PDA

View Full Version : A Boat from Wicked Mold!!!!!

Wicked Performance Boats
09-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Ok guys and dolls, Here is a picture of a boat made from my new molds before I bought it. It was made probably in the late 80's. What do you think about the style and design? It's an 18ft 3in gullwing. Budlighthttp://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2654DSC00145_00.JPG

Oldsquirt
09-09-2005, 07:06 PM
Here ya go, Budlight :)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2654DSC00145_00.JPG

Jake W2
09-09-2005, 07:09 PM
That thing looks neat as hell love the dove tail.so did you get the storie on where it came from?
Who made the hull in the pic?
And when are you laying one up?
Jake

Wicked Performance Boats
09-09-2005, 07:21 PM
Jake, I've found a probable manufacturer to lay our boats up. I can't talk about who it is yet. I think about 3 boats were laid up out of this mold. This is the first one. I'm still tracing its history, but I believe it was laided up in Parker. More to come. I love it's lines! Budlight

Wicked Performance Boats
09-09-2005, 07:59 PM
Thank You OS Budlight ;)

1Bahnerjet
09-09-2005, 08:06 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2654DSC00145_00.JPG[/QUOTE]
NICE PAINT :cool: :cool: :cool:

BrendellaJet
09-09-2005, 08:35 PM
Looks bitchen!

FOURQ
09-09-2005, 10:04 PM
ok i want one how much for the hull??? or better yet ill just lease the mold and pop one out :) looks bitchen Pat
Q

Cole1313
09-10-2005, 06:30 AM
Looks great and you are right about the lines, very classy looking!!

Hotrodnobody
09-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Ok, the lines totally flow and the boat looks great !! whats the price for hull and traile and what weight are you doing them at? Great looking boat and hope to see a fresh one out soon !!! The sides don't look so bowed in as the cp's and gives it a box look. Damn, i think i want one !!! quick' whats the price?????
HRN

nascar97
09-10-2005, 04:20 PM
that boat in the pic is for sale you can contact brian at carr10ne.com it has a fresh 540 and new 8-71 bds blower the boat is really nice :D

NELSON#109
09-10-2005, 05:36 PM
That Boat Does Look Sweet. I Love The Deck And Sides. Is The Bottom The Same As The Cp? If It Performs Like The 18 Cp, And The Quality Is Up, Those Things Will Be The Shit!!!!... Maybe I Can Keep The Tunnel As A Race Only Deal And Get A Kick Ass River Boat From You. Ill Be Watching This Deal. Nelson#109

FuelInMyVeins82
09-10-2005, 06:27 PM
A maybe he even takes grass trmmings Nels.

Jet City
09-10-2005, 07:05 PM
That looks bitchen, like a Gullwing / Beisemeyer blend, nice paint too.

TRG
09-10-2005, 07:11 PM
i do like the boat however it seems to me that the join of the cap to the hull is a bit thick (for my flavor!)!
like all other gullwings they have a more sleek line in the cap area, wonder if someone wanted to order a hull from you guys could they order it with a more narrow cap line??
other than that, i thought it was a hell of a good looking hull!
Todd

Jake W2
09-11-2005, 04:51 AM
Todd you would have to cut down the bottom to do that then it would make the deck too long and it would have to be shortned.I think you might be looking at it wrong.All the stright sided gullwings look tall on the side up tward the front.It does not look like you could take out more than a 1/2 inch.
Buy the way nice write up you doing the flowcoat on the floors in Hot Boat.
Also WPB has said these are 18foot 3inch where as a CP would be 18 6inch.
Jake

MikeF
09-11-2005, 05:45 AM
Just follow your nose, It always knows.
http://www.toucans.info/sam1.jpg

Wicked Performance Boats
09-11-2005, 08:33 AM
Ok, the lines totally flow and the boat looks great !! whats the price for hull and traile and what weight are you doing them at? Great looking boat and hope to see a fresh one out soon !!! The sides don't look so bowed in as the cp's and gives it a box look. Damn, i think i want one !!! quick' whats the price?????
HRN
WE don't have prices yet. I won't know till we layup the first boat in early Nov. And average weight to yet be determined. Weight is going to be determined by agreement between buyer and WPB. Customer satisfaction is our goal. WPB

TRG
09-11-2005, 06:22 PM
All i was adding was a little const. crit. about BL's boats, if you look at the boat that was at Blythe this past weekend, the nose of it was noticably more "BLUNT" than any other cp, tx or youngblood i have ever seen, still a very nice lookig boat, just an area that i do not care for!
I personally think that if you were involved in the bonding stage of the build up of one of these boats you would find (looking at the pic above) you will have ample room to remove the flat spot around the nose (i does not seem so drastic as it follows to the sides and rear because of the vertical freeboard)
believe me, if i could get one of them at a steel, i would make do with the nose! lol
hope not to have offended anyone, just pointing out my likes and dislikes!
hope to see alot of these around summer 06'
Todd

Jake W2
09-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Todd like you said you saw it in person it would be cool to see a pic of the front to see the area you are refering to.
Jake

Wicked Performance Boats
09-11-2005, 07:32 PM
All i was adding was a little const. crit. about BL's boats, if you look at the boat that was at Blythe this past weekend, the nose of it was noticably more "BLUNT" than any other cp, tx or youngblood i have ever seen, still a very nice lookig boat, just an area that i do not care for!
I personally think that if you were involved in the bonding stage of the build up of one of these boats you would find (looking at the pic above) you will have ample room to remove the flat spot around the nose (i does not seem so drastic as it follows to the sides and rear because of the vertical freeboard)
believe me, if i could get one of them at a steel, i would make do with the nose! lol
hope not to have offended anyone, just pointing out my likes and dislikes!
hope to see alot of these around summer 06'
Todd
Todd, I have poloroids of another boat laid up out of the mold and it has a rubrail on it . It doesn't look stubby to me, but I'll see brian's boat on Sept 30th at the river. I'll check it out. thanks for your honest input. Budlight

Wicked Performance Boats
09-11-2005, 07:39 PM
I'd like to take this time, to thank everyone for their input and comments. I think we will have a new classy clean fast boat making the river scene for next summer. Look out they'll be Wicked Fast! Pat& Julie :D :D

Jake W2
10-28-2005, 06:22 AM
Goina get it going, Just another week or so you say.
Jake

lilrick
10-28-2005, 06:13 PM
cool, are they something that could potentially be used for circle racing? will it turn?

throwerb
10-28-2005, 06:35 PM
Great looking boat! How long is it?

Squirtin Thunder
10-28-2005, 06:56 PM
cool, are they something that could potentially be used for circle racing? will it turn?
Rick, contrary to what you might be told here, yes they could be used for circle racing with some special mods done to the mold, not much work.

Jake W2
10-28-2005, 07:23 PM
I think I would want to use a 19 foot style(CP 19 TX 19 ect) for turning,If you go to the Youngblood site there is some stuff about Youngblood using the 19 footer for circle racing.The 18s are very stright sided.
This hull is 18 foot 3 inches long.
Jim what mods need to be done in the mold can you tell us in detail.
Jake

TRG
10-28-2005, 07:36 PM
i would think that you could use that hull, have you seen what a b boat looks like, it has a barrell back like any of the v-drives from yesteryear all i think you'd need to do is chamfir the outside edge a bit like ive seen some of the circle boat guys do and im sure you could use BL's boats for circle, but then again,...i really have no clue what im talking about! lol
Todd

Squirtin Thunder
10-28-2005, 07:46 PM
Like you said Jake the 18'er is very strieght sided, and the front chines on the 18' are a concern to me. I would even on the 19'er creat less lower bite, more rake, to help prevent hook and spin outs in the turns.

Jake W2
10-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Todd I am not sure what you are trying to say?This gullwing bottom could not be much like a b boat bottom, you could compair it to a Sanger V drive gullwing style roundy round bottom.And have heard from the v drive guys it is not so safe its self.
I am no expert and for sure do not know what I am talking about but you would not find me turning corners at 80+ in one.
The 18s were made to DRAG race SMALLER LIGHTER for better ETs.
You COULD use any hull for circle racing but that does not mean its safe or optimal for it.
Jake

Jake W2
10-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Todd you guys got your (D Cucchii)sp? fliped lets see a pic of the bottom.
Jake

Squirtin Thunder
10-28-2005, 08:31 PM
Todd I am not sure what you are trying to say?This gullwing bottom could not be much like a b boat bottom, you could compair it to a Sanger V drive gullwing style roundy round bottom.And have heard from the v drive guys it is not so safe its self.
I am no expert and for sure do not know what I am talking about but you would not find me turning corners at 80+ in one.
The 18s were made to DRAG race SMALLER LIGHTER for better ETs.
You COULD use any hull for circle racing but that does not mean its safe or optimal for it.
Jake
Jake,
The only part of the 18' and 19' that concern me are the front lowers. The Rogers TR had more of a tripping edge on it than the WPBs or the CPs, and they were designed for circles.

Jake W2
10-28-2005, 08:47 PM
OK you win every one go buy a 18 gullwing to circle race they just need some bottom modes PM Jim for all the details :hammerhea
Jake

Squirtin Thunder
10-28-2005, 09:00 PM
But Jake it has to be 110% safer than a Jersey Speed Skiff !!!!

Squirtin Thunder
10-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Pat I would be more than willing to field one of your hulls in the comp jet class in SCSC circle boat racing.

Jake W2
10-28-2005, 09:14 PM
I was in no way saying there is something wrong with WPBs boats.
I think they are super cool looking and cant wait to see the numbers they put out.
Jake

TRG
10-28-2005, 09:27 PM
Jake im not saying that a sanger and a b boat are alike but what im saying is that if you wanted to use an 18-19 gullwing (not comparing the CP gullwing bottom to a d'cucci or any other b boat, im just saying that if you were to use a gullwing i would rather round the outside edge of the hull making it less of an abrupt edge so that it would not be more seceptible to catch and send you for a roll! end of point!
One attribute that i would absolutly add is a turning fin(a good and deep one)! but i would not shine on the idea of using a gullwing as a circle boat!...and when i made the comment about not having a clue what im talking about, i really meant it (no sarcasm)!

Wicked Performance Boats
10-29-2005, 10:46 AM
Ok OK guys! I don't know much about hull designs for circle racing. But the bottom would definitely require work to be a circle boat. We first must get the first boat out of the mold and rigged. We want to test it and evaluate it first. Then we'll see what it's good for. Budlight :idea:

lilrick
10-30-2005, 11:52 PM
Ok OK guys! I don't know much about hull designs for circle racing. But the bottom would definitely require work to be a circle boat. We first must get the first boat out of the mold and rigged. We want to test it and evaluate it first. Then we'll see what it's good for. Budlight :idea:
I'll look forward to it ...I'm curious .

moneysucker
10-31-2005, 01:16 AM
Rum or has it that there will be a SWTD in the parker 300 next year so anythng is possible. You never know.

steelcomp
10-31-2005, 08:53 AM
Rum or has it that there will be a SWTD in the parker 300 next year so anythng is possible. You never know.
Just remember...mod vp's were made for turning. Of course, not with an inboard big block.... :rollside:
Pat, how long before we get to see one of your products??

flat broke
10-31-2005, 09:48 AM
I'd like to remind everyone here that there is a big difference between a "cirlcle boat" and most of the boats that ran this past enduro. Yes, you can turn a gullwing, it's not like they are a straightline only deal. But there is a big difference between a boat setup to crank single pin turns right next to another boat, and one that just has to make a u-turn within the width of the river.
If you are wanting to do this, you should probbly give a call to Scotten and/or George Striegel as I'm sure they would have some insight and personal epxerience on making these boats turn. IMHO there are probably better hull choices out there for inboard jet roundy round boats. If someone is looking to set up a roundy round boat from scratch the gullwing probably isn't the best platform to start with; it can be done, but why start fighting an uphill battle? It'd be kinda like autocrossing a Camaro, yeah you can do it, but you're going to have to work harder at it than the guy with the Mazda Miata running 150 less HP.
This post has NOTHING to do with Pat's boats. I'm still eagerly waiting to see one of em hit the river as I think it's cool that he is trying to make a go out of something he loves.
Chris

Jake W2
10-31-2005, 02:59 PM
(WORD) Flat broke
Jake