Scape Goat
09-09-2005, 03:25 PM
where can I find some stuff to dye the seats
thanks brian

Jet City
09-09-2005, 09:25 PM
where can I find some stuff to dye the seats
thanks brian
any auto parts usually carry it, Mar-Hyde vinyl dye.

DaveA
09-09-2005, 09:31 PM
If you have a good auto paint supply store (means that it caters to body shops), they usually have a line of dyes in spray cans that will re-color vinyl. SEM Products is one of the popular brands I know of.
That said, don't expect miracles from this stuff. You've got to have the vinyl (assuming that's what you're refinishing) absolutely clean so it'll stick to it. Once you've cleaned it, go back and re-read the instructions and clean it again. If the vinyl is old and getting stiff from being in the sun too much, there ain't nothing much I know of that will cure that problem.
I know several of the auto interior repair guys in this area (and if you know any used car dealers, they know them too) and they can make it look OEM, but they're using pro grade stuff, and using spray guns, not rattle cans.
DaveA

daddy b
09-10-2005, 08:10 AM
Clean with a very good degreaser, clean, clean, clean, then if it fish eyes wipe quickly with a rag, spray over it again and it usually won't even show. I like to use semi gloss or flat colors to help hide imperfections, but Marhide(SP?) is amazing, I've done tops, seats, dashes, door panels, I would expect a miracle, but I only use black :D
PS I hope you don't spray the boat matching seats!!
I have a boat with similar style, it's growing on me, rare if it's clean, retro........... mannnnnn.
daddy b :D
Unless you gotta bigga bucks for the new skins.

Scape Goat
09-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Thanks guys just want to add maybe a yellow stripe to match the boat or a red to match the accents {bezals,stripes) on the boat.
what do you think
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2846P1060004.JPG
colors not exact
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2846test.JPG

Sleek26
09-10-2005, 10:54 PM
I'd go with the red. You have a lot of yellow.

daddy b
09-11-2005, 03:22 PM
I don't think you can do stripes on seats due to rough surface, I think it might run under tape etc. My .03
daddy b
PS armoral the hell out of the original ones and go for the 1970's look. :D
Peace Man