PDA

View Full Version : Red Cross kept out of Superdome By Peoples Republic of Lousianiastan

Steve 1
09-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Update: Red Cross Says "We Were Kept From Superdome By State"
September 7, 2005 7:01 p.m. EST
Douglas Maher - All Headline News Staff Reporter
Washington, D.C. (AHN) - A report on Fox News from correspondent Major Garrett Wednesday night reveals a major break into what exactly went wrong at the Louisiana Superdome in the days after Hurricane Katrina struck the city.
An American Red Cross representative tells Fox News that the Louisiana State Homeland Security Department refused the relief organization permission to take food and water to the Superdome because they did not want to "encourage people to go there."
They State office of Homeland Security wanted to get people out and were afraid that providing support would be a "magnet" attracting more displaced citizens of New Orleans.
Stay with All Headline News for more on this developing aspect of the Hurricane Katrina Relief.

Forkin' Crazy
09-08-2005, 07:41 PM
I have a good friend that is in the National Guard. He has been at the S Dome since before the storm. You really don't want to know what has taken place there. My other friends and I have been in touch with him some. Unbelievable is the only words I can say. And I wish that I didn't know now. All I can do is to tell you to pray for the children, for they are the real tragedy in this catastrophe.

SmokinLowriderSS
09-08-2005, 08:01 PM
Interesting Steve1, quite interesting. The list of Louisiana state foul ups just keeps growing & growing, Like Jack's beanstalk.

Forkin' Crazy
09-08-2005, 09:41 PM
Interesting Steve1, quite interesting. The list of Louisiana state foul ups just keeps growing & growing, Like Jack's beanstalk.
Man, you wouldn't believe it. If a Louisiana politician that it actually says he/she cares for the people here, they are lying. Gov Edwards is in prison.... the list goes on and on. Pitiful, just pitiful is what it is... :angry2:

SmokinLowriderSS
09-09-2005, 05:56 PM
At least THIS story is starting to make a LITTLE headway in the media (No, CNN has kept ignoring it, as has the NY papers of course).

HighRoller
09-09-2005, 08:48 PM
Adding to the list, a ship with 500 beds, 5 operating rooms and watermaking capacity of 60,000 gallons a day offered to dock at New Orleans after the storm and was told to "wait until the paperwork could be processed by state officials". In the meantime, Mississippi took the ship in and accepted the help. DOH :jawdrop:

SmokinLowriderSS
09-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Adding to the list, a ship with 500 beds, 5 operating rooms and watermaking capacity of 60,000 gallons a day offered to dock at New Orleans after the storm and was told to "wait until the paperwork could be processed by state officials". In the meantime, Mississippi took the ship in and accepted the help. DOH :jawdrop:
Figures. Competence vs. INcompetence. The smart response was "Sure, come on in, GREAT to see you, we'll process the paperwork DOCKSIDE in the next day or 2".
Incedentally, THAT would most likely be the USNS COMFORT, the hospital ship the whiners have been crying about since Wednesday aftert the storm not being in NO yet.
Mercy Class Hospital Ship:
Laid down, 1 May 1975, as Rose City a Maritime Commission type (T8-S-100b) tanker hull, under Maritime Administration contract (MA hull 301) at National Steel and Shipbuilding Co., San Diego, CA.
Launched and Delivered, 1 February 1976
Converted to a Hospital Ship at National Steel and Shipbuilding, at San Diego, CA
Placed in service as USNS Comfort (T-AH-20), 1 February 1987
Comfort is one of two Hospital Ships and is part of the Naval Fleet Auxiliary Force, maintained in Reduced Operational Status (ROS-5) at a layberth in Baltimore, MD.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Specifications:
Displacement 69,360 t.(fl)
Length 894'
Beam 105' 6"
Speed 17.5 kts.
Complement MSC 63 civilian, Naval Hospital Staff 956, Naval Support Staff 258
Patient capacity 1000 beds
Propulsion two boilers, two GE turbines, one shaft, 24,500hp (18.3MS)
Seems she stays in Baltimore Md Harbor when not cruizing and is maxed out at 17+ knots (1 nautical mph + roughly 1.1 regular mph so 19MPH). Hmmm Dispatched from Baltimore at a speed of 456 miles A DAY. How far it it to N.O. again from Washington area?

Steve 1
09-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Man got to get these rats out and hire ex Military and business men to run the place..

SmokinLowriderSS
09-10-2005, 04:16 PM
I'd just dearly LOVE to see them both "Grey'd (Recalled like Davis of Cali). I wonder if there are enough good and smart folks in the rest of the state to out-vote the New Orleans Lib-den tho. :(

SmokinLowriderSS
09-10-2005, 04:17 PM
'Course, I'd rather see them up on charges related to Negligent Homocide and Involuntary Manslaughter. :idea:

Steve 1
09-10-2005, 04:21 PM
'Course, I'd rather see them up on charges related to Negligent Homocide and Involuntary Manslaughter. :idea:
Same here!

kahanamoko
09-11-2005, 04:08 AM
Man, you wouldn't believe it. If a Louisiana politician that it actually says he/she cares for the people here, they are lying. Gov Edwards is in prison.... the list goes on and on. Pitiful, just pitiful is what it is... :angry2:
I thought it was the republicans that always argue that state and local community governments do a better job of protecting their citizens than the evil, overly broad federal government. You guys need to pick and point of view and stick with it and stop changing your position whenever it suits your particular argument. Or, whenever it serves to defend your stupid, hopeless elected official (BUSH).

Steve 1
09-11-2005, 05:56 AM
Irreverent Whack job alert!!!!!!!!

SmokinLowriderSS
09-11-2005, 05:39 PM
I thought it was the republicans that always argue that state and local community governments do a better job of protecting their citizens than the evil, overly broad federal government. You guys need to pick and point of view and stick with it and stop changing your position whenever it suits your particular argument. Or, whenever it serves to defend your stupid, hopeless elected official (BUSH).
Show me just where I changed my position Kahan. Try it, because I haven't. I will wait a few days for what will never come.
It is the local govt and states DUTY (accordign to the constitution) to protect their citizenry. It is the DUTY of the FEDS to protect the STATES GOVERNMENTS THEMSELVES.
The state and city are responsible for this mess. the state and city screwed up BIG TIME. Even with a paperwork-pushing FEMA person who should never have been a field rep on-scene (yes, I have learned new info from my NCO's this weekend about this as well), if the city and state had COMPETENT LEADERSHIP, the mess would have been much better, FAR better. They could have overcome Brown's poor judgement. What about LEMA, the Louisiana branch of FEMA? Where have THEY been? Had the city actually TRIED to evacuate the city, many less thugs & idiots left behind. Had the STATE actually ordered a REAL MANDATORY, FORCED evacuation (instead of "run if you can, if you can't, hide in the dome or at home"), the mess would have been far smaller.
I have said this same thing for 2 weeks now. Look it up. :devil:

steelcomp
09-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Hey, who let shit-for-brains out of Leavenworth? I heard you got busted for banging your CO's 14 year old daughter. Or was it your own little sister?
Go away, lawyer. No one's changed their mind. It is the local and state's job to take care of these things, and this was the absolute deadliest and worst example of failed liberal government, policies, and socioeconomics in history, and will go down as such. This is undeniable for anyone who wants to see things as they are, and not try and throw distractions by pointing the finger of blame. The way the Liberal Democrats have politicized this whole affair, right from the get go, while we were still looking for survivors, while rescue efforts were just getting under way, with people's bodies still lying in the streets, is the most disgusting and despicable political behavior ever imaginable, and for anyone to defend what has gone on with the libs, or the lib media, is just as disgusting. The responsibility and blame, if one needs to point out such, clearly lies on the local and state government, and the information supporting that is, mounting, adn incriminating. IMO, the mayor and governor should be in jail. Pitiful lot, I tell ya.
But the poor black minority's best friend! :rolleyes:

steelcomp
09-11-2005, 06:45 PM
Show me just where I changed my position Kahan. Try it, because I haven't. I will wait a few days for what will never come.
It is the local govt and states DUTY (accordign to the constitution) to protect their citizenry. It is the DUTY of the FEDS to protect the STATES GOVERNMENTS THEMSELVES.
The state and city are responsible for this mess. the state and city screwed up BIG TIME. Even with a paperwork-pushing FEMA person who should never have been a field rep on-scene (yes, I have learned new info from my NCO's this weekend about this as well), if the city and state had COMPETENT LEADERSHIP, the mess would have been much better, FAR better. They could have overcome Brown's poor judgement. What about LEMA, the Louisiana branch of FEMA? Where have THEY been? Had the city actually TRIED to evacuate the city, many less thugs & idiots left behind. Had the STATE actually ordered a REAL MANDATORY, FORCED evacuation (instead of "run if you can, if you can't, hide in the dome or at home"), the mess would have been far smaller.
I have said this same thing for 2 weeks now. Look it up. :devil:
Who was it that decided to fedaralize FEMA anyway??? Hmmmm?

Seadog
09-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Kookamoron has nailed it without knowing what he has said. The dumocrats have deliberately failed to do their duty at the state and local level in order to push there national agenda of bigger federal government. And you have to admire how they did it. They managed to divert millions in federal aid money into their own political warchests, and then to ignore the federal attempts to save lives. It is so twisted as to be a perfect bollywood plot.

HighRoller
09-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Wow, I think we've been here before. The same liberals who prevented our intelligence agencies from sharing information about the 9-11 highjackers then turned around and had the nerve to blame Bush instead of the terrorists.
Now, instead of blaming the hurricane, loser libs and sour Dems are hoping to make political hay by blaming Bush again. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU RELY ON GOVERNMENT TO PROVIDE FOR YOU!!! IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT'S A DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN IN OFFICE. IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER , LOOK IN THE MIRROR!!! :mad:

Forkin' Crazy
09-11-2005, 06:59 PM
So you tell me when I changed position??? WTF?

kahanamoko
09-12-2005, 12:31 AM
Hey, who let shit-for-brains out of Leavenworth? I heard you got busted for banging your CO's 14 year old daughter. Or was it your own little sister?
Go away, lawyer. No one's changed their mind. It is the local and state's job to take care of these things, and this was the absolute deadliest and worst example of failed liberal government, policies, and socioeconomics in history, and will go down as such. This is undeniable for anyone who wants to see things as they are, and not try and throw distractions by pointing the finger of blame. The way the Liberal Democrats have politicized this whole affair, right from the get go, while we were still looking for survivors, while rescue efforts were just getting under way, with people's bodies still lying in the streets, is the most disgusting and despicable political behavior ever imaginable, and for anyone to defend what has gone on with the libs, or the lib media, is just as disgusting. The responsibility and blame, if one needs to point out such, clearly lies on the local and state government, and the information supporting that is, mounting, adn incriminating. IMO, the mayor and governor should be in jail. Pitiful lot, I tell ya.
But the poor black minority's best friend! :rolleyes:
Watch the news. Listen to the Radio. TV. Read a newspaper or magazine. You, my goose-stepping fascists friend, are in the minority. Most educated people recognize the failure of the feds in this mess. Plus the states. But if we should rely on the federal gov't for anything at all, shouldn't it be for safety from catastrophes? Hey, in fact, isn't that what Bush and the republicans PROMISED us after 09/11? Nothing like failing on a promise to lose the next election. "Read my lips", no republican president in 2008.

Forkin' Crazy
09-12-2005, 06:10 AM
You are dreaming, kookamunga.
I listen to the radio, news, and really don't believe all the liberal Gannett news has to say.
We are the majority. Sometimes the truth hurts, unless you are kookamunga and are in denial. :idea:

bigq
09-12-2005, 07:26 AM
Watch the news. Listen to the Radio. TV. Read a newspaper or magazine. You, my goose-stepping fascists friend, are in the minority. Most educated people recognize the failure of the feds in this mess. Plus the states. But if we should rely on the federal gov't for anything at all, shouldn't it be for safety from catastrophes? Hey, in fact, isn't that what Bush and the republicans PROMISED us after 09/11? Nothing like failing on a promise to lose the next election. "Read my lips", no republican president in 2008.
National security and natural disasters are two different animals.

steelcomp
09-12-2005, 08:27 AM
Who's the goose stepping idiot here?
Your "TV and Radio" polls show that 85% of the American people aren't buying anything about the blame game, and think it's disgusting how the left has politicized all this in such a time of need. Typical that you'd still be hangin on though. Step...step...step...good boy. :sleeping:
No republican pres. in '08? Yeah, right. You dems are self destructing right before our eyes. You have nothing to offer, and the people are starting to finally wake up to the last 60 yrs. of your failed policies and politics.
Where were the dems in Louisiana? Where were the poor balck's best friends? Black mayor, democratic rule for 60 years in that whole region. Where have they been for their poor black constituent? New Orleans was a cesspool, and it was kept that way. Those poor ol' black folk down there, were kept down there. They were set up, and abandoned by the very politicians that have been promising them for 60 years that they were their best friend, and they better look out for that damn republican...why, he just might get you to think for yourself, and become self sufficient, and we couldn't have that!! :crossx:

SmokinLowriderSS
09-12-2005, 03:39 PM
Who was it that decided to fedaralize FEMA anyway??? Hmmmm?
FEMA IS a federal agewncy, as such it has never been "federalized" by anyone.
FEMA was CREATED by the Nixon Administration and modified by executive orders by folowing presidents.
FEMA, which stands for the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Originally conceived in the Richard Nixon Administration, it was refined by President Jimmy Carter and given teeth in the Ronald Reagan and George Bush Administrations.
FEMA had one original concept when it was created, to assure the survivability of the United States government in the event of a nuclear attack on this nation. It was also provided with the task of being a federal coordinating body during times of domestic disasters, such as earthquakes, floods and hurricanes.

SmokinLowriderSS
09-12-2005, 03:47 PM
You're probably one of those "nuke the hurricane to destroy it" idiots to aren't ya? Just how is the FED govt going to "protect" you from weather that cannot be stopped when it is THE STATES JOB to protect you?
You made me pull out the constitution now ... VERBATIM:
US Bill of Rights, "Article of the twelfth .... The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Poster X
09-12-2005, 03:57 PM
FEMA IS a federal agewncy, as such it has never been "federalized" by anyone.
"The federalization of FEMA" whether correct or incorrect phonetically refers to it's dismantling and being put under the control of Homeland Security. I've seen several articles that referred to it exactly that way. Maybe you need to grab your copy of Microsoft Word and get over to the AP right away?

SmokinLowriderSS
09-12-2005, 04:47 PM
No, maybe AP should pay some attention to GETTING DETAILS RIGHT.