PDA

View Full Version : Stereo upgrades for a Chevy Tahoe 05'

carbonmarine
05-08-2006, 02:27 PM
What are my options guys ...
Can I add too & enhance what's already there or do I have to tear all out and start all over ??? Please advise...
Rick32 :cool:

sigepmock
05-08-2006, 03:14 PM
What are my options guys ...
Can I add too & enhance what's already there or do I have to tear all out and start all over ??? Please advise...
Rick32 :cool:
My wife's 06 Tahoe came with the Bose and sounded OK, so we added a 10" JL sub and amp in the rear and it sounds great now. Al & Ed's in Ontario did the work, the sub is hidden the back panel where the Stock subs used to go and you can't even tell it is there. The amp is under the back seat, again don't know it's there. I was very supprised at how good the overall sound improved with just a little more bass.
PM me if you have any questions. I also just upgraded the sound in my 05 Crew Cab, it's a little more than the Tahoe but now I can make my ears bleed when I crankit :crossx:
Chris

carbonmarine
05-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Thanks SIG... percentage wise what did the upgraound sound liek ,, 20 % better .. I knwo it hard to gauge....
Anyone else have any thing to say ???
Rick :cool:

TRUMP TIGHT
05-08-2006, 04:45 PM
If you have the upgraded stock stereo you can get away with just adding a sub. If not you should think about doing away with the stock speakers and adding a sub. When your not going for big sound and you can get away with it keep as much hidden as possible. Adding a good 10 or 12 will make your stereo sound 100% better no dought! You will end up hearing fuller music. Oh and SUV's are the best stereo friendly.

sigepmock
05-08-2006, 06:01 PM
Thanks SIG... percentage wise what did the upgraound sound liek ,, 20 % better .. I knwo it hard to gauge....
Anyone else have any thing to say ???
Rick :cool:
The wife says 30 to 40% better. By turning the base down on the head unit we got a much cleaner sound from the stock Bose system and then let the sub fill in the rest. It works quite well with the stock sub in the center console and then the 10" sub in the rear.
In the truck I replaced all the speaker and added two amps and subs......it was a lot more $$$$ but the sound quality is there at the really high volume levels. Probably more than I really need or will really use.
Her car was the best bang for the buck and it sounded so good that I had to go and upgrade the truck :crossx:
Price for the sub and amp in her car wasn't bad at all. Dave takes care of the ***boaters.
Chris