PDA

View Full Version : How much ?

bchbum
09-10-2005, 08:43 PM
I've seen this boat for years at work & it's only been off the hydro lift twice . Now that I'm boatless , I might see if it could be for sale .
It's a 1978 Spectra 32' with twin 454's (talked with the guy about 2 years ago to learn this info )
So what would be a good - fair price ,trailer don't know if there is one

Riverkid
09-10-2005, 08:52 PM
I've seen this boat for years at work & it's only been off the hydro lift twice . Now that I'm boatless , I might see if it could be for sale .
It's a 1978 Spectra 32' with twin 454's (talked with the guy about 2 years ago to learn this info )
So what would be a good - fair price ,trailer don't know if there is one
Not but a handful of those left around. I guess the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You'd have to look hard at what's in it and how fresh everything is and take it from there... Good luck. Have any pics of it?

HCS
09-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Not enough info or pics. More information.

bchbum
09-10-2005, 09:03 PM
No pics. haven't seen the cover off for over a year . The boat is in the shade almost all day under it's cover . The gel looks good . It's on a hydro lift so theres no growth on the drives or hull . It's an older guy that I talked too back when , so I don't think it's been rode hard .Sorry not much help with the info

Riverkid
09-10-2005, 09:05 PM
We have a fam friend with one, newer three axle trailer and rusty 454's in it. Good gel but fair upholstery. He wanted $35K! Still owns it I believe, too... Honcho's old boat...

bchbum
09-11-2005, 12:32 PM
ttt . Help the boatless

Just Tool'n
09-11-2005, 01:51 PM
That is a lot of boat. A guy in Fresno by the name of Bud Johnson use to have a 32fter.
The biggest boat of the day, made by west coast standards.
Is it an I/O setup, or does it have V-Drives?

bchbum
09-11-2005, 03:49 PM
When I talked to the guy ( 2 years ago ? ) he said the engines were just put in (454's ) The boat is in a private slip , near the long beach marina . It has outdrives on it with what looks like stainless props .
I work on the docks near it , so I see it alot , just can't enter the area where he's docked . Just wondering if it's worth my time to make him an offer on it .

ECeptor
09-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Check NADA.com for the value (don't know if it's in there or not...)
Also, check boattrader.com and search for 30-35'ers in your price range. You might be suprised what you can get in the range for not a lot of $$$.