PDA

View Full Version : No time to panic but it's time to buy firearms (are you prepared?)

MagicMtnDan
09-08-2005, 09:19 AM
for me anyway.
After seeing the thugs in New Orleans killing and raping innocents and shooting at cops and the National Guard and...
After hearing that there are 90,000 gang members in LA County and if there's ever a situation like that here (examples: Rodney King riots, OJ Simpson post-verdict hooliganism, post-earthquake, terror attack aftermath, etc.) I want to be able to protect my family and my property.
So, I need to buy firearms! I'm thinking of buying a pistol and a shotgun. Some questions (help wanted):
1. What do you recommend I buy?
2. How many and which ones/type?
3. Where should I go to buy them?
4. What is the process to buy? How long, etc?
Yes, I will pay for a firearms class so we will be trained.
I only wish I didn't wait this long. And (here's the doom-and-gloom part), I hope this coming 9/11 (this Sunday) doesn't bring us a visit from Muslim terrorists since I won't be fully prepared.
In the meantime I'm taking a close look at how prepared we are (good but not good enough) for a disaster (checking the food, water, cash, camping, supplies, etc.). It might be time to start buying MREs too :jawdrop:

JB in so cal
09-08-2005, 09:21 AM
for me anyway.
After seeing the thugs in New Orleans killing and raping innocents and shooting at cops and the National Guard and...
After hearing that there are 90,000 gang members in LA County and if there's ever a situation like that here (examples: Rodney King riots, OJ Simpson post-verdict hooliganism, post-earthquake, terror attack aftermath, etc.) I want to be able to protect my family and my property.
So, I need to buy firearms! I'm thinking of buying a pistol and a shotgun. Some questions (help wanted):
I only wish I didn't wait this long. And (here's the doom-and-gloom part), I hope this coming 9/11 (this Sunday) doesn't bring us a visit from Muslim terrorists since I won't be fully prepared.
In the meantime I'm taking a close look at how prepared we are (good but not good enough) for a disaster (checking the food, water, cash, camping, supplies, etc.). It might be time to start buying MREs too :jawdrop:
Damn. I bet you fart in church, too? Way to buzz kill!

riverroyal
09-08-2005, 09:23 AM
but this is a good thread right now,i was thinking of a handgun of some sort for the desert this year,there was more ATVs and stuff stolen at gun point last year then ever in the dunes,,nice thought huh

Freak
09-08-2005, 09:23 AM
A 12 gauge - Glock 17 - and a SKS. Nothing fancy nothing expensive but all very dependable. I like cash and second hand.

superdave013
09-08-2005, 09:24 AM
I saw a deal on TV last night about that. Pretty much said to have your shit together because they might not get to you any faster then they did those people in NO. Think about it, at least they had some notice. I know not everyone left for what ever reason. But if the big quake hits you can be 100% sure that no one will have ANY notice.
Yes, it's time to tool up. We've started stocking the can goods a lot more then normal. Need to figure out how to keep more water. I have 5 gal most of the time.
As far as firearms, I'm pretty well stocked there but am going to buy some more rounds.

LAFD
09-08-2005, 09:27 AM
gotta bunch of handguns few shotgun and a stock pile of ammo. ide be a gang killin mofo.

HocusPocus
keep the weapons simple.
a 9mm and a 12g pump shotgun.. make, model of your choice.
500 rounds for each. :)

JB in so cal
when all hell breaks loose and you're not sure you should blow the dude in your driveway away, lets not forget the shocker - kind of a password.
If you see 2 in the pink/1 in the stink - you must think!!!

rivercrazy
09-08-2005, 09:29 AM
Short barrel 12-gauge pump style shot gun. Standard dove loads are best. Plenty of stopping power and not as likely to penetrate the outside wall of you house and risk your neighbors.
You will get lots of differing opinions on handguns. The most reliable are old school revolvers (some semi-autos jam with some kinds of ammo) . Medium length barrel 357 magnums are one of the best one-shot stoppers.
I like my Taurus PT92AF 9MM (Beretta clone). Thousands of rounds of various kinds of ammo and its never jammed. This handgun with Corbon +p+ 115 grain loads is a proven combo. Other good choices are the 40MM, 45ACP. The advantages of a semi auto over a revolver are more round capacity, less recoil, and easier reloading (additional clips).

riverroyal
09-08-2005, 09:30 AM
so when i show up in your driveway after the 10.0 hits here, shine your flashlight at my hand 1st,see if it really me,remember im missing a finger

JB in so cal
09-08-2005, 09:31 AM
I sense there are some boners a popping :rolleyes:

Phat Daddy
09-08-2005, 09:31 AM
for me anyway.
Turners Outdoorsmen is a good place to start. You will need to take a written test in order to buy a gun. A Sigma 40 cal or Glock is a good easy gun to handle. There is plenty of stuff to look at there and they can answer your questions.

JB in so cal
09-08-2005, 09:32 AM
so when i show up in your driveway after the 10.0 hits here, shine your flashlight at my hand 1st,see if it really me,remember im missing a finger
Pull the trigger with your toe :cool:

Riverkid
09-08-2005, 09:33 AM
Pistols are for when you need to buy time to get to a rifle. Get a .223 and a bunch of ammo. I'd rather have some distance on my side then be >100 feet away... :D

Sleek-Jet
09-08-2005, 09:37 AM
I just need to go buy more ammo.... :D :crossx:

Freak
09-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Over all you need a Bug Out Bag.
Shelter/clothing:
Rain poncho, USGI
Sweatshirt, OD
Socks
Space blanket
Fire:
Lighter
Matches, NATO waterproof = walmart has them
Trioxane solid fuel
Mini stove, USGI
Flint
Cotton in vaseline
First Aid:
Small personal first aid kit
Maxi-pads as bandage
2 heavy duty freezer bags (for trash or collecting water or sucking chest wound)
Soap
Tools/Misc:
Multi tool
Toilet paper
Flashlight, Mini-Maglite
Batteries, spare 4xAA
Money $40
Spare clothing
Paper & pencil
50’ paracord, OD
Rope 30’
Folding saw
Mini binocular
Sterno
Bunji Cords
Green Duct tape military duct tape for closing wounds, moleskin, quick fixes like broken shoulder straps on your ruck
tampons for massive trauma wounds
You need to insure that with all your flashlights, you also carry lenses that come in either red, blue or green. These lights are easier to conceal from unfriendly eyes and don't destroy your night vision, so that you can use them to read a map for example, and still navigate at night.
Navigation:
Road map
Compass
Topo map
Food:
2x9x400 calorie emergency rations
Freeze dried
Snack food
Peanut Butter - much better than jerky
Water:
4 liters of bottled water
2 quart canteen w/ cover
1 quart canteen
Canteen cup
Water purification tabs
Communications:
Small AM/FM radio*
Mirror*
Ham radio, 2meter

Water Romper
09-08-2005, 09:38 AM
Buy two.
1) Get your self a 12 ga. pump shotgun, the shortest one available that’s “LEGAL” keep it cheap, Mossberg makes a good inexpensive “scatter gun” Load it with duck hunting shells and keep a box of “slugs” near buy…the shotgun is for close range shooting, good in the house, will not go through several walls EXCEPT for the slugs, they will take out a car.
2) Next, get a pistol. 9mm w/ hollow points. H&K is my favorite however Glock, Smith and Wesson are good to. Get extra clips and load all of them. Get a holster that is easy to put on. You can go to your local uniform shop and get a get a belt, holster, flashlight holder (for a mag light) and pepper gas and holder.
Make sure both guns are legal and registered.
And now the fun part…training, training and more training. Plus SAFETY…I can’t stress enough about safety. You need to keep the weapons away from children. Keep the guns un-loaded and the clips and shells separate from the guns. The chances of you being awakened in the middle of the night by an intruder is pretty slim HOWEVER if there is a disaster, riot etc. all bets off and do what you feel comfortable with… however even in these circumstances, safety is still a number one priority.
Remember….
It will be a kill or be killed environment. Humans (term used loosely) turn very ugly when given the opportunity to take advantage of the weak and unarmed. :cry:

lucky
09-08-2005, 09:39 AM
for me anyway.
50 milimeter , why mess around

Jbb
09-08-2005, 09:40 AM
Tom Brown reccomends a super soaker with really cold water

Phat Daddy
09-08-2005, 09:41 AM
The other secret is to not let everyone know what you have. You'll not only turn into the neighbor security, if things got real bad you might be fighting off your own neighbors (food, water, gas, etc.). Just something to think about.

Mrs. 4-B
09-08-2005, 09:43 AM
Funny this subject came up...my hubby and I have been discussing this very thing. Need to load up on more water and canned goods. And I guess its time to buy some protection and take classes! It will be every man for himself. I'm afraid of what will happen if the "bad" guys find out we have water and food. :frown:

NOTALENT
09-08-2005, 09:45 AM
too bad..the good stuff isnt availible anymore...unless u want to make a trip to arizona and make a purchase... ;)
It all depends on what you like...go to the shooting range u should be able to try several different guns for like 5 bucks each plus ammo...
I personally Like my Desert Eagle Baby 9mm. Compact, lots of power and has had a few thousand rounds through it with no jams. And I also love my Berretta 92fS 9mm..great guns..police issue.
shotguns..there's plenty of options..I like the Mossberg 500 Series...lots of upgrades you can do to them as well..

Nord
09-08-2005, 09:48 AM
A flame thrower
Bazooka
grenades (10)

THATJEFFGUY
09-08-2005, 09:49 AM
1. What do you recommend I buy? big guns...with lots of ammo
2. How many and which ones/type? Lots of em..all kinds..preferrably big ones !
3. Where should I go to buy them? on the street..without serial #'s
4. What is the process to buy? How long, etc? No process, just talk to your local thug/gun dealer..he has many new models coming in daily !

SummitKarl
09-08-2005, 09:56 AM
The Shocker, The Spocker and The Rocker are all valid forms of ID :D

JB in so cal
09-08-2005, 09:58 AM
The Shocker, The Spocker and The Rocker are all valid forms of ID :D
pink, stink, think. 3 words we can all live by.

cdog
09-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Just got 3000 rounds of ammo in last week. .223 green tips, 9mm, 12 gauge sporting loads and a box of 12 gauge slugs. I've got everything from deer rifles to hand guns. I grew up quail hunting. So nailing some guy with a TV running down the street sould be no problem. I just bought the wife a beretta 32 and myself a .45 para ordinance. The wife and I were just discussing this last night. I've got a honda 2000 gen. and plenty of propane to run the BBQ for a couple of weeks. Where can you get those plastic 55 gallon drums to store water? It 's time to stalk up like a mormon. I think if the shit hit the fan, Socal and NY city will be the worst places to be.

Water Romper
09-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Just a heads up....
You "pop" some dirtbag in your house, raping your wife with an illegal weapon YOU will have hell to pay. Do not purchase a gun off the streets. Pay the extra bucks and go to a gun store and get a LEGAL gun.
There will be a 15 day “cool off” period until you can receive the gun and a background check will be done as well.
Yes, I know, the “good guys” have to play by all the rules but thats just the way it is.
By the way, I would kill the guy with a "legit" gun or not...

Riverkid
09-08-2005, 10:04 AM
Most of the better surplus places have the blue 55 gal water drums..
Did you get that P14? :D

djunkie
09-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Ya I'd like to see someone try to get in my house. :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1768House_Fire_059_Medium_.jpg

cdog
09-08-2005, 10:06 AM
Most of the better surplus places have the blue 55 gal water drums..
Did you get that P14? :D
Sure did. I went all out and bought the LTD stainless Version. Can't wait to shoot it. :crossx:

JB in so cal
09-08-2005, 10:06 AM
Just got 3000 rounds of ammo in last week. .223 green tips, 9mm, 12 gauge sporting loads and a box of 12 gauge slugs. I've got everything from deer rifles to hand guns. I grew up quail hunting. So nailing some guy with a TV running down the street sould be no problem. I just bought the wife a beretta 32 and myself a .45 para ordinance. The wife and I were just discussing this last night. I've got a honda 2000 gen. and plenty of propane to run the BBQ for a couple of weeks. Where can you get those plastic 55 gallon drums to store water? It 's time to stalk up like a mormon. I think if the shit hit the fan, Socal and NY city will be the worst places to be.
uh huh, uh huh, uh huh. yeah. That's it. That's the way I like it. uh huh. Almost there. :rollside:

JB in so cal
09-08-2005, 10:07 AM
Ya I'd like to see someone try to get in my house. :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1768House_Fire_059_Medium_.jpg
Need a bigger floor! Shiat!
I think I'm spent!

Riverkid
09-08-2005, 10:08 AM
Sure did. I went all out and bought the LTD stainless Version. Can't wait to shoot it. :crossx:
The Limited's sure come loaded up. Where you gonna break it in at? Prado's close? I need to get some of mine dirty...

djunkie
09-08-2005, 10:08 AM
Need a bigger floor! Shiat!
I think I'm spent!
And theres a few missing.....Like all my handguns. :rollside:

boxscore
09-08-2005, 10:10 AM
Tom Brown reccomends a super soaker with really cold water
lmao

callbob4homes
09-08-2005, 10:11 AM
This all sounds pretty far fetched............................but is it? My dad brought that up just after the hurricane disaster started. What would happen if the "big one" hit LA or somewhere heavily populated in Cal? Not that farfetched anymore. It can happen. I wouldn't go as far as some did on Y2K. but I will be prepared. and yes I could pull the trigger if need be to protect my family.
Glock 40 is nice :D
20 gauge is nice :D
7mm mag with 50mm leopold for the fast runners :D
and the list goes on :D
I wonder if the 7 mag will fit in my golf bag? Hey ya never know who is out there :devil:

cdog
09-08-2005, 10:13 AM
The Limited's sure come loaded up. Where you gonna break it in at? Prado's close? I need to get some of mine dirty...
I'm picking it up next thursday. Mabey we should try for a ***boat skeet shoot and firearm bananza sometime. Can anyone else play hookie on a weekday? Here is a link to some of the ranges. Prado and Rahugges.
http://www.shootprado.com/index.asp
http://www.raahauges.com/index.html

djunkie
09-08-2005, 10:17 AM
I'm picking it up next thursday. Mabey we should try for a ***boat skeet shoot and firearm bananza sometime. Can anyone else play hookie on a weekday? Here is a link to some of the ranges. Prado and Rahugges.
http://www.raahauges.com/index.html
OH I'm pretty sure I can get away for a day. This place is cool too.
http://www.triplebclays.com/

Havasu_Dreamin
09-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Damn, y'all are making me re-think my stance on owning a gun or twelve.

cdog
09-08-2005, 10:21 AM
OH I'm pretty sure I can get away for a day. This place is cool too.
http://www.triplebclays.com/
Thanks for that advice on the Rem. 1187. I just picked her up from Turners yesterday.
How about a ***boat skeet shoot on Thursday Sep. 22nd?

djunkie
09-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Thanks for that advice on the Rem. 1187. I just picked her up from Turners yesterday.
Won't know till it gets a little closer but I'm up for it.

Riverkid
09-08-2005, 10:24 AM
I'm in. That's my b-day... I like either Prado or Raahagues... Shoot at both places.

cdog
09-08-2005, 10:26 AM
Any of you guy's out there that are into guns or want to start buying some. Remember to join the NRA. They support YOUR Consitutional right that commifornia is consistantly trying to take away. The first thing Hitler did to render the germans defenceless from the Nazi's was to ban all civillian guns. Here's a link..
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp

BUSTI
09-08-2005, 10:28 AM
There are some great weapons on the market today for self defense. My sons and I happen to own a number of guns because we are gun enthusiast however here are my recomendations.
1st get yourself a shot gun! It isn't fancy but nothing strikes fear in the heart of a criminal more than the sound of a homeowner racking a round in a shotgun. Personally I own a Benelli Super 90. It is a killing machine see the link provided. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benelli_M4_Super_90
Next get yourself a good reliable pistol that won't require a lot of maintenance, especially if you are not a gun hobbiest. I recommend a Glock 40. Or better yet Taurus makes a great 38 standard revolver that reuires little expertise to operate and or maintain.
For your back pack or wifes purse get a lil 25 auotmatic. With this unit it is small and you can carry it as a pocket weapon very easily. And it is easy to shoot. With this small of caliber aim for the face neck and or heart!
The shotgun is for use as the perp enters the house down the hall from you in the dark where you don't have the best of circunstances to aim because of distance poor lighting ect. Just point and shoot. If you get a auto shotgun like the Beneilli start firing and scan left to right always moving forward clolsing the distance between you and the asshole you trying to kill. If by chance the perps are still alive or in the house after they have tasted your Benilli drop the shotgun if its empty draw your pistol( by now you should be close to the target ) and finish at close range what the Benilli started and execute the target with two rounds in the head! Remember save some ammo in the gun for wounded control while you are reloading the Benilli.
Now if its a riot situation. I have a 44 western style lever action rifle to hit the assholes before they ever get on the property or in the house. And for down the street I have an AR15 to bag the assholes. Thanks to Gay Davis (AR 15) it can't be full auto or I'm a criminal..................but hell I don't care.
You may say I am paranoid. But I say I'm just prepared. During the last riots in LA I had apts vandalized. I can tell ya we would have lost the properties if we had not been prepared. Any asshole trying to take my life or property better be prepared to die if he wants either. As I am prepared to defend them till my death!
I maybe the victim of a natural dissaster but I will never be victim of a looter!

Sleek-Jet
09-08-2005, 10:29 AM
If it was trap shooting, on a weekend, and closer to AZ... yeah, you could count me in.... :D
Another fun idea is a golf and shoot day. 4 man squads with a scramble golf outing in the morning, lunch, then head out to the shooting range in the afternoon. Finish it up with a big BBQ in the evening and it makes for one hell of a day. I helped a friend of mine put a couple of these on for his company. Lots of fun.

cdog
09-08-2005, 10:37 AM
If it was trap shooting, on a weekend, and closer to AZ... yeah, you could count me in.... :D
Another fun idea is a golf and shoot day. 4 man squads with a scramble golf outing in the morning, lunch, then head out to the shooting range in the afternoon. Finish it up with a big BBQ in the evening and it makes for one hell of a day. I helped a friend of mine put a couple of these on for his company. Lots of fun.
I'll be in Tucson next weekend. We are planning on going shooting on Sat. if you'd like to join us. We'll probably go north off of oracle. I think the place is called cross tracks? Not sure anymore? If you need to buy any guns out there. Let me know. I've got a great guy who gives better prices than most and has the hook up for the bushmaster stuff.

Sleek-Jet
09-08-2005, 10:38 AM
I'll be in Tucson next weekend. We are planning on going shooting on Sat. if you'd like to join us. We'll probably go north off of oracle. I think the place is called cross tracks? Not sure anymore?
What are you shooting???

cdog
09-08-2005, 10:42 AM
What are you shooting???
Targets. Last time we went to the range in Oro Valley that's up against Mt. Lemon. This time around we just want to go out and pop off a few 100 rounds. If you were talking about guns..... Ar-15, .45,32, 9mm and a 12 gauge.

Mardonzi
09-08-2005, 10:43 AM
If you ever get one of those going,, count me in,,

Mardonzi
09-08-2005, 10:46 AM
[QUOTE=Riverkid]Most of the better surplus places have the blue 55 gal water drums..
QUOTE]
One option instead of 55 gallon drums hanging out in the Garage is your water heater. Chit hits the fan and you have 50+ gallons of water there at your disposal....

cdog
09-08-2005, 10:51 AM
I guess thats one good thing about anaheim. We have our own water and power here + our own water resoviours. Anaheim has the lowest power and water bills in Socal. I'd bet our power would still be up even if Edisons was down.

Sleek-Jet
09-08-2005, 10:53 AM
Targets. Last time we went to the range in Oro Valley that's up against Mt. Lemon. This time around we just want to go out and pop off a few 100 rounds. If you were talking about guns..... Ar-15, .45,32, 9mm and a 12 gauge.
I'll see how thing work out, might show up. What day??? Saturday or Sunday??

cdog
09-08-2005, 10:55 AM
I'll see how thing work out, might show up. What day??? Saturday or Sunday??
Saturday..Morning/early noon. My cell # is 714-658-6291. We have a home in Oro Valley off of First and Oracle. We'll be driving out there next Wed. night.
O ya. My name is Corey. :rollside:

Liberator TJ1984
09-08-2005, 10:59 AM
What ever you buy it would be wise to stay with the calibers that are standard Military issue , That way if ammo is an issue ,the Government might (just might ) supply you with more :skull:
I gots AR 15 .223 cal. ,good scope ,night vision , silencer w/ plenty mags & serveral thousand rounds > outer range shooting
plus several hundred rounds of Raufus incenedary ammo for vehicle ,bunker,brush, & general house clearing
AK 47 7.62 x 39 short barrel/ collapsible stock , iron sights for close range / Med range
Raufus ammo also
1911 style .45 with a few hundred rounds for backup
Raufus ammo also
Good ol' auto 12 gauge with buckshot and a hundred or so " Flamethrower Rounds" just in case I am getting ambushed by several at one time :cool:

badboy
09-08-2005, 11:02 AM
ar15 223 with a dozen 30 round clips should do just fine

2Driver
09-08-2005, 11:03 AM
MOst people agree it's hard to beat a Glock, accurate and dependable as all get out. I'd think hard about the 3 most important things you want in a gun then go shopping.
I have the Glock Model 23. Mid-size body, 40 caliber.
Easy to carry, High stopping power - shoot through a closed door and still kill on the other side. Also good for Mt. Lion protection if you are a hiker.
After you go to class you relalize that the last .....very last thing you ever want to do is get in a situation where you have to use it on someone. You find out more about that during class.

cdog
09-08-2005, 11:05 AM
What ever you buy it would be wise to stay with the calibers that are standard Military issue , That way if ammo is an issue ,the Government might (just might ) supply you with more :skull:
I gots AR 15 .223 cal. ,good scope ,night vision , silencer w/ plenty mags & serveral thousand rounds > outer range shooting
plus several hundred rounds of Raufus incenedary ammo for vehicle ,bunker,brush, & general house clearing
AK 47 7.62 x 39 short barrel/ collapsible stock , iron sights for close range / Med range
Raufus ammo also
Raufus ammo also
Good ol' auto 12 gauge with buckshot and a hundred or so " Flamethrower Rounds" just in case I am getting ambushed by several at one time :cool:
That's rad! :220v: That's what I was thinking when building my arsenal. :crossx:

28Prowler525
09-08-2005, 11:06 AM
http://www.nwitimes.com/art/083105KATRINA/images/image19.jpg

Sleek-Jet
09-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Saturday..Morning/early noon. My cell # is 714-658-6291. We have a home in Oro Valley off of First and Oracle. We'll be driving out there next Wed. night.
O ya. My name is Corey. :rollside:
Cool, my brother and I have been wanting to get out and touch a few rounds off. I'll let ya know.

cdog
09-08-2005, 11:08 AM
MOst people agree it's hard to beat a Glock, accurate and dependable as all get out. I'd think hard about the 3 most important things you want in a gun then go shopping.
I have the Glock Model 23. Mid-size body, 40 caliber.
Easy to carry, High stopping power - shoot through a closed door and still kill on the other side. Also good for Mt. Lion protection if you are a hiker.
After you go to class you relalize that the last .....very last thing you ever want to do is get in a situation where you have to use it on someone. You find out more about that during class.
I agree. My first hand gun was a Glock 17 9mm. I like the 33 round clips. I'd suggest buying all the Hi Cap stuff you can get your hands on. You can bet your ass they're gonna take them off the market as soon as another lib. gets in office.

spectras only
09-08-2005, 11:09 AM
You guys need what my brother is holding :hammerhea :wink:
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/arsenal5.jpg

Not So Fast
09-08-2005, 11:28 AM
I found an article on the internet a while back, wish I would have kept the info now, anyway this man had quite a long article about handguns and what to buy. This was the gest of what he had to say, UNLESS you are a professional or a person that spends time shooting (Target, hunting) then the only gun to buy for self protection is a short (4" or under) barreled revolver (not a pistol,meaning automatic) simply because of the simplicity of the gun itself. Lets face it, most of us even if we have guns (handguns) dont shoot them on a regular basis. if you do need the gun for protection then you need to know how to use it and fast. He also said that you should buy quality ammo. I personally liked the Smith&Wesson Model 637 38 SPL+P Airweight W/Crimson TraceLaser sighting built-in. very cool ! FYI :chi: NSF

Forkin' Crazy
09-08-2005, 11:35 AM
SKS or AK47 would be the cheapest. I have an SKS that takes AK clips.
The Ruger Mini 14 is a good one. I think you can get it in 7.62 or .223.
I have a Ruger P series 9MM and have had no jams after thousands of rounds shot through it.
A 12 ga pump, model 12 Win. if you can find one. Pull the trigger and pump away and it'll shoot about as fast as an auto. :eek: I like 00 buckshot.
If it were me I would get at least 1000 rounds for each, excluding the shot gun.

Forkin' Crazy
09-08-2005, 11:36 AM
LOL! :rollside:
Where did he get that mini steam tractor??
That is cool!!!! :cool:

Freak
09-08-2005, 11:38 AM
LOL hell yeah! I live blowing large holes through cars. I'll take the tommy gun and the steam engine at his feet also. Very nice.

Billy Heinlein
09-08-2005, 11:42 AM
Try different guns before you buy, you must be comfortable with the way it fits your hand and how it shots. I have several guns and like them all
Baby eagle 9mm
Colt 1911 model 80 45 Cal
Springfield XD9 9mm
Dan Wesson 357 wheel gun
If I had to carry a gun it would be the XD9 very light and very little recoil, also my wife's favorite gun.
If you get a semi auto, get extra mags no need to reload just eject and slap in a new one.
If it get ugly and it will remember you have two choices fight or flight, when in dought flight is the better route to take, but if cornered its better to shot first and stay alive.
As far as a long gun goes if you can keep your distance they are great but most of the action will be within 50 to 100 feet.

Tom Brown
09-08-2005, 11:42 AM
That looks like a picture of Dan practicing his aim so he can shoot people who disagree with his political views.

Sun burners
09-08-2005, 12:04 PM
Does anyone have info on a 410 shotgun,
How big of an area do they spread over 25'
Are they easy for the wife or kids to shoot if needed?
How much stopping power do they have?
Thanks Mike

BajaMike
09-08-2005, 12:07 PM
What's a good 12 gage, reliabe, inexpensive, home defender type shotgun?? :confused: :confused:
I've got a H & K P-9, 9mm, but I would like a shotgun.
:devil:

dmontzsta
09-08-2005, 12:11 PM
I saw a deal on TV last night about that. Pretty much said to have your shit together because they might not get to you any faster then they did those people in NO. Think about it, at least they had some notice. I know not everyone left for what ever reason. But if the big quake hits you can be 100% sure that no one will have ANY notice.
Yes, it's time to tool up. We've started stocking the can goods a lot more then normal. Need to figure out how to keep more water. I have 5 gal most of the time.
As far as firearms, I'm pretty well stocked there but am going to buy some more rounds.
You brought up a good point Dave, I need to stock up on water and canned goods, already over-stocked in the gun department, but alot of good that does with no food or water.

djunkie
09-08-2005, 12:14 PM
What's a good 12 gage, reliabe, inexpensive, home defender type shotgun?? :confused: :confused:
I've got a H & K P-9, 9mm, but I would like a shotgun.
:devil:
Mossberg 500. Go to Big 5. They sell them for a little over 200 bucks. Comes with 2 barrels. Or spend a couple bucks more and get a Remington 870 with the short barrel.

Blown 472
09-08-2005, 12:17 PM
for me anyway.
You wont have to worry about them stealing your boat now will you???

Liberator TJ1984
09-08-2005, 12:30 PM
That's rad! :220v: That's what I was thinking when building my arsenal. :crossx:
Cdog , did you get the info. I posted last week on the " Specialty Ammo" web site and phone #'s ? :devil:

MagicMtnDan
09-08-2005, 12:57 PM
I maybe the victim of a natural dissaster but I will never be victim of a looter!
That's what I'm talking about!
Thanks for all the responses (except for Blown's and Brown's :D ).
Any suggestions on gun shops in the SF Valley area?
First round's on me :D ;)

ROZ
09-08-2005, 01:07 PM
Which finger?

Scream
09-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Raufus ammo also
Raufus ammo also
:eek: :eek: :eek:
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!
First off none of this stuff is legal to have here in California to my knowledge...but secondly, WTF? Incindiary rounds? LMAO, that's some major shiat right there! DAYUM! :skull:
Emergency rations -- instant oatmeal is a good emegency ration, it can be eaten dry or prepared, the body will derive all the nutritive value from the oatmeal either way. It keeps for ever if sealed properly and it's cheap. Super Glue should be in the first aid kit (cyno acrylate) it can be used to glue the skin together in leu of stiches. Steri Strips can be purchased at your local medical supply also, and those things rock. Lots of 4x4 gauze and roller bandages will go a lot further than Spongebob band aids.
Scream, preparing for amegeddon...

Forkin' Crazy
09-08-2005, 01:39 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!
First off none of this stuff is legal to have here in California to my knowledge...but secondly, WTF? Incindiary rounds? LMAO, that's some major shiat right there! DAYUM! :skull:
That is why I'm not laying my cards on the table. I suspect I would get the same attention... :skull:
If you can find an FNFAL, that is a good high powered weapon, .308 win, 20 round clips.... etc. :eek:

JB in so cal
09-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Raufus ammo also
Raufus ammo also
I'm gonna go home. Get all lubed up like Burt Reynolds in Showgirls, lay all my firepower out on the bed and get busy!!

Red Eye
09-08-2005, 01:57 PM
keep the weapons simple.
a 9mm and a 12g pump shotgun.. make, model of your choice.
500 rounds for each. :)
I'd go w/ (2) 9mm (in case one jams up) and a semi-auto shotgun so you don't have to worry about pumping it. Unless you're into that sorta thing. :messedup: :lightsabe

djunkie
09-08-2005, 02:00 PM
I'd go w/ (2) 9mm (in case one jams up) and a semi-auto shotgun so you don't have to worry about pumping it. Unless you're into that sorta thing. :messedup: :lightsabe
The nice thing about a pump shotgun is, if someone is breaking into your house the pumping sound alone will deter them. Its a very unique sound.

Red Eye
09-08-2005, 02:01 PM
The nice thing about a pump shotgun is, if someone is breaking into your house the pumping sound alone will deter them. Its a very unique sound.
Okay... I'd agree w/ that :) , but you can get the same effect for pulling the slide back on a 9mm too.

Scream
09-08-2005, 02:03 PM
but you can buy/have it in utah :rollside:
Damn Mormon wanabe's...lol

J540
09-08-2005, 02:12 PM
A flame thrower
Bazooka
grenades (10)
Got the grenades handled. The bazooka and flame thrower were hard to get.

Red Eye
09-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Got the grenades handled. The bazooka and flame thrower were hard to get.
I got the grenades down too. They're paintball ones. Does that count?

djunkie
09-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Okay... I'd agree w/ that :) , but you can get the same effect for pulling the slide back on a 9mm too.
True. But with an 18 1/2 inch barrell on a shotgun you really can't miss.

Mardonzi
09-08-2005, 02:16 PM
but you can buy/have it in utah :rollside:
That's their way of compensating for the goofy liquor laws......

Forkin' Crazy
09-08-2005, 02:17 PM
A pump gun is mainly used because of reliability.

J540
Just a heads up....
You "pop" some dirtbag in your house, raping your wife with an illegal weapon YOU will have hell to pay.
By the way, I would kill the guy with a "legit" gun or not...
Nope, It was the gun that he had when we were rolling on the floor, it went off and shot him in the head.

Red Eye
True. But with an 18 1/2 inch barrell on a shotgun you really can't miss.
Hey... if you shot anything like my wife does, then you'd might say different. She does the whole close her eyes and turn my head thing. :D

djunkie
09-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Hey... if you shot anything like my wife does, then you'd might say different. She does the whole close her eyes and turn my head thing. :D
:D :D

djunkie
09-08-2005, 02:19 PM
A pump gun is mainly used because of reliability.
Ya that too.

djunkie
09-08-2005, 02:20 PM
Nope, It was the gun that he had when we were rolling on the floor, it went off and shot him in the head.
Nice!!!! :D

mirvin
09-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Hey Dan, you got neighbors right? Find the neighbor with the guns. He'll have plenty to go around. If the shit hits the fan before you're able to secure your own weaponry he will gladly set you up with what you need.
You should make these arraingments sooner then later.
mirvin :wink:

cdog
09-08-2005, 02:45 PM
Cdog , did you get the info. I posted last week on the " Specialty Ammo" web site and phone #'s ? :devil:
I don't think I saw that. Can you send me a link one more time. Thanks.

Liberator TJ1984
09-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Here is the Raufus round in .223
I posted a week ago or so for Cdog...
http://nas4.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/036852000/36852696/pix1878692046.jpg
We have been waiting for over a year to get some of this ammo in stock. The manufacturer has a limited amount of bullet jackets to make this ammo, so get it while you can. This ammo contains a specially made 69gr. match grade bullet. This ammo is built identical to the 50 cal. Raufus and also has the sea green tip color. This ammo is twice as explosive as regular incendiary ammo. Upon impact you will get a bright flash and bang three times more powerful than standard incendiary ammo. This ammo will burn at 5000 degrees upon impact. This ammo was tested by a police agency in Florida and one round shot through the windshield to the interior of a car caught the car on fire and burnt it to the ground. Use EXTREME CAUTION, this ammo is highly flammable upon impact. This ammo is completely safe to shoot in any .223 / 5.56 weapon and will work great in any: AR-15 or Mini-14.
It's availible in a few calibers ;)
12 ga. Flamethrower
http://nas4.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/036857000/36857279/pix1888841875.jpg
Cdog phone # is 979-277-9676 in TX. ask for Tracey

J540
09-08-2005, 02:56 PM
I have something just like that, its a Street Sweeper, 25 round 12ga drum, its so cool.
but i still like my browning 50cal, it has good range :D but at $5/7 a shot it mite be only good to use if they are in a car ...................2000yd +away :D .
Majic mtn dan. get a shotgun 12ga. get a 223 type of gun two if posible, most come with 10 round clip's but you can get 30rd in Vegas. Two/three hand gun's semiauto. 9mm are good cheep, one would be fine but get a 40cal or 45,to have a little HP (horse power) mite need to go thru a wall or two or car door. and lots of ammo for all 500+12ga, 2000/3000 of223, 1500+ 9mm, 1000+ of 40/45.
BUT FIRST OF ALL GET A GUN SAFE sam's club has a good one, thats all you need . 500lb or 1000lb If you get a 500lb bolt it down and put some lead shot in it to weight it down..500lb mite be to small i would go bigger if you can.
BUT GET A SAFE FIRST

mirvin
09-08-2005, 03:24 PM
BUT GET A SAFE FIRST
That's the best advise yet:D Seriously, you're far more likely to have some dirtbag steal you shit then you are to actually need it :idea:
mirvin :rolleyes:

djunkie
09-08-2005, 03:29 PM
Yes get a gun safe cause you might have a fire like me. Then your safe will look like this. And yes all the guns were fine inside.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1768House_Fire_036_Medium_.jpg

Tremor Therapy
09-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Dan,
Many nice weapons, but it is always handy to get things that the military has rounds for as well. A 45 ACP...the military is going back to them because of all of the fine dust that is getting into the 9mm's and 40's over in Iraq (although I love my Taurus 92 9mm). For a rifle, try something in a NATO round 7.62 (.308), like maybe a SOCOM ll by Springfiled...the military loves them. As far as a shotgun, I have a Mossberg 12 ga pump action with both rabbit shot and slugs. Rabbit shot to put a hole in them for my mantel clock, and slugs for cutting them in half!
And I seem to remember somewhere that one of the most recognizeable sounds in some survey was the shotgun racking sound....definately will get an intruders attention! And get a safe....nothing like spending a couple K on some serious fire power just to find out when you need them, the scum bag down the street has them!

Liberator TJ1984
09-08-2005, 04:00 PM
I can't believe you guys missed the explosive detonation firing boxes in front of the fire place to the left :D

RitcheyRch
09-08-2005, 04:18 PM
I've got a Ruger Mini-14, H & K P7M8 9 mm and just bought a Benelli M1 Super 90 shotgun.

cdog
09-08-2005, 04:44 PM
So what do you guy's think about a ***boat Skeet shoot. On the 22 of this month at Prado. Here is a link. Who's in? Lets say 11:00am?

stvneil
09-08-2005, 04:45 PM
a good shotgun, 40, or 45 glock and a 22 rifle. with a 22 you can carry 2-3000 rounds of ammo and do a lot of damage. when someone is hit, it requires two people to carry them off. :lightsabe

azgfboatgirl
09-08-2005, 04:54 PM
OMG, I think I just entered a WAR ROOM. :sqeyes: :sqeyes:

franky
09-08-2005, 05:05 PM
I sure as hell wouldn't post on the internet what weapons I (might) own. Some things are better left unsaid and UNPOSTED.

Morg
09-08-2005, 05:08 PM
All good advice on choice of weapons.
The one thing I could not recomend enough is training. Not only take the safety classes but also compete in a practical pistol competition.
Firing a gun at a range at a stationary target is one thing. Yes it will teach you how to operate the gun but it in no way simulates what you would face if you were to use your gun in a real world sitiation. I have been shooting since I was at least 8 years old. I thought I was a pretty good shot. After my first station at a competition it became verry apparent I had no idea what I was doing. I did absolutly everything wrong,
-My grip on the gun was so wrong it made the gun verry inacurate.
-I missed the first three shots at the steel targets. Drawing & aquiring a target is a little different.
-I emptied the gun, you need to count & not empty he gun with a semi auto if you empty the gun it takes more steps to re-load a clip. Leave one in the pipe so you will not have to lose youre grip to close the slide.
-I tried to insert a fresh clip backwards. When I looked to see what was happening I came real close to pointing my own gun at myself. the range officer made me stop at that point.
Essentialy I walked away completely frazzeled & shaking. I would have been dead period. DEAD.
The range officer took me aside & talked to me about what had happened. We spent around 10 minutes on the basics at an open range, then went to the next station. Huge difference. Over the next few months my shooting improved immensly.
I now compete regularly in practical pistal shoots. I still cannot believe how little I knew.
If you are going to get a pistol for protection, You better damn well know how to use it in a practical application.

mirvin
09-08-2005, 05:09 PM
I sure as hell wouldn't post on the internet what weapons I (might) own. Some things are better left unsaid and UNPOSTED.
WHy the heck not?? Unless you happen to own weapons on the Federal list of no no's:220v:
Personally I prefer the S&W P99 in a 40 cal. Followed by a long rifled 22 pistol with a shotgun chaser. Oh and I'm also fond of the S&W 10mil :rollside:

***boateditor
09-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Buy two. 1) Get your self a 12 ga. pump shotgun, the shortest one available that’s “LEGAL” keep it cheap, Mossberg makes a good inexpensive “scatter gun” Load it with duck hunting shells and keep a box of “slugs” near buy…the shotgun is for close range shooting, good in the house, will not go through several walls EXCEPT for the slugs, they will take out a car.
2) Next, get a pistol. 9mm w/ hollow points. H&K is my favorite however Glock, Smith and Wesson are good to. Get extra clips and load all of them. Get a holster that is easy to put on. You can go to your local uniform shop and get a get a belt, holster, flashlight holder (for a mag light) and pepper gas and holder.
Make sure both guns are legal and registered.
And now the fun part…training, training and more training. Plus SAFETY…I can’t stress enough about safety. You need to keep the weapons away from children. Keep the guns un-loaded and the clips and shells separate from the guns. The chances of you being awakened in the middle of the night by an intruder is pretty slim HOWEVER if there is a disaster, riot etc. all bets off and do what you feel comfortable with… however even in these circumstances, safety is still a number one priority.
Remember….
It will be a kill or be killed environment. Humans (term used loosely) turn very ugly when given the opportunity to take advantage of the weak and unarmed. :cry:
I am against buying all this stuff. Let's face it -- you'll buy it all...and then NOTHING will happen and you won't even NEED any of it! THEN what???
:D

MagicMtnDan
09-08-2005, 08:28 PM
I am against buying all this stuff. Let's face it -- you'll buy it all...and then NOTHING will happen and you won't even NEED any of it! THEN what???
From your mouth to God's ear! I only hope that you're right but IF you're wrong, I don't want to be wishing I had a firearm when I needed it! :220v:

Forkin' Crazy
09-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Then what? I don't understand..... The only way to own a weapon is to be intimate with it. Shoot it, take care of it, even love it. I shoot a lot and use to hunt a lot but lost interest.... I bird hunt some, and that is the best. Go to a skeet range. Shoot at moving targets. There are a lot of clubs out there. Shooting is fun!!!! :smile:

Dutch
09-08-2005, 09:36 PM
As a RSO I,ve had my share of shooting plenty of Firearms so lets take a look at some Factors here. Price, Ease of operation ie cleaning disassembly, reliabilty.
Handgun Calibre. I suggest using the 40cal. It has better stopping power than a 9mm and comparable stopping power to that of a 45auto. But it has a better trajectory and flight distance.
Handguns Beretta,Glock,Ruger,Sig Sauer, HK, all make Fantastic 40cal Handguns. YES I know everyone has their Favorites. I personally love my Sig P220 and Glock 22.
Pricing in order by cheapest. Ruger,Glock,Beretta,Sig,HK
Reliability tied with ruger being the lesser in quality but still a good novice gun.
Ease of Operation Hands down winner is the Beretta,
Everyone will have their own Opinions this is only mine.
Shotguns Remington Pumps or Mossberg 500 Both are reliable, Not to expensive and easy to maintain. If you have the money then hell yes buy the Benelli ITS JUST FREAKIN AWESOME. But remember this info is for someone with not such I high budget.
Rifle. Anything in 223cal. Ruger Mini-ranch Great rifle, Olympic,Colt,Bushmaster, AR15 style rifles Easy to maintain VERY accurate at Distance (TRUST ME) and ammo is pretty damn cheap. You can also buy a pretty good scope for these rifles.
Remember guns dont kill people People kill people. Your ULTIMATE safety is your Brain followed by your Finger. Please take a Firearms saftey course make your significant other go with you CHICKS LOVE SHOOTING GUNS (know what im saying) Become proficient with your firearm keep them away from children but educate them properly.
Above all Be safe God bless the U.S.A.

Freak
09-10-2005, 04:08 AM
Well it has started. Gun confiscation and you never thought such a thing could happen in the good old USA. I would bet that they are using the 4473s to track down the gun owners.
Waiting periods are only a step. Registration is only a step. The prohibition of firearms is the goal."
--Janet Reno, 12/10/1993, Associated Press
"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans ..."
--Bill Clinton (USA TODAY, 11 March 1993, page 2A)
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/08/national/nationalspecial/08cnd-storm.html?hp&ex=1126238400&en=efe0a58b7fc8e12c&ei=5094&partner=homepage

Riverkid
09-15-2005, 09:12 AM
So what do you guy's think about a ***boat Skeet shoot. On the 22 of this month at Prado. Here is a link. Who's in? Lets say 11:00am?
Hey cdog,
I'm in if you want to do this next week... ;)

dirty old man
09-15-2005, 09:47 AM
This is all very interesting reading and fun to think about. But watching CNN recently, when the MAN showed up at various NO homes, the first thing they took away was any weapons. They don't want us civilians to be armed, regardless. I felt for one guy who had been beaten and robbed, got himself a shotgun, and the cops took it away from him. They said they had removed the criminal element. Oh Boy

cdog
09-15-2005, 10:05 AM
Well it has started. Gun confiscation and you never thought such a thing could happen in the good old USA. I would bet that they are using the 4473s to track down the gun owners.
Waiting periods are only a step. Registration is only a step. The prohibition of firearms is the goal."
--Janet Reno, 12/10/1993, Associated Press
"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans ..."
--Bill Clinton (USA TODAY, 11 March 1993, page 2A)
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/08/national/nationalspecial/08cnd-storm.html?hp&ex=1126238400&en=efe0a58b7fc8e12c&ei=5094&partner=homepage
Those are some scary comments from reno. I'm sure glad that old horse faced cum dumster is'nt in office anymore. I saw her on Bill mars show. She's a nut like the rest of the ultra left. It's amazing how wacky she is and she held such an office. I guess she furthered the left's cause.

cdog
09-15-2005, 10:05 AM
Hey cdog,
I'm in if you want to do this next week... ;)
I'm in. I went down there last sat. It's 5 bucks for 25 clays. I spent 30 bucks and had a good time.

cdog
09-15-2005, 10:08 AM
This is all very interesting reading and fun to think about. But watching CNN recently, when the MAN showed up at various NO homes, the first thing they took away was any weapons. They don't want us civilians to be armed, regardless. I felt for one guy who had been beaten and robbed, got himself a shotgun, and the cops took it away from him. They said they had removed the criminal element. Oh Boy
I'd bet they were taking them away from people that were flaunting them. I would'nt give up shit. Period.

burtandnancy
09-15-2005, 01:57 PM
I don't think if LEO's asked for your weapons you wouldn't have much choice but to give them up or go to jail. I don't think it right, just the facts.

cdog
09-15-2005, 02:04 PM
I don't think if LEO's asked for your weapons you wouldn't have much choice but to give them up or go to jail. I don't think it right, just the facts.
Unless they have a court order in hand they cannot just take anything for that matter. Good luck breaking into the 1000lb. safe. Yer not getting the code from me. Besides it's my 2nd amendment right. Know your rights!!!!!

KineticoH20
09-15-2005, 04:23 PM
Nothing says get the fu@k of my property like a Mini 14, and a Desert Eagle side arm :devil:

Bob Hostetter
09-15-2005, 04:39 PM
I happen to be in the firearms manufacturing business so if any of you want to legally purchase any firearms send me a PM and I will quote you a price. I will give at least 10% off of MSRP to anyone from the Hot Boat forums.

Red Horse
09-15-2005, 05:04 PM
What ever weapons you get, learn them. All family members must know them. Otherwise they are expensive rocks. Plus, familiarity breeds confidence and in a combat, or self defense situation you will need that.
Ruger Mini 14 .223 Low recoil, fast bullet, accurate, ammo cheap. Same as M-16 or AR 15. Plus there are aftermarket hi cap magazines out there.
Pistol, as a side arm, not primary weapon if shit is really going down. Less than 25 yards they start getting accurate. The long distance shots are movie plays. Dirty area, revolver, clean area or good with maintenance, auto. Either way you need an extra magazine or speed loader. At least a .380. Any thing smaller is pretty much useless. Buy the Personal Defense Ammuntion made by Winchester. Jacketed Hollow point with serations and a stem. Bullet mushrooms, splits apart and the stem penetrates.
Shotgun, 12 gauge, ANy. I prefer a Mossberg 835 Ultimag with a ported barrell. Clean follow up shots, less recoil and barrell rise and versatile. Can shoot anything from a 2 3/4 up to a 3 1/2 inch shell.
.22 SOme one said 22. I Agree. Great and useful guns. Anyone can shoot them. Can carry tons of ammo, fairly accurate, and will kill if used properly. And not that loud. If you ever shot a high power weapon in closed in area you cant hear shit for a while afterwards.
Happy self defense :cool:

coolchange
09-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Ithica 12 G. Used to be the police issue shotguns. good for only 1 thing. Flat black and small and light. Easy to turn around in a hall or doorway. Makes a lot of noise chambering the round, important to me.
308 nato long gun
22 handgun. If your close enough to kill with a pistol your close enought to kill with a 22. and like redhorse said, if have to squeeze one off in the house I want to hear the rest of the thugs shittin thier pants so I can get a head count.
Train. know what yuor going to do in a given situation. Some people get real tall when they're packin and become confrontational when they would otherwise walk away.
My DAD ( about 73 at the time) woke up to a crack head in his bedroom at 3am. He heard the hardwood floor creak in his sleep and felt my mom still in bed. Fortunatly for the crackhead my mom made my Dad stop sleeping with a revolver at hand when us kids got old enough to snoop around or he would have been dead. He yelled and chased him out of the house but didn't get a shot off cause he was always one turn ahead of him. I'M REALLY GLAD HE DIDN'T HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SHOOT HIM.

P P R
09-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Hey, my brother is a licensed firearms dealer. If you guys need any info give him a call @503-320-4733 or E-mail www.advantagewaterfowl@earthlink.net Mike. Always has great deals and lots of experience. He's a fellow ***boater too. (STAY SAFE)

Sleek26
09-15-2005, 08:43 PM
O.K. Lets have opinions. Do you keep a round in the chamber of that shot gun or rack one in after the dirtbag is in the house.
The question, of course, is do you want to give away your location and the fact that your armed, by racking one in and the dirtbag hearing it???? OR would it be better to stay in stealth mode and take him out???

mororless
09-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Here is my .02 cents for the big quake. 3 firearms and it's all prefrence.
1. 12 guage shotgun. I keep mine in the gun case under the bed, open chamber ready for the dirt bag to hear it chamber. I have # 4 load in it. Just big enough not to go thru the wall.
2. Hand gun. Again your choice in size. Remeber it is for close in last resort work.
3. Long rifle. I have and like the SKS, I replaced the stock with the syntheic one and added a scope. But I like Red Horse Ruger Mini 14 chambered in .223.
And like everybody else has stated before. !!!YOU MUST PRACTICE!!!

Red Horse
09-15-2005, 09:26 PM
O.K. Lets have opinions. Do you keep a round in the chamber of that shot gun or rack one in after the dirtbag is in the house.
The question, of course, is do you want to give away your location and the fact that your armed, by racking one in and the dirtbag hearing it???? OR would it be better to stay in stealth mode and take him out???
Keep one in the chamber in the pistol and shot gun loaded but not chambered.
No, I dont have kids. Hell, being in Japan I dont even have my guns with me. :squiggle:

DeputyDawg
09-15-2005, 09:44 PM
I own more guns than I care to count or list on a public forum and have been a reloader/shooter/builder/enthusiast for a long time, but if I could give someone truly wanting to defend themselves or family one piece of advice it would be to get real deal training and not just stop at the basic here's how it works class. This place www.thunderranchinc.com is by far the best weapon training that anyone could ever attend and that includes military and Law Enforcement. It is very intense and it will amaze you at just how little you think you know even if you have handled guns and shot your entire life. In my opinion it is a must do course if you are really serious about wanting to be ready for action shoulf the shit hit the fan. Check it out!

unleashed
09-15-2005, 09:59 PM
WTF???? Are you all expecting the Armagedon??? :2purples:
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

Stranger
09-15-2005, 10:58 PM
One thing that so far hasn't been addressed. If the bad guy is in your home and you shoot him, let's say in the shoulder or hip and he goes down (another poster said 2 in the head) DO NOT do that.
Reason being, let's say you knee cap him, he stops his progress towards you and you double tap him int the head. The first shot, the knee or hip is self-defense, the double tap to the head can be considered murder, since when you incapacitated him and he went down, the threat is gone.
Forensics will show the head shots as being murder. That's BAD NEWS.

MagicMtnDan
09-16-2005, 12:28 AM
Deano
Ask the people in New Orleans who were held up, mugged, raped and shot.
Ask the people in LA who didn't have firearms during the Rodney King riots.
There are 80-90,000 gang members in LA County - would you consider the days they all "go out and play" armageddon?

carreraboat
09-16-2005, 06:35 AM
Ok so back to a previous comment. about leos asking for your guns? what the hell do you do? we have the right to bear arms that is our rights as a american. it kinda pisses me off that in the catrina aftermath that leos can go to your house dis arm you and make you leave your property i really dont think we are seeing the big picture here

Red Horse
09-16-2005, 07:09 AM
Deano
Nope, no armegedon. Just like to have em. Plus, prepardness breeds luck.
Sure was lucky we bought them guns wernt it :wink: (said in your best country drawl)

ptboat
09-16-2005, 08:03 AM
Yep, shoot first and ask question later. Don't care if it is a shocker, neighbor or what. I am going to protect my cold beer til my last drop of blood. :D

MagicMtnDan
09-17-2005, 07:06 AM
Starting to do some "shopping" and found this. Me likey:
http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/rem870mcs_ax.jpg
Remington 870MCS as an "Auxiliary weapon", mounted under the M4A1carbine, to form so called Masterkey system
Type: pump-action
Gauge: 12
Length: varies with model
Barrel length: 355 mm (14 in.), 457 mm (18 in.)
Weight 3-3.5 kg
Capacity: up to 7 or 8 rounds in underbarrel tube magazine

Riverkid
09-17-2005, 07:17 AM
Starting to do some "shopping" and found this. Me likey:
http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/rem870mcs_ax.jpg
Remington 870MCS as an "Auxiliary weapon", mounted under the M4A1carbine, to form so called Masterkey system
Type: pump-action
Gauge: 12
Length: varies with model
Barrel length: 355 mm (14 in.), 457 mm (18 in.)
Weight 3-3.5 kg
Capacity: up to 7 or 8 rounds in underbarrel tube magazine
Don't forget you'd have to carry that heavy mofo around. What about simply getting a hide-a-key??? :D

MagicMtnDan
09-20-2005, 09:12 AM
It may be "heavy" but better that I have it than the guy at my front door :cool:
http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/rem870entry.jpg
Remington 870 Police "Entry Gun" with 14in barrel
http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/rem870mcs_18.jpg
Remington 870MCS (Modular Combat Shotgun) in 18"-barrel Patrol shotgun configuration, with tactical buttstock
More here (http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh17-e.htm)

cdog
09-26-2005, 11:30 AM
(Fairfax, VA) -- The United States District Court for the Eastern District in Louisiana today sided with the National Rifle Association (NRA) and issued a restraining order to bar further gun confiscations from peaceable and law-abiding victims of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans.
“This is a significant victory for freedom and for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. The court’s ruling is instant relief for the victims who now have an effective means of defending themselves from the robbers and rapists that seek to further exploit the remnants of their shattered lives,” said NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre.
Joining LaPierre in hailing the U.S. District Court decision was NRA chief lobbyist Chris W. Cox. “This is an important victory. But the battle is not over. The NRA will remedy state emergency statutes in all 50 states, if needed, to ensure that this injustice does not happen again."
The controversy erupted when The New York Times reported, the New Orleans superintendent of police directed that no civilians in New Orleans will be allowed to have guns and that “only law enforcement are allowed to have weapons.” ABC News quoted New Orleans’ deputy police chief, saying, “No one will be able to be armed. We are going to take all the weapons.”
The NRA also pledged that it will continue its work to ensure that every single firearm arbitrarily and unlawfully seized under this directive is returned to the rightful law-abiding owner.

beyondhelpin
09-26-2005, 04:29 PM
Having a 330 Dakota built. Should be done in a couple of weeks. Pushing a 250 close to 3000 fps. I believe I can reach out and touch way before they get close enough to see the whites of my eyes!

Riverkid
09-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Wow, that's a lot of rifle.
How's the expected recoil? A 250 grainer at 3K or so is gonna generate some serious "opposite reaction force"... :D

beyondhelpin
09-26-2005, 05:16 PM
The rifle should weigh close to 9.5 pounds with scope. Putting a limb saver butt pad. So it should not be to bad. Actually the 250s will probally set up to push 2850 so it will work with the new Leuipold Boone and Crocket rangefinder scope. I will probally have some 200s made up to shot 3150 to 3200. Then I will just move the first hash to 300 yard instead of 200.

Riverkid
09-26-2005, 05:22 PM
My 300 weighs around 13.5# (heavy stick for sure) but with good handloads and the Premier custom reticle in my Leupold it's a nail driver, way out there. I still remember my elk guide's expression when I handed the rifle over so I could jump off my horse (I wouldn't scabbard it)...
"You've been carrying that focker all week?!!". 482 yard hookup... :D

beyondhelpin
09-26-2005, 09:33 PM
Damn that is heavy! This one probally will never see a scabboard either with the stock they are carving for me. It is a Weatherby AA blank with the coolest irridesant tiger stripes from tip to tip! I am afraid the use any thing like a exibition grade on a big gun. The grain structure on some leaves them prone to beaking.

Wake Havasu
09-27-2005, 12:28 PM
If you are into the best; then buy an M-2 or M-4 Benelli 12 ga. and a 40 or 45 cal Glock or Sig.
Load with low or reduced recoil double 00 buckshot. Birdshot will not kill just piss the guy off.
Truners is good for stuff.
Pistol requires an easy to pass hand gun safety cert. Its a written test with easy questions.
You can get a copy of what needed to read at the gun shop. Or down load on line. Goolge for it.
Rifles require no test.
All guns in Calif require a 10 day waiting period.
Read around at:
Glocktalk.com
Benelli.com and se their forum.

Wake Havasu
09-27-2005, 12:38 PM
My M-2 Benelli is loaded but not chambered in the tocuh pad gun safe.
My Glock is loaded not chambered in a GunVault easy to open case next to my bed.
I also keep my S.H.T.F. M1A loaded not chambered in the safe.

HOSS
09-27-2005, 01:27 PM
60 cal with about 500,000 rounds. That way your not using gas in the chainsaw that will be needed in generator.

Wake Havasu
09-27-2005, 01:58 PM
For the Hand Gun Saftey cert in CA:
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/hscsg.pdf