PDA

View Full Version : lake murray

tahitian dragon
09-12-2005, 03:19 PM
whats up group.i like to get a group together of some hot boats on lake murray for some pix and send them in to hot boat!!! e mail me at kromonator@yahoo.com .

CMZRACING
09-13-2005, 03:37 AM
donde esta lake murray?

MOPARMARLIN
09-13-2005, 06:30 AM
Are U Talking About Lake Murray In South Carolina. Whats The Date. How Many Boats Are U Expecting. Several Guys Here In Nc Could Probably Make It
Mopar

MarKist
09-13-2005, 06:39 AM
hey Steve, I don't think you wanna put your boat in S.C. water our boats are not allowed 450.00 fine for open headers just ask Jr.Jetter he was there!!
Markist

MarKist
09-13-2005, 06:44 AM
here is the post Phil made
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64623&highlight=lake+wylie+beware
Markist

MOPARMARLIN
09-13-2005, 06:59 AM
Yep U Are Right Mark
Definitely Dont Want No 450.00 Ticket.

tahitian dragon
09-13-2005, 01:29 PM
first, im basically waiting on feedback as to set a date. on this lake we have about 12 or so OPEN HEADER!! jet boats,many nasty outboards and some v drives.they run drags at the top of the lake 3 times a year. we had a spot in hot boat about the drags 3 yr's ago.I have been raising h*ll on this lake for 7 yr's!!! yes this year i was concerned about the noise law ,but after talking to DNR , lexington and richland sheriffs on the waterthey assured me that unless you are in a cove late at night raising hell ,dont worryabout it,ironically i was pulled by lex. sheriff last weekend in front of sandy beach(hang out at the lake). he was very cool as they all are through out all the years. he said the had complaints of noise!!!he said quote"i know your just having fun but there are some whiners on the beach complaining.so go have fun farther away from the beach and be safe" so after that im not worried about it any more!!! :skull: SO DONT FEAR,DUDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

MarKist
09-13-2005, 10:28 PM
first off Bro, I'm not doughting your word ...BUT let me let you in on something South Carolina LE don't like North Carolina boaters !!! :burningm: I mean they have a HARD ON for us!! Dude all they gotta see is our #'s on the side of the boat and it's "automatic" pull over.......and then the ticket that you better be ready to pay then!! ,not on the court date like you get here, and if you don't got the cash then, off to JAIL you go! and you boat will be inpounded...........But I'll tell ya this if you want to, you guys can come up here and have no problems at all with the LE and have your photo shoot :D
trust me, we would be there if there wasn't a problem with the LE down there....as matter of fact the only reason I didn't go to jail is Jr.Jetter had S.C. license, and get this, Jr. had allready been told once before not to come back, and he was still gonna let him go ......but wanted to take me to Jail cause I was from N.C. and I didn't have $450 to pay the fine.but Jr. took him behind the truck and got down on his........well he came back and said your free to go!!!J/K LOL (sorry Jr.Jetter coundn't resist)anyway sorry ,but you guys have fun and good luck on getting a photo shoot ,that would be kool!!
Markist

Jr Jetter
09-14-2005, 06:34 AM
Sounds like a great get together.....but I am scared to death of the SC LE (especially DNR). No fines or jail time for me just because of an old law regarding the 'size' of the exhaust diameter and nothing to do with the actual noise produced or noise levels.
I understand our issue was with a local DNR officer on the SC side of Lake Wylie, but it still doesnt set well with me to test the waters so to say on another SC lake. Like Markist stated, luckily I still had a SC drivers license last year when the chit hit the fan, but that is no more as I have a NC license, and an NC registered boat now.
So, since the law is actually on the books, and put in our face that particular day, I will have to pass.

2Sangers
09-14-2005, 06:41 AM
Thatian Dragon,
I talked to you at sandy beach last weekend after your LE encounter. We are ready for a little get together. My sanger, my dad's sanger with blown big block and bassetts, and my brothers eliminator with zoomies. We have never had any trouble on this lake from LE. No speed limit either!!

2Sangers
09-14-2005, 07:28 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2791hydro_1.jpg
I run this boat on Lake Murray on weekdays and smooth evenings with no hassle. I just put my rewarder headers back on last week, dry with no mufflers. Those zoomies have been installed on a jet boat for two weekends of hard running and we are still having fun!!

tahitian dragon
09-14-2005, 12:55 PM
whatz up 2sangers.sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet pic,must have been siesta cove,cool . we need to try to get a small group together this weekend or next!i figure we need to get a base of boats to plan this shoot.u n.c. dudes i forgot u only have your reg. # on one side,whys that???????????????????????? I read phil's post about lake wiley noise regs there are loopholes such as event, regattas etc. let me look into it will let ya know so the invite to nc guys will be ok!! :idea: hey 2sangers theres nothing like being BLOWN!!!!!!!! LOL,later

2Sangers
09-14-2005, 01:52 PM
:D Yep, thats Siesta Cove; I like that ramp for the hydro. I use my dad's ramp for the jet boat. We will be at Lowes motor speedway thru Sat for the swap meet, so maybe we can ride Sunday. See ya

DaveA
09-14-2005, 09:42 PM
I plan on being at the Auto Fair on Friday, if all goes as planned. You guys got any special place to be, or just be moving around?? You can PM me- if you got any boat stuff you're gonna try to sell, lemme know.
Super Sweet Sanger, man!
DaveA- v-driver

Jr Jetter
09-15-2005, 05:35 AM
Dragon...
Our registration numbers are on both sides, but only one side has the expiration sticker. Let us know what you can find out about a special event pass or whatever is needed. Would be good to come hang and meet new friends without worrying about the LE and SC.

Ospreyproduction
09-15-2005, 06:36 PM
We are looking to shoot a show on jet drag boats and if your having an event on Lake Murray please let me know. Here's a link to the Extreme Marine TV trailer.
www.extrememarinetv.com
This is a trailer for the first show of the series. STV single OB's were the subject but we're shooting all types of boats. Thats what makes the show cool!
We are in Charleston, SC so scheduling a production date would be pretty easy.
Lee Dashiell
Osprey Production Group
843-452-9412

BIGCHRIS
09-16-2005, 05:26 PM
first, im basically waiting on feedback as to set a date. on this lake we have about 12 or so OPEN HEADER!! jet boats,many nasty outboards and some v drives.they run drags at the top of the lake 3 times a year. we had a spot in hot boat about the drags 3 yr's ago.I have been raising h*ll on this lake for 7 yr's!!! yes this year i was concerned about the noise law ,but after talking to DNR , lexington and richland sheriffs on the waterthey assured me that unless you are in a cove late at night raising hell ,dont worryabout it,ironically i was pulled by lex. sheriff last weekend in front of sandy beach(hang out at the lake). he was very cool as they all are through out all the years. he said the had complaints of noise!!!he said quote"i know your just having fun but there are some whiners on the beach complaining.so go have fun farther away from the beach and be safe" so after that im not worried about it any more!!! :skull: SO DONT FEAR,DUDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
TD,keep us posted on the date,i have got several friends that have been down there when u guys have been there racing ,they said it was a wild time and we have maybe 4 to 8 boats that might could show up :)

TrickMarine.net
09-16-2005, 05:50 PM
I've never been hassled about noise in either North or South Carolina.
Hope it stays that way.

DaveA
09-16-2005, 08:38 PM
I've never been hassled about noise in either Northor South Carolina.
Hope it stays that way.
Hope it does, too.
There is a piece in the Charlotte Observer, aka 'Disturber' newspaper in the "Lake Norman Neighbors" section just this week about lake residents complaining about "noisy Fountain/Cigarette boats". The paper is just stirring the pot. Many of the lake residents that commented are calling for tough laws against noise (we've been thru this before- the laws are there- nobody enforces, or just selectively enforces them). One even was surprised that Captain's Call or Silent Choice existed ("You mean, all they gotta do is flip a switch??") Hopefully this will die down during the fall/winter months, but it'll come up again next year. The LN Marine commission is about to elect a new chairman, and he's a law enforcement official from Mecklenburg County (Charlotte).
The problem here is that all these boat dealers are selling I/O's with big blocks and thru-transom exhausts because that's what their buyer wants. But will the dealers go to the media or to law enforcement to protect the product they've sold to their customers? NO WAY. Not around here. They don't want to stick their own heads out of the foxhole and risk getting it shot off. They'll let the individual boat owner take that hit. You know what follows.
With Duke Power/Crescent Land & Timber selling/developing every waterfront acre they have in inventory on Norman, Wylie, and Lake James, etal, we'll have more and more noise about noise in the coming months/years. Law enforcement knows what the law states, and as Tahitian Dragon stated, LE will probably tell us that they've had complaints and to move further away from the shoreline, hopefully.
We discussed this topic earlier this year, here's the link:
LKN noise (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69585&highlight=noise)
A review wouldn't hurt.
DaveA

tahitian dragon
09-21-2005, 05:32 PM
whats up dudes????? I'm going to hit the lake this sunday for a little hell raising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2sangers and j. l. ,hope u show.They are pulling a B 25 bomber out the lake by the dam ,we need to check that out ,maybe we can help them wash it off with our jets!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL. everybody,talked to lee at extreme marine productions and he would like to set up a date (april,its looking like)to do a production on JET BOATS,how cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If we can get together abig crowd from V.A.,TENN,GA.,N.C.,S.C.,and florida or whereever , this thing can be killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! those pix from lake anna are tight,lots of
BLOWERS ,baby, U A,LL ck it out!!!!!!!!!!!!! any body what 2 hook up on the lake sunday e mailme at kromonator@yahoo NOTHING LIKE ,TAKES A LICKING AND KEEPS ON SQUIRTING,LOL later!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaveA
09-21-2005, 09:32 PM
Here ya go, a B25C from the bottom of Lake Murray!
What it looks like- see the Big picture:Go here (http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=87700&password=&sort=1&thecat=)
/

BIGCHRIS
09-24-2005, 06:14 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2791hydro_1.jpg
I run this boat on Lake Murray on weekdays and smooth evenings with no hassle. I just put my rewarder headers back on last week, dry with no mufflers. Those zoomies have been installed on a jet boat for two weekends of hard running and we are still having fun!!
That looks like Mike Hills old hydro,it looks great :D

DaveA
09-24-2005, 06:19 PM
Yea, nice looking hydro; we don't see many of them around here!
More on the B25:
More photos of the B25 out of Lake Murray (http://lee.cosw.sc.edu/b25c/index.html)

BIGCHRIS
09-24-2005, 06:25 PM
Yea, nice looking hydro; we don't see many of them around here!
More on the B25:
More photos of the B25 out of Lake Murray (http://lee.cosw.sc.edu/b25c/index.html)
Thanx dave,I am having a hard time finding anything out about this project,are u taking the pics yourself

2Sangers
09-26-2005, 05:19 AM
Bigchris, you mean this one? Took it out yesterday for a blast with the carb linkage working properly and ran 97.9 at 6300 rpm. I guess Mike was right about those 40 over gears!!http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/2791101_0169.jpg

BIGCHRIS
09-26-2005, 06:55 AM
Bigchris, you mean this one? Took it out yesterday for a blast with the carb linkage working properly and ran 97.9 at 6300 rpm. I guess Mike was right about those 40 over gears!!http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/2791101_0169.jpg
Yea Sang,I always liked that boat.We all need to get together sometime either up there or G wood.We have alot of good places to go boating in this area,Clarks Hill is nice also :mix:

tahitian dragon
10-04-2005, 05:52 PM
whats up group talked to lee today ,and he ready to do a production in march so we need to get it started !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u dudes at lake anna and james got it going on,time to get the nasty east group together and show them how JET BOATS rule !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :chi: like to go up to lake james for thunder on the lake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oct 29 cool!!!!!!!my buddy james brown met a hot boater in v.a.last weekend at bowl usa ,we where running a u.a.r.a. series up there ,small world!!!!!!!!!!!!later>>>>>>>>>>..................

jets4me
10-04-2005, 06:25 PM
It was me he met at the bowl usa jets4 me and i am trying to go to james if i get my motor back together need to get more jets to go to james it is a good cause so bring them out see ya

tahitian dragon
10-26-2005, 06:01 PM
The News Is The Spent250,000,oo Pulling The B 25 Up But It,s 2 F####ed Up 2 Finish (what The F########## Ever)damn Big Waste Of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$oh Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!