PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to GT

INSman
09-08-2005, 06:16 PM
Very nice article on our very own HB member (Gary Taylor), and the wonderful engines he builds in the latest issue of Powerboat !! :D

INSman
09-09-2005, 11:23 AM
why yes, yes they do ... ;)

Havasu Hangin'
09-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Congrats, Gary.
:D

TPI
09-09-2005, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the compliment. I am pleased to have gotten the chance to "tell my story". It seems to have had a positive impact on my fellow "Hot Boaters", and has opened up a few new doors.

Jordy
09-10-2005, 06:33 AM
Very nice article Gary. You thought you had more than you knew what to do with before... :D :D :D
Congratulations. ;)
Jordy :D

Vada
09-10-2005, 06:34 AM
Hey Jordy :wink:

bigkatboat
09-10-2005, 09:05 PM
I'll have to look at that "Teague infested" magazine, and see what you are doing. Gary, can you build a couple of motors for a 35' V- drive cat?

MagicMtnDan
09-10-2005, 09:08 PM
GT is a great guy, an honest man and he knows what he's doing. Someday I hope to buy a motor or two from him :)

TPI
09-11-2005, 04:55 AM
BK, I will be in Havasu Oct 3-6 to test the Howard Sportdeck/700 with Hot Boat Mag. Maybe we can meet over at the nautical? I will have my 28' Orange pumpkin there. Others,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Pretty cool of you guys to read the article and post positive comments about it. I will say, the magazine publications I have been in contact wth, have been very generous.
Building Performance EFI Marine engines is not the long term goal for TPI. But I sure do enjoy it. It is a challenge to exceed a customers expectatons on the way that their motor performs and looks, especially after they pay SO MUCH MONEY for a complete efi package. But that is my current goal. With a good customer interview, prior to their engine purchase, I try to find out what they expect their new motor to do for them. Some guys can be a bit unrealistic(joking) MOST guys are unrealistic, and thats where the information/education part comes into play, and that takes a while to get across sometimes. Sometimes it kills the sale. But it is the same reason that 100% of my customers with Whipple Supercharger upgrades, and TPI motors are happy.
Long Term goal for TPI?= I want to come up with a low liability product that will help the Performance Boating community.(LMAO) I know, I know, me and everyone else right? Hopefully there will be something?????????In the mean time, Business as usual.................Thanks again guys.

shadow
09-11-2005, 06:00 AM
BK, I will be in Havasu Oct 3-6 to test the Howard Sportdeck/700 with Hot Boat Mag. Maybe we can meet over at the nautical? I will have my 28' Orange pumpkin there. Others,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Pretty cool of you guys to read the article and post posive comments about it. I will say, the magazine publications I have been in contact wth, have been very generous.
Building Performance EFI Marine engines is not the long term goal for TPI. But I sure do enjoy it. It is a challenge to exceed a customers expectatons on the way that their motor performs and looks, especially after they pay SO MUCH MONEY for a complete efi package. But that is my current goal. With a good customer interview, prior to their engine purchase, I try to find out what they expect their new motor to do for them. Some guys can be a bit unrealistic(joking) MOST guys are unrealistic, and thats where the information/education part comes into play, and that takes a while to get across sometimes. Sometimes it kills the sale. But it is the same reason that 100% of my customers with Whipple Supercharger upgrades, and TPI motors are happy.
Long Term goal for TPI?= I want to come up with a low liability product that will help the Performance Boating community.(LMAO) I know, I know, me and everyone else right? Hopefully there will be something?????????In the mean time, Business as usual.................Thanks again guys.
Congrats on your success!Have heard nothing but good coming from GT.
Wouldn't mind checking out that Sportdeck in person when you are in town.

INSman
09-11-2005, 08:47 AM
BK, I will be in Havasu Oct 3-6 to test the Howard Sportdeck/700 with Hot Boat Mag. Maybe we can meet over at the nautical? I will have my 28' Orange pumpkin there. Others,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Pretty cool of you guys to read the article and post positive comments about it. I will say, the magazine publications I have been in contact wth, have been very generous.
How about a ride in the sportdeck and the pumpkin ??? :wink:

TPI
09-11-2005, 10:31 AM
I will be out there to support Howard and their deckboat, and of course my 700, but I think any rides would have to be given after the test and by the new owner of the boat. I know he has about 12 hrs on it already. Regarding the pumpkin.....................Why would anyone want to go for a ride in a 28 v with a single motor? :sleeping:

Froggystyle
09-11-2005, 12:52 PM
Why would anyone want to go for a ride in a 28 v with a single motor? :sleeping:
Because being yours it is likely rigged beautifully and bad ass!
(I'll take a ride sometime...)

lunchbox
09-11-2005, 01:13 PM
good for you gary. i am on my way to go buy powerboat right now. i haven't had a copy of that mag in my house since we went to castaic with that other orange boat you put together. best of luck. mikey

INSman
09-11-2005, 01:22 PM
I will be out there to support Howard and their deckboat, and of course my 700, but I think any rides would have to be given after the test and by the new owner of the boat. I know he has about 12 hrs on it already. Regarding the pumpkin.....................Why would anyone want to go for a ride in a 28 v with a single motor? :sleeping:
Because it the fastest damn pumpkin around !!!!! :p
Maybe my new motors will be in by then and you can drive my boat to give me your unbiased professional opinion !!??!! :messedup: :D

TPI
09-11-2005, 02:47 PM
I am sad two say I have never driven a boat with two engines in it. Dont laugh, I just have always had my hands full with one. :D Blane, if you tell me how your boat runs, I will believe you.
That will probably be our last trip on that boat for the year. I still would like to put some boost to it once, and see what its capable of.

INSman
09-11-2005, 03:56 PM
I am sad two say I have never driven a boat with two engines in it. Dont laugh, I just have always had my hands full with one. :D Blane, if you tell me how your boat runs, I will believe you.
That will probably be our last trip on that boat for the year. I still would like to put some boost to it once, and see what its capable of.
Git-R-Done on the boost and I'll be happy to ride shotgun !!!! :2purples: :D

lunchbox
09-11-2005, 10:50 PM
September issue?

TPI
09-12-2005, 05:13 AM
I think it's October/November combined.