PDA

View Full Version : Have You Seen This Boat !!! Help

wright27
09-08-2005, 04:07 PM
please help!!! I am looking for this boat. My Father and I built this boat years and years ago. The reason I want this boat is because it is one the best memories I had with my dad, he has passed away and I would love to find this boat and possible have the chance to buy it back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It is a Dimarco t-deck. I have never even seen one like it, many of v-drives but never a jet.
(LAST KNOWN OWNER WAS IN TEXAS)
http://www.geocities.com/lastchild13/JBoat.jpg

sdba069
09-08-2005, 08:51 PM
How long ago in Texas, and where? Looks very familiar. Ford motor???

moneysucker
09-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Good luck. I hope you do find it.

wright27
09-09-2005, 06:02 AM
It was mabey 12 years ago,or mabey even more. this may be a shot in the dark but any help I can get I appreciate. thanks for responding.

wright27
09-09-2005, 09:16 AM
When the boat was sold by us it had a 460. Also I have a 73 18ft southwind with a 454 , the boat has a jacuzzi pump. I wanted to know how hard or possible it would be to put in a berkley. I have never set a pump so any answers would be great.

Hustler
09-09-2005, 10:10 AM
What kind of Jacuzzi? YJ or WJ?

riverbound
09-09-2005, 10:13 AM
Good luck on finding it...That is one of my greatest fears of selling my Spectra, is not being able to get it back :frown:

wright27
09-09-2005, 10:52 AM
It is a wj, the pump shoots hard compared to my old challenger with a jacuzzi. I do not know if anything has been done to it or not. I do know my 76 southwind with my berkley was alot faster in everyway.

wright27
09-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Still Looking. Help. Someone In Texas Has To Know Something About This Boat.

Greaser
09-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Still Looking. Help. Someone In Texas Has To Know Something About This Boat.
Do you have any pics with the #'s on it. You could try to trace it that way.
Just a thought

wright27
09-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Do you have any pics with the #'s on it. You could try to trace it that way.
Just a thought
I wish I did. I tried to play with this photo to get the haul number off the back,but the pic got to distorted.

berk
09-10-2005, 09:41 PM
just buy one slightly better than it, close counts in boats. it the experience and memories that count.....

wright27
09-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Excatly. My Experience And Memories With This Boat And My Dad Make This Boat The Most Important.i Was 12 When We Started This Boat, My First Boat Build. Now I Am 32 And Can Afford To Buy It Back (hopefully). I Have Two Other Boats, But Finding This One Is A Mission, And I Won't Give Up Till I Find It, Even If The Person Who Has It Won't Sell It At This Time Hopefully One Day It Will Be Mine. Thanks For All The Veiwing And Comments, I Really Really Appreciate It. Someone Out There Has My Answer.

vdrivenman
09-11-2005, 11:12 AM
do you have the HIN number? if so and you think it is Texas cntact parks & wildlife enforcement division and ask them to run a registration check on the HIN.
it may show up as to who it is, or was last registered to.
you may have to make the request in writing and pay a fee,but it might be worth it !

sdba069
09-11-2005, 09:01 PM
TDPW charges $1 to pull up that info. If you like email me the numbers and I'll attempt to trace them for you. snowman069@hotmail.com

rerfert
09-11-2005, 09:32 PM
do you have the HIN number? if so and you think it is Texas cntact parks & wildlife enforcement division and ask them to run a registration check on the HIN.
it may show up as to who it is, or was last registered to.
you may have to make the request in writing and pay a fee,but it might be worth it !
Is there anyway that he could just go to the Texas cntact parks & wildlife enforcement division with his fathers name and see if they still have a file with anything in it??
Also check with other family or friends for other pictures??
Good luck in the quest.

ONAROLL
09-12-2005, 06:47 PM
if your father ever had a lien against it you can try his old bank, they would have recorded the HIN# but be warned this kind of information is hard to extract from todays banks with the security policies they have in place but it can be done with a little finesse and your family photo album, Vic....... :idea:

PUMP 'HER'
09-14-2005, 06:49 PM
You may want to look/ask around at Texas Hot Boats (http://texas***boats.com/forums/index.php)

PUMP 'HER'
09-14-2005, 07:13 PM
Never mind, I see your already there.

wright27
03-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Just bringing this back to the top. It is warming up and people are hitting the lake again. I know it is a long shot, but got to try. I would even like to find anyother dimarco t-deck jet if anyone has one for sale.

Devilman
03-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Another angle is the TX numbers. If you have the TX numbers, the Texas Parks & Wildlife will tell you the name/address of the last registered owner for $2.00. I did that on a boat recently, in an attempt to get in contact with the owner... May give you a place to start anyway.... :cool:

Captain Assin' Off
03-24-2006, 10:55 PM
My Hondo Tee Deck had a So Similar 80's paint job on it, and one day, the paint got a big scrape on it, and revealed the underlying Gelcoat. I got 50 gallons of Acetone, soaked bath towels in it, laid them on it, and peeled the paint off, to reveal the original Yellow/ White theme. Be sure to find out the history. Ive got pictures of my boat that would blow your mind in similarity. Good luck. my boat is not your however. Mine had some orange in it. Hunt for pictures on the way!