PDA

View Full Version : Anybody need help with their boat? (pentance thread)

Poster X
09-08-2005, 07:04 PM
I can drive. Not much on physical labor but I'm real good at finding thieving rip-off's to do most of my work. I can back a trailer and wouldn't know the right prop if it jumped out of Seadogs giant mouth. I'm terrible at removing spider shit too, so don't even ask. I'll take questions for 30 minutes. No charge. :D

Poster X
09-08-2005, 07:18 PM
How embarrassment. Nobody wants to play with me anymore. :eek:
Misspelling for the benefit of my personal spellchecker guy.

Poster X
09-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Your grammer AIN"T up to snuff either.
Rio
Ain"t is s'pose to be ain't. Don't get your panties in a wad. This is a help thread.
;)

Havasu Hangin'
09-08-2005, 07:30 PM
How embarrassment. Nobody wants to play with me anymore. :eek:
Misspelling for the benefit of my personal spellchecker guy.
Maybe they are waiting for you to lose the sandles, shave the beard, cut the ponytail, and lose some weight.
http://us.ent4.yimg.com/tv.yahoo.com/images/he/photo/tv_pix/fox/the_simpsons/hank_azaria/char_comicbook.jpg

Poster X
09-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Dang. I worked hard on that pic but it wouldn't let me post it. What shame!!! It was probably the best photoshop ever? :cry:

Havasu Hangin'
09-08-2005, 07:46 PM
Perhaps your blanket of anonymity is wearing a little thin.
:notam:

Poster X
09-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Perhaps your blanket of anonymity is wearing a little thin.:notam:
Naw...couldn't be that? I have to run. The warden is pretty stern about lights out. :)

Havasu Hangin'
09-08-2005, 07:52 PM
WORST.......................POST.................. .....EVER!
If you guys ever want to know what he looks like- there he is. OK...maybe a little older (50's), though...
...we'll call him "Mr. Sensitive Ponytail Man".
:notam:

Poster X
09-08-2005, 07:56 PM
This I gotta see. Really, go ahead.

uvindex
09-08-2005, 08:02 PM
Say, did you ever post a link to the article you said you were writing about the happy ***boat community for the June '05 issue of Texas Monthly? :)

Poster X
09-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Yup. Actually it was about boating forums on the internet in general. I did not mention you by name. I used Texas boating forums. All two of them. ;)

Poster X
09-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Yup. Actually it was about boating forums on the internet in general. I did not mention you by name. I used Texas boating forums. All two of them. ;)
Wasn't June neither? Did I say June or early Summer?

uvindex
09-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Yup. Actually it was about boating forums on the internet in general. I did not mention you by name. I used Texas boating forums. All two of them. ;)Would you please be so kind as to repost the link here for us? :) (Your original post said June '05.)

Poster X
09-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Texas Monthly does not publish arbitrary links to it's property. You can join (I think it's free?) and search their archives. http://www.texasmonthly.com/

uvindex
09-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Texas Monthly does not publish arbitrary links to it's property. You can join (I think it's free?) and search their archives. http://www.texasmonthly.com/You said you had posted a link, yet now it has become an exercise left to the reader? :) Would you please at least provide the title and month of the article?

Poster X
09-08-2005, 08:21 PM
If you want to harrass me do it on the boards. I would recommend you NOT try and contact any of my employers. Get off your lazy ass and do a search. The point you are trying to make is obvious but poorly thought out. I've written intermittently for them for over 18 years. Since y'all like Southern death so much... if you are as smart as you would like people here to think, I also wrote for a very large newspaper in Mississippi for years. Those you may be able to steal and republish here. If you steal from Texas Monthly it could get ugly. You are welcome to read it or any others you can find. I don't recommend you republish them here. Writing is not a big deal and certainly nothing to brag about. On average a writer makes about 30-35k. If freelance much less. I only do it for fun anymore. I also do graphic work for them. Impressed?

MagicMtnDan
09-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Did you say something?
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/672Shitbag.jpg

Poster X
09-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Did you say something?
Awww :D
You played with your photoshop while thinking about me? That's very pixelerotic. Sorry, but I'm happily married. Have you tried San Francisco? I hear the Ahnold is fixing to cut it loose? :smile:

MagicMtnDan
09-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Sorry, but I'm happily married.
Extend our sympathies to your wife.

ROZ
09-08-2005, 08:31 PM
I used Texas boating forums. All two of them. ;)
Well damn, they have more forums than teeth :)

uvindex
09-08-2005, 08:37 PM
If you want to harrass me do it on the boards. I would recommend you NOT try and contact any of my employers. Get off your lazy ass and do a search. The point you are trying to make is obvious but poorly thought out. I've written intermittently for them for over 18 years. Since y'all like Southern death so much... if you are as smart as you would like people here to think, I also wrote for a very large newspaper in Mississippi for years. Those you may be able to steal and republish here. If you steal from Texas Monthly it could get ugly. You are welcome to read it or any others you can find. I don't recommend you republish them here. Writing is not a big deal and certainly nothing to brag about. On average a writer makes about 30-35k. If freelance much less. I only do it for fun anymore. I also do graphic work for them. Impressed?If your comments are directed to ME then they are completely unfounded and way, way, way off base. I asked a simple question, as you had posted on 02/03/05 that your research was being written up in an artiicle that you were writing for Texas Monthly's June issue. I asked if you had ever posted a link and you replied in the affirmative. When I asked for the link you had the above irrational reaction. (Authors are typically happy to share links to their works.) Fine, I will find it myself. And please don't lecture me about harassment or copyright. I do not harass people. I am knowledgable about copyright law. Finally, don't lump me in with any group that "likes Southern death" as I have several friends in Mississippi and Louisiana who lost their homes and possessions in the recent tragedy. Sheesh.

Forkin' Crazy
09-08-2005, 08:44 PM
written intermittently for them for over 18 years. I also wrote for a very large newspaper in Mississippi for years. Those you may be able to steal and republish here. If you steal from Texas Monthly it could get ugly. You are welcome to read it or any others you can find. I don't recommend you republish them here. Writing is not a big deal and certainly nothing to brag about. On average a writer makes about 30-35k. If freelance much less. I only do it for fun anymore. I also do graphic work for them. Impressed?
Not really, but I understand you a lot better. So you want to change the world, huh?
Then go and run for office!!!! :idea:

Poster X
09-08-2005, 09:00 PM
If your comments are directed to ME then they are completely unfounded and way, way, way off base. I asked a simple question, as you had posted on 02/03/05 that your research was being written up in an artiicle that you were writing for Texas Monthly's June issue. I asked if you had ever posted a link and you replied in the affirmative. When I asked for the link you had the above irrational reaction. (Authors are typically happy to share links to their works.) Fine, I will find it myself. And please don't lecture me about harassment or copyright. I do not harass people. I am knowledgable about copyright law. Finally, don't lump me in with any group that "likes Southern death" as I have several friends in Mississippi and Louisiana who lost their homes and possessions in the recent tragedy. Sheesh.
I have no correspondence with you by pm's or email. That means since you cannot debate your points you have found this information through the members I did pm. I've been around the internet awhile. I know when someone is struggling -- and what they'll do to save face when they are. Your entire point was to disprove my past post. It had nothing to do with your interest. I will notify my past employers of your name and any other info I can find on you. I think you should keep it on the boards but, if you want to get nasty, I can do that too. Your choice.

Code4
09-08-2005, 09:15 PM
Is the bag over your head suppose to represent what you wanted to be, a Klan's member, or you tried to be member and they found you to be such a low life, they gave you the bag to protect your dumbass. You really must be a disgrace to your employer and family, if you have one. Do us in the boating world a favor, disappear.
First of all Huffpower, I am a die hard boater, and you DO NOT represent me. The last I checked, this is the United States of America, where we have freedom of speech. If you wish to live where sensorship is the way of life, get the hell out of my country and go to a communist nation where you can practice your beliefs. Just because you or I may not agree with what someone will post on here, they definitely have every right to say it.

uvindex
09-08-2005, 09:19 PM
I have no correspondence with you by pm's or email. That means since you cannot debate your points you have found this information through the members I did pm. I've been around the internet awhile. I know when someone is struggling -- and what they'll do to save face when they are. Your entire point was to disprove my past post. It had nothing to do with your interest. I will notify my past employers of your name and any other info I can find on you. I think you should keep it on the boards but, if you want to get nasty, I can do that too. Your choice.I agree that you and I have no correspondence by PMs or email so why don't you accept the non-paranoid explanation that I was simply interested in reading your article and its research?? I'm not sure what information you're referring to that I would have gotten from PMs?? (I've received perhaps five PMs on this board over the course of three years, certainly none having anything to do with you.) The information about "that periodical" was posted by you on this board. (Search for yourself if you don't believe me.) I am a researcher. I remember when you first came on this board that you informed the board that you were doing research. I was interested in reading your research. I asked politely. I have never had any controversy or flame wars or disputes with you in any thread so I find your hostility towards me surprising. (By the way, I have no points to debate, I was just asking about your article! :))

Creator
09-08-2005, 09:22 PM
The last I checked, this is the United States of America, where we have freedom of speech. If you wish to live where sensorship is the way of life, get the hell out of my country and go to a communist nation where you can practice your beliefs. Just because you or I may not agree with what someone will post on here, they definitely have every right to say it.
So are you saying he doesn't have the right to state his opinion? I think you're contradicting yourself with this post!

Forkin' Crazy
09-08-2005, 09:24 PM
I asked politely. I have never had any controversy or flame wars or disputes with you in any thread so I find your hostility towards me surprising. (By the way, I have no points to debate, I was just asking about your article! :))
But he is a liberal. And they are all mad. If they aren't, then they find something or some one to be mad at.... Damn, I sound like Rush! ;)

ROZ
09-08-2005, 09:27 PM
I may not agree with what someone will post on here, they definitely have every right to say it.
Neither of you appear to represent my ideals, but tell me how your post is any different?
So you have a difference in opinion, so what... How do you know his "us" included you?
Go ahead and get back to your free speach..

Poster X
09-08-2005, 09:27 PM
Had you a legitimate interest, I would have been happy to email you a copy for personal use. The means in which you interjected it into the thread was an obvious ploy to discredit the old post. Since that didn't work, your only possible goal was to repost my old articles here, and then pick them apart with your hyena buddies. I would never even consider bringing someones personal life into a public forum. The fact that you would, could only do you, and this forum harm. I suggest you leave it alone. If you'd like to pm me and discuss the issue it would be my pleasure to do so. As long as you pursue this juvenile threat into my personal life on a public board -- I will continue my acerbic defense.

Code4
09-08-2005, 09:31 PM
So are you saying he doesn't have the right to state his opinion? I think you're contradicting yourself with this post!
Hmm, I think you are right. I sit corrected. :hammerhea Good catch :D

uvindex
09-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Had you a legitimate interest, I would have been happy to email you a copy for personal use. The means in which you interjected it into the thread was an obvious ploy to discredit the old post. Since that didn't work, your only possible goal was to repost my old articles here, and then pick them apart with your hyena buddies. I would never even consider bringing someones personal life into a public forum. The fact that you would, could only do you, and this forum harm. I suggest you leave it alone. If you'd like to pm me and discuss the issue it would be my pleasure to do so. As long as you pursue this juvenile threat into my personal life on a public board -- I will continue my acerbic defense.I honestly don't know what you're talking about when you mention "discrediting the old post." You started what I thought was a light-hearted "penitence" thread. Upon seeing your user name I recalled that you had mentioned when you first appeared on the board that you were writing up your research for the periodical Texas Monthly (I'm not bringing anyone's personal life into the forum you posted those details on this forum (see your own post of 02/03/05 for crying out loud!!!). I don't want your article. I don't want to continue this conversation. I'm sorry I ever asked for your article, as it seems you either have me confused with someone else or you really are paranoid. Please consider the matter closed. :)

ROZ
09-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Had you a legitimate interest, I would have been happy to email you a copy for personal use. The means in which you interjected it into the thread was an obvious ploy to discredit the old post. Since that didn't work, your only possible goal was to repost my old articles here, and then pick them apart with your hyena buddies. I would never even consider bringing someones personal life into a public forum. The fact that you would, could only do you, and this forum harm. I suggest you leave it alone. If you'd like to pm me and discuss the issue it would be my pleasure to do so. As long as you pursue this juvenile threat into my personal life on a public board -- I will continue my acerbic defense.
How do you know his interest isn't legitimate? Since the Texas Weelky dosn't allow a hotlink or a copy and pasting of your article, why not atleast give the person the name of your article to make it a little easier for him to find and read?
Doesn't sound like harassment to me, and definitely not threatening...lol
It sounds like you're on the defensive for no apparent reason..
An aquaintence of my brother use to write for The New York Times(think he's in Boston Now), and I have a neighbor who use to be a journalist, both seem to be a little sensitive and say the pay sucks :D

Poster X
09-08-2005, 09:48 PM
I may be a little touchy? Things can change a lot in six months.

doesitfloat?
09-08-2005, 09:58 PM
I'm reading this with my jaw wide open! PosterX, it's like your reading another thread and posting your responses in this one. What the hell are you talking about? Are there little voices in your head? (seriously not trying to be funny).
Actually, nevermind, I'm afraid that you'll accuse me of wire tapping your phones or sending you subliminal messages of doom.

C-2
09-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Fascinated me too...
Best I can figure, X was sorta offering a peace pipe for his comments in the liberal thread. But yes, very much referring to the other thread within this thread.
Then things got all weird...
Am I close on this X?
Personally I think X likes yanking people's chains and does it quite often on various message boards. I think he might be a good and entertaining adversary for some of the loudmouths on here. We'll see. :)

ROZ
09-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Personally I think X likes yanking people's chains and does it quite often on various message boards. I think he might be a good and entertaining adversary for some of the loudmouths on here. We'll see. :)
Well I'm glad you think he's just a troll, because we have enough Oompha Loompas around here :D

PlyaPlya22
09-08-2005, 10:48 PM
Get a life dickhead!!