PDA

View Full Version : Online traffic school question

THOR
09-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Has anyone ever done this here? If so, is it fairly painless compared to the all day dealio on Saturdays?

Caribbean Jet
09-08-2005, 09:48 AM
And if you have any good sites please post. I need to take a class as well.

*!Ken's Wife!*
09-08-2005, 09:49 AM
My best friend did it and HATED it!!! But it's quicker than the Saturday thang!! It takes a few hours on the computer compared to the 8 in the boring A$$ class.

Vada
09-08-2005, 09:49 AM
and why are you going to traffic school???? :rollside:

THOR
09-08-2005, 09:50 AM
11 mph over this morning.

atomickitn
09-08-2005, 09:51 AM
and why are you going to traffic school???? :rollside:
to learn how to deal with traffic! :hammerhea

Caribbean Jet
09-08-2005, 09:51 AM
9 miles an hour pulling the boat...

Vada
09-08-2005, 09:52 AM
I'm a good driver so I didn't even realize there were such things out there :p

Riverkid
09-08-2005, 09:53 AM
I bombed though one successfully in a bit under two hours. Just watch out for the trick phrases/questions they throw in there to ensure you are reading everything and not just sharp on the vehicle code... :rolleyes:

Do F150's Float?
09-08-2005, 09:53 AM
www.onlinetraffic.com
they send your certificate to the court for you. Wayyy easy.

NOTALENT
09-08-2005, 09:54 AM
I just got my list in the mail the other day of which one's I can attend. Did they give you the approval for traffic school??? My pop's did it took about an hour. Painless..there's even comedy one's online.

Mrs.charitycase
09-08-2005, 09:56 AM
Has anyone ever done this here? If so, is it fairly painless compared to the all day dealio on Saturdays?
I did it online....I aced it.... Once you get to the test page after reading 10 pages before..You can't go back... So I copied and pasted them ALL to word..... Each Question had a word....For instance...... like Stop light...Or intersection... You go to your WORD Doc and do a Control F with that word.. Worked for me....What a CHEATER!!! LOL..I can get you the one I did if you would like.

BrendellaJet
09-08-2005, 09:56 AM
I've taken a class twice. Same school. Id only notice the website though if I saw it.(need the list form the court to find it though)
Lots or reading material. But if you just scroll to the bottom of the page and click "take test" you can start guessing right away! If you get one wrong, it gives you the blurb containing the answer and an opportunity to choose again. Took less than an hour.

djunkie
09-08-2005, 09:57 AM
I did it. It was really easy. Its basically a read this section and take a test at the end kind of it deal. I tried to skip through it fast but it catches you and makes you go back. Cool part was you didn't have to do it all at once. I did a couple sections a night, that way I wasn't stuck there all day.

Mrs.charitycase
09-08-2005, 09:58 AM
I did it. It was really easy. Its basically a read this section and take a test at the end kind of it deal. I tried to skip through it fast but it catches you and makes you go back. Cool part was you didn't have to do it all at once. I did a couple sections a night, that way I wasn't stuck there all day.
Me too.. I finished in one day....But through out the day.

C-2
09-08-2005, 10:04 AM
Did it in SBDO county - Was really easy, had to go to a Kinko's in Upland for the final.
Well worth the time, if you get the right online school.

Kilrtoy
09-08-2005, 10:05 AM
I did it online....I aced it.... Once you get to the test page after reading 10 pages before..You can't go back... So I copied and pasted them ALL to word..... Each Question had a word....For instance...... like Stop light...Or intersection... You go to your WORD Doc and do a Control F with that word.. Worked for me....What a CHEATER!!! LOL..I can get you the one I did if you would like.
I bet you still learned something and the purpose was served...

Racer277
09-08-2005, 10:15 AM
Yeah, what he said, you don't have to read the pages though, just wait on them long enough.
www.webtrafficschool.com
I get a volume discount, type in WTS300 as a coupon code.
They still don't check different counties so you can take it as many times a year as you like, as long as your tickets are in different counties :idea:

***boateditor
09-08-2005, 10:22 AM
Earlier this year, headed south toward Costa Mesa, I crossed a double-yellow line into the diamond lane and got pulled over by a motorcycle cop. $400 later, I'm now going to sign up to take online traffic school. So I'm curious about others' experiences as well.
Brett

Vada
09-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Earlier this year, headed south toward Costa Mesa, I crossed a double-yellow line into the diamond lane and got pulled over by a motorcycle cop. $400 later, I'm now going to sign up to take online traffic school. So I'm curious about others' experiences as well.
Brett
A little drunk were you?

Mrs.charitycase
09-08-2005, 10:40 AM
I bet you still learned something and the purpose was served...
mmmmm huh? LOL!!! I think I more learned my lesson by PAYING the ticket. LOL :D
I tried the bat the eyes thing..It worked more when I had my permit.LOL :notam:

Mrs. 4-B
09-08-2005, 10:48 AM
I thought Orange County would not let you take the traffic school on line? Has this changed?

Kilrtoy
09-08-2005, 02:06 PM
mmmmm huh? LOL!!! I think I more learned my lesson by PAYING the ticket. LOL :D
I tried the bat the eyes thing..It worked more when I had my permit.LOL :notam:
Cute girls never get off

TrojanDan
09-08-2005, 02:30 PM
I used www.cheapeasyonlinetrafficschool.com. I got a ticket going 85 on Rice Road last November. I took this class on line and it only took an hour or so. I recommend you do it while at work as it will not take away from your valuable TV time at home. :D
Seriously, there's about 5 or so parts to the the class with each part having about 3 sections. You take a quiz after each section to advance to the next and so on. If you answer the wrong question, it tells you and you pick the right answer in a pop up screen. Pretty lame sitting in an 8-hour class when you can do this in an hour or so.
Once you finish all the sections, you go to the nearest UPS Store, they verify your identity and they give you the final exam (about 15-20 bonehead questions). They grade it then fax it to the school. I was able to drive to Hollywood from Downtown LA take the test and be back all during lunch.

kevnmcd
09-08-2005, 02:30 PM
11 mph over this morning.
:hammerhea :wink:

Biglue
09-08-2005, 02:31 PM
We need topless traffic schools offered. Then it wouldn't be such a hassle.

slingingsmoke
09-08-2005, 02:32 PM
my wife's traffic school is due on 9/28. Thanks for the website!!! :D

Havasu_Dreamin
09-08-2005, 02:32 PM
I did it online two years ago. Forget the site I sued but it was fairly painless. You can just breeze throught each chapter and go straight to the test.

jrgaudettes
09-08-2005, 02:40 PM
Traffcschool.com - I did it two years ago and the wife helped took about two hours. Was a piece of cake. They sent my certificate of completion to my email and electronically send to court the following day.

slingingsmoke
09-08-2005, 02:44 PM
[QUOTE=TrojanDan]I used www.cheapeasyonlinetrafficschool.com.
Once you finish all the sections, you go to the nearest UPS Store, they verify your identity and they give you the final exam (about 15-20 bonehead questions). QUOTE]
your telling me that the people at the UPS store actually hand out the test and grade it for you>?

Mrs.charitycase
09-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Cute girls never get off
DAMMIT!...He even pulled over a kid on one of those gas powered scooters (we were on a country road)....His partner was like "hey get him get him... The MPH is between 35 and 55"..LMAO!! Poor little boy. He was all freaked out! Oh well..I DID learn my lesson this second time.

slingingsmoke
09-08-2005, 03:28 PM
DAMMIT!...He even pulled over a kid on one of those gas powered scooters (we were on a country road)....His partner was like "hey get him get him... The MPH is between 35 and 55"..LMAO!! Poor little boy. He was all freaked out! Oh well..I DID learn my lesson this second time.
If I pulled you over, I'd let you go!

***boateditor
09-08-2005, 03:36 PM
A little drunk were you?
Ha! I was a little too eager to move from the 6-mph lane and into the 60-mph lane. I don't drink. It tastes like poison to me, I'm sorry to say.

andy01
09-08-2005, 03:42 PM
http://www.besttrafficschool.com/
My wife had to do traffic school last year and did the all day Saturday deal and hated it. I did the link above shortly after she did her class. It took me about 3 hours or so to do it online.
The one above worked great for me.
Andy

Mrs.charitycase
09-08-2005, 03:46 PM
If I pulled you over, I'd let you go!
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Thanks!!! http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/images/smilies/05.gif

Jrocket
09-08-2005, 04:58 PM
The one I use online is easy,takes 30 minutes.The catch is there is a trick question in every section.You can go straight to the answers and take a chance,they dont let you fail.if you miss too many all you do is re-read the section,thats it.The trick question will be totally off the wall like...What color is mikes socks?Somewhere in the paragraphs of the section it will say Mike has blue socks...Tricky stuff like that to see if you have read it or not...30 minutes tops.

Brewzed
09-08-2005, 06:17 PM
Traffcschool.com - I did it two years ago and the wife helped took about two hours. Was a piece of cake. They sent my certificate of completion to my email and electronically send to court the following day.
I have used trafficschool.com twice and once for my wife. You can blow through the sections and it takes about 30 minutes. Each section has 10 T/F questions and I think there are 8-10 section if I remember correctly.