PDA

View Full Version : Enviro-mental Rats killed New Orleans Poor

Steve 1
09-09-2005, 12:06 PM
NEW ORLEANS: A GREEN GENOCIDE
-- Environmental Activists Sacrificed New Orleans Poor For Wetlands!
[EXCERPT]: In the 1970s, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers' Lake Pontchartrain and Vicinity Hurricane Barrier Project planned to build fortifications at two strategic locations, which would keep massive storms on the Gulf of Mexico from causing Lake Pontchartrain to flood the city. An article in the May 28, 2005, New Orleans Times-Picayune stated, "Under the original plan, floodgate-type structures would have been built at the Rigolets and Chef Menteur passes to block storm surges from moving from the Gulf into Lake Pontchartrain."
"The floodgates would have blocked the flow of water from the Gulf of Mexico, through Lake Borgne, through the Rigolets [and Chef Mentuer] into Lake Pontchartrain," declared Professor Gregory Stone, the James P. Morgan Distinguished Professor and Director of the Coastal Studies Institute of Louisiana State University. "This would likely have reduced storm surge coming from the Gulf and into the Lake Pontchartrain," Professor Stone told Michael P. Tremoglie during an interview on September 6, 2005. The professor concluded, "[T]hese floodgates would have alleviated the flooding of New Orleans caused by Hurricane Katrina."
In other words, unlike other programs - including the ones leftists like Sid Blumenthal excoriated the president for not funding - these constructions might have prevented the loss of life experienced in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
Why was this project aborted? As the Times-Picayune wrote, "Those plans were abandoned after environmental advocates successfully sued to stop the projects as too damaging to the wetlands and the lake's eco-system" ..... (By Michael Tremoglie -- FrontPageMagazine.com)

Blown 472
09-09-2005, 01:00 PM
NEW ORLEANS: A GREEN GENOCIDE
-- Environmental Activists Sacrificed New Orleans Poor For Wetlands!
[EXCERPT]: In the 1970s, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers' Lake Pontchartrain and Vicinity Hurricane Barrier Project planned to build fortifications at two strategic locations, which would keep massive storms on the Gulf of Mexico from causing Lake Pontchartrain to flood the city. An article in the May 28, 2005, New Orleans Times-Picayune stated, "Under the original plan, floodgate-type structures would have been built at the Rigolets and Chef Menteur passes to block storm surges from moving from the Gulf into Lake Pontchartrain."
"The floodgates would have blocked the flow of water from the Gulf of Mexico, through Lake Borgne, through the Rigolets [and Chef Mentuer] into Lake Pontchartrain," declared Professor Gregory Stone, the James P. Morgan Distinguished Professor and Director of the Coastal Studies Institute of Louisiana State University. "This would likely have reduced storm surge coming from the Gulf and into the Lake Pontchartrain," Professor Stone told Michael P. Tremoglie during an interview on September 6, 2005. The professor concluded, "[T]hese floodgates would have alleviated the flooding of New Orleans caused by Hurricane Katrina."
In other words, unlike other programs - including the ones leftists like Sid Blumenthal excoriated the president for not funding - these constructions might have prevented the loss of life experienced in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
Why was this project aborted? As the Times-Picayune wrote, "Those plans were abandoned after environmental advocates successfully sued to stop the projects as too damaging to the wetlands and the lake's eco-system" ..... (By Michael Tremoglie -- FrontPageMagazine.com)
Hey, since you are close and have nothing to do but post stupid crap on here why don't you take your dumb ass over and help those people???

Steve 1
09-09-2005, 01:17 PM
Hey, since you are close and have nothing to do but post stupid crap on here why don't you take your dumb ass over and help those people???
Why don't you as the Queen of tripe maybe they would let you in..Plus I was THRU IT myself and have my own repair work to do before the next Geez what a A$$ ..now Drop dead ole worthless one.
http://images.uploadyourimages.com/121999a_crackhead.jpg

Blown 472
09-09-2005, 01:27 PM
Why don't you as the Queen of tripe maybe they would let you in..Plus I was THRU IT myself and have my own repair work to do before the next Geez what a A$$ ..now Drop dead ole worthless one.
http://images.uploadyourimages.com/121999a_crackhead.jpg
You are hanson's long lost brother.

Steve 1
09-09-2005, 02:33 PM
I see the bent 472 screw-up fairy has been here again

SmokinLowriderSS
09-09-2005, 04:33 PM
Duly noted Blown, you tell others to go help while YOU sit at home on the computer too. Pathetic Blown, UNLESS you happen to be on a genorator-run satelite link from the corner of Bourbon St & Main.

mike37
09-09-2005, 04:37 PM
that have been talked about on TLC before tree hugers have f ucked up every thing and then blame it on some one else

Blown 472
09-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Duly noted Blown, you tell others to go help while YOU sit at home on the computer too. Pathetic Blown, UNLESS you happen to be on a genorator-run satelite link from the corner of Bourbon St & Main.
Well that and being 1000 miles away as opposed to a few states over.
That and he said he has damage in his town, but yet he is still here pushing his agenda.

Steve 1
09-10-2005, 09:20 AM
Well that and being 1000 miles away as opposed to a few states over.
That and he said he has damage in his town, but yet he is still here pushing his agenda.
A$$Hole we got hit by Katrina long before NO..Now go bake some cookies for the homeless ..

SmokinLowriderSS
09-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Hmmmmm Comparing membership dates and post counnts, I can see what a horrid post-hor that Steve1 is compared to Blown. Hey Steve, how is it you aparently disguise your post-horing to where you are about 10,000 posts BEHIND blown while he's been here just about 2x as long. Neat techie trick Steve. Most folks would think you post about 600 post a year while Blown posts over 5,000.

SmokinLowriderSS
09-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Hey Steve1, since Katrina kicked your guy's buts first, where was the mess, FEMA screw-ups, DAYS of no-help/food/water, raping, killing, theivery that MUST have gone on? I mean, did the Presidecy change before it hit N.O.? Did I miss an election?
Or was it that YOU actually had competent, capable, skilled, local and state leadership that could have good plans in place, make inteligent decisions without days of delay, make inteligent use of resources to try to protect and support EVERYONE in a crisis, so the state could survive on it's own untill such time as the Feds could get suplies and manpower brought in to assist? Hmmm That might take 3 or 4 days ... sounds impossible. I KNOW there must have been a smarter president in charge the week BEFORE N.O. got hammered.
Serious note gearshift here, so as not to loose the libkers (Lib-lurkers).
Steve, hope you and yours got through it without major losses.

SmokinLowriderSS
09-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Oh, this may be a bit off-topic, but I heard from a relative of a member of the LANG today on the way home. Curious, turns out The Governor appears to be a controll freak too.
Their son was activated and was oner of the few hundred put in the Superdome Sat eve, before the storm hit. To this day, they are still on State Active Duty since teh Governor (Blasco) has refused to turn them over to the Feds. No biggie you think, but ( and I know this to be true im Ks here, I've experienced it). The State does NOT pay what the feds do. An activated Giuardsman, FEDERALLY controlled, recieves pay based on active duty wages comensurate to rank and time in service. For a 16+ year E-6, that is about $2500 a 2-week pay period, arround $200 a day (after taxes). For a STATE activated guardsman, drop a zero off that. It is only about $20+ a DAY. Kansas here is I believe about $32 (been a few years and promotions since I drew it.
Sure shows concern for her troops, paying them out of her coffers at .10 on the $1 just so SHE can order them arround.

Steve 1
09-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Hmmmmm Comparing membership dates and post counnts, I can see what a horrid post-hor that Steve1 is compared to Blown. Hey Steve, how is it you aparently disguise your post-horing to where you are about 10,000 posts BEHIND blown while he's been here just about 2x as long. Neat techie trick Steve. Most folks would think you post about 600 post a year while Blown posts over 5,000.
LMAO evidently Ole Bent 472 Has made himself a genuine 100% ***boat “Preferred Poster” Actually I am Quite amazed he/she is still around after some of the flame-jobs done on his a$$ Boat people are traditionally conservatives and dislike the pissant anti American communist/anarchists like bent the anti Starbuck trash-can throwing rioters they got some real southern hospitality when they tried that crap in Miami LOL
His post count is easy when the bent standard reply is no more than a couple cloaked cuss words!

Steve 1
09-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Hey Steve1, since Katrina kicked your guy's buts first, where was the mess, FEMA screw-ups, DAYS of no-help/food/water, raping, killing, theivery that MUST have gone on? I mean, did the Presidecy change before it hit N.O.? Did I miss an election?
Or was it that YOU actually had competent, capable, skilled, local and state leadership that could have good plans in place, make inteligent decisions without days of delay, make inteligent use of resources to try to protect and support EVERYONE in a crisis, so the state could survive on it's own untill such time as the Feds could get suplies and manpower brought in to assist? Hmmm That might take 3 or 4 days ... sounds impossible. I KNOW there must have been a smarter president in charge the week BEFORE N.O. got hammered.
Serious note gearshift here, so as not to loose the libkers (Lib-lurkers).
Steve, hope you and yours got through it without major losses.
I have been thru these storms all my life and my Dad taught me as a small boy to be prepared well as when the storm hits any weakness in board up will show instantly when you feel the structure tighten up under the wind loading causes one to think about what you did right and downside are worried about ..If we get a watch that is it emergency power is tested 30 days of water and food are stocked. If the warning comes we bolt the place down... and relax
Our government officials here like us are veterans of these storms Andrew was nasty one guy measured the wind at 177 MPH The family lost one house in it my mother grabbed my niece and dove into the bathroom when the place came down around her. That was a section where Wood frame was used (Country Walk) my place lost a screen enclosure is all...

SmokinLowriderSS
09-10-2005, 04:26 PM
Ya know, the WORST thing (in my opinion) is that, Ok, say for the sake of discussion, she didn't want FEDERAL ADVICE OR HELP (just $$$$). There are 7 or 8 other states in the area (not just way-over-experienced Florida) that she could ask governors of for advice. All the way from N Carolina S. to Fla and then over to Texas.
'Course, Texas is no good because the President used to be Governor thereand Florida is no good as the hated. evil president's BROTHER in governor there. Best just to not call anyone and not look like she's ignorant but willing to learn. Best to stonewall and then fark it up when push comes to having no shove to shove back with.
Glad you've had relatively uninteresting adventures there Steve1. Best luck to ya in the future. :)

Steve 1
09-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Ya know, the WORST thing (in my opinion) is that, Ok, say for the sake of discussion, she didn't want FEDERAL ADVICE OR HELP (just $$$$). There are 7 or 8 other states in the area (not just way-over-experienced Florida) that she could ask governors of for advice. All the way from N Carolina S. to Fla and then over to Texas.
'Course, Texas is no good because the President used to be Governor thereand Florida is no good as the hated. evil president's BROTHER in governor there. Best just to not call anyone and not look like she's ignorant but willing to learn. Best to stonewall and then fark it up when push comes to having no shove to shove back with.
Glad you've had relatively uninteresting adventures there Steve1. Best luck to ya in the future. :)
Shame is the Egos seem to bring out the worst in mankind that goes double for RATS as they fear unemployment and the private sector worse than death the entire welfare state is suffering just a house of cards. I guess the Photo Ops are all she and the good Mayor can do...

SmokinLowriderSS
09-10-2005, 05:03 PM
Seems the Mayor is better at those than she is. Maybe he has a promising future as the NEXT DNC Chairman after Howie Dean.

kahanamoko
09-11-2005, 03:57 AM
Boat people are traditionally conservatives and dislike the pissant anti American communist/anarchists like bent the anti Starbuck trash-can throwing rioters they got some real southern hospitality when they tried that crap in Miami LOL
Boat People? You mean like the Vietnamese or Haitian Refugees? I don't usuallly call boat owners "boat people", but whatever floats yours. In the meantime, I would add that simply saying it doesn't make it true. And it's not. Just because you surround yourself with conservative "boat people" doesn't mean liberal boat owners, libertarian boat owners, centrist boat owners etc. don't exist and exceed the number of "traditionally conservative boat people". But you go ahead and say it's so if it makes you sleep better.
And I can say right now that you definitely exceed my "post count" by about 2000 to 1 per year. Directly proportional to the fact that I have a life compared to yours.

Steve 1
09-11-2005, 06:00 AM
Irreverent Whack job alert!!!!!!!!

Blown 472
09-11-2005, 06:26 AM
LMAO evidently Ole Bent 472 Has made himself a genuine 100% ***boat “Preferred Poster” Actually I am Quite amazed he/she is still around after some of the flame-jobs done on his a$$ Boat people are traditionally conservatives and dislike the pissant anti American communist/anarchists like bent the anti Starbuck trash-can throwing rioters they got some real southern hospitality when they tried that crap in Miami LOL
His post count is easy when the bent standard reply is no more than a couple cloaked cuss words!
Duh, what??? anti american becuase I question the motives of the gubment? if that is what it is color me it. :rollside:

Steve 1
09-11-2005, 07:07 AM
You appear to be a Chit-A$$ed Anarchist.

Blown 472
09-11-2005, 07:10 AM
You appear to be a Chit-A$$ed Anarchist.
And you appear to be a feeble minded, bush ass licking sheep.

Steve 1
09-11-2005, 12:12 PM
And you appear to be a feeble minded, bush ass licking sheep.
And you appear to be overworking your single brain cell.

SmokinLowriderSS
09-11-2005, 04:58 PM
Duh, what??? anti american becuase I question the motives of the gubment? if that is what it is color me it. :rollside:
No Blown, question motives all you want, I do myself, but the Bullsh%# rockets launch when all you post is conspiratirial diatribe from blogs that actually INVENT a lot of facts & pass off half-truth as the whole shebang.

kahanamoko
09-12-2005, 01:04 AM
Irreverent Whack job alert!!!!!!!!
I see that this is what you say, repeatedly, when you are verbally bitch-slapped on this site. Don't hurt your brain thinking of something new or anything.

Forkin' Crazy
09-12-2005, 05:43 AM
Nothing here, let's move on... LOL!!! :cool: