View Full Version : Fbc4????

jamessampica
09-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Is there going to be a FBC4 this year?
JIM S
P.S. Just wondering?????

MudPumper
09-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Some say no, but I say, lets do it. We can call it FKAFBC (Formarly Known AS Freeboard Challenged)

wsuwrhr
09-12-2005, 05:03 PM
Some say no, but I say, lets do it. We can call it FKAFBC (Formarly Known AS Freeboard Challenged)
I will third that
Brian

Cs19
09-12-2005, 05:14 PM
First weekend of Oct. @ Big River ?

Squirtin Thunder
09-12-2005, 05:30 PM
First weekend of Oct. @ Big River ?
Oct. 8 is the Parker 300 so No way !!!! :D

jamessampica
09-12-2005, 05:40 PM
Ok let's pick a date that's good for everyone.Make sure the word get's out on all the site's.I'm in.How's the second week in Oct. sound?LATER!!!!!
JIM S

Cs19
09-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Most of the NJBA guys need a weekend in between a river trip and the races.
I still say 1st weekend. One of the days we can watch the 300. I hear that race might not happen anyways?

jamessampica
09-12-2005, 06:14 PM
well that's ok with me but how about everyone else?Let's get a date set so we have enough time to make reservation's.chris you know we might be the only one's out there.Later!!!!
JIM S

Dogballs
09-12-2005, 06:21 PM
Dag Nabit
I just rented a house from Sept 30th - Oct4 on the water just north of the Needles bridge with a private ramp and beach and we will have 5 boats going. Lets set FC4 up for Needles Marina(change of venue) like the v-drive deal they have there. There are cabins as well as camping spots, the water is plenty deep and there are a few fast boats in the Needles area that I know of that will be happy its there.
Balls

BUSBY
09-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Oct. 8th is my B-day :idea: might be a good place to celebrate ...

Dogballs
09-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Are you guys talking Oct 1 & 2
or
Oct 8 & 9 ???????????? :D

Squirtin Thunder
09-12-2005, 06:38 PM
Oct. 8th is my B-day :idea: might be a good place to celebrate ...
So Brian you are coming out to help me at the Parker 300 for your birthday, right :idea: ???

jamessampica
09-12-2005, 06:53 PM
I'm thinking it should be the first weekend of the month.{Oct.1st thru Oct.2nd}And i'm thinking about showing up on friday if i can get a room at BR.Oh yes the # is 760-665-9440 hotel.I'm calling them Monday for reservation's.Later!!!!!
Jim S
P.s.Come and join us Busby and start the B-Day early.

Squirtin Thunder
09-12-2005, 07:14 PM
Dag Nabit
I just rented a house from Sept 30th - Oct4 on the water just north of the Needles bridge with a private ramp and beach and we will have 5 boats going. Lets set FC4 up for Needles Marina(change of venue) like the v-drive deal they have there. There are cabins as well as camping spots, the water is plenty deep and there are a few fast boats in the Needles area that I know of that will be happy its there.
Balls
I think Needles is a good place to have it !!!

Cs19
09-12-2005, 07:25 PM
Either one of those dates works for me. Needles works for me too, its gonna be one hell of a challenge to convince the big river guys to go somewhere else though.
The 8-9th might be the best bet for everyone?

Squirtin Thunder
09-12-2005, 07:40 PM
Either one of those dates works for me. Needles works for me too, its gonna be one hell of a challenge to convince the big river guys to go somewhere else though.
The 8-9th might be the best bet for everyone?
I will be in Parker that weekend racing in the Parker 300 !!!

tahitijet
09-12-2005, 07:50 PM
We would attend either one of those weekends. Is there camping or is it a hotel deal like CBBB?

jamessampica
09-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Ok then it's going to be on the 8th and 9th.And yes you can camp or do the hotel.Let's keep it at big River just because the FBC's were there.Sound's like a plan.Let's do this gathering.I'm calling Big River Inn for reservation's.Let's pass the word!!!!LATER!!!!
JIM S

Squirtin Thunder
09-12-2005, 08:31 PM
Ok then it's going to be on the 8th and 9th.And yes you can camp or do the hotel.Let's keep it at big River just because the FBC's were there.Sound's like a plan.Let's do this gathering.I'm calling Big River Inn for reservation's.Let's pass the word!!!!LATER!!!!
JIM S
Have fun !!!

Dogballs
09-12-2005, 08:32 PM
OK
The 8th & 9th @ at Big River. Somehow, I think this will be the biggest FC ever. Let the Internet do its magic. :idea:

Cs19
09-12-2005, 08:38 PM
8th and 9th sounds good. We can go watch the Parker 300 for a little bit while we are up there.

Squirtin Thunder
09-12-2005, 08:39 PM
8th and 9th sounds good. We can go watch the Parker 300 for a little bit while we are up there.
Thanks Chris !!!!

moneysucker
09-12-2005, 10:27 PM
I am not saying I will go. We all know what happens when I say that and end up flaking out. I will make reservations though.

Squirtin Thunder
09-13-2005, 01:19 AM
Just a quick question -----
Has anyone consulted Roostwear about having a FC4 or using the FC4 copyrighted name ???
Just curious !!! :idea:

Cs19
09-13-2005, 08:30 AM
Maybe if we tell Roostwear that there will be fist fights at the outramp to carry on the tradition he will let us use the name.(j/k)..If he would rather us change the name for whatever reason, we can do that,no problem.Mike, let us know.
FYI...If you or your crew cant handle your coors light dont show up, its all about boats and friends,not scrapping.
Late

Dogballs
09-13-2005, 08:34 AM
Maybe we will call it the BIG RIVER BANANZA tm, R :crossx:

moneysucker
09-13-2005, 09:05 AM
Or "Wakephobia 1"

Dogballs
09-13-2005, 09:22 AM
Or
Get Drunk, Run it like you stole it, then knock someone out at the Ramp

LGCDEVIL
09-13-2005, 10:37 AM
8th & 9th.....It's on :messedup:

LGCDEVIL
09-13-2005, 10:38 AM
Gonna have a turnout like the lumberyard?

Bense468
09-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Who got cleaned up at the ramp?

cyclone
09-13-2005, 12:08 PM
Out of respect for Mike, lets just call it the "Bench Racers Reunion" or something like that. No need to steal the FBC name.
I'm in for the weekend of the 8th. that'll give me time in between BR and the last race at Ming to get ready.

BIGAMIST
09-13-2005, 12:08 PM
Can slow boats show up too? :coffeycup

Dogballs
09-13-2005, 12:41 PM
Who got cleaned up at the ramp?
Some Sea Doo Barney! :boxingguy

NELSON#109
09-13-2005, 01:28 PM
Gonna have a turnout like the lumberyard?
ILL BRING MY SHINY NEW GOLD WATCH!!!!
N***** PLEASE

Squirtcha?
09-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Can slow boats show up too? :coffeycup
Absolutely................I'm going. Made reservations at Big River Inn for October 7th and 8th (Friday and Saturday night).

LGCDEVIL
09-13-2005, 04:14 PM
ILL BRING MY SHINY NEW GOLD WATCH!!!!
N***** PLEASE
You there, Nelson? Better keep an eye on the new bling.

RCB19
09-13-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm in just made my Rez up at the Inn. Nelson, clean the CBBB river scum off that CP and get your azz out there. Late.

jamessampica
09-13-2005, 04:41 PM
i just called BR inn and they are booked up full.And i don't have a room yet.Can someone please give up a room for me?If so please let me know ASAP.If not i'm first on the waiting list.But i will be there room or no room.I thought we were calling it FKAFBC {Formally Known As Freeboard Challenge}.I don't think Mike would be mad?
All boat's are welcome fast or slow!!!!!!!!!!Is this ok with all of you people?
Later!!!!!
JIM S
P.S.RCB19 you took the last room.

Squirtcha?
09-14-2005, 11:31 AM
For anyone who's interested in going.................There are other options for hotels on the Arizona side. Three hotels which are pretty reasonable and fairly comfortable. Best Western is nice, but kinda pricey (IMO). The KOFA is about the same price as Big River Inn. I've actually stayed at the KOFA and Best Western a time or two. Can't vouch for the ones listed after these three though.
Motel 6 Parker - N - 604 S California Ave - (928) 669-2133
Kofa Inn - N - 1700 S California Ave - (928) 669-2101
Best Western - N - 1012 S Geronimo Ave - (928) 669-6060
Here's a list of the rest of them. Not sure how many of them are still in business.
Alewine Motels-Apartments, 424 W Riverside Dr, Parker, AZ 85344, (928-669-2548)
Branson's Motel Marina Rv, 7804 Riverside Dr, Parker, AZ 85344, (928-667-3346)
Budget Inn Motel, 912 W Agency Ave, Parker, AZ 85344, (928-669-2566)
El Rancho Motel, 709 S California Ave, Parker, AZ 85344, (928-669-2231)
Holiday Kasbah Motel, 604 S California Ave, Parker, AZ 85344, (928-669-2133)
J T's On The Keys Resort Motel, 8982 Riverside Dr, Parker, AZ 85344, (928-667-4336)
Stardust Motel, 700 S California Ave, Parker, AZ 85344, (928-669-2278)

BIGAMIST
09-14-2005, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGAMIST
Can slow boats show up too?
Absolutely................I'm going. Made reservations at Big River Inn for October 7th and 8th (Friday and Saturday night).
I was just screwin around when I said that :D ............I've been to a couple events at Big River,great place to boat.

Squirtcha?
09-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGAMIST
Can slow boats show up too?
I was just screwin around when I said that :D ............I've been to a couple events at Big River,great place to boat.
Now I'm confused.......
Does this mean that your boat is actually fast and mine will be the only slow one? :confused:
:)

BIGAMIST
09-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Now I'm confused.......
Does this mean that your boat is actually fast and mine will be the only slow one? :confused:
:)
No Sir.....................my boat would be lucky to hit 60 :boxed: ......I posted that because most of the people that have posted in this thread I have not met yet......just talkin shit :p :D

Big Proppa
09-14-2005, 02:37 PM
I'm in - CS19 can you bring some jumper cables just in case :D

number 1 hondo
09-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Are you guys talking Oct 1 & 2
or
Oct 8 & 9 ???????????? :D
Dogball so 8th & 9th big river????????

Dogballs
09-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Dogball so 8th & 9th big river????????
Numero Uno,
YES, I will be there fo sho! :messedup: You goin out anytime between now and then?
Your Internet friend,
Balls :D

MudPumper
09-14-2005, 03:54 PM
I'm gonna do my best to make it, depends on what kind of tests I got goin on. That's gettin pretty close to graduation. Most likely I'll have to make it a 1 day trip like my last one. I'm down for it though. :devil:

FuelInMyVeins82
09-14-2005, 04:16 PM
The ball is rolling. This should be interesting.

jamessampica
09-14-2005, 04:27 PM
I got a room today at the BR Inn so i'm set.Matt Brown's going and that should be a blast.I know CS19 got a room to so that's good no Bluewater bench for him!!!!Just dogging you Chris.
I would like to personally thank the person that gave up 4 room's for the rest of us.THANK YOU!!!!!!!
LATER!!!!!!
JIM S

Cs19
09-14-2005, 05:07 PM
got my room too, they called me today saying someone cancelled 4 rooms.there is 1 left right now.
Ya'll are goin down at FB4. :2purples:

Squirtcha?
09-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Matt Brown's going and that should be a blast
JIM S
Matt doing the family thing with the Hallet or the fast thing with the Cole?

Squirtin Thunder
09-14-2005, 05:18 PM
got my room too, they called me today saying someone cancelled 4 rooms.there is 1 left right now.
Ya'll are goin down at FB4. :2purples:
OK I have one question did anyone call Mike on this ???
Or is this the new name Free Board 4

jamessampica
09-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Matt doing the family thing with the Hallet or the fast thing with the Cole?
Dan i don't know for sure.
I just got off the phone with BR INN and the guy said there's one room left it's #31 so call if you need it.
I'd call him if i had his Number!!!!!It's just a bunch of us getting together and having fun on the river.
Cs19 are you calling us out to race??????
Squirtcha when are you leaving?{Friday afternoon}
JIM S

Squirtcha?
09-14-2005, 06:34 PM
Dan i don't know for sure.
I just got off the phone with BR INN and the guy said there's one room left it's #31 so call if you need it.
I'd call him if i had his Number!!!!!It's just a bunch of us getting together and having fun on the river.
Cs19 are you calling us out to race??????
Squirtcha when are you leaving?{Friday afternoon}
JIM S
I'm all set on the room thing.
We'll be leaving on Friday, but not sure what time yet. Sorta depends on work and when Letty is gonna drop the boys off at their dads place.
I was just curious as to which boat. I had a chance to pedal that blown injected Cole a couple weeks ago and passed. I'd had a couple beers and didn't feel safe about the whole thing. I took a rain check and I'm sorta anxious to cash it in.
I've got Matt's number. I'll give him a shout tomorrow.

Cs19
09-14-2005, 07:10 PM
Just a warning about that room #31. Thats next to my room (#30) so dont plan on getting any sleep.
Sampica, you have officially been called out. :D

roostwear
09-14-2005, 08:23 PM
You guys can call it anything you'd like except Freeboard Challenged (anything). Come up with an original name. What I've read isn't what FC started as, and not what I'd want it to be confused with. I already PM'ed you some time ago about this Chris. If you or Mike want to talk, you have my #. I don't come here much anymore and don't post, so I won't get PMs.

Cs19
09-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Yes we talked about it, I didnt remember us talking about the name itself, but no sweat , it will be changed. Im still kinda bummed about what happened and how your over doing these things.Oh well, life goes on.
Lets get some new names flowin here.
River Rod Association's event #1 sounds good to me.

cyclone
09-14-2005, 09:19 PM
well i may be a no show for this deal. Found out why my motor was running on 7 cylinders the last two trips. Broken lifter was the culprit. Havent got the motor all the way apart to asses the damage and i wont have time to do so until after the honeymoon. if i didnt tear up the bottom end the i'll be coming out but if i did tear it up then i'll probably not be back on the water until the october race.
Roostwear- Not sure what we need to talk about but i'll give you a call after my honeymoon. Just know that chris and I are not organizing any event here, nor are we trying to steal the FBC name or thunder. We just wanted to go to the river in october test our boats and do some benchracing. i'm bummed that you arent throwing another get togethe butr no hard feelings ok?

BUSBY
09-14-2005, 09:25 PM
well i may be a no show for this deal. Found out why my motor was running on 7 cylinders the last two trips. Broken lifter was the culprit. Havent got the motor all the way apart to asses the damage and i wont have time to do so until after the honeymoon. if i didnt tear up the bottom end the i'll be coming out but if i did tear it up then i'll probably not be back on the water until the october race.
I have parts ... :)

Cs19
09-14-2005, 09:29 PM
We just wanted to go to the river in october test our boats and do some benchracing.
Exactly!
I think we might as well create a name for all of our events though just for fun. Its not like we are going to make T-shirts,cool cups and key chains, just come up with a funky name, like "The Lumberyard showdown" for example.
Mike, that sucks about the lifter, were there any signs in the valve lash of it going away? Or did it just go? Im constsntly checking my lash (every river trip) now cause Im so paranoid of that happening,they are coming out this winter for inspection.Also, what brand of lifter? On the bright side,you got some pretty good life out of them.

cyclone
09-14-2005, 09:53 PM
I have parts ... :)
thanks dude. parts are not the problem. machine work can be done in a week or so. problem will be me not being around for a week and a half to work on it. i think i can make it. we'll see

cyclone
09-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Exactly!
I think we might as well create a name for all of our events though just for fun. Its not like we are going to make T-shirts,cool cups and key chains, just come up with a funky name, like "The Lumberyard showdown" for example.
Mike, that sucks about the lifter, were there any signs in the valve lash of it going away? Or did it just go? Im constsntly checking my lash (every river trip) now cause Im so paranoid of that happening,they are coming out this winter for inspection.Also, what brand of lifter? On the bright side,you got some pretty good life out of them.
there may have been a sign or two that i just didn't recognize. i lashed the valves before CBBB and after a few minutes of running up river the boat started idling weird and at part throttle it felt like it was down a cylinder. Didnt make any full passes that weekend so i couldnt check peak rpm to see if it was down. After that trip i put the new valve springs in place and didnt check the lash before i installed them. Check the old springs and they were fine but never did check the valve lash before i installed the new ones. Also had some pump work done at this time.
lake tested at elsinore and came back with a couple of loose rockers. Figured that since i was thrashing i brain farted and didnt tighten them enough. Motor was down on rpm but i attrbuted it to the pump work. So I Re lashed the valves again and went out labor day weekend. Same deal. running on 7 instead of 8. Re lashed the valves each morning that weekendd and i just wasnt paying attention to the fact that the same rocker was loose each time i checked them. Today i had Brule look at it and he noticed the #6 exhaust valve wasn't opening all the way. pulled the intake off and saw that the roller was gone from the lifter. The pin was still there but the roller was gone and the lifter was wedged onto the cam lobe. Didnt destroy it but there is definately some metal in the oil because when i pulled the distributor out i found some particles on the shaft.

Dogballs
09-15-2005, 06:51 AM
Cyclone,
Sorry to hear about the valve train issues. Get that boat together and bring it out. Your boat is the ride everyone recognizes at all these events! :D
Balls

Unchained
09-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Cyclone,
I'm in the middle of a similar repair. I noticed that the exhaust tone changed the last few times out on the left bank and it turned out that I had about .030 extra clearance on #3 exhaust valve. I took off the rockers and pushrods and was able to fish the pair of roller lifters out the through the head.
The roller was still intact (but ugly) and the needle bearings were eating their way into the axle like last time when I had this problem. These solid roller lifters only last about 120 hrs and then their shot.
A local engine shop had a good used single roller lifter from a small block that I got for free and it exactly replaced the bad one I had so I swapped it, reinstalled it and never had to pull the intake manifold. I'm just looking to finish the season and then have the whole set rebuilt again.
What brought this to my attention was last Saturday after I raced (and won) against a nitrous injected hydro owned and driven by John Haas's son. I lost all oil pressure and had to be towed back to the launch.
I pulled the engine and the pan. It appears the oil pump pickup had broke off the tube some time ago (that explains some things) and the pickup tube had injested a small piece of aluminum from the windage tray mount. That siezed up the pump and broke the pump shaft and boogered up the driveshaft. I'm putting in a new one tonight and will be back on the water this saturday.
I inspected the #1 rod bearing and it appears I caught it before any bearing damage occured.
I'm thinking I'm going to need to inspect things more often with this beast running at this level and with all the hours I put on it.

Cs19
09-15-2005, 07:46 AM
Thats sucks unchained, but catching problems in advance is the key. Good catch there on both the lifter and oil pump pick up.
Gotta stay on top of the lash to check for problems. For the last 13 months Ive been doing the lash after every river trip or race and keeping a log of what I see in the lash.It sounds stupid, but it somes in handy.

victorfb
09-15-2005, 09:29 AM
Roostwear- Not sure what we need to talk about but i'll give you a call after my honeymoon. Just know that chris and I are not organizing any event here, nor are we trying to steal the FBC name or thunder. We just wanted to go to the river in october test our boats and do some benchracing. i'm bummed that you arent throwing another get togethe butr no hard feelings ok?[/QUOTE]
i believe mike (roostwear) has explained in the past ( both online and verbally) why he may not put on an "FC4" event. and doesnt want the name being used. from what i gather its all about the fact that there seems to be an element that is attending that believes fights and rowdyness is all part of boating. i would imagine most anyone wouldnt want that to be assosiated with thier group, club, team, or company. if FC or Freeboard challenged gets the reputation of being a bunch of rowdy, drunken, fighting boaters, then roostwear will never get the respect at any park to be able to throw another one. cyclone you should know, you got banned from big river for the rowdyness and loud music. imagine if you had a race team, or a buisness, assosiated with the name cyclone, then someone else used your name and started discracing it. you would be the one to get part of the blame. now im not picking on you mike, im just using you as an example as you are a key focal point to many of these events. a well recognized boat and name.
and on a differant note. real sorry to hear about the motor. hope you get it going soon. have a great honeymoon, and congradulations on the marraige.

cyclone
09-15-2005, 10:48 AM
Roostwear- Not sure what we need to talk about but i'll give you a call after my honeymoon. Just know that chris and I are not organizing any event here, nor are we trying to steal the FBC name or thunder. We just wanted to go to the river in october test our boats and do some benchracing. i'm bummed that you arent throwing another get togethe butr no hard feelings ok?
i believe mike (roostwear) has explained in the past ( both online and verbally) why he may not put on an "FC4" event. and doesnt want the name being used. from what i gather its all about the fact that there seems to be an element that is attending that believes fights and rowdyness is all part of boating. i would imagine most anyone wouldnt want that to be assosiated with thier group, club, team, or company. if FC or Freeboard challenged gets the reputation of being a bunch of rowdy, drunken, fighting boaters, then roostwear will never get the respect at any park to be able to throw another one. cyclone you should know, you got banned from big river for the rowdyness and loud music. imagine if you had a race team, or a buisness, assosiated with the name cyclone, then someone else used your name and started discracing it. you would be the one to get part of the blame. now im not picking on you mike, im just using you as an example as you are a key focal point to many of these events. a well recognized boat and name.
and on a differant note. real sorry to hear about the motor. hope you get it going soon. have a great honeymoon, and congradulations on the marraige.[/QUOTE]
Maybe because i'm not privy to all the facts, but wasn't the altercation an isolated incident? I wasn't aware that FC was being tarnished by people partying. I heard someone took a swing at Mike but that doesn't mean its going to happen again. Regardless, I understand his frustration.
Like i said, no one is trying to organize any event with that name. But the same group of fun loving boaters that have come to look forward to the gathering at Big River in October is still going to get together whether mike decides to show up, organize an event or whatnot. I think i can speak for everyone when i say we just like to boat and get together with our friends and will do so even if there isn't an "event" going on.
happy late 40th Vic!

victorfb
09-15-2005, 11:06 AM
well from what i remember, hallet dave also had an altercation. hence his his new name "bitchslappindave". all that aside though, i think its just the matter of not affiliating anyone to any certian gathering. we all love to go boating with our groups of friends and thats what it should be, a bunch of friends. hope i didnt offend you mike for useing you and your name as an example. i was just trying to get the point across of having a name affiliated to a gathering, and how it can be an issue. no bad insinuations were toward you man.
and thanks for the birthday wishes. :D

Wicked Performance Boats
09-15-2005, 11:20 AM
How about" The 1st annual Big River Submarine Races"? Budlight :D

Dogballs
09-15-2005, 01:35 PM
How about: The Big River Tea Party!

jamessampica
09-15-2005, 06:04 PM
I did not intend to steal anyone's event name nor mean't to call this gathering in oct. FC.If that's the way {ROOSTWEAR} read it then i'm sorry this was not the reason to gather some boating friend's at the river.Since i was the person that asked if there was going to be a FBC4 this year i did not mean ANY DISRESPECT toward's you {ROOSTWEAR}.
CS19 you offically called me out to race you.Well i'm going to do some tuning on my fuel curve first then we'll see. :rollside: :rollside:
I'm going to have fun and then???????????
JIM S
P.S.ROOSTWEAR again no disrespect intented!!!!!

roostwear
09-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Jim, none taken.
BTW, your email account won't accept mail.

river redy
09-15-2005, 06:50 PM
Call it Octoberiverfest 1

Cs19
09-15-2005, 06:51 PM
OKaaaay, we aernt using the FB4 name, glad we cleared that up.

Nucking futs
09-15-2005, 06:54 PM
Big River Burndown. season closer, use your shit up , I already did !!! :cry: :cry:

victorfb
09-16-2005, 12:12 AM
Call it Octoberiverfest 1
im kinda liking that one. generic and to the point. good idea. :)

river redy
09-16-2005, 05:20 AM
Here is one most people can relate to MENTALLY CHALLENGED 1, I'm sure there will be a good showing of peeps :2purples: :D

LGCDEVIL
09-16-2005, 07:10 AM
We got a winner :messedup: