PDA

View Full Version : My Rhino is getting close

shadow
05-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Heres a few pics of the cage.The front bumper and ice chest holder.A few webs just because.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1502DSCF1860.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1502DSCF1867.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1502DSCF1857.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1502DSCF1862.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1502DSCF1871.JPG

XTRM22
05-08-2006, 04:47 PM
That's lookin cool! I like the spider webs at the corners. Have you ever seen that red one at the gym? No lift but really cool roll cage and back seats.
Chuck

shadow
05-08-2006, 04:54 PM
That's lookin cool! I like the spider webs at the corners. Have you ever seen that red one at the gym? No lift but really cool roll cage and back seats.
Chuck
Haven't seen the red one at the gym,but i have seen several cool ones running around town.
Can't wait to have mine back.

02HoWaRd26
05-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Pretty bad ass who is building it for you, or built it.

TOBTEK
05-08-2006, 10:02 PM
will have to do a Rhino cruise soon.... im bringing my thrasher out on the 20th :)
most more pics as you get it together.... lookin good!

djunkie
05-09-2006, 02:19 AM
will have to do a Rhino cruise soon.... im bringing my thrasher out on the 20th :)
I'd be game for that. But I don't have a Rhino. Well I kinda do. Well maybe not. :crossx:

Dusty Times
05-09-2006, 04:12 AM
Who built the cage?
Did you fab it yourself?

shadow
05-09-2006, 06:07 AM
Pretty bad ass who is building it for you, or built it.
My Son in law is doing the work.He does Sand cars and buggies out of his garage on the side.The work he does is as good or better than any i've seen.
The cage is very solid all 1 piece with the leg minders built in.The rear bumper attaches to the cage,just have to remove 4 bolts and the rear bumper drops off and the bed can be tilted with the cage in place.But when the bumper is in place it's strong enough to stand on.
I'm really happy with the way it's turning out so far.All the bends and welds are flawless,the powder coating turned out great.
Paint is going on this week.

sigepmock
05-09-2006, 06:11 AM
Looking good so far. Can't wait to see it complete.
Chris

sigepmock
05-09-2006, 06:12 AM
Toby's taking the Rhino out on the 20th ....noted in the book. :crossx: :crossx: This is going to work out well.

shadow
05-09-2006, 06:24 AM
I will have mine back and ready to go by then.Let me know when you bring yours out.

shadow
05-09-2006, 06:25 AM
Looking good so far. Can't wait to see it complete.
Chris
You & me both! I miss having it.

shippingguy
05-09-2006, 09:18 AM
Looks good Darrell. Can't wait to see it at the Regatta!

MR HARLEY
05-09-2006, 09:24 AM
Looks real sweet Shadow. Love the spider-webs :cool:

Cole Trickle
05-09-2006, 09:31 AM
Looks great!!!
Tell him to Jig it up and sell them for a reasonable price so I can buy one;)
<------ not paying a grand for a cage

shadow
05-09-2006, 11:16 AM
Looks great!!!
Thats his plan,But he is just building them on a custom individual basis now.
Some prefer the cage to set up for a back seat,or like mine i prefered to be set up for my ice chest. :rollside:
I belive his prices will be very competitive and quality and attention to detail is over the top.
The powder coater he uses also powdercoats for a few cages on the market and said the quality is by far better than the ones companys are selling for top dollar.

Cole Trickle
05-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Thats his plan,But he is just building them on a custom individual basis now.
Some prefer the cage to set up for a back seat,or like mine i prefered to be set up for my ice chest. :rollside:
I belive his prices will be very competitive and quality and attention to detail is over the top.
The powder coater he uses also powdercoats for a few cages on the market and said the quality is by far better than the ones companys are selling for top dollar.
I would do something like yours.I have no desire to add the extra weight of a back seat but I do want the rear bars and the leg minders/front bar for safety.
I like the web but I would probably go plain as to not snake your style.
What kind of hook up deal can you swing me?;) :crossx:

sigepmock
05-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Cole Trickle <----------- BIG BALLER CHEAPSKATE, Should be Cole Tricklestien you cheap SOB :crossx:

djunkie
05-09-2006, 12:23 PM
I would do something like yours.I have no desire to add the extra weight of a back seat but I do want the rear bars and the leg minders/front bar for safety.
I like the web but I would probably go plain as to not snake your style.
Hey we gotta do a local mission around here sometime soon. :rollside:

casean
05-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Cole Trickle <----------- BIG BALLER CHEAPSKATE, Should be Cole Tricklestien you cheap SOB :crossx:
Look who's calling the kettle black :crossx:

Cole Trickle
05-09-2006, 12:41 PM
I wish I was a baller.....I think I am more like a Ba... with good credit;)
Dam new house and all the spare rooms that need to be filled are gonna send me to the Poor house fast not to mention the cost of surgical enhancement for the better half.
Lets not forget who rolls to the dessert in his girlfriends truck in a box trailer with a Wallmart Futon and a stock unregistered Rhino. :crossx: :p
I am thinking about building a metal shed just so you can hook me up!!!

Cole Trickle
05-09-2006, 12:42 PM
He is still bitter about the $600 exhaust system I got him for free that was 2Db's louder than stock;)

Cole Trickle
05-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Hey we gotta do a local mission around here sometime soon. :rollside:
Around here?
Where in the world do you live?
P.S. it was nice meeting you Saturday while we were hiding from being thrown in the pool :rollside: :crossx:

djunkie
05-09-2006, 12:48 PM
Around here?
Where in the world do you live?
P.S. it was nice meeting you Saturday while we were hiding from being thrown in the pool :rollside: :crossx:
Well not by me. I meant somewhere here in Ca. :rollside:
And yes I will not forget my swimsuit next time. :rolleyes: :boxed:

casean
05-09-2006, 12:52 PM
He is still bitter about the $600 exhaust system I got him for free that was 2Db's louder than stock;)
Was that for the SUV that he traded in when they upgraded to the new G-ride Tahoe? :crossx:

Cole Trickle
05-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Was that for the SUV that he traded in when they upgraded to the new G-ride Tahoe? :crossx:
Could have been?
Or it could have been the 2003 Lifted/Supercharged 6.0 Liter that he traded in because he needed a lifted 2005 Duramax to tow his 2500lb 21ft boat :crossx: :idea: :rollside: ;)
I think when you have kids a cool million is dropped into your account from the baller stork fairy. :p
<---------- needs about 10 kids to keep up with the Mocks!!

Cole Trickle
05-09-2006, 12:58 PM
Well not by me. I meant somewhere here in Ca. :rollside:
And yes I will not forget my swimsuit next time. :rolleyes: :boxed:
lets rally the troops and head out.
I will bring my tow strap so you can keep up with the rest of the heard!!;)

djunkie
05-09-2006, 12:59 PM
lets rally the troops and head out.
I will bring my tow strap so you can keep up with the rest of the heard!!;)
I might just need it. But you may be surprised. :D

Cole Trickle
05-09-2006, 01:04 PM
I might just need it. But you may be surprised. :D
I have seen the video's!!!
The thing flat hauls the mail on the street but I still think the 2wd will be your weak link in the dunes.
How much are you gonna list it for in the spam section when you decide to convert to the dark side? :crossx:

sigepmock
05-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Oh I see how it is now.......That's it I'm calling your's and Lind's parents and telling them you got a new boat....... :mad:
and Mr. Supercharged Corvette is complaining about the cost of cages.....next he'll be complaining about gas prices...... :cry:
Hell we had to get rid of the Nissan and that Rice Rocket Loud exhaust just to stop the hearing damage to poor little Laurens ears...... :crossx: :crossx:

djunkie
05-09-2006, 01:10 PM
I have seen the video's!!!
The thing flat hauls the mail on the street but I still think the 2wd will be your weak link in the dunes.
How much are you gonna list it for in the spam section when you decide to convert to the dark side? :crossx:
Well I don't do the dunes anymore so I'm not too worried about that. Mostly hard pack crawling around.
And I have no clue what I'd even be able to get for the damm thing. :rollside:

Cole Trickle
05-09-2006, 01:15 PM
Mr. Supercharged Corvette is complaining about the cost of cages.....next he'll be complaining about gas prices...... :cry:
Hell we had to get rid of the Nissan and that Rice Rocket Loud exhaust just to stop the hearing damage to poor little Laurens ears...... :crossx: :crossx:
It's like you have been listening into my conversations!!! $3.60 for premium :argue: there is no way I should have to put $70.00 worth of gas in a 14 gallon tank.............Did I mention it's for sale? :p
I think I am gonna lease a Kia Rio so I can make my mortgage payment and pay a 500% mark up on roll cage tubing :yuk: :idea:
Carrie told be she liked loud and was a tough motorcyle racing chick that smokes all of the guys!!!(In her defense Lauren wasn't born yet)

casean
05-09-2006, 01:19 PM
Oh I see how it is now.......That's it I'm calling your's and Lind's parents and telling them you got a new boat....... :mad:
Actually it was her dad that didn't know about it. He knows now though :D

shadow
05-10-2006, 05:56 AM
Looks great!!!
Brandon, i'll tell him to jig some up for a reasonable price so you can
<-------not paying a grand for a cage, get one. :wink:

Cole Trickle
05-10-2006, 07:21 AM
Brandon, i'll tell him to jig some up for a reasonable price so you can
<-------not paying a grand for a cage, get one. :wink:
I like the way you think!!!
Beers on me!! :crossx:

shadow
05-10-2006, 11:26 AM
I like the way you think!!!
Beers on me!! :crossx:
i'll see if i can get him to hook you up for $999.99 :)
Coors light please. :)

djunkie
05-10-2006, 11:33 AM
Sorry for jacking your thread yesterday Shadow. The cage looks sweet. Hopefully someday I can get out there and chase you guys around. After I get my damm thing street legal. :rolleyes: :rollside:

Cole Trickle
05-10-2006, 11:34 AM
Your lucky your so Big!!;) :p
I will have your coors light ready for ya.... don't mind that the top is already popped and it feels warm in your hand;) :crossx: :rollside: :idea:

shadow
05-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Sorry for jacking your thread yesterday Shadow. The cage looks sweet. Hopefully someday I can get out there and chase you guys around. After I get my damm thing street legal. :rolleyes: :rollside:
No prob.
bring that thing out so we can run around.Rhinos may have a hard time keeping up with you on the street.

shadow
05-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Your lucky your so Big!!;) :p
I will have your coors light ready for ya.... don't mind that the top is already popped and it feels warm in your hand;) :crossx: :rollside: :idea:
LOL!!! :D

djunkie
05-10-2006, 11:39 AM
No prob.
bring that thing out so we can run around.Rhinos may have a hard time keeping up with you on the street.
I highly doubt that. Its quick but not scary fast. You'll lose me for sure climbing hills.

shadow
05-10-2006, 11:44 AM
You'll lose me for sure climbing hills.
Probablly noy cause i don't go far without stopping for a beer. :)

djunkie
05-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Probablly noy cause i don't go far without stopping for a beer. :)
Oh ya. Never thought about that. :rollside:

OutCole'd
05-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Looking great! Should be a sweet ride when it's done.

Phat Matt
05-10-2006, 01:08 PM
lol :D
That's pretty funny. :)

shadow
05-21-2006, 04:35 PM
.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1502DSCF1880.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1502DSCF1879.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1502DSCF1884.JPG

shadow
05-21-2006, 04:38 PM
.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1502DSCF1881.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1502DSCF1887.JPG

djunkie
05-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Dammmm. That looks great. Saw you in the channel yesterday. I Waved but you were looking the other way.

shadow
05-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Dammmm. That looks great. Saw you in the channel yesterday. I Waved but you were looking the other way.
Thanks,i'm real happy with it.
Sorry i missed you in the channel,you should have waved louder. :)

djunkie
05-21-2006, 04:43 PM
Thanks,i'm real happy with it.
Sorry i missed you in the channel,you should have waved louder. :)
Ya I whistled too. You had a boat full of people. Figured you probably had your stereo going too.

riverbound
05-21-2006, 04:50 PM
Wow....darrell. that thing turned out great.

JB in so cal
05-21-2006, 04:51 PM
Sweet. Even matching buckets. :)

phebus
05-21-2006, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the ideas, I'm splashing it. Oh nevermind, somebody probably already beat me to it :)

shadow
05-21-2006, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the ideas, I'm splashing it. Oh nevermind, somebody probably already beat me to it :)
pretty funny Phebus,lol :D
But i out smarted you this time.Thats not really it,thats the stunt double. :)
The real one matches your boat. :rollside:

SDLifesaver
05-21-2006, 06:24 PM
That looks awesome Daryl. Are you going to put a back seat on it or just leave it a 2 seater? What is the cost for one of those? A blue one, not the green. Not that I have a cent more to spend but it would be alot of fun. We just bought our 2.5 yo a CRF50 with training wheels and I see the desert coming back in the near future. Thanks. Nick

shadow
05-21-2006, 06:40 PM
That looks awesome Daryl. Are you going to put a back seat on it or just leave it a 2 seater? What is the cost for one of those? A blue one, not the green. Not that I have a cent more to spend but it would be alot of fun. We just bought our 2.5 yo a CRF50 with training wheels and I see the desert coming back in the near future. Thanks. Nick
Gonna leave it a 2 seater,i have an ice chest holder mounted in the bed.
I paid 10.5k for mine it was green.Price was kinda high but when i bought mine there was none availble and if there were any prices were rediculous.
I would think you would be able to pick up a blue SE for about what i paid for my green one.
I made up for the cost i paid for mine,All the paint, cage and bumpers were done for free,i only paid for materials and powder coating.Family deal it was my Xmas gift from step daughter and son in law.He did all the work out of his garage.

JB in so cal
05-21-2006, 07:22 PM
Darrell,
any issues with it being street legal? Po po stop to talk with you or anything?

shadow
05-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Darrell,
None what so ever.I am going to add a license plate light just in case i'm out after dark.
I took out the stock shoulder belts and i need to put in some harness's,i could see getting stopped in the mean time untill i put them in.Hopefully i'll get those in in the next week or so.
But as long as your tags are up to date and all the lights are working and i stay off the sidewalk :rollside: the cops never give me a second look.

TRG
05-21-2006, 07:33 PM
Does anyone have anyinfo about the events involving the rhyno's as far as racing them on closed corse?
Thanks
Todd

shadow
05-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Does anyone have anyinfo about the events involving the rhyno's as far as racing them on closed corse?
Thanks
Todd
Check with Hotdiggitydog here on the boards.I am sure he could give you info.

BADASS38CHEVY
05-21-2006, 09:24 PM
.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1502DSCF1880.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1502DSCF1879.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1502DSCF1884.JPG
Darrell, That thing looks sick. I really like the way it came out. It was worth waiting for. The skulls were a nice touch. It's the nicest one I have seen.

unleashed
05-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Good looking Rhino. See you guys Memorial!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

shadow
05-22-2006, 06:02 AM
Thanks Ted!In person there is alot more detail skulls,gouls,webs that you can't see in the pics.
See you this weekend Deano.

hot_diggity_dog
05-22-2006, 06:39 AM
Check with Hotdiggitydog here on the boards.I am sure he could give you info.
The next short track race is the Sand Car Challenge in Pomona
Sand Car Challenge website (http://www.sandcarchallenge.com/)
There will be (16) stock and (16) modified Rhino's racing. Yes I will be racing in the modified class. :skull:
HDD :cool:

hot_diggity_dog
05-22-2006, 06:40 AM
Thanks Ted!In person there is alot more detail skulls,gouls,webs that you can't see in the pics.
Sweet looking great Bro!
HDD :cool:

Familycat
05-22-2006, 07:01 AM
Nice ride. Will it make the Naci trip? Might be good to have a roll cage. I have a great piece of video of Teresa on the back of a quad with a adult beverage in her hand hauling ass sideways the entire time on Saturday night last year at Naci. We were all feeling "no pain". Can't wait until this year.
Rick

riverbound
05-22-2006, 07:07 AM
Nice ride. Will it make the Naci trip? Might be good to have a roll cage. I have a great piece of video of Teresa on the back of a quad with a adult beverage in her hand hauling ass sideways the entire time on Saturday night last year at Naci. We were all feeling "no pain". Can't wait until this year.
Rick
:crossx: :crossx:

BoatFloating
05-22-2006, 09:24 AM
Came out sweet D.... Now go it dirty...

Cole Trickle
05-22-2006, 09:30 AM
Looks bitchin!!!
Add some wheels and Long Travel and your ready for the cover of Sand Addiction!!!

sigepmock
05-22-2006, 11:27 AM
Looks really good Darrell. You gonna bring it down for the Regatta? We're thinking about driving ours down to the beach on Sat. John W. said BRP might be there with one or two as well with a display set-up. We'll make it the Ultra Rhino Regatta :crossx:
Chris

shadow
05-22-2006, 11:29 AM
Looks really good Darrell. You gonna bring it down for the Regatta? We're thinking about driving ours down to the beach on Sat. John W. said BRP might be there with one or two as well with a display set-up. We'll make it the Ultra Rhino Regatta :crossx:
Chris
Thanks & yeah we will drive it to the Regatta,close for us from Crazy Horse.
I think BRP has got something going on with Jokers Wild or Todd so i could see them being there.See you then.

shadow
05-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Darrell,
Drove the Rhino to work today & on the way home Passed a Sheriff and and he didn't even give a second look.
I definately need to get a rear view mirror cause i did have to turn around after we passed to see if the coast was clear :eek: .Then again maybe he didn't feel like going off roading in the patrol car. :D

Advantage Adam
05-24-2006, 08:45 AM
Darrell,
The rhino looks great. I will be stopping by to test drive it and give you my approval :p

02HoWaRd26
05-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Looks good your son in law is he the one doing the steering stabilizers for dirt bikes too.

Focker
05-24-2006, 10:59 AM
God Damn Darrell
I need the number of your tax man :)
it really came out nice
congrats

shadow
05-24-2006, 04:19 PM
Looks good your son in law is he the one doing the steering stabilizers for dirt bikes too.
You got me on that one?But don't think he's doing any steering stablizers.

shadow
05-24-2006, 04:21 PM
God Damn Darrell
I need the number of your tax man :)
it really came out nice
congrats
867-5309 Ask for jenny

Focker
05-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Wow Thanks
Ill Call Her Right Now

02HoWaRd26
06-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Well shadow dont know about who you ride with but we are always looking for more people to ride as well as new riding places, Let me know.

shadow
06-09-2006, 06:53 PM
Well shadow dont know about who you ride with but we are always looking for more people to ride as well as new riding places, Let me know.
Tell you the truth,summer time is usually around town,the Island,Crazy Horse or the dunes out by Cheetah boats.Usually somewhere close to water.Winter season will be desert trips exploring.I plan on doing some overnight trips in the winter.Party in the desert. Any time you are out this way get in touch.Or when you have some trips planned.

02HoWaRd26
06-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Ya WE made a couple trips from here in MV to havasu last winter it was a blast crossed the tracks there at franconia, then went by pilot down to i don't know but it was pretty cool spot over looking the lake. But we will need to work something out for a big group gathering ride slash party in the dirt.