PDA

View Full Version : GREAT JOB Robbie Gordon

Kilrtoy
09-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Is there a driver you have not taken out this year.....
Im sure Marlin is real happy with ya right...... :devil:

Creator
09-11-2005, 04:41 PM
I just got home...I'm a Marlin fan, What happend?

Kilrtoy
09-11-2005, 04:45 PM
Coming into a turn , came in a little hottier than marlin dove under him and then slid up the track and took him out.... :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v:

Debbolas
09-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Do you remember the Long Beach Grand Prix where he drove into the tires and hay like three times............I call him "Crash" Gordon :rolleyes:

Creator
09-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Damn it! Marlin is always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Waist Deep
09-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Now he needs to take out the other gordon

Creator
09-11-2005, 04:53 PM
He'll probably lose an engine before that happens.

Debbolas
09-11-2005, 05:05 PM
I thought this weekend was Phoenix? :eek:

Creator
09-11-2005, 05:08 PM
NASCAR
Never
Assume
Someone
Can
Avoid
Robby
I know there is a lot of robby fans that will hate that...Sorry :)

Debbolas
09-11-2005, 05:09 PM
NASCAR
Never
Assume
Someone
Can
Avoid
Robby
LOL :D

Kilrtoy
09-11-2005, 05:22 PM
NASCAR
Never
Assume
Someone
Can
Avoid
Robby
CLASSIC

SCUBA STEVE
09-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Is there a driver you have not taken out this year.....
Im sure Marlin is real happy with ya right...... :devil:
Oh KH is not going to be happy. :hammerhea

Kilrtoy
09-11-2005, 06:12 PM
Oh KH is not going to be happy. :hammerhea
That is why I posted this.....

Creator
09-11-2005, 06:30 PM
that's a pretty weak definition of the word "nascar", creator. i'll give you a c minus. :D - keyes
Well I tried. I can't please everyone. :smile: :smile:

$SR$
09-11-2005, 06:36 PM
Ouch he just got a 5 lap penalty for rough driving! :hammerhea

HighRoller
09-11-2005, 06:39 PM
What a mess!!! Forget about racing, just FINISH and you'll make the chase for the race for the place or whatever they call it nowadays....

Jrocket
09-11-2005, 07:39 PM
I call him "Crash" Gordon :rolleyes:
How original Debby. :notam:

Boatcop
09-11-2005, 08:10 PM
Lets see what else happened...
Bobby Labonte takes out Scott Wimmer.
Jarrett tries to go 3 wide and in the process takes out Blaney, Earnhardt and Edwards.
McMurray goes 3 wide and takes out himself, Rudd and Raines.
Kurt Busch nearly takes out Mike Wallace.
And last week...
Newman slides up into Jarrett.
Jarrett later takes out Newman (on purpose) gets a 1 lap penalty. (Both "chase" contenders)
And lets also go back a few years. Jeffy passes the pace car at New Hampshire and slams into the rear of Robby's car at New Hampshire. Robby goes on to win (his first) and Jeffy's penalty is to the end of the lead lap cars.
Before going on about how this driver sucks and that one's reckless, take a look at the rest of the field. Every driver on the circuit has done what Robby has (and worse), but because that Gordon doesn't have the first name of "Jeff", he gets, by far, a stronger penalty than any other driver in similar circumstances.
NASCAR plays favorites. PERIOD.

Kachina26
09-11-2005, 08:21 PM
You know the difference between NASCAR and pro wrestling??????????
Ya, me neither :confused:
K<<<<<<<<I don't get it >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>26

Kachina26
09-11-2005, 08:26 PM
esplaine yoself lucie ?? :cry:
Just the drama that goes on, I hear the guys at work talking about meetings in the trailer and suspensions and who's mad at who. I always say "Oh man, Hollywood Hogan's gonna be pissed"

Kilrtoy
09-11-2005, 08:28 PM
alan, i've been defending "rg" for years now, and it seems the "robby gordon haters club" is a very large one, and apparently it is out of our hands. it seems a lot of the "oc" kids are jealous of this local kid with some driving skills... and on another note, thanks for the hard work this summer, we do appreciate it, and thanks for the minimal crime in da keys .... thanks brotha - keyes
Actually I like Robby Gordon, but he does a lot more bone head moves that attracts alot more attention than other drivers, All drivers have been the cause of wrecks, he just happens to be involved more than others...

Debbolas
09-11-2005, 08:33 PM
anyone want to mention how he lost his Coors sponsorship? :rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
09-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Go ahead Im listening...

Creator
09-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Tempers flare and the pressure is huge to run well(gotta keep that sponsor). I could care less who takes out who. Sure I get pissed when one of my favorites gets caught up in someone else's wreck but that's just part of racing. Hell, half the time my drivers are the ones making aggressive moves and causing the wreck. If it weren't for bone head moves or 3 wide racing there would be no excitement. It's bad enough I watch 43 cars run in circles every week, if there were no crashes I don't think I could sit through a whole race. I am always waiting to see what will happen next.
If people want to see "clean" racing then watch open wheel races. Those drives are much more careful.
When I was working on open wheel cars our driver was never in the front but would always get plenty of TV time by trying to pass in a turn or braking too late and putting his car into the wall. Nothing like a nice wreck to get the sponsor on TV.

Debbolas
09-11-2005, 08:50 PM
After one of his races, he had just moved from cart cars to bush, to top nascar and he was unhappy with his cars performance.......he proceeds to BLAST everyone on his team, his car, his sponser, etc..........His sponser was Coors..........
He isn't that young, he SHOULD know better.....
I don't have anything personal against the guy, I hear he has an awesome boat, and my friends cousin use to work for him...
All the chances and opportunities he has had, and I don't know, maybe he will mature and do better. Maybe hitting cars now is his "new" thing. (better than the wall or tires?) Perhaps he is trying to be like the original Dale Earnhart, he was a car hitter, remember when (if he lost the Daytona) he would hit the car, because they take that car and put it in a museum or something and he wanted to make a dent:D
Robby has moved from those little cars, to Cart, to Bush, to Nascar........

Jrocket
09-11-2005, 08:51 PM
Oh this should be good.Seeing how your so deep in the middle of racing and corporate deals. :rolleyes:

Debbolas
09-11-2005, 08:52 PM
Oh this should be good.Seeing how your so deep in the middle of racing and corporate deals. :rolleyes:
No, I just saw it on TV, dude
??!!? :confused:

Debbolas
09-11-2005, 09:06 PM
whatever...............thought this was an open forum when one could express their opinion..........oh, right, my opinion doesn't count.
Night all! :wink:

Kilrtoy
09-11-2005, 09:13 PM
ya, everyone of your points are "valid". you truly are "an expert" .... keep on getting your "post" count up with these ridiculous analogies of robbies career. go to bed already :hammerhea :2purples: - keyes
WOW a little hard on her arent you....
That is her opinion and what she watched on TV...
lets hear your expert opinion....

Kachina26
09-11-2005, 09:18 PM
ya, everyone of your points are "valid". you truly are "an expert" .... keep on getting your "post" count up with these ridiculous analogies of robbies career. go to bed already :hammerhea :2purples: - keyes
So, do you have the inside line? Tell us, what really happened?

Debbolas
09-11-2005, 09:23 PM
so...........my ridiculous analogy was the timeline of his racing career........
FACT: He as changed cars A LOT (CART, BUSH, NASCAR)
(plus those other little ones I can't think of the name of)
FACT: He lost his Coors sponsorship for "mouthing off" after a race and blaming his sponsors
OPINION: He seems to crash a lot
OPINION: Now he is crashing into cars as opposed to tires or hay or walls
OPINON: He could be the "hometown" favorite, as he is local, if he gets his shit together
I'm not mad, just surprised you would attack me and not throw your own opinon out there................interesting :rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
09-11-2005, 09:26 PM
what are you , her "mr protector" ... "five-0" ??
No but she never claimed to be an expert nor have inside intel, Simply what she had observed on TV.....
and you slam her...
We are all waiting for your inside info

Debbolas
09-11-2005, 09:28 PM
go back and re-read her #31 post ... does any of that make any sense ?? that's what i am saying. unless you are directly involved with the everyday operations with a race team, then you should probably have an opinion about how somebody really dealt with a major sponser like "coors".
So, if you see him on TV trashing the sponsor, you CAN NOT draw your own conclusions?
Dude, this is the USA, not Stalin Russia where we HAVE to think whatever NASCAR dream you feed us.........
Wake up!
Everyone has an opinion about this.................
Gotta go listen to my kid read me her 1AC
night all :D

Waldo
09-11-2005, 09:29 PM
Actually I like Robby Gordon, but he does a lot more bone head moves that attracts alot more attention than other drivers, All drivers have been the cause of wrecks, he just happens to be involved more than others...
Give examples, not just generalizations.
Like you said...ALL DRIVERS HAVE BEEN CAUSES OF WRECKS...LIKE ALAN SAID, IT'S NOT JUST RG.
Have you ever witnessed him drive off road??? One hell of a driver/competitor...I speak from experience.

Waldo
09-11-2005, 09:30 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/177ROBBY-96FW-1.jpg

Waldo
09-11-2005, 09:31 PM
to know him is way different than the general public views him. so ease up there, and don't jump on the band wagon so quick >>>>>
AGREED, WHOLE-HEARTEDLY!

Debbolas
09-11-2005, 09:32 PM
my opinions and my defending of robby is absolutley tiring, if you have read past posts of mine and my replies of others, i have more than expressed my opinion of "rg" and his racing. having grown up with him being neighbors in the keys in the early 70's, with him and his family and now in the present, to know him is way different than the general public views him. so ease up there, and don't jump on the band wagon so quick >>>>>
NOT the band wagon.................MY OPINON :D
I'm glad he is your friend, but, can he STOP crashing cars? :D
(why would I read your past posts? Post it in this thread or don't reference it)

Waldo
09-11-2005, 09:35 PM
whoa, waldo ... that's some "wreckless" racing there brother . that's just unacceptable :hammer2: - keyes
I was right next to Bill (Carrera Photo) when he snapped that shot...not a worry in the world. :D

Kachina26
09-11-2005, 09:42 PM
go back and re-read her #31 post ... does any of that make any sense ?? that's what i am saying. unless you are directly involved with the everyday operations with a race team, then you should probably have an opinion about how somebody really dealt with a major sponser like "coors".
I read it again, and once again my eyes glazed over. All this NASCAR soap opera crap escapes me. Just seemed like she was expressing an opinion based on the TV coverage. Actually, I don't know why I'm posting in this thread, I don't get Nascar.

Waldo
09-11-2005, 09:44 PM
I read it again, and once again my eyes glazed over. All this NASCAR soap opera crap escapes me. Just seemed like she was expressing an opinion based on the TV coverage. Actually, I don't know why I'm posting in this thread, I don't get Nascar.
Would someone TRULEY know how RG lost his sponsorship by something he said on TV??? I wouldn't and I wouldn't assume such things...if that what's being implied.

Kachina26
09-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Would someone TRULEY know how RG lost his sponsorship by something he said on TV???
nope

OGShocker
09-11-2005, 09:50 PM
:notam: nope :notam:
:D

Kachina26
09-11-2005, 09:51 PM
nice response k-26, you're tired too . huh ??
Pretty much. This has got to be the most time I've ever dedicated to a conversation about Nascar. I must admit, at this point I am truly talking out of my ass.

Waldo
09-11-2005, 09:51 PM
Too bad RG wasn't racing Primm today...might have done better.

Creator
09-11-2005, 09:59 PM
what happened to our street cowboy and our female nascar expert ???
I'm here, should I chime in?
Nah...You know how I feel.

Creator
09-11-2005, 10:11 PM
no "president of the robby hater's club" ... there is enough bad negative bashing going on here, me and waldoskeeno are fighting this one alone. no more thread cowboy's :hammer2: - keyes
You got it.... I will gracefully sit on the side lines and watch. Doesn't look like you're going to get much more action from those two though.
At least I have personal experience with him even if it was negative.

Dusty Times
09-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Every race this same thread starts :hammer2:???????
Does anyone know who won the TT class today at Primm?
It was cool to watch RG finish so far ahead of everyone in Mexico then jump in a plane to race NASCAR the next day. I'm sure every driver does that though :hammer2:

Kilrtoy
09-11-2005, 10:27 PM
what happened to our street cowboy and our female nascar expert ???
Back on point, Did he take out marlin on a bone head move today yes or no...
YES , have a good night

Waldo
09-12-2005, 07:09 AM
Does anyone know who won the TT class today at Primm?:
TT #12 Brian Collins/Larry Ragland

BLT4SPD
09-12-2005, 07:39 AM
"dont talk about about robby,dont talk about bubba,"weres my keys,lighten up you puss,it is just talkyou act like your in bed with these guys.

Debbolas
09-12-2005, 07:52 AM
where's my keyes ?
Better men than you have tried to kick me off these forums...
I will NOT go, I will continue to express my opinion........Have a nice day :D

BLT4SPD
09-12-2005, 07:55 AM
Good job,stand up for yourself, you are a woman after my heart

Debbolas
09-12-2005, 07:57 AM
yeah, apparently if you disagree with certain members on this forum, you are NOT allowed to have an opinion........(I'm sure it's 'NOT because I'm a chick) :D

BLT4SPD
09-12-2005, 08:06 AM
no problem here, i agree with you 100%.you remind my of my wife.you go girl.

Kilrtoy
09-12-2005, 08:35 AM
where's my keyes ?
Better men than you have tried to kick me off these forums...
:
I never tried to kick you off
:mix:

Boatcop
09-12-2005, 09:31 AM
From NASCAR.com
Gordon, running behind Marlin and Scott Wimmer, went hard into Turn 1 and cut down in front of Wimmer, but Gordon was carrying too much speed and went up the track into Marlin, which resulted in a trip to the wall.
Revenge is a dish best served cold, and Marlin let it cool off before returning the favor on Lap 313 by turning dead right into the side of Gordon's car in Turn 2. NASCAR responded by bringing Marlin to pit road for a five-lap penalty.
Gordon got his car fixed in the pits. Then, as the caution waved for Wimmer's spin, he charged up through the field to Marlin's car and rubbed up against it. Gordon was brought to pit road for his own five-lap penalty for rough driving.
What Robby did first was a racing deal. It happens dozens of time in every race.
What Marlin did next was retaliation. Robby "rubbin" the side of MArlin later was his (and every other driver on the circuit's) way of expressing his displeasure with the deliberate boot.
If you look back on this season, Robby's been involved in relatively few incidents on the track. When you own your own equipment, you tend to be a little more careful with the car.
But as I said before. If you're a Gordon, with a first name that isn't Jeff, you're a target.
I've noticed that Robby hasn't gotten any on track press, except when something like this happens. He's led races, charged through the field, and gotten booted by other drivers (the 2nd Marlin incident), with no comment from the booth.
NBC stands for..
"Nothing
But
Chasers."

Charley
09-12-2005, 10:19 AM
<-----I'm a Gordon Fan, I like my Racers with Balls and skill and Robby seems to have a nice coctail blend of both... he deserves any and all of the bad propeganda that the slower opposition can manufacturer ;) .....

Kilrtoy
09-12-2005, 11:42 AM
So did Marlin
Marlin started it and got his penelty first. Robs got his for pay back!!!
I don't care what people say about his driving.(Look what they said about Dale Sr.) I just don't like when the attack is personal...
You better get some new dogs Bill, it took them forever to drag you in..... :)

Dusty Times
09-12-2005, 11:59 AM
I do have a question for all the haters out there.......
Why is it when RG took out Greg Biffel last year on purpose that everyone was saying Nascar should park him or kick him out etc. etc....
BUT when Dale Jarrett took out Ryan Newman a couple weeks ago everyone just said that is part of racing :messedup:
But it was also OK when Kurt Bush took out RG on purpose to get a caution flag. :sqeyes: Actully everyone thought it was funny :notam:
Yea I would say NASCAR might be a little BIAS :boxingguy :sqeyes:
Sorry it took so long for me to respond to the thread Kilr :D
JEALOSY??????????????

Kilrtoy
09-12-2005, 11:59 AM
Why is it when RG took out Greg Biffel last year on purpose that everyone was saying Nascar should park him or kick him out etc. etc....
BUT when Dale Jarrett took out Ryan Newman a couple weeks ago everyone just said that is part of racing :messedup:
But it was also OK when Kurt Bush took out RG on purpose to get a caution flag. :sqeyes: Actully everyone thought it was funny :notam:
Sorry it took so long for me to respond to the thread Kilr :D
tell your driver to stay away from mine.... Its his last year....hell its the lasy year for alot of my drivers

Thunderbutt
09-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Sorry it took so long for me to respond to the thread Kilr :D BTW He spells his name with a Y not an IE :hammerhea
Or a little political.