PDA

View Full Version : Driver Fights Jesse James at Irwindale

goneboatin
09-12-2005, 10:50 AM
In the Figure 8 race, Harry Kuenniger twice drove his car into the car driven by Jesse James after the two cars hooked.
Kuenniger and James fought after getting out of their cars. Kuenniger was taken from the track in an Irwindale Police Department patrol car, but it wasn't known whether an arrest was made.
I was there last night and if you've ever seen Jesse James run the figure 8's, he goes balls out.
This Kuenniger guy went around Jesse and slowed down around a turn, Jesse tagged the guy and made him spin out. After that, this guy was on a mission to take James out. He cut the course twice and tagged James and on the last time James' car had stalled - he T-boned him, then got out of his car and started jumping up and down on James' car.
When James got out of his car, Kuenniger took a few swings at him, James swung back and the saftey team had to break it up.
Both James and Kuenniger walked off the track in opposite ends. An Irwindale police car rolled onto the track, a golf cart went to pick up James and brought him back to the vehicles, the police car picked up Kuenigger placed him in the back and James in the front.
The above quote from the LA Times is all I could find.
Besides racing last night in the Figure 8's, Jesse James was there with his wife, actress Sandra Bullock, doing a meet and greet to "refugees" from New Orleans.

JetBoatRich
09-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Nothing when a fight breaks out at a car race :D

wsuwrhr
09-12-2005, 11:19 AM
I dont know how many of you have seen Jesse race at Irwindale, I have, several times, I was a tech inspector for American Race Trucks, and now I crewchief for a Speed Truck.
The guy is out of control, he has flipped his car two separate races, after flipping one car, he came back with another, and tore the wheel off of the spare car. He gets out of the second car, leaves it in the middle of the track for Irwindale's crew and walks off the track to a standing ovation from the crowd.
Now I am aware of what a figure 8 race is about, in my opinion, it is NOT a demolition derby. Drivers will speed up or brake hard to avoid a collision. It is a race mostly for the a crowd pleaser. Crashes are not the norm. It is more the IMPLIED crash risk.
I admire Jesse for his fabrication prowess, the guy is badass, but he has too much ego and anger to be on a race track. IMHO.
I have spent years at Irwindale and have seen two drivers killed from hitting the wall, plenty of bad wrecks, some due to their own error, some not.
Racing is not about hurting someone else due to carelessness.
Brian
Nothing but another black eye for Irwindale.
In the Figure 8 race, Harry Kuenniger twice drove his car into the car driven by Jesse James after the two cars hooked.
Kuenniger and James fought after getting out of their cars. Kuenniger was taken from the track in an Irwindale Police Department patrol car, but it wasn't known whether an arrest was made.
I was there last night and if you've ever seen Jesse James run the figure 8's, he goes balls out.
This Kuenniger guy went around Jesse and slowed down around a turn, Jesse tagged the guy and made him spin out. After that, this guy was on a mission to take James out. He cut the course twice and tagged James and on the last time James' car had stalled - he T-boned him, then got out of his car and started jumping up and down on James' car.
When James got out of his car, Kuenniger took a few swings at him, James swung back and the saftey team had to break it up.
Both James and Kuenniger walked off the track in opposite ends. An Irwindale police car rolled onto the track, a golf cart went to pick up James and brought him back to the vehicles, the police car picked up Kuenigger placed him in the back and James in the front.
The above quote from the LA Times is all I could find.
Besides racing last night in the Figure 8's, Jesse James was there with his wife, actress Sandra Bullock, doing a meet and greet to "refugees" from New Orleans.

wsuwrhr
09-12-2005, 11:39 AM
In addition, funny thing, the night busted up his two cars, Sandra was there with him.
Weeks later, on a West Coast Chopper episode I watched, he was talking about breaking it off with stripper wife. He said something to the effect of "heading to the racetrack and wrecking something" that was the only figure 8 race in the timeframe of that show.
Now I know who did the beating and banging and starting the fight LAST night.
Racers spend a ton of time and money to maintain race cars. Without even seeing this race, I am sure this isn't the first time these two have tangled. I would go out on a limb and say these guys have had enoughof Money showing up at a racetrack and beating up everyones race cars for the fun of it.
Sorry for the long posts/rants, but seeing it this first hand, I guess it irritates me.
Brian

goneboatin
09-12-2005, 12:01 PM
I see your point. Jesse has the money and mindset to thrash his equipment and be back next week with a new ride. He is a loose cannon. Whereas a lot of these racers have only one or two cars for the whole season and can't afford another. I can see how that would frustrate other racers.
Not to defend JJ, but this Kuenniger guy was on a mission to take JJ out.
C'mon it's a figure 8 race, not a NASCAR sanctioned event.

wsuwrhr
09-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Not to defend JJ, but this Kuenniger guy was on a mission to take JJ out.
C'mon it's a figure 8 race, not a NASCAR sanctioned event.
Yes sir,
Now I am aware of what a figure 8 race is about, in my opinion, it is NOT a demolition derby.
Brian

Ralph Brunt
09-12-2005, 03:31 PM
jesse james is a strait PUNK BIOTCH hard to respect a man like that for anything other than his fabrication abillity. i will never sport t-shirts or stickers from wcc .02 ralph

RitcheyRch
09-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Exactly.
jesse james is a strait PUNK BIOTCH hard to respect a man like that for anything other than his fabrication abillity. i will never sport t-shirts or stickers from wcc .02 ralph

Mandelon
09-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Don't they sell his gear at Walmart? :rolleyes:

MBlaster
09-12-2005, 06:22 PM
[I] Jesse James was there with his wife, actress Sandra Bullock
Guess I've been living under a rock...