PDA

View Full Version : Hering Propellors

NashvilleBound
09-12-2005, 08:50 AM
I am trying to find them....searching turned up nothing as well as going to some of the major sites and trying to link.. Anyone have a link to them or there distributors? Looking for a good deal on a Hering or Hydromotive 6 blade(staggered diameter)..... 28-30"
Thanks

burtandnancy
09-12-2005, 09:09 AM
Possibly the Seattle area (I think)

KACHINA KEN
09-12-2005, 09:35 AM
Is this for your boat NB?

spectras only
09-12-2005, 09:38 AM
NB , contact Joe in Tacoma [ Seattle area ] at http://www.powerboatsnw.com/. He can get you Herring props.

NashvilleBound
09-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Is this for your boat NB?
Yep. Either a 6 blade Hering or Hydro....

KACHINA KEN
09-13-2005, 12:58 AM
Well as your Hot Boat pal I have to advise you not too on the grounds of it being a total waste of $$$. You wont see any result out of a $2600 Hering on your boat that you cant get ( at least within 1 maybe 2 mph ) with an $800 labbed merc. The odds are you will at some point ding it and the tally will go up more still. 5&6 blades look cool because they are different but the guys who know their shit will see it on your boat and be like WTF because it is such overkill. But the absolute worst thing if you went ahead and did it anyhow is the fact that you will always have to pull that puppy off anytime you are in general public because there are plenty of scumbags who would relieve you of it in a heartbeat and you can count on that.
Go with a labbed merc so you can pick up a lil speed and save some coin, you'll need it for gas soon.

NashvilleBound
09-13-2005, 03:54 AM
Thanks for the input. I am still reseaching stuff.... I have a labbed 30 here that I want to try next week and see how it does. We are finally having cooler weather too so I just want to make sure the conditions are right.....if you know what I mean.

gmocnik
09-13-2005, 06:36 AM
nb...
i have a 5 blade 30p hering that is basically brand new. it is just under pitched for my setup...
if you want to try it...let me know..it is too nice a prop to be collecting dust..
gary
(guy with 25 daytona that you met at piru several years ago....)