.
BTW- Out of the group of guys I run with. the fastest boat is a Daytona tunnel. Paul's deal runs in the buck teen area. I tell you this just cause frankly I don't care what type of boat you run. Just have fun.

MAXIMUS
09-09-2005, 08:50 AM
Dude, your never going to convince anyone that yours is a full tilt "Ski Boat". I looked at it...I saw a 14-71 under a hat. :messedup: A true ski boat doesn't need to mix 110 or need to be primed. You have a well rounded boat which is good because the driver is fairly well rounded :devil: shade, tunes and fuel capacity help but your really reaching here.
The boat you mention with the single 4 sounds impressive. Achieving that kind of speed couldn't have been EZ as you stated. What kind if HP is in that combo? Also, did they run 91 octane? I bet not. And hey, whats wrong with 3 days of tubing, every guy in town wishes he had 3 days of tubing (that was for lucky) :cool: . A fair compairison would require you to come up with a real ski boat for us to compare it to. Buds ol boat was used for ski racing, it was also used for recreation just like your boat.
I skiied behind a blown alky hydro once (have it on vid) that didn't or doesn't make that boat a full tilt "ski Boat". :hammerhea If you're still going to insist your boat is a skier, take me skiing for a day and I'll come back in here with a full report.
Do you know of a boat running similar power with a v-drive that is not a race boat to compare to??? I don't. All the 21 turbo & blown v-drives I have run with on the river were pumping more power into their set ups than mine... I don't think that is an unfair comparison. Yes a v-drive is more effecient. Owning both I know this! However find me a fair comparison to my jet & then we can talk! Ill pull you skiing for the day amigo! It would be my pleasure... :devil:

Boat211
09-09-2005, 08:58 AM
I am a fan of the prop. It seems a bit easier to push the boat as opposed to pushing the lake.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-09-2005, 09:00 AM
However find me a fair comparison to my jet & then we can talk!
I thought we jacked this thread to compare ski boats. :smile: Honestly Ben, very few boats will run as quick as yours in that size category. Top speed on the other hand I think we can cover. BTW how much $$$ do you have in that monster. :devil:

lucky
09-09-2005, 09:04 AM
THANK YOU JERRY - I'M GLAD YOU ALWAYS THINKING ABOUT ME - i FEEL WARM AND FUZZY NOW !

V-DRIVES RULE
09-09-2005, 09:14 AM
Lucky the Bench Racing JERKOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

superdave013
09-09-2005, 09:20 AM
You guys have to be kidding me. A TRUE ski boat must track well and be able to mantain 36mph. Not 35.5 or 36.5 but a true 36mph.
HCS is the only guy around here with a "true" ski boat.
Any good skier could pull the ass end of Maxis boat around pretty easy. It would be a real chore to pull a skier through the course and not clip the lil yeller balls.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/stinkyboy/Garbage/rabbit_pancake.jpg

Sanger D
09-09-2005, 10:54 AM
I,m in this now mother fokkers!!!!!! :supp: :D :D whats this crap about a MILD 540ci n 9 pounds . WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!MILD???? and that bahner runinn 80 on 550+hp? I,d say the fokker was lucky it was runnin that hard.I;d would have left it alone.and now the runner bottom is doin 90+ with the same bahner motor? I,d say there's a set up prob.but probably not.550 in a runner IS about a 90+mph boat!! I DO think that the motor SHOULD be turning 6800to 7000RPM,s instead of 5800.I've got about560 hp in my TRUE flat and its runnin 83 so a runner bottom should be runnin at LEAST 10 more mph than me,and their lighter!!!!!!.my motor's spinning 6900.I,d say the runner needs timing ,or some gears,the prop is probably too big or something??? I think he said it was a 16 pitch???fokk!!!thats a blown flat prop. put a 15 in that fokker and leave the 18 gears and I bet the boat runs at6800 to 7000 and 95+ mph!!!!!! :idea: ( on the big end),that 16 prop should be at least 11" if not a 10 3/4,but I'd stick a 11 1/4 x 15 or maybe even a 14 like mine ,and I bet that runner really starts marchin!!!REV that mother fokker up dude!!!!And holy crap!!!........... a MILD 540ci ,.. is there such thing?!!! :idea: :hammer2: sooo, yes,all you boater brother mother fokkers, a v- drive is ALWAYS the better way to go!!!( if you really want to go fast),and your boat aint FAST til its goin at least a BUCK 20....other wise we just got little water hot rods C,MON!!!!

lucky
09-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Lucky the Bench Racing JERKOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[vdrive rules -- the bench racing cum guzzler] :eat:
still wanting to take my protien shake -- gezzzzz

lucky
09-09-2005, 11:52 AM
i have a 11.5 x 14 x 1" lh 3 blade - s.s will trade for a 11.5 x15

MAXIMUS
09-09-2005, 11:58 AM
You guys have to be kidding me. A TRUE ski boat must track well and be able to mantain 36mph. Not 35.5 or 36.5 but a true 36mph.
HCS is the only guy around here with a "true" ski boat.
Any good skier could pull the ass end of Maxis boat around pretty easy. It would be a real chore to pull a skier through the course and not clip the lil yeller balls.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/stinkyboy/Garbage/rabbit_pancake.jpg
So now your calling me a LIAR!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: Thats it I quit! :burningm: Biatch! :devil: I need some more fittings by the way.... :idea: :D

MAXIMUS
09-09-2005, 11:59 AM
I,m in this now mother fokkers!!!!!! :supp: :D :D whats this crap about a MILD 540ci n 9 pounds . WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!MILD???? and that bahner runinn 80 on 550+hp? I,d say the fokker was lucky it was runnin that hard.I;d would have left it alone.and now the runner bottom is doin 90+ with the same bahner motor? I,d say there's a set up prob.but probably not.550 in a runner IS about a 90+mph boat!! I DO think that the motor SHOULD be turning 6800to 7000RPM,s instead of 5800.I've got about560 hp in my TRUE flat and its runnin 83 so a runner bottom should be runnin at LEAST 10 more mph than me,and their lighter!!!!!!.my motor's spinning 6900.I,d say the runner needs timing ,or some gears,the prop is probably too big or something??? I think he said it was a 16 pitch???fokk!!!thats a blown flat prop. put a 15 in that fokker and leave the 18 gears and I bet the boat runs at6800 to 7000 and 95+ mph!!!!!! :idea: ( on the big end),that 16 prop should be at least 11" if not a 10 3/4,but I'd stick a 11 1/4 x 15 or maybe even a 14 like mine ,and I bet that runner really starts marchin!!!REV that mother fokker up dude!!!!And holy crap!!!........... a MILD 540ci ,.. is there such thing?!!! :idea: :hammer2: sooo, yes,all you boater brother mother fokkers, a v- drive is ALWAYS the better way to go!!!( if you really want to go fast),and your boat aint FAST til its goin at least a BUCK 20....other wise we just got little water hot rods C,MON!!!!
Nice post.... would be expected from a sanger owner... :hammerhea

HaulinAss
09-09-2005, 12:11 PM
I was even able to convert a die hard jet fan with a little pass in the Cole :hammerhea
Good times!!!
YES you did.And thanx for letting me take that badboy for a lil cruise :D
BTW I am in the market for a V-Drive now.Anyone know of any decent T-Deck V-Drive boats available? With or Without Motor? Let me know

lucky
09-09-2005, 12:17 PM
YES you did.And thanx for letting me take that badboy for a lil cruise :D
BTW I am in the market for a V-Drive now.Anyone know of any decent T-Deck V-Drive boats available? With or Without Motor? Let me know
give Dean a call down at 3d boats in lemon cove ( east of visiallia ) I heard he was going to sell his and its a sweet lil ride :) good guys , very good guys - the ol man knows his shiat .

HaulinAss
09-09-2005, 12:24 PM
wasting your time SD.
The fact is, the Bahner was a turd. I still want to know what this bahner was set up like. Prolly no shoe/plate, 5 inches of hook and a rock grate. woo hoo.Just about every jetboats leaves the dealer with all that BS on it now, its something you just cant run without if your even a half ass performance guy.Even the ski boats have all that now.
Was it the "REAL" difference? I doubt it.
A Rogers recently left MPD and got all the BS that Roger's never took care of, loader,shoe,plate blah blah. it picked up 12 mph.this Bahner is a bit off its potential.
Hey that my TURD NOW!
The Bahner wasnt and still isnt a "turd" :mad: with a MELLOW BBC it went 81 with Stock JC Pump,No Shoe,No Droop,No Ride Plate nothing but the stock pump period.This boat kept up and 75% of the time beat a Pioneer Jet Boat that is a much lighter hull with a JG,Droop,Stuffer,Plate,Shoe etc.... with MORE Motor.So the Bahner couldnt be that bad........
Ahh shit what the hell do I care Im selling it to get a V-Drive!

HaulinAss
09-09-2005, 12:26 PM
everyone is being nice now. this thread is no longer fun. :crossx:
well in that case stfu.................. :D

superdave013
09-09-2005, 12:37 PM
well in that case stfu.................. :D
Hey TURD CUTTER, it looks like you sparked this thread right back up! :argue: :smile:

Morg
09-09-2005, 12:37 PM
All right here it is.
I will run any jet, anytime, any length run
As long as:
-The other boat is like mine, a ski boat. My boat used to be a race boat but I put another seat in it & we can tie a rope around the tunnel ram = ski boat.
-The other boats motor is set up exactly like mine. C.I., Comp, Induction, Carberation. You know exactly.
-It has to be 86 deg. with the adjusted altitude @ 2453'. That's what I am tuned for.
-By anytime I mean morning only. I run the best in the morning.
-By any length run I mean circle boat length heat. 2 bouys 1/2 mile apart. 5 laps.
I think that might cover it, but I reserve the ritght to establish more rules that would have made me win just in case I lose.
Oh, by anytime I also mean after I get the motor back & tuned.
Any of you girls wan't a shot.

HaulinAss
09-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Hey TURD CUTTER, it looks like you sparked this thread right back up! :argue: :smile:
yes I did it was getting to damn quiet Milky Licker :lightsabe

Cs19
09-09-2005, 01:09 PM
Hey that my TURD NOW!
Stock JC Pump,No Shoe,No Droop,No Ride Plate nothing but the stock pump period.
I had a feeling it didnt have any of the key items, youll be surprised what all those things will do for that boat. Like I said earlier, its not uncommon to see 10 mph increases.You didnt mention loader, if you dont have one you will need one of those too and if you really want to get carried away take 90% of the hook out, leave a little it will keep it from porposing (sp?)
A few guys on Banderlog have done all that stuff with good results.
CS

Cs19
09-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Oh and yes, 81 is very respectable for whatcha got, didnt mean to rip your new boat.Bahners have potential. I hope your happy with the new sled.
CS

Cs19
09-09-2005, 01:13 PM
All right here it is.
As long as:
-The other boat is like mine, a ski boat. My boat used to be a race boat but I put another seat in it & we can tie a rope around the tunnel ram = ski boat.
-The other boats motor is set up exactly like mine. C.I., Comp, Induction, Carberation. You know exactly.
-It has to be 86 deg. with the adjusted altitude @ 2453'. That's what I am tuned for.
-By any length run I mean circle boat length heat. 2 bouys 1/2 mile apart. 5 laps.
I think that might cover it, but I reserve the ritght to establish more rules that would have made me win just in case I lose.
LOL. :)

Cs19
09-09-2005, 01:15 PM
I got about half way through this one and lost interest. :confused:

SPECTRABRENT
09-09-2005, 01:20 PM
Jerry,
What is that Rayson running for power?
Brent

HaulinAss
09-09-2005, 01:27 PM
I had a feeling it didnt have any of the key items, youll be surprised what all those things will do for that boat. Like I said earlier, its not uncommon to see 10 mph increases.You didnt mention loader, if you dont have one you will need one of those too and if you really want to get carried away take 90% of the hook out, leave a little it will keep it from porposing (sp?)
A few guys on Banderlog have done all that stuff with good results.
CS
Well since I got the boat I have added a JG,Spiltbowl,7 degree wedge and a Droop,and it has an extreme loader grate,that was knifeedged.the boat rides night and day different then when it didnt have all that stuff,with that droop and diverter its riding great.its a little down on MPH now but I have a different combo with a single carb and it went 75 UNTUNED and I literally just fired it up Friday on the lake.With tuning and most likely a tunnel ram setup it should kick some ass.I am going to have fun with it for awhile and in time step into a V-drive.

Sanger D
09-09-2005, 01:34 PM
I got about half way through this one and lost interest. :confused:...................................thats because you don't understand propellers,this is why you own a jet boat!!!my post was very true and pretty accurate!! if you don't understand it or your bored with it then you should keep your comments to yourself ,unless you just like to read your own writing!! :rolleyes: otherwise read the whole post and sit back and learn something,its not like you own a v- drive or anything, :cool: the post was to inform the gentleman on his runner bottom and give him some things to consider,the rest was just opinionsons about jet boats........they suck!!!!!your motor in that guys runner would SPANK your tunnel!!!!!and you just can't stand the thought of it!!!!!! :smile:

Sanger D
09-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Jerry,
Brent.............pretty sure thats a 500 and somthing ci chevy with two really BIG banks on it!! it runs alot of boost and hauls MAJOR ass!!!!

Morg
09-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Well since I got the boat I have added a JG,Spiltbowl,7 degree wedge and a Droop,and it has an extreme loader grate,that was knifeedged.the boat rides night and day different then when it didnt have all that stuff,with that droop and diverter its riding great.its a little down on MPH now but I have a different combo with a single carb and it went 75 UNTUNED and I literally just fired it up Friday on the lake.With tuning and most likely a tunnel ram setup it should kick some ass.I am going to have fun with it for awhile and in time step into a V-drive.
Now I may be an un frozen cave man but I just don't understand all the jet lingo, Help me out here:
-JG Splitdowl, Is this the Jery Griffin interum hair cut, You know when he changed from Ted Nuggent to Barry Manilow.
-7 degree wedge, Is this like gettting a wedgy to the 7th degree, ya know when the undie's go all the way over the head.
- Droop and extreme loader, I'm not sure my guess is hot boat rated on this one.
I did understand "kick some ass" & "V-drive"
Carry on

cyclone
09-09-2005, 01:53 PM
...................................thats because you don't understand propellers,this is why you own a jet boat!!!my post was very true and pretty accurate!! if you don't understand it or your bored with it then you should keep your comments to yourself ,unless you just like to read your own writing!! :rolleyes: otherwise read the whole post and sit back and learn something,its not like you own a v- drive or anything, :cool: the post was to inform the gentleman on his runner bottom and give him some things to consider,the rest was just opinionsons about jet boats........they suck!!!!!your motor in that guys runner would SPANK your tunnel!!!!!and you just can't stand the thought of it!!!!!! :smile:
maybe it was all the "focker" references that got old reading over and over again. I gave up a third of the way through and just chocked it up to you possibly posting drunk. But hey, I'm dont know nuthin about nuthin. :D

olbiezer
09-09-2005, 01:54 PM
man.this thread is getting good now..........we got name calling .........chelenges to race any time ( mornings only )......props vs jets as ususal.........even got 100 mph jet boats somewhere lurking i am sure........hell.....even got superdave intersted again.........weeeeeee keep it up boys.......were heading for page six.... :supp: :supp: :supp:

superdave013
09-09-2005, 02:00 PM
SangerD, I gotta side with the jetters here. I didn't make it far either.
Morg, LMAO

MAXIMUS
09-09-2005, 02:03 PM
Everybody is a homo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crossx: Just realized the missing ingredient here was a dash of FAG! :notam: :coffeycup

cyclone
09-09-2005, 02:05 PM
All right here it is.
As long as:
Ok i want a shot at the title but only under 1 or two conditions.....
first off, the race must happen at 7pm 1 mile north of BR campground (i run better at the end of the day after re-fueling the saddle tanks to maximum capacity so that i can keep running until dark). This is my stomping grounds and hopefully after the race we can play scavenger hunt and look for that kevlar blower belt that got sligshot out of my boat last summer, into the river. They dont float ya know.
Second: We must race from a dead stop but then run out the back door, which for me is about 1/2 mile away. I get the leave no matter what and even if you dont want to give it to me, i'll just take it so try to keep up.
3rd: oops i said two things huh? well too bad cause i got more conditions. There will be no turning of any kind unless i need to snake you in order to win the race. In that case i'll let you know ahead of time that i'll only turn if i'm out in front and you seem to be catching up.
4th: yeah there's more. your boat must be similarly equipped as mine. That means you have to have a powdercoated billet paddle mounted to the rear of your seats via an unpowdercoated raw aluminum mount that was cut on a bandsaw and not some high tech mill. Your boat also must carry the exact same old school folding triangle achor (weight approx 12 pounds) inside of the exact same backpack that i scored from yamaha with the purchase of my banshee in 2001. No backpack, no race got it?
5th: Upon conclusion of the race, which ends just before the rock bar between Wheel R' Inn and BR, my gang will commence a break dance battle at the catfish bar with your gang, should I fail to win. Cardboard will be provided but please bring your own boombox and mix tape. The soundtrack to Electric Boogooloo is prefferred. thanks.
6th: Should i lose not only the race but also the breakdancing competition (yeah right like that's ever gonna happen!) I automatically get the option of calling fowl, crying like a baby, and whining about how my engine wasn't running right, someone sabotaged my pancake breakfast, or that i though a jet ski was going to cross my wake and i just had to blast him off his pwc with my place diverter, needlessly scrubbing off speed all in the name of fun.
fair enough? ok the lets race.

SPECTRABRENT
09-09-2005, 02:08 PM
.............pretty sure thats a 500 and somthing ci chevy with two really BIG banks on it!! it runs alot of boost and hauls MAJOR ass!!!!
Thanks,
Brent

HaulinAss
09-09-2005, 02:08 PM
Just realized the missing ingredient here was a dash of FAG! :notam: :coffeycup
ahh you showed up huh :D

dossangers
09-09-2005, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE]
I will run anyBODY anytime, any length run
As long as:
-By any length run I mean circle boat length heat. 2 bouys 1/2 mile apart. 5 laps. MORG. :D :mad: ;) OK Big Boy your on ill pull 2 plug wires also so its fair!! :sqeyes: :D :cool: :messedup:

ColeTR2
09-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Morg VS. Dos. :confused: Morg beter go get a blower fast!!

Sanger D
09-09-2005, 04:20 PM
I thought that was pretty good info.superdave?what did you agree with them on :idea: just curiuos,eccept for the jets suck remark,the rest was pretty accurate. never heard of a MILD ,blown or turbo charged 540ci motor.the rest was prop and gear stuff.the fokker comments were just chain yankin so the sensitive ones should probably not read anything thats gonna hurt them, I did not know this was a chick thread.I hope its ok to make that comment,I don't want to hurt anyone's feeling's :notam: .If the jet guys don't like my opinion about jets then they should haul ass back to their forum,CAUSE I DO NOT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THEIR OPINIONS ON V-DRIVES.....every thing I posted was before (back to the ORIGENAL reason for the thread) was true and helpful.the guy's motor does'nt sound like its running at its full potential,and I think the prop is too much for his HP .the boat would probably benefit from a 15 pitch and leaving the 18's in it.If anyone disagree's then lets hear it!!
OH ... I do value ANY boaters opinion, its just not ones who want to argue with the jets are faster then v-drives crap.NOBODY in this forum wants to hear about how fast a jet boat is,(ones who have the nuts to admit it) but they all think it!!!!! V-DRIVES FOKKIN RULE!!!!!thats why the fastest boats in the racing industry are props. RIGHT?.....................RIGHT!!!!!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-09-2005, 04:21 PM
Jerry,
Brent
I don't remember, I can tell you those are old school turbos and he had the boat for sale for $25,000. Don't know what he sold it for though. :confused:
Captain Morgan, thanks for the Barry Manilow hair analogy. :cry: but I'm enjoying your other posts inspite of it. :D
This thread (and I may have contributed a tad) is out of control! :2purples: :D oh, I got $20 on Dos :p

Sanger D
09-09-2005, 04:33 PM
PAGE 6 mother FOKKERS!!!!! :supp: OHNO I said it again!!! :( :D :D C,MON domanzta, I want to hear your opinion on the guys prop / gear set up :D DOS., what do you think? you too jerry,lets hear it!!! ;)

superdave013
09-09-2005, 04:40 PM
SangerD,
It's a big paragraph. All that text makes me dizzy so I was sayin I didn't make it far into it. :messedup: I'm getting old way faster then I want to that's for sure.

dmontzsta
09-09-2005, 04:41 PM
PAGE 6 mother FOKKERS!!!!! :supp: OHNO I said it again!!! :( :D :D C,MON domanzta, I want to hear your opinion on the guys prop / gear set up :D DOS., what do you think? you too jerry,lets hear it!!! ;)
sorry, I am pretty lost right now, this thread is uncontrollable like Hanson's man servicing skills.

Morg
09-09-2005, 04:41 PM
I formerly accept the challenge from DOS.
2 plugs pulled brotha.
Lets get it on. :eat:
That will definatly shed light on the pump vs. prop. debate.

Sanger D
09-09-2005, 04:48 PM
sorry, I am pretty lost right now, this thread is uncontrollable like Hanson's man servicing skills.............lost? common dude,.....don't be scared :D lets hear your prop /gear opinion and why you think v-drives are faster then jets!! :2purples:
we need page 6..... :sleeping: :sleeping:

Sanger D
09-09-2005, 04:52 PM
oh crap!!!! we did it :rollside: :rollside: page 6 :rolleyes: superdave? can you still get /or do you have any of those bitchin SS prop pullers? or info were to get one? thanks!!

dmontzsta
09-09-2005, 05:02 PM
............lost? common dude,.....don't be scared :D lets hear your prop /gear opinion and why you think v-drives are faster then jets!! :2purples:
we need page 6..... :sleeping: :sleeping:
Alright. 11"x15 2blade with 18 gears and a 500hp motor will beat a jetboat. hows that?
that is, as long as the jet doesnt have a super enducer with a 5' split bowl jg2043tt impeller and a snoopy droop.

ColeTR2
09-09-2005, 05:33 PM
the guy's motor does'nt sound like its running at its full potential,and I think the prop is too much for his HP .the boat would probably benefit from a 15 pitch and leaving the 18's in it.
I will second this just my .02
Super enducer with a 5' split bowl jg2043tt impeller and a snoopy droop.
WOW!! that's some cool stuff

Sanger D
09-09-2005, 05:44 PM
SangerD,
It's a big paragraph. All that text makes me dizzy so I was sayin I didn't make it far into it. :messedup: I'm getting old way faster then I want to that's for sure.............................................. .copy that!!!!! :)

steelcomp
09-09-2005, 05:47 PM
How did I end up in bench racers?? I coulda swore this was
v-drives!!:confused:

HaulinAss
09-09-2005, 05:54 PM
How did I end up in bench racers?? I coulda swore this was
v-drives!!:confused:same difference :wink:

Kindsvater Flat
09-09-2005, 06:02 PM
Everybody is a homo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crossx: Just realized the missing ingredient here was a dash of FAG! :notam: :coffeycup
I heard this cat is a pole smoker! :D
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/parker/parker2.JPG

ColeTR2
09-09-2005, 06:06 PM
This thread has just hit a all time low for v-drives only!! Can it get lower?
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/738sponge1.gif

Bt273
09-09-2005, 06:19 PM
I will second this just my .02
WOW!! that's some cool stuff
I can't beleive you would agree with that,wouldn't you think a 15 or 12 is in order here? he needs to get into the hp as fast as possible, not lug it down, and the fact that lv jet boy is talking out his ass, did he not say it was his first time out? I give him props for running that kind of mph with a hull change and never driving a flat ever, did nothing to the engine,with a little tweaking he'll be all over most of you guys any ways! :eat:

ColeTR2
09-09-2005, 06:23 PM
I can't beleive you would agree with that,wouldn't you think a 15 or 12 is in order here? he needs to get into the hp as fast as possible, not lug it down, and the fact that lv jet boy is talking out his ass, did he not say it was his first time out? I give him props for running that kind of mph with a hull change and never driving a flat ever, did nothing to the engine,with a little tweaking he'll be all over most of you guys any ways! :eat:
A 16 pich prop is luging down his motor not the gear!!! I had a 454 LS7 475 hp it turn a 22 gear 6800 rpm with a 11 1/4 x 15 prop

disco_charger
09-09-2005, 06:38 PM
I was all good with all of this until "my car" started ragging on Bahners. Shit box, little or no potential. Christ, I'm taking big hits from the guys who are supposed to be on my side! So, I'm looking for a Hondo/Cole/ Beismeyer/Revenge or something to drop my motor into.
Not that I have a ton of experience (my first boat was a 68 Howard v drive), I got to go with a v drive is more efficient, therefore it takes less power to go faster. I had a 390 Ford with a carb intake manifold change that went faster than my first Jet boat with a 454. The Howard wasn't set up for shit, and the jet boat was real close. :messedup:

Kim Hanson
09-09-2005, 07:07 PM
sorry, I am pretty lost right now, this thread is uncontrollable like Hanson's man servicing skills.
Its ladies Donald and yes you finally admit it, you are one lost focker :p ............( . )( . )..........

no_chrome
09-09-2005, 07:13 PM
This reminds me of when I was a kid and I would go to the lake with my uncle in his Rayson. He said that if you listened to a jet boat closely you could hear the actual sound that they make....................
"GALLON,GALLON,GALLON,GALLON, GALLON,GALLON................................."

ColeTR2
09-09-2005, 07:28 PM
This reminds me of when I was a kid and I would go to the lake with my uncle in his Rayson. He said that if you listened to a jet boat closely you could hear the actual sound that they make....................
"GALLON,GALLON,GALLON,GALLON, GALLON,GALLON................................."
Nice second post welcome!!

Kim Hanson
09-09-2005, 07:29 PM
This Marlin........( . )( . )......old school v-drive, abit bit of work done to the 440 ( don't ask what's in it cause im not going to take it apart to tell you what it has done to it). This drag Racer from here told me its cammed really sweet and its on the gas hard! Sounds like it has more with aluminum heads and a bigger carb. To me it sounds like a 3/4 race cam stuff in it , it just rocks the boat warming it up :cool:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/72HPIM0978.jpg
Beat this in the 1/4 before he left me and it didn't bother me at all, mine is late 60's, his is new with a 502 and its a tunnel......( . )( . ).......Not the Water Lice either :sleeping: :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/72HPIM0957.JPG

QuickJet
09-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Damn good shit here.
First off , as far as the prop and gears go, niether one are set up for my combo. The prop was BORROWED from a boat that does 127 mph plus. The gears were the ones that were in the boat when I bought it and they helped propell the previouse owners combo to 109. Neither were expected to worked with an engine making just over 500 estimated HP that runs on pump gas. I'm dealing with a boat that is not set up for my engine in anyway and this was my first time EVER piloting a V-Drive. Knowing how far out of wack my setup is, I was still impressed that I was able to pick up over 10 mph just by doing the swap.
Now for the jet guys that say my Bahner wasn't set up right, fine. If that's the case then neither are 99% of the other ones out there that my Bahner would smoke everytime I took it out. The only ones I would loose to are the ones with thousands invested in their pumps. Even then they wouldn't beat me by much. Now they arent beating me at all!!!!!!
The Cole will see 100 MPH before years end and I won't even have to touch the engine. How many 81 MPH jets are going to do the same?

Bt273
09-09-2005, 08:20 PM
A 16 pich prop is luging down his motor not the gear!!! I had a 454 LS7 475 hp it turn a 22 gear 6800 rpm with a 11 1/4 x 15 prop
WHAT? BULLSHIT,or it wasn't going anywhere, in what, Oh I get it, it was the old jones cable tach, now thats accurate! but your right, the prop is pulling it down, therefore put a lower gear in it, he is obviously after the race set up, not the marathon.

no_chrome
09-09-2005, 09:00 PM
To me it sounds like a 3/4 race cam stuff in it , it just rocks the boat warming it up
Do you think a full race cam would roll it over? :idea:
Nice second post welcome!!
Thank you. Nice to be here.

Jetboatguru
09-09-2005, 09:02 PM
I think the best Jet vs V drive comparison can be found using Zellmers old boat (the one that took Dale Anderson's life) and a Pro Gas Flat.
Zellmer had that boat running harder than any PGJ in History and I think it is safe to say that he left nothing on the table with set up and power. He had a 500 inch Schmidt deal that made 1265hp and I believe he ran 7.73 or something close to that and 138 mph on IHBA clocks.
That same combo in a properly set up PGF will run in the 7.20s @145+
I think even a better comparison would be Uncle Roys Cougar Tunnel hull with a V drive in it. Or Infomaniac's Cougar with a Vdrive. They are very similar to a Daytona like Cs19's. Put equal power in one of those and see what the differences are. I think the ET will be slightly quicker in the V drive but the mph difference will be huge.

Sanger D
09-09-2005, 09:09 PM
hey guickjet, you are the man for steppin into a flat and 90mph is respectable(no BS),to what I said earlier,.....(MY honest opinion),the motor sounds like its not at full potentual(maybe you know this already)I ,....I think it should be runnin atleast a 1000 more rpm,s and the prop is too big for your boat!!!BIG HP runners are useing a 16.So the norm for flatty,s in OUR HP range and a little more hp is a 15 ,and the gear,s being 18,s are also the norm for ALOT of boats ( not all ) but alot.I would first.....try a 15 x something? prop,my guess would be a 11 to a 11 1/4 15. If that does,nt wake it up,( and I frickin garuntee it will) ,..THEN try some 15s, in the box.I ran 18 gears for a long time and just recently put 15,s in it,now it leaves way harder but I have a 11 1/4 x 14 prop, so I run good high rpm,s and also leaving harder now.but please do one thing at a time,and be careful!!!!I think the smaller prop will bring your R,s up to where you want em (witha 600 hp and under motor) and you will gain some hole shot and MAYBE some more MPH on the big end. but you NEED to get the R,s UP!!! and gears will help, but only for about300 to 500 R,s, on the other hand , spinning a smaller prop will give you WAY more and free the boat up quicker!!!( any body who knows diff. please step in and help me here!!! :squiggle: :D ) what degree box is it and what degree strut is it ?thats a facter also, two words though dude ........BABY STEPS!!!!

Sanger D
09-09-2005, 09:15 PM
I think the best Jet vs V drive comparison can be found using Zellmers old boat (the one that took Dale Anderson's life) and a Pro Gas Flat.
Zellmer had that boat running harder than any PGJ in History and I think it is safe to say that he left nothing on the table with set up and power. He had a 500 inch Schmidt deal that made 1265hp and I believe he ran 7.73 or something close to that and 138 mph on IHBA clocks.
That same combo in a properly set up PGF will run in the 7.20s @145+
I think even a better comparison would be Uncle Roys Cougar Tunnel hull with a V drive in it. Or Infomaniac's Cougar with a Vdrive. They are very similar to a Daytona like Cs19's. Put equal power in one of those and see what the differences are. I think the ET will be slightly quicker in the V drive but the mph difference will be huge...............................there you go quichjet, this jetboatguru dude has raced more boats then probably ANYONE in these forums,and ALL seriuosly fast as shiat!! I, d ask him for a good set up on a flat!!!!...............over and out!! :D :D

wsuwrhr
09-09-2005, 09:42 PM
I can't wait to nicely slide a certain Hondo Sprint into Lake Ming for a violent pass on top of the water.
Brian

no_chrome
09-09-2005, 09:57 PM
I can't wait to nicely slide Hondo Sprint into Lake Ming for a violent pass on top of the water.
SOOOOO! What is that supposed to mean?:confused:

wsuwrhr
09-09-2005, 09:59 PM
SOOOOO! What is that supposed to mean?:confused:
Means I can't wait to MASH GAS in my boat at the race pond.
Brian

no_chrome
09-09-2005, 10:04 PM
OH,I thought it was a comparison about how v drives run on top of the water and how jet boats SUCK water into the pump. :cool:
MY mistake!

Cs19
09-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Well what kind of power does that Suicidal tendencies run? Or what about blu by u? Pretty sure they can both run 8.75's without any trouble.Just want to compare those with some other 8.75-9.0 jets I know of. Im gonna guess they are both in the 750hp range? Lakamp is running some great numbers with not a whole lotta power, hes been 8.60 @120.
Tony mentioned some pro gas numbers,Im thinking that when you get up into the real deal progas levels (1200 plus hp) they are no longer comparable cause a flat at that level is simply always out performing a jet.Zellmer may not have ran as good as the PGF's, but he did run good for a jet.
I still think that if you had the key guys setting up a jet with a 675-700 hp engine, they could give a 675-700 hp flat a run for its money, not neccasarily whoop its ass, just give em a good run in a drag race..
Here is Zellmer..On the ragged edge. :smile: Fu*king crazy
http://www.zaxisracing.com/images/racing_boat.jpg

Jetboatguru
09-09-2005, 11:27 PM
I agree with you Chris about a jet vs flat with similar hp in the 650-750 range. The reason for this is weight. You can find 350lb jets and put 700 hp in it and run 9.0s maybe quicker. A flat has more hardware and raw weight and 700 hp should push a flat 9.0s as well. Ron Segni had a bad ass Ski Flat that made in the mid-high 800s in HP and he ran 8.90s. There is a certain hp range that the different propulsions are very equal.
Back in 1993-1995 Jimmy Marushigi ran the Time Tunnel boat and that thing Kicked ass. It had an aluminum 470, injected and it ran 8.30s-8.50s. that motor probably made 800 but it was aluminum and there wasn't a flat bottom (with 800hp) that could touch it.
Its all about set up and combination.

Cs19
09-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Time tunnel an orange/white cp?

Jetboatguru
09-10-2005, 12:31 AM
That would be the one.

Jetboatguru
09-10-2005, 12:37 AM
The jet classes were huge back then. (early 90s)
Jimmy the Jap, Pete Mares, Bob Johnson, Randy Monte, Sal Derenzi,
Tom Ennis, Jeff Serafin, Bob Kobold Don Lake, Jim Guthrie, Don Harris, Gloria Holstein, Ken Lane, Ken Hobson etc etc.

Bt273
09-10-2005, 02:55 AM
Cyclone posted a good point about hull drag.
Quick?jet, on the other hand, after starting...
The REAL? MPH difference thread;
blew-off technical posts challenging anything he said about new ride as, "If it's all in the hull then why are so many Jet boats affraid to race V-drives?" Typical bench racing BS post worthy of a few v-drive forum groupies, not much else. Guess what Quick?jet. If you post a thread claiming the REAL anything you’ll probably get some folks responding who know the difference between REAL, and bench racing bullsh*t.
You ran a 19’ Bahner and now you try to compare to a 17’ Tr2 and conclude difference is drive choice? Are you nuts? Maybe you should put that engine in a 15’ tunnel and drool even more if it’s an i/o?
Maybe you should've taken a ride in a true high performance jet (100+ not 81 mph) before drooling over a somewhat lame a** 91 mph v-drive.
Every 10 mph makes a big impression no matter the drive choice or hull. So also, a 19' tunnel jet with 600 hp can run your 17' Tr2 v-drive with your reported 600 hp.
Length and weight do matter regardless of hull design...duh.
So also drive choice. My hull's a bit heavy yet my drive+hull I think approach typical v-drive performance in the 5-600 hp range. 700 or more hp maybe not. At some power and speed, I believe the v-drive is more efficient no matter. Not that anyone here will acknowlege my thoughts.
Details and numbers apparently don't matter to those trying to be cool with the v-drive crowd.
jer
Your right we don't acknowlege your thoughts, you don't know what you are talking about, leave immediately!

Unchained
09-10-2005, 04:23 AM
The record books have proven that the V drives will always be quicker and faster than jets if someone has their setup right and the water is dead flat.
But how many have their setup right ? And how often is the water dead flat?
At the local friday night drags here in Mi I ran a guy with a blown hemi hydro and
had 6 + boat lengths on him by the end of the 800' course.
He must have been geared for 160 mph in a boat that only went 110.
I didn't say to myself "jets are faster" I said " his setup was way off "
It seems to be real common for guys to over gear their boat anticipating some future incredible HP increase.

lucky
09-10-2005, 06:04 AM
I heard this cat is a pole smoker! :D
i think this guy could pick up 5- mph in that jet if he got a hair cut :D -

steelcomp
09-10-2005, 06:52 AM
This got me thinking. So where IS the big difference???
My take on it, up to certain HP's is the fact that you're basically stuck with a given RPM in a jet, where you can gear a v-drive to run in any given RPM. Most guys running true 650 hp jets aren't seeing that at the pump unless they have an impeller that lets the motor get there, and then it's still never going over say, 6500. At that rpm, for 650- hp, your impeller is going to be so small you're losing efficiency. If you can gear it, like in a v-drive, 650 isn't hard to make at all. Doing it at 5800-6000 in a small motor like a 454 or 468...even a 496, is another story. There's a lot of jets leaving a lot of hp on the table. Set up is another BIG factor in medium HP jets. It's hard to get one loose enough to overcome the drag. You're talking expensive machining, and lots of testing and tuning to find the oprimum combination of shoe, ride plate, and nozzle angle. Flat's basically come with all that done, in the cav system. Flat's typically don't have any hook built in the bottom, either.
So then lets compare the Biz to a PGF. Both hulls optimum for their respective drives. Big Steve Schmidt motor, pro stock, should turn 9500+. Gear it in a PGF, and you can. Put it in a jet, and you can, again, with gear reduction. I don't think they turned Keith's motor quite that hard, but I do believe they ran a reduction. Some say you lose power in a gear reduction in a jet. True, but here's my point. There's power loss in a gear reduction, yes. There's power loss in a v-drive box, as that's a gear reduction as well, so to me, that's a wash, for comparison's sake. I'm going to challange Tony's comment about flats having more hardware and raw weight to deal with. I don't think there's a big difference in weight between the two boats, but I may be wrong. PGF has cav plates and hardware, v-drive, shaft, steering, prop, etc. Zellmer's boat has the pump, (probably weighs close to all the running gear in a flat, minus gear box) the gear trduction, and the rest is basically hull and driver. Both hulls light weight. I'm thinking both boats basically equal in power, weight, RPM, technology....so again I ask myself,
Where's the difference???
I know this...if you have a true 100 mph Jet, you are making good power and have a fairly good set up, and had to do your homework. I think you can get "close" with a flat, and 100 probably isn't that difficult. I like the challange of building a fast (100+) jet, and Tony, you've even commented on the out-of-the-hole acceleration they have, when you drove GMKiller's boat. Many race jets are at top speed by the 1/8th.
I don't see how the two can be compared, except to have seven pages of nothing better ro do. They're just two completely different animals, both with their pos. and neg. sides. I really like my Bahner tunnel, and intend on continuing improving it's performance, ultimately with the blown alky motor I'm building. On the other hand, I have always loved the v-bottom, v-drive GN style boats, adn hope some day to ahve my Spectra stuffed with BIG inches of blown motor as well. I'd also love to get an opportunity to drive a true 100 mph flat. That would be interesting. :D :coffeycup

superdave013
09-10-2005, 06:54 AM
It seems to be real common for guys to over gear their boat
I agree with that one.

olbiezer
09-10-2005, 07:00 AM
ya i think u might be right about the gears i am going to drop from 18's the 15 next month and see what it does in the barron its pretty slwo out of the hole right now might just be a suckie engine .....lol but we shell see.....also just trying to get to page eight here lol

superdave013
09-10-2005, 07:26 AM
I sold 2 sets of gears last week. Both to flatbottom guys. One guy has a lower powered deal that he's not trying to be fast with. He wants a good cruise speed at low rpm. He bought 32's. WAY to big if you ask me.
The other guy is building a pretty kick ass NA engine. He got some 12's and it's gonna f'in rip off the line!

Carnivalride
09-10-2005, 07:38 AM
ya i think u might be right about the gears i am going to drop from 18's the 15 next month and see what it does in the barron its pretty slwo out of the hole right now might just be a suckie engine .....lol but we shell see.....also just trying to get to page eight here lol
Common man go with some 9's or 12's so you can see a big difference. :D

MAXIMUS
09-10-2005, 07:41 AM
Everybody is a homo!!! Thread is just a tad bland so I took it apon myself to spice it up with another dash of FAG! :hammerhea Guru I like your take on the v-drive tunnel vs. jet tunnel! Now that is a good comparison & I feel the v-drive tunnel when set up properly would go to the moon!
Jerry you need to pay more attention to guru & stop poll smoking the strappers! :messedup:

MAXIMUS
09-10-2005, 07:42 AM
i think this guy could pick up 5- mph in that jet if he got a hair cut :D -
So thats what super dave looks like huh??? lol :D

Carnivalride
09-10-2005, 07:43 AM
I sold 2 sets of gears last week. Both to flatbottom guys. One guy has a lower powered deal that he's not trying to be fast with. He wants a good cruise speed at low rpm. He bought 32's. WAY to big if you ask me.
The other guy is building a pretty kick ass NA engine. He got some 12's and it's gonna f'in rip off the line!
Since I'm runnin 12's and I think my motor OK does that mean I'll rip too. :rolleyes: :messedup: :smile:
As far as gearing I'd try a few...I started with 29, went 18, went 15, went 9 and went back up to 12s. :squiggle: :rolleyes:

superdave013
09-10-2005, 07:54 AM
So thats what super dave looks like huh??? lol :D
what up Corn Monkey? lol

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-10-2005, 08:15 AM
Look at the head on that thing!:jawdrop:
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/parker/parker2.JPG[/QUOTE]
GluteusMaximus,
Guru knows his shit on dem runnerbottoms thats fo sho! I'm more impressed with the 121 from the single 4 barrel Superstock boat (true flat). Lets see what your 21 runs with 650 hp. When Lance ran that record the rules called for part numbered unported heads and intake, solid cam (no roller) 433 inches and no more than 830 cfm. Reading through all this mumbo jumbo you still can't touch that.
Hey Guru, how fast do you think a lightweight canyon could go if you set it up for a kilo pass using 650 hp?

blender over
09-10-2005, 08:17 AM
my 1980 bahner semi v with 700hp and a bronze a/b impeller at 6000rpm's ran 94.4 mph all day long with no bottom work done to the boat, but a bolt on ride and shoe. :D
Pretty fuc-in good.
But then i got smart and bought a tunnel with a o/b. :p
85 mph with 225hp, now that is efficiant, did i spell that right?

Cs19
09-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Guru, thats the boat Tom Bandy picked up and stuffed Hick's old school pro gas motor in. If you look at the transom in the right lighting, you can still see the names Mirashigi (sp?) and Jim Guthrie burnt into the paint.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1729100_0475.jpg
Have a good weekend.
CS

superdave013
09-10-2005, 09:34 AM
I raced that boat in the mid 90's. I lost also.

dmontzsta
09-10-2005, 10:08 AM
my 1980 bahner semi v with 700hp and a bronze a/b impeller at 6000rpm's ran 94.4 mph all day long with no bottom work done to the boat, but a bolt on ride and shoe. :D
Pretty fuc-in good.
But then i got smart and bought a tunnel with a o/b. :p
85 mph with 225hp, now that is efficiant, did i spell that right?
No, that is pretty EFFICIENT though. :)
But, how long does it take to get there? I have seen alot of whackers and they take forever to get on plane and get out of town.

lucky
09-10-2005, 10:24 AM
unlike a bezer w/o a motor ! :coffeycup
hey do you get a handycap for running a ford in s/s ? :D

dmontzsta
09-10-2005, 10:48 AM
unlike a bezer w/o a motor ! :coffeycup
hey do you get a handycap for running a ford in s/s ? :D
ut oh, is lucky a little but hurt that someone is poking at whackers? hurry, go run along and tell your BUT TEES.

blender over
09-10-2005, 10:49 AM
But, how long does it take to get there? I have seen alot of whackers and they take forever to get on plane and get out of town.
By myself it will plane pretty fast.
I will race a jet boat from 40 to 80mph.
I realize a jet can plane faster but i will hold my boat wide open untill i run out of river. :D

Race Bob
09-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Just for comparison,I'll put in my 2 cents.We ran a cole tr-2 with a 840 hp 522ci chev it had 25 gears and 10 3/4 -16 prop and ran a best of 8.55 @127 at chowcilla.Not sure how good that is but, I know all the numbers are correct.

Kim Hanson
09-10-2005, 01:53 PM
You ain't seen anything then Donald, mine sure the hell gets out of the water and on plane fast with 340hp and hit 106 @ 6000 rpm.........( . )( . )........... :notam:

Kim Hanson
09-10-2005, 01:55 PM
ut oh, is lucky a little but hurt that someone is poking at whackers? hurry, go run along and tell your BUT TEES.
Go wax your boat again Donald..........( . )( . ).........how can you talk about this , you still have a lump missing a power plant :p

Kim Hanson
09-10-2005, 01:58 PM
By myself it will plane pretty fast.
I will race a jet boat from 40 to 80mph.
I realize a jet can plane faster but i will hold my boat wide open untill i run out of river. :D
I hear ya and I would take one on from a stand still, I would eat it after about an 1/8 mile and make them suck smoke from a wacker.........( . )( . )..........At 65 mine gets up on the pad and it really flys then

dmontzsta
09-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Go wax your boat again Donald..........( . )( . ).........how can you talk about this , you still have a lump missing a power plant :p
Go have lucky wax your colon. What do you know about powerplants? you have a whacker and a dodge!
FYI: I have 3 motors laying around the shack, and enough parts to make your outboard a v-drive. But I am not going to run a mild motor and used parts.

blender over
09-10-2005, 02:14 PM
I hear ya and I would take one on from a stand still, I would eat it after about an 1/8 mile and make them suck smoke from a wacker.........( . )( . )..........At 65 mine gets up on the pad and it really flys then
Kim, they are all just a bunch of whacker haters.
When they are wrenching on their (car motors) im out there running my marine motor :jawdrop:

blender over
09-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Go have lucky wax your colon. What do you know about powerplants? you have a whacker and a dodge!
FYI: I have 3 motors laying around the shack, and enough parts to make your outboard a v-drive. But I am not going to run a mild motor and used parts.
Is that because your ford keeps breaking :confused:

FLYTE RISK
09-10-2005, 02:25 PM
BT 273 you must be sleepy your post's do not make sense!! Sanger D Why would you run such a small propellor and not lower the gear to oh maybe a ten or 12 and try a 10 7/8 16?? Cole tr2 why is a 16 pitch to large for this boat suppose he put some 12's in it what than? And last after fooling with propellors on my ride as well as freind's who race, the only way to tell which propellor is better is at the drag's !! back to backing them, There is one thought here that has been missed-- what does the prop burn(cavitate) to r.p.m wise out of the hole? Unless you have a playback tach you probably dont know, this will tell you which propellor is the correct one. getting the motor into the window of r.p.m the motor makes it's power out of the hole is what should be desired!! AS WELL AS A TIME SLIP!!!!

Kim Hanson
09-10-2005, 02:28 PM
I had rebuilt my first 350 at 20 yrs old, car engines are easy to fix Donald! My Dodge Donald smoked a 502 chevy in the quater can you say that even about ( Organ Donor ) the tampoon boat? If you are such a guru with engines , just build one up then and slap it in for some fun right now :hammerhea I bet you just like to sit behind the wheel ( of THE B-BOAT ) and smack the little monkey till you get tired and call it a night eh! :eek:
What was I thinking you are building a Maxima Mouse Motar to fart away the other boats, go get Goonie Goo Goo to slap the hair right off you noodle, shit she has already done that, okay smack some pretty into you! That should take her a few years :crossx: :D :D

Kim Hanson
09-10-2005, 02:32 PM
When they are wrenching on their (car motors) im out there running my marine motor :jawdrop:
They hate it because they are cheaper to own and faster with low hp, shit I would take on anything with 340 hp in it and would own them all day long with my Evinrude V-8...........( . )( . )..........I wonder if it could be jumped up to put out over 700 HP on her :p

dmontzsta
09-10-2005, 02:34 PM
I hear ya and I would take one on from behind, I would eat it after and make them suck from a wacker.........( . )( . )..........At 65 mine gets up and it really flys then
:confused:

lucky
09-10-2005, 02:35 PM
They hate it because they are cheaper to own and faster with low hp, shit I would take on anything with 340 hp in it and would own them all day long with my Evinrude V-8...........( . )( . )..........I wonder if it could be jumped up to put out over 700 HP on her :p
does evinrude- outsource it motorbuilding to Chevy ???

Kim Hanson
09-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Is that because your ford keeps breaking :confused:
His last one was called Organ Donor :D I think his balls went with it and now he's back to patting backs again , instead of being on the water with even a little 390 ford that he called a big block :D .......( . )( . )...........He's doing up a Souped up can of Maxima, for the beast...4cylinders of screaming terror with one big fart can out the back the size of this, he was just test it here :D for shits and giggles :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/72assbike.jpg

blender over
09-10-2005, 02:43 PM
His last one was called Organ Donor :D I think his balls went with it and now he's back to patting backs again , instead of being on the water with even a little 390 ford that he called a big block :D .......( . )( . )...........He's doing up a Souped up can of Maxima, for the beast...4cylinders of screaming terror with one big fart can out the back the size of this, he was just test it here :D for shits and giggles :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/72assbike.jpg
:)

Kim Hanson
09-10-2005, 02:44 PM
:confused:
Lame as childs play Donald..........( . )( . )........with the quotes tell GGG to slap you some more you might be going to the gay side now and you haven't caught it yet. ............... :p

Kim Hanson
09-10-2005, 02:49 PM
does evinrude- outsource it motorbuilding to Chevy ???
I wish, cause then I could fix it when I break them :D I don't break them that often either, sure is nice having a fresh engine all the time! Feels like i should have been a drag racer and your engine would get done between rounds :D ...............( . )( . )..........

Kim Hanson
09-10-2005, 02:55 PM
The REAL MPH difference between a Jet and a V drive!
Why did you leave out the best one power wise to evaluate, power the same as a OB and you boys would be the chumps sitting looking stupid everytime :idea: .........( . )( . )............ :eat:

dmontzsta
09-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Kim, I can fully understand your loyalty to whackers as well as dodge/chrysler. It is just too bad that your business plan did not work, it shows great dedication when an owner models his own stuff.
http://www.dmontzsta.com/MiscStuff/MiscPics/HANSON.jpg
Great job buddy.

O.B eddie
09-10-2005, 03:07 PM
KIMMIE TAKE THIS CRAP BACK TO BENCH RACERS.. Damn you are like a stray beat up butt as ugly DOG you ask a question on this forum you get it answered you hang around!! Like I do to stray's GIT THE PHUK OUT OF HERE!!! Hee Haww for kickin Kim back to B.R'S

Kim Hanson
09-10-2005, 03:08 PM
I like my Rude and my Mopar, im not a 1 boat person Donald and I look for more weekly to maybe buy. Who is helping with the chop shop pictures, I sure the hell know you can't do it..........( . )( . )..............I don't carry umbrellas either :p Don't have a Chrysler motar on the OB either :rolleyes:

Kim Hanson
09-10-2005, 03:13 PM
KIMMIE TAKE THIS CRAP BACK TO BENCH RACERS.. Damn you are like a stray beat up butt as ugly DOG you ask a question on this forum you get it answered you hang around!! Like I do to stray's GIT THE PHUK OUT OF HERE!!! Hee Haww for kickin Kim back to B.R'S
Havasu Barneys is slower than you right now and it's painful to sit and wait for it to move so this seemed like a good place to stir up some trouble :D You don't kick strays to the curb, you lick them clean and wait for more dirtys :jawdrop: ........( . )( . )............

MAXIMUS
09-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Look at the head on that thing!:jawdrop:
GluteusMaximus,
Guru knows his shit on dem runnerbottoms thats fo sho! I'm more impressed with the 121 from the single 4 barrel Superstock boat (true flat). Lets see what your 21 runs with 650 hp. When Lance ran that record the rules called for part numbered unported heads and intake, solid cam (no roller) 433 inches and no more than 830 cfm. Reading through all this mumbo jumbo you still can't touch that.
That is pretty much what my mill is making but the torq #'s are slightly higher... My boat is basically a sled! :notam:
Hey Guru, how fast do you think a lightweight canyon could go if you set it up for a kilo pass using 650 hp?[/QUOTE]

olbiezer
09-10-2005, 04:01 PM
for the unimformed........who is that guy in the pic? :idea: :idea: :idea:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-10-2005, 04:16 PM
for the unimformed........who is that guy in the pic? :idea: :idea: :idea:
Brodie.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Kim, I can fully understand your loyalty to whackers as well as dodge/chrysler. It is just too bad that your business plan did not work, it shows great dedication when an owner models his own stuff.
http://www.dmontzsta.com/MiscStuff/MiscPics/HANSON.jpg
Great job buddy.
This here just took the prize away from Gordy's midget pic and handed it to Kim Hanson!BUAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Good stuff! unappropriate for a tech thread but good stuff none the less! :D :D :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-10-2005, 04:44 PM
GluteusMaximus
That is pretty much what my mill is making but the torq #'s are slightly higher... My boat is basically a sled! :notam:[/QUOTE]
Maybe we could refer you to an engine builder who can tie his own shoes.... :rollside:

Kim Hanson
09-10-2005, 04:51 PM
This here just took the prize away from Gordy's midget pic and handed it to Kim Hanson!BUAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Good stuff! unappropriate for a tech thread but good stuff none the less! :D :D :D
Ya okay and you make good video's :sleeping: .........( . )( . ).........Who buys them anyways Jerry? V-Drive groupies, good stuff Jerry! :sleeping:

Kim Hanson
09-10-2005, 04:54 PM
Can you tards at least size them pictures down to 640x480, it sure would make it more enjoyable to view! That is if you have a couple brain cells still working K..........Small time biatch's for you! :p .......( . )( . ).........

dmontzsta
09-10-2005, 05:11 PM
Ya okay and you make good video's :sleeping: .........( . )( . ).........Who buys them anyways Jerry? V-Drive groupies, good stuff Jerry! :sleeping:
Dont hate cause there are no whacker videos, probably cause nobody really gives a shit about them.

Kim Hanson
09-10-2005, 05:26 PM
Dont hate cause there are no whacker videos, probably cause nobody really gives a shit about them.
Well thats about the same way I feel about raceboat's, but you tards do it anyways! Its like watching the movie JackAss, you will watch it anyways to see :yuk: It's like what a bunch of jack-off's............( . )( . )........... :D

O.B eddie
09-10-2005, 05:43 PM
Well thats about the same way I feel about straight heterosexual people but you tards do it anyways! Its like watching the movie Jack me in my Ass, you will watch it if you would like to see me :yuk: It's like what a bunch of jack-off's like myself do with our spare time ............( . )( . )........... By the way I am so ugly I pay alot of money to get laid :D
:yuk: Hanson get back to bench racer's with your stories!! HEE HAWW :yuk:

ColeTR2
09-10-2005, 05:53 PM
This is what the boat did!!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/73816with18.jpg
This 7200 rpm's with 15 prop and 18 gear
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/73815with18.jpg
This 7200 rpm's with 16 prop and 12 gear
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/73816with12.jpg
Click here to download link to Excel spreed sheet (http://www.flat-bottom.com/Prop.xls)

FLYTE RISK
09-10-2005, 06:02 PM
This is what the boat did!!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/73816with18.jpg
This 7200 rpm's with 15 prop and 18 gear
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/73815with18.jpg
This 7200 rpm's with 16 prop and 12 gear
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/73816with12.jpg
This will not tell you E.T!!
Tr2 would you agree this means nothing compared to taking the boat to the drags and getting a M.P.H aswell as E.T time slip! I feel there are many who think, say, act like there boats are 120 M.P.H boats or 100 or 96, and they get a BIG reality check when they run there 110 M.P.H boats at the track and they are actually 76.93 m.p.h with an 11.64 E.T.. This will tell you which propellor is in need!! Just my .02 :D And quick jet the rod's to spare boat is a good idea of set up and gear that boat run's 8.40's with a N.A 427 Talk to Brian E. he can help ya..

Kim Hanson
09-10-2005, 06:14 PM
:yuk: Hanson get back to bench racer's with your stories!! HEE HAWW :yuk:
I have some, much better than you! Im going to watch a movie with my wife, so you just go grab a life Eddie and I will be back in the AM ass inspector :cool: .........( . )( . )........

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-10-2005, 08:06 PM
You're right! I quit! no more boat videos! My next project will be a documentary about drunken canadian tweekers who aren't sharp enough to use a boat cover in a snow storm or have the ability to make a right turn (in their boat or life) without turning to a bunch of v-drive groupies for help. btw, Daisy duke wants her shorts back HOMO! :p

dmontzsta
09-10-2005, 08:27 PM
You're right! I quit! no more boat videos! My next project will be a documentary about drunken canadian tweekers who aren't sharp enough to use a boat cover in a snow storm or have the ability to make a right turn (in their boat or life) without turning to a bunch of v-drive yuppies for help. btw, Daisy duke wants her shorts back HOMO! :p
http://www.dmontzsta.com/MiscStuff/MiscPics/kevin_got_owned.jpg

Cs19
09-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Just for comparison,I'll put in my 2 cents.We ran a cole tr-2 with a 840 hp 522ci chev it had 25 gears and 10 3/4 -16 prop and ran a best of 8.55 @127 at chowcilla.Not sure how good that is but, I know all the numbers are correct.
In a perfect world, that can be done in a jetboat, but its not going to happen with a garage built deal.
Copy pasted from "Fools Paradise" ad on Dragboats.com.
-468 Chevy by Joey Grose 600 HP on Dyno. Less than 30 passes since new. All steel, roller w/ oval port heads & single 850DP on Weiand Stealth manifold. Ran 10.50's in above hull w/ no tune up. Complete Carb to pan. $
-468 Chevy by Joey Grose. 725HP on Dyno Less than 30 passes since freshened with new Eagle rods, all steel. Finished 2004 season in the #129 Blu By U boat - Ran 9.47 with two Demon 750's on Victor Ram Manifold. Complete carbs to pan.
Can a jetboat turn a 10.5 with only 600 hp?
What about 9.5 with 725 hp?
I think my boat will go 9.5 with 725hp with no trouble.

Roman 1
09-10-2005, 09:30 PM
Don't worry guys, I'll handle the lite work....
Blent over,
We don't hate whackers in here, where do you think we get our entertainment? For instance...did you attend the latest BBSP? [insert cricket sounds] Thats right, the car motor boat went undefeated! The only peeps wrenching on car motors are you non mechanical wacker girls because your tundra tow vehicle never got fresh plugs. Next time remember to call your (v-drive owning) mechanic neighbor and pay attention when class is in session.
Do you know how many old ass farts ran their pontoon equipped marine motors today? pretty exciting :sleeping: :sleeping:
next time you run that thing trim my hedges :notam:
R1 takin out the trash. :rolleyes:

QuickJet
09-10-2005, 11:37 PM
Ha ha ha, Roman that was some good stuff.
Hey LVJETBOY. You seem to have taken issue with my comparrison between the Bahner jet and the Cole V-drive. I guess the only proper way to compare the two types of drives is to have them in somewhat similar hulls that have identical cuts and weights. I think the perfect comparrison would be that of the Hondo. Back in the day you could get the Hondo in V-dive or Jet. Guess which one was faster the Hondo Jet or the Hondo V-drive? Both were 18 foot sprints. Hondo even made a Jet flat bottom. Didn't work to well. The V-drive Hondo was way faster. It was such a better performing boat that Hondo stopped making the Jet version all together.
What's the average speed of a lake jet boat? 65 maybe 70 mph!! Whats the average speed of a lake V-drive? 80 maybe 90.
You are right though, you really can't compare the two. The V-drive is so much better that comparring it to a jet is useless.
Incidently, have you ever owned a quality built V-Drive? I've had both.
Don't get me wrong, I know that there are some serious jets out there, but for every 1 jet that hauls ass, there are 50 v-drives that will hand it it's ass!!
Oh,and you might want to check out the Bnderlog board. Seems they can't find anyone to bring the Patato Salad for the next outing. :hammerhea

blender over
09-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Don't worry guys, I'll handle the lite work....
Blent over,
We don't hate whackers in here, where do you think we get our entertainment? For instance...did you attend the latest BBSP? [insert cricket sounds] Thats right, the car motor boat went undefeated! The only peeps wrenching on car motors are you non mechanical wacker girls because your tundra tow vehicle never got fresh plugs. Next time remember to call your (v-drive owning) mechanic neighbor and pay attention when class is in session.
Do you know how many old ass farts ran their pontoon equipped marine motors today? pretty exciting :sleeping: :sleeping:
next time you run that thing trim my hedges :notam:
R1 takin out the trash. :rolleyes:
Roman, yes i did attend the last bbsp, I sat there for about 2 hours, nothing was happening, so i left, i got better things to due on my vacation like {DRIVE MY BOAT} unlike your trailer queen ass.
Im not saying my boat is fast in any way, but i still due 85mph gps with 225hp.
All you guys try to take cheep shots at o/b's, why, are you jellous of the hp to mph ratio?
If there was some way i could put 700hp to my o/b {like you guys have in your car motors} you v-drive fags would go run away with your tail between your legs.
Go ahead romen im ready for your response, or anybody's considering i am posting in the v-drive thread :rollside:
P.S v-drives suck, go buy a new boat and stop living in the past :devil:
Oh ya, go ahead and hate me, at least i dont have to wake up at 6:00 in the morning to drive my boat, and then pull it off at 7:00. Sounds like fun :D

QuickJet
09-10-2005, 11:49 PM
Nothing wrong with outboards, except for the fact that they are ugly and sport zero chrome. Chick factor has to be pretty low too I'd imagine. Well that and the import Honda sound that they make. Not to mention all the blue smoke they emitt upon start up. You know what, when you get right down to it I really don't like out boards!!!!

blender over
09-11-2005, 12:05 AM
Nothing wrong with outboards, except for the fact that they are ugly and sport zero chrome. Chick factor has to be pretty low too I'd imagine. Well that and the import Honda sound that they make. Not to mention all the blue smoke they emitt upon start up. You know what, when you get right down to it I really don't like out boards!!!!
That's cool, i really dont like v-drives.
Been there done that with the big block motor. Cool yes!!! Stupid yes too!!!
When it comes down to it, how many girls do you see at the river compared to havazoo??? You probley could not answer this question considering your v-drive would sink in a matter of secconds in havazoo.
I dont want to get into a big pissing contest, so it is pretty much "what ever floats your boat"
I would rather argue with some CHINK doing 55pmh in the fast lane on the freeway.
At least we have something in common, BOATS. ;)

Jet City
09-11-2005, 12:20 AM
When it comes down to it, how many girls do you see at the river compared to havazoo??? You probley could not answer this question considering your v-drive would sink in a matter of secconds in havazoo.
I dont want to get into a big pissing contest, so it is pretty much "what ever floats your boat"
I would rather argue with some CHINK doing 55pmh in the fast lane on the freeway.
I'd like you to give me some specifics (engine/drive details) in regard to your old V-drive boat.

dmontzsta
09-11-2005, 06:02 AM
Or some ricer who thinks his civic sounds better than your outboard?
:D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-11-2005, 07:57 AM
Yo chief,
You came in here throwing up your 2 cents and it wasn't exactly complimenting. Most of these guys won't respond to you because you're not taken seriously (kind of like that adorable little BBSP).
I was at BBSP sat morning and may have even met you "I dont know" all your boats look the same to me. Everyone there was sitting on the beach twiddling their thumbs. The v-drives (2) that showed up there friday jumped out of thier boats and yelled out "who's fastest", "get it out there"! The single 4 barrel Hondo v-drive proceeded to hand someone their ass before the guys came back to the beach and yelled "NEXT!". 45 minutes went by before anyone (ut) finally answered the call. UT got out on the blue flatty but gave up by half track. That was that!. The 2 v-drives then fueled up and drove the remainder of their 50 mile trek back to needles marina.
I have a hondo that has been on havasu many times. I've been on 3 day weekends, regular weekends and weekdays. Haven't sunk yet! Never got towed in! I did have to dodge a bunch of idiot weekenders on jet skis and huge boats that have no clue nor care about their giant wakes. But that was my choice to make.
I believe a lot of guys start out in less expensive jets or v-drives but lack the mechanically ability to build a dependable motor or they bought the boat from someone else who didn't know how to tune it or build it right. This discourages people after a few tow-ins or a fire and they break out the big $$$ for a maintenance free cookie cutter boat (like yours). The rest of us mechanically proficient types stay with the 1 of a kind "true Hot Rod style" boats and in some cases own a family boat as well.
I'm not here to dump on outboards nor have I, but you my friend are out of line comin in here talkin shit. Have a nice day btw car motors were in boats long before the first outboard. ;)
--Jerry :coffeycup :notam:

Cs19
09-11-2005, 08:36 AM
I think the perfect comparrison would be that of the Hondo. Back in the day you could get the Hondo in V-dive or Jet. Guess which one was faster the Hondo Jet or the Hondo V-drive? The V-drive Hondo was way faster.
Your posts are over worded, you could have said what you wanted to say with half the work.
Jetboats run alot better than they used to or than they did "back in the day". In some cases a jetboat can run with a flat with equal power, deal with it Quickjet.
Nice avatar.

dossangers
09-11-2005, 09:18 AM
Roman, yes i did attend the last bbsp, I sat there for about 2 hours, nothing was happening, so i left, i got better things to due on my vacation like {DRIVE MY BOAT} unlike your trailer queen ass.
Im not saying my boat is fast in any way, but i still due 85mph gps with 225hp.
All you guys try to take cheep shots at o/b's, why, are you jellous of the hp to mph ratio?
If there was some way i could put 700hp to my o/b {like you guys have in your car motors} you v-drive fags would go run away with your tail between your legs.
Go ahead romen im ready for your response, or anybody's considering i am posting in the v-drive thread :rollside:
P.S v-drives suck, go buy a new boat and stop living in the past :devil:
Oh ya, go ahead and hate me, at least i dont have to wake up at 6:00 in the morning to drive my boat, and then pull it off at 7:00. Sounds like fun :DANOTHER REASON WHY YOU DONT OWN A V-DRIVE IS YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH WAVO'S TO DRIVE A FAST BOAT THATS WHY YOU HAVE A BOAT THAT YOU AND YOUR WIFE CAN SHARE LIKE HER MINIVAN!! Now go mix up some fuel for yer whacker :rollside: :rollside:

ColeTR2
09-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Now go mix up some fuel for yer whacker :rollside: :rollside:
LOL!!!

blender over
09-11-2005, 10:18 AM
ANOTHER REASON WHY YOU DONT OWN A V-DRIVE IS YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH WAVO'S TO DRIVE A FAST BOAT THATS WHY YOU HAVE A BOAT THAT YOU AND YOUR WIFE CAN SHARE LIKE HER MINIVAN!! Now go mix up some fuel for yer whacker :rollside: :rollside:
Dont mix my fuel. it's oil injected.

QuickJet
09-11-2005, 11:21 AM
Your posts are over worded, you could have said what you wanted to say with half the work.
Jetboats run alot better than they used to or than they did "back in the day". In some cases a jetboat can run with a flat with equal power, deal with it Quickjet.
Nice avatar.
In some cases yes....most cases no!!! That's why I bought the V-Drive.
Hope that wasn't too many words for you. :yuk:

Kim Hanson
09-11-2005, 01:47 PM
You're right! I quit! no more boat videos! My next project will be a documentary about drunken canadian tweekers who aren't sharp enough to use a boat cover in a snow storm or have the ability to make a right turn (in their boat or life) without turning to a bunch of v-drive groupies for help. btw, Daisy duke wants her shorts back HOMO! :p
Your video's are good Jerry and I was the one that figured out the Attwood thing was the reason for it not turning right, but the steering did need work and the cable across the quadrant...so I guess some did help me, but isn't that what this place is for help with boats? The snow in the boat, shit it gets wetter than that at the lake every time and its not dead yet so whats with a little snow :D I haven't wore shorts like my tanning ones since the last time at Havasu, so there :notam: :D
I thought v-drive guys were TWEEKERS, no ? :D :D

O.B eddie
09-11-2005, 01:49 PM
I'd like you to give me some specifics (engine/drive details) in regard to your old V-drive boat.
For what!! You cannot get your turd to run!! HEE HAWW For The North :p

O.B eddie
09-11-2005, 01:50 PM
Your video's are good Jerry and I was the one that figured out the Attwood thing was the reason for it not turning right, but the steering did need work and the cable across the quadrant...so I guess some did help me, but isn't that what this place is for help with boats? The snow in the boat, shit it gets wetter than that at the lake every time and its not dead yet so whats with a little snow :D I haven't wore shorts like my tanning ones since the last time at Havasu, so there :notam: :D
I thought v-drive guys were TWEEKERS, no ? :D :D
Kimmie nice to see you sobered up must be hung over though HUH :D HEE HAWW

Kim Hanson
09-11-2005, 02:03 PM
http://www.dmontzsta.com/MiscStuff/MiscPics/kevin_got_owned.jpg
You suck at chop shop Donald :idea: Owned, hahahahahahaha :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/72donaldz.jpg

Kim Hanson
09-11-2005, 02:04 PM
Kimmie nice to see you sobered up must be hung over though HUH :D HEE HAWW
I just got back from work , hung over from a few beers :D .......( . )( . ).........

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-11-2005, 02:15 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/72donaldz.jpg
This is pretty funny!!! :D :D :D

77charger
09-11-2005, 04:48 PM
simple no real comparison.A v drive will go faster on the same power its a proven point wheter the jet is set up properly or not.That falt might not be set up properly either.
Either way the prop will win now a jet set up properly vs a non properly set up flat it might be close but not faster.
I know from expeience set up is important my best friends placecraft(jetboat) went 87 mph after mpd race set up it went 106mph same motor but was still slower than a little less hp flat his dad owned(one i drive)a lightwieght tunnel vs a heavy layed up hondo(same as m&ds hondo)just less power
go to hydro on the same power it will go even faster but IMO a hydro is a flatbottom with training sponsons(oops did i just say that.LOL)

Kim Hanson
09-11-2005, 04:57 PM
simple no real comparison.A v drive will go faster on the same power its a proven point wheter the jet is set up properly or not.That falt might not be set up properly either.
Either way the prop will win now a jet set up properly vs a non properly set up flat it might be close but not faster.
I know from expeience set up is important my best friends placecraft(jetboat) went 87 mph after mpd race set up it went 106mph same motor but was still slower than a little less hp flat his dad owned(one i drive)a lightwieght tunnel vs a heavy layed up hondo(same as m&ds hondo)just less power
go to hydro on the same power it will go even faster but IMO a hydro is a flatbottom with training sponsons(oops did i just say that.LOL)
Since you brought up Hydro's, give the same HP to a OB Tunnel and what would it be like , OB would eat them silly.........( . )( . ).........I forgot Jets and the Flatty's

77charger
09-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Since you brought up Hydro's, give the same HP to a OB Tunnel and what would it be like , OB would eat them silly.........( . )( . ).........I forgot Jets and the Flatty's
well i dont see any top fuel o/bs that can compete.O/bs equal the list of excuses after they lose a race,even more than the jet boats.
wont talk about turns though different story.

Roman 1
09-11-2005, 06:53 PM
Kim, as efficient as an outboard tunnel may be, a hydro is more efficient. Outboard hydros race all over the east coast and south east U.S. They are small one person missiles that you kneel on or laydown in. They will never out accelerate the fastest big blocks. An outboard can't make enough power no matter what you do to it to ever be top gun at the drags. They do on the other hand make great fishing, pontoon and general purpose poker run boats (for those with deep pockets). Isn't that good enough for you? Why do you feel obligated to sell us on how great your HST is? We don't like civics with big exhaust tips or their land based cousins.
See Kim, I can be nice.
Roman Won! :skull:

Bt273
09-11-2005, 08:51 PM
ANOTHER REASON WHY YOU DONT OWN A V-DRIVE IS YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH WAVO'S TO DRIVE A FAST BOAT THATS WHY YOU HAVE A BOAT THAT YOU AND YOUR WIFE CAN SHARE LIKE HER MINIVAN!! Now go mix up some fuel for yer whacker :rollside: :rollside:
That is just perfect, enough said!!!! :rollside:

dmontzsta
09-11-2005, 09:17 PM
Suck? like you suck dicks?
I am not going to ***** out this thread anymore. You whacker homos have done a good enough job trying to prove that a ugly, pussy sounding boat is cool or something.
If you want to compete in PS I will bring some pain to you, but Rex would end up pulling it down faster than you pull your pants down and bend over for lucky.

RedRocket
09-12-2005, 05:17 AM
I know how efficient V-drives are compared to jets but if anyone is interested: 19' eagle alum. hull does 80 mph with 400 hp, and the 21' tunnel with nothing but the necessities will do 95+ with 550 hp.

Kim Hanson
09-12-2005, 09:07 AM
Suck? like you suck dicks?
I am not going to ***** out this thread anymore. You whacker homos have done a good enough job trying to prove that a ugly, pussy sounding boat is cool or something.
If you want to compete in PS I will bring some pain to you, but Rex would end up pulling it down faster than you pull your pants down and bend over for lucky.
Pain, don't start talking about Maxima's again :notam: last time was good enough Tweety RiceBoy.........( . )( . )................ :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-12-2005, 10:09 AM
”Hey LVJETBOY. You seem to have taken issue with my comparrison between the Bahner jet and the Cole V-drive. I guess the only proper way to compare the two types of drives is to have them in somewhat similar hulls”
I’d agree somewhat. Only issue I had was the accuracy of your comparison. You may’ve noticed and I’ve posted many times before? I think a prop is more efficient than a jet.
That said I believe hull weight and drag in your “Real Difference” comparison apples to oranges. If so, that alone tempers your reported wow factor and drive choice worship. Nobody’s stepped up and acknowledged yet, but is your Cole tr2 really that much shorter than your Bahner? To some maybe length doesn’t matter. But length and weight can make a huge difference at high speed in a small high-performance hull, even with the same hull design. 140 lbs in my jet means 6-7 mph off top speed. I’m sorry, haven’t run the 1/4 mile, but I’m sure an extra 140 lbs would also affect my et (for those who choose to focus on et. and the 1/4 mile.)
” Hondo even made a Jet flat bottom. Didn't work to well. The V-drive Hondo was way faster.”
That may be an example of poor drive-hull application, not proof of value…one drive over the other. Maybe Hondo’s flat bottom design unloaded the jet? My point: you posted The Real Difference. Yet the true difference may be less than you think (or’d admit in this v-drive forum) For similar weight hulls and a hull design matched to the propulsion choice. Is a Tr-2 really only 17’10” long?
I think the “true” difference is less than 10 mph. At least in the power range you run. That for equal weight boats with hulls matched to their respective propulsion and equally tweaked setups. You said jets run 65-70 but v’s run 80-90? I think that’s an exaggeration. If not exaggeration then a conclusion based on limited data and apples to oranges. I’ve tracked numbers from both jets and v-drives and if you filter out hp, hull and other BS, difference in performance not that much between the two. Yet there is some.
”Oh,and you might want to check out the Bnderlog board. Seems they can't find anyone to bring the Patato Salad for the next outing.”
??? I rarely read or post to Banderlog. You should know that because I’m not social by nature.
jer
Jer, a basic problem here is the inability to compare hulls accurately. We are compairing flats and hydros to v-bottoms and tunnels. Add in that, flats vary just like tunnels come in different designs. Is it possible to make an exact comparo given these variables?
Still looks like the 650 horse 121 mph "true flat" SS boat has the field covered. IMO
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/SS-70%20Kilo%20001.jpg
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/SS-70%20Kilo.jpg

dmontzsta
09-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Jerry, I think that would be considered..."properly setup". :D
Now, what can a properly setup jetboat with 650hp do?

wsuwrhr
09-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Now, what can a properly setup jetboat with 650hp do?
Jer? Jer?
Brian

blender over
09-12-2005, 03:48 PM
That is just perfect, enough said!!!! :rollside:
bt273 what is so perfect about that?
look at the way you sit in your boat :rollside:
You look like a fag sitting on a bannana :jawdrop:
Your the guys driving around mini vans trying to act hard when get to the river.
I drive a chevy 2500 4x4 diesel crew cab 2005.
my wife drives drives a dodge magnum hemi.
ENOUGH SAID!
Hay if you guys can come in the outboard threads and start bashing, why can i come to your threads and have a little fun!!!!!!!!!!
Dont take it personally, its only the internet ;)

Sangerboy
09-12-2005, 06:21 PM
I think we've found the core issue......YOU CAN'T .... and btw, v-drivers don't need a tail between our legs, we're very happy with what's there already, thank you

SUI-CY-COLE DIMARCO
09-12-2005, 07:13 PM
bt273 what is so perfect about that?
look at the way you sit in your boat :rollside:
You look like a fag sitting on a bannana :jawdrop:
Your the guys driving around mini vans trying to act hard when get to the river.
I drive a chevy 2500 4x4 diesel crew cab 2005.
my wife drives drives a dodge magnum hemi.
ENOUGH SAID!
Hay if you guys can come in the outboard threads and start bashing, why can i come to your threads and have a little fun!!!!!!!!!!
Dont take it personally, its only the internet ;)
......................your point is??????..............

Kim Hanson
09-13-2005, 08:44 AM
"Im not saying my boat is fast in any way, but i still due 85mph gps with 225hp. All you guys try to take cheep shots at o/b's, why, are you jellous of the hp to mph ratio?"
Blendover, some guys a cheap shot, I'm not. O/b's rule in power-to-weight...within a certain performance range. You said...
"If there was some way i could put 700hp to my o/b {like you guys have in your car motors} you v-drive fags would go run away with your tail between your legs."
In theory yes...in reality excuse me? If you could put 700 hp to your o/b then you'd rule. The design of your o/b's optimizes power-to-weight but tends to limit big (as in 700 hp) power. Can your o/b live with 700 hp and do it reliably? I think not. If not then?
So the question of putting 700 hp to your o/b becomes so what? If your drive can't live with that power then what difference does it make? So also comparing 85 mph w/225 hp means little when it comes to big speed and power.
jer
Jer, what we are trying to say is that my boat weighs a total of 1500lbs. and I can achieve speeds in the hundreds with only 340hp. and still keep it under or really close to 6000 rpms, so imagine what this power plant could do! :idea: ........( . )( . )............
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/72871-blower_bigger_pic.jpg

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-13-2005, 10:33 AM
Jer, what we are trying to say is that my boat weighs a total of 1500lbs. and I can achieve speeds in the hundreds with only 340hp. and still keep it under or really close to 6000 rpms, so imagine what this power plant could do! :idea: ........( . )( . )............
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/72871-blower_bigger_pic.jpg
Instead of imagining what it could do, why don't you tell us what it does do :mix:

lucky
09-13-2005, 10:44 AM
shit kimmy , that whole engine , looks about a 1471