PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Recognize this pump??

MudPumper
09-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Seller claims it is out of a Daytona but you can tell from the fiberglass that is left around the pump it is from a V-bottom, also I have never seen anything but a split bowl pump in a Daytona. Anyway, not saying it is out of a stolen boat but you never can tell. Seems a little fishy to me but then again I think averyone is a bit fishy :idea: Fishy Pump (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BERKELEY-JET-DRIVE-FOR-JET-BOAT-EXCELLENT-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ4573798214QQcategoryZ50442QQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem)

09-12-2005, 12:31 AM
That pump is not out of a Daytona, nor is it out of anything "late model". I'd be careful with it though and get a bill of sale if you plan on the purchase. I recall bidding on a complete 455 olds from a guy in Fontucky that was pulled by eBay for some reason. They sent an email asking that all bidders on that auction to ignore any contacts from the seller with offers for the auction. Not sure what was up with that but this may either be the same guy or the same boat. That boat supposedly ran up on some rocks too.

Squirtin Thunder
09-12-2005, 12:41 AM
I agree that it is not our of a Daytona, but is definitely out of a V botom boat. Intake looks very much like ones that are in most Daycruisers around 1980. The transom is too thick to be a Daytona and you can see the lifting strakes. The gel striping and the lifting strakes could either be Tahiti, Hawaiian, but then again it could be a Wright. But looking at the definition from white to green/blue and the proximity of the lowest lifting strake it may be a Sleekcraft. But going back to the intake, I have set three Daycruisers with that exact same intake, so I would say it is out of a 18 to 21 foot Daycruiser.

Jake W2
09-12-2005, 05:05 AM
ST that is just a standerd C or G intake from Berkeley.In other words not an R intake its not machined for a shoe its not a Sanger style intake its not a flat intake and its not an intake for a delta pad bottom just a regular rounded keel Berkeley intake.
Jake

Squirtin Thunder
09-12-2005, 09:29 AM
ST that is just a standerd C or G intake from Berkeley.In other words not an R intake its not machined for a shoe its not a Sanger style intake its not a flat intake and its not an intake for a delta pad bottom just a regular rounded keel Berkeley intake.
Jake
Jake like I said it is the exact same as the ones that I have set in the Daycruisers. Did I say anything about a Sanger ???

MudPumper
09-12-2005, 10:29 AM
That pump is not out of a Daytona, nor is it out of anything "late model". I'd be careful with it though and get a bill of sale if you plan on the purchase. I recall bidding on a complete 455 olds from a guy in Fontucky that was pulled by eBay for some reason. They sent an email asking that all bidders on that auction to ignore any contacts from the seller with offers for the auction. Not sure what was up with that but this may either be the same guy or the same boat. That boat supposedly ran up on some rocks too.
I'm not looking to buy the pump, I was just thinking it may be out of a stripped/stolen boat and put it up in case anybody may recognize it. ;)

78Southwind
09-12-2005, 11:33 AM
Seller claims it is out of a Daytona but you can tell from the fiberglass that is left around the pump it is from a V-bottom, also I have never seen anything but a split bowl pump in a Daytona. Anyway, not saying it is out of a stolen boat but you never can tell. Seems a little fishy to me but then again I think averyone is a bit fishy :idea: Fishy Pump (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BERKELEY-JET-DRIVE-FOR-JET-BOAT-EXCELLENT-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ4573798214QQcategoryZ50442QQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem)
Mike
The pump it is probably from a 19' or 21' Daytona. Not an Eliminator but another boat company that used the Daytona name. I remember seeing them in the late 80's and early 90's and I think they were built locally here in California. Most of them that I remember were powered with outboards but I am sure a couple were rigged as jets.

Jake W2
09-12-2005, 01:55 PM
Just wondered why you thought it came out of a daycruzer?It could have came out of any jet boat hull any size with a rounded keel.That is what I was getting at it is not just for a daycruzer ,mabey I missunder stood your post.No big deal really.
Jake

Heatseeker
09-12-2005, 03:50 PM
He should have put up a pic of the aluminum propeller!
$50 bucks to crate it up(and $10 gas money) plus shipping :eek: ! Gimme a break. Grab a big box and some newspaper and throw it on the Greyhound dude.

rerfert
09-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Well judging by the Ammo cans in the truck...I would guess a surplus find...Also the seller put up a picture of the pump serial numbers...So I would rule out stolen?
By the Sawsall job I would dare to say the rest of the boat was in poor shape.
Looks like $50 in parts...But I have a Jacuzzi WJ.

Big Kahunaa
09-12-2005, 08:30 PM
I looked at that pump to it looked a little shadey

MudPumper
09-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Well judging by the Ammo cans in the truck...I would guess a surplus find...Also the seller put up a picture of the pump serial numbers...So I would rule out stolen?
By the Sawsall job I would dare to say the rest of the boat was in poor shape.
Looks like $50 in parts...But I have a Jacuzzi WJ.
Oh yeah, I forgot, criminals are never dumb enough to do something like post pictures of serial numbers on the internet. :eek: