PDA

View Full Version : Don't even try to cause a problem on an airplane in the US - we've learned our lesson

MagicMtnDan
09-08-2005, 06:20 PM
DENVER - A man who hit a Frontier Airlines flight attendant and swore at her before being subdued by other passengers and duct-taped into submission was charged Wednesday with interfering with a flight crew.
Jason Glen Tervort, 26, struck a female flight attendant, yelled profanities, spit at and bit other passengers while on a Tuesday evening flight from Houston to Denver, according to a complaint filed by the FBI.
Tervort, who Denver police said had been recently discharged from the U.S. military, could face up to 20 years in prison if convicted.
According to the FBI complaint filed in federal court in Denver, Tervort walked “aggressively” up the center aisle of the airplane and declared, “Ladies and gentlemen, I have an announcement to make. My name is Jason.”
When directed by a flight attendant to return to his seat, Tervort began pushing and poking the woman in the chest and shoulder while saying “I’m a man!,” the complaint said.
Several men on the flight, which had 39 passengers, stood up to restrain Tervort in an apparently violent encounter in which several other passengers were forced from their seats, according to the complaint.
When Denver police boarded the plane on the arrival of Flight 147, they found Tervort face down at the rear of the airplane with a pool of blood and saliva near his head. His arms and legs had been bound by duct tape.
Denver police Detective Virginia Lopez said none of the passengers who physically intervened to subdue Tervort would be charged with a crime since none struck him after he was restrained.

ECeptor
09-08-2005, 06:35 PM
About a year ago on a flight from East Moline to Chicago we had a fruit loop who was "pacing" up and down the isle. He talked to the flight attendant for a little bit that sat in an empty seat on the front row. The flight was only about 1/4 full, but about 6 of us guys all moved toward the front and in the center isle and let the flight attendant know all she had to say was "now!" That dude had all of us freaked out....and we were met at the gate by security who whisked him away!
Good for those people on that flight for doing the right thing!

Miss Perfect
09-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Yet another use for duct tape!

***boateditor
09-08-2005, 06:48 PM
About a year ago on a flight from East Moline to Chicago we had a fruit loop who was "pacing" up and down the isle. He talked to the flight attendant for a little bit that sat in an empty seat on the front row. The flight was only about 1/4 full, but about 6 of us guys all moved toward the front and in the center isle and let the flight attendant know all she had to say was "now!" That dude had all of us freaked out....and we were met at the gate by security who whisked him away!
Good for those people on that flight for doing the right thing!
Great story. Thanks for posting this.

Forkin' Crazy
09-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Awesome!!!!
But do really think that he was not beaten while he was restrained?
Oh well, who cares?!!! :crossx:

Kilrtoy
09-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Yet another use for duct tape!
Dont let SYA hear that

Tom Brown
09-08-2005, 08:17 PM
I remember ordering a clamato juice on an Air Canada flight. It turned out to be Motts extra spicey and it really gave me the shits. :(

Rod-64
09-08-2005, 08:51 PM
I remember ordering a clamato juice on an Air Canada flight. It turned out to be Motts extra spicey and it really gave me the shits. :(
So YOU'RE the one who turned the blue water brown! :yuk:

Moneypitt
09-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Why do you suppose there was duct tape on an airplane? Maybe to fix the wing, or patch up the windshield. Where did they get the duct tape?......MP