PDA

View Full Version : Hot Boat's Coming to the Delta

***boateditor
09-12-2005, 12:44 PM
On Sunday, Sept. 18, I will be taking a tour of Discovery Bay and as much of the Delta as time will allow.
Between 3 and 4 p.m., I will be photographing half a dozen or so boats for use in the article and/or for individual feature stories. We will likely rendezvous near the Riverboat. I will be aboard John Bettencourt's 37' Hustler Talon (see below). If you are interested in meeting up with us, please email me at bbayne@lfp.com with a photo of your boat, or send me a PM here.
Thanks!
Brett @ HOT BOAT
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2898hustler.jpg

Dusty Times
09-12-2005, 01:20 PM
John's boat is a first class ride and is someone who knows that area well. I'm sure he will be helpfull for a great write up.
Enjoy yourself

***boateditor
09-12-2005, 01:27 PM
John's boat is a first class ride and is someone who knows that area well. I'm sure he will be helpfull for a great write up.
He's going to be getting some good coverage in Hot Boat, first in the "Bridge to Bridge" festival story I'm writing for the 11/05 issue, then with this Delta article that will run in 1/06. He is a great guy, as courteous and generous as anyone I've ever met in the boating industry, and that's saying something.

ELIMINAT THIS
09-12-2005, 02:21 PM
The b2b article, is it on John,s boat or the festival? The b2b is a first rate event for sure.I would love to see more socal boats next year.

Rocket-J
09-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Hi Brett.
One of our favorite runs up here in NorCal is Stockton to Old Town Sac. We are planning another one this Fall so I think Sept. 18th would be a good time. My boating neighbor, Robbie Racer, usually goes with us and maybe he will have that date open also. His 257 Carrara has been top in his class at the Sac Bridge to Bridge run. I will check our dates and see if we can join in on your run. Al :rolleyes:

ELIMINAT THIS
09-12-2005, 02:26 PM
BTW if you are still loking for boats you should at least take a look at Hulshot here on the boards 140+ mph stoker,not to mention it looks like a trailer Queen it is so clean. :cool:

***boateditor
09-12-2005, 02:44 PM
The b2b article, is it on John's boat or the festival?
Both.
BTW if you are still loking for boats you should at least take a look at Hulshot here on the boards 140+ mph stoker,not to mention it looks like a trailer Queen it is so clean.
Thanks, I'll do that!
Brett @ HOT BOAT

***boateditor
09-12-2005, 02:46 PM
Hi Brett.
I will check our dates and see if we can join in on your run.
Coolio.
BB

deltarat
09-12-2005, 03:28 PM
One other boat not to miss is Dimarco21 here on the boards, you will not find a cleaner 21 foot Dimarco any where.

stoker2001
09-12-2005, 04:47 PM
BTW if you are still loking for boats you should at least take a look at Hulshot here on the boards 140+ mph stoker,not to mention it looks like a trailer Queen it is so clean. :cool:don has had some friggen insane fast boats,but 140+ in the Stoker is a little bit of a reach :confused: you guys have a fun time on the 18th as i will be in San Diego racing :(

***boateditor
09-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Correction: John will be giving me a tour in a different boat, as his Hustler Talon is currently in the shop getting some even bigger engines. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Robbie Racer
09-13-2005, 09:36 AM
Sounds good Brett. We will plan to convoy over with Rocket-J and hook up with you guys on Sunday. :cool:

acatitude
09-13-2005, 11:10 AM
Are you doing a run before the disco bay tour? I would love to make that run also.

MOBrien
09-13-2005, 12:34 PM
yet another gathering I'll miss.....damn it! :hammerhea That's okay, I will be on the water at least.....just not there. :cool:
Have fun exploring our backyard!

Rocket-J
09-13-2005, 05:52 PM
Orwood Marina is a very popular place for breakfast, to launch and rendezvous. It is just North of Discovery Bay with a sheltered launch ramp. Even if you don't stop there, just tell us what time you are going by or we could all trade cell phone numbers.
Those of you coming from SoCal, bring your jackets. 10am will be about 60 degrees and it may not see 80 all day. It is still a wonderfull day cruise. Fill your tanks and plan on puting on the miles. :D Al

acatitude
09-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Rocket-J ARe you and Keith doing the sac run sunday or hangin at the delta down south????? let me know where your launching from and time. Im in for sunday somewheres.

sdpm
09-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Why is it that Hot Boat does not cover or even write about any of the Drag Boat Races any longer? Kind of a shame. The magazine use to always have pictures and coverage of them. :confused: