PDA

View Full Version : 2005 3/4 ton suburban lift ?'s

Chris Winn
09-08-2005, 10:19 AM
i have a 05 Sub with the 8.1, autoride and autotrac (tranfer case)
i want to get a lift with 35's, and i have talked to a few places and got some quotes, but they seem to be a bit high...
i was told to watch out for the fabtech kit due to ball joint problems, and the alny one that keeps factory geometry is the CST lift (6")
are there any shops that you guys can recomend, or any other lifts?
i do want to get this done right and nto end up with some cluge job, but i want to get a reasonable deal at the same time if possible.....
thanks,

Havasu Hangin'
09-08-2005, 10:32 AM
i have a 05 Sub with the 8.1, autoride and autotrac (tranfer case)
i want to get a lift with 35's, and i have talked to a few places and got some quotes, but they seem to be a bit high...
i was told to watch out for the fabtech kit due to ball joint problems, and the alny one that keeps factory geometry is the CST lift (6")
are there any shops that you guys can recomend, or any other lifts?
i do want to get this done right and nto end up with some cluge job, but i want to get a reasonable deal at the same time if possible.....
thanks,
I have the same truck ('04). I put the Fabtech 6" lift, with the CST shock mounts (to keep the stock shocks and Autoride).
Custom Motorsports in Corona did mine.

UnionJack
09-08-2005, 12:17 PM
I have the same truck ('04). I put the Fabtech 6" lift, with the CST shock mounts (to keep the stock shocks and Autoride).
Did gp$ hook you up with them?

Chris Winn
09-08-2005, 12:37 PM
i called custom motorsports, they wanted about 3200.00 for the install (CST) they told me that they will not recomend the fabteck lift due tot he ball joint problem (have you had any?)
plus they told me to keep the auotride they needed to fab the mounts for the shocks (at about 200-300more) :idea:
is the 3200.00 relistic, seems a bit high for the cost???
if so, then i guess that this my option...
how does the sub do with the atuoride shocks and 35's?

Havasu Hangin'
09-08-2005, 02:44 PM
i called custom motorsports, they wanted about 3200.00 for the install (CST) they told me that they will not recomend the fabteck lift due tot he ball joint problem (have you had any?)
plus they told me to keep the auotride they needed to fab the mounts for the shocks (at about 200-300more) :idea:
is the 3200.00 relistic, seems a bit high for the cost???
if so, then i guess that this my option...
how does the sub do with the atuoride shocks and 35's?
The full CST lift was not available when I got mine done. The Fabtech has been fine. They told me (at the time) that the only real difference in the two is the finish...who knows.
I wanted to keep the Autoride to help level the truck. In retrospect, those Autoride shocks don't really do much with how much tongue weight I have (I'm actually thinking about adding air bags). The stock shocks are OK...but they seem a little weak with the lift (sometimes the truck will "rock" a little).
If you are set on keeping the stock shocks, I'd ask them about the CST shock mounts. They didn't know they were available when I got mine done last summer either, until they called CST.
When I get home, I'll check on how much they charged me. If you want to check my lift out, send me a PM.

4DAY4PLAY
09-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Just lifted my wifes 05 3/4 ton sub, didnt want to go to big to be able to still park in garage, and to allow her to get in and out easily, i went with with the CST 4 1/2" spindle lift, which allowed me to keep the autoride, and still ride like stock.(the tires do stick out about an 2" farther in front like all spindle lifts. the dealership also said it would not void any warrantys(who knows if thats true though.). I didnt do 35's, not sure if thell fit, went with 33's and 17" wheels, looks pretty good. I will try to post some pics. My hook up is in Orange did the lift, parts and install for $1000....let me know if you thier #.

Chris Winn
09-08-2005, 06:04 PM
The full CST lift was not available when I got mine done. The Fabtech has been fine. They told me (at the time) that the only real difference in the two is the finish...who knows.
I wanted to keep the Autoride to help level the truck. In retrospect, those Autoride shocks don't really do much with how much tongue weight I have (I'm actually thinking about adding air bags). The stock shocks are OK...but they seem a little weak with the lift (sometimes the truck will "rock" a little).
If you are set on keeping the stock shocks, I'd ask them about the CST shock mounts. They didn't know they were available when I got mine done last summer either, until they called CST.
When I get home, I'll check on how much they charged me. If you want to check my lift out, send me a PM.
i would love to know what they charged, i will send ya a PM

Chris Winn
09-08-2005, 06:05 PM
Just lifted my wifes 05 3/4 ton sub, didnt want to go to big to be able to still park in garage, and to allow her to get in and out easily, i went with with the CST 4 1/2" spindle lift, which allowed me to keep the autoride, and still ride like stock.(the tires do stick out about an 2" farther in front like all spindle lifts. the dealership also said it would not void any warrantys(who knows if thats true though.). I didnt do 35's, not sure if thell fit, went with 33's and 17" wheels, looks pretty good. I will try to post some pics. My hook up is in Orange did the lift, parts and install for $1000....let me know if you thier #.
can you please provide theri # , that might be an option as this is my wife Sub and she just wants to haev hers different than all of the others out there.
thanks
chris

Havasu Hangin'
09-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally, they wanted $2,500 ($2,000 + $500 labor) for the CST. Since I went with the Fabtech lift and CST shock mounts, they credited me $200, so the total with tax and labor was $2,455.92.
When I went in for the re-torque and new tires a year later, the alignment is still good.
With the 6" lift and 33's, I can't get in the garage (even with a roll-up door) unless I take the roof rack crossbars off- it's real close.
Chris- I left a message on your cell.

Cole Sanger
09-09-2005, 01:15 AM
My friend has the fabtech 6in lift on his Suburban w/35's. He has broken 3 of his half shafts. Fabtech kept telling him that he needed a part (not sure what it was called). So they were cool and sent him it. He put it on and broke another one a week later. We looked at it and figured out that it needed a spacer. Had a machine shop make him a 1 1/2 in spacer and it has been fine ever since. My Suburban has a Superlift 6in lift and 35's and I have never had a problem. My lift is completely different than his. Way stronger and engineered for the application. I think that fabtech should stick to what they know best....2wd lift kits.

02HoWaRd26
09-24-2005, 10:53 AM
Fabtech does not even know 2wd they are a joke. bolt on and hope it works lift

sigepmock
09-24-2005, 11:15 AM
Give Jason at Rancho Motorsports a call (909) 390-9722. He will give you the straight answer and hook you up if you decide to buy from him. Tell him you're from Hot Boat. He's lifted two of my trucks and done a great job. I'm a huge CST fan and not a big fan of Fabtech. Jason would know what's best for your needs.
Good Luck,
Chris Mock

Reaper1
09-24-2005, 02:31 PM
Give Jason at Rancho Motorsports a call (909) 390-9722. He will give you the straight answer and hook you up if you decide to buy from him. Tell him you're from Hot Boat. He's lifted two of my trucks and done a great job. I'm a huge CST fan and not a big fan of Fabtech. Jason would know what's best for your needs.
Good Luck,
Chris Mock
Yes, call Jason. He lifted my truck too. :cool:

tahitijet
09-24-2005, 08:31 PM
i'll agree stay away from fab-tech and anything taht 4 wheel parts sales for that matter.. I've said it before on here i fixed so many 4 wheel part lift kits it's unreal.
We sale and install cognito lifts I feel it's the best thing going right now.. CST and RCD make really good lifts as well but if it were my money it'd be on a cognito lift.

02HoWaRd26
09-30-2005, 09:24 AM
i'll agree stay away from fab-tech and anything taht 4 wheel parts sales for that matter.. I've said it before on here i fixed so many 4 wheel part lift kits it's unreal.
We sale and install cognito lifts I feel it's the best thing going right now.. CST and RCD make really good lifts as well but if it were my money it'd be on a cognito lift.
SO you deal with Justin alot, where is it you work. Offroad magazine is doing a photoshoot next month with my truck for cognito I guess it should be like a full feature article.

tahitijet
09-30-2005, 04:56 PM
SO you deal with Justin alot, where is it you work. Offroad magazine is doing a photoshoot next month with my truck for cognito I guess it should be like a full feature article.
Yes i deal with Justin quite a bit.. He is a good guy who does what he says when he says he will which is very hard to find in the lift kit industry anymore and he just happens to build quite possibly the best lift in the industry.
I own a shop in Fresno called Fab-Worx. Mainly specilizing in air ride, custom frames and full buids on trucks, but I get invovled in just about anything custom.