PDA

View Full Version : Bravo XR and Merc...

Holland
09-12-2005, 04:42 PM
Good news for me!
I took the boat to Quality Performance on Monday. Got the call thursday or so that I trashed the drive. Rob said "I have not seen that damage to an XR Drive yet..." He called Merc and they said send me the old one, a new one is on the way!!!!!
That is ONE reason for paying$$$$ for the Blue Motor Corp.." :rollside:
It will be done by next week...

NOTALENT
09-12-2005, 04:43 PM
Good news...so your selling the boat huh??

Holland
09-12-2005, 04:46 PM
Good news...so your selling the boat huh??
It is listed... We will see how it goes. I am starting a new business and this would pay off the last of my stuff. Little more comfort level. If it sells, it will be as disheartening as it is ...a good thing... for lack of better words. I will probably get a smaller one in the interim, as my family is raised on the water and life would not be the same without it...

Havasu Hangin'
09-12-2005, 04:49 PM
I believe the drive is a Mercruiser product (not Mercury Racing)...
...so I guess you can thank a bowling ball company (Brunswick) for the great warranty.

NOTALENT
09-12-2005, 04:53 PM
It is listed... We will see how it goes. I am starting a new business and this would pay off the last of my stuff. Little more comfort level. If it sells, it will be as disheartening as it is ...a good thing... for lack of better words. I will probably get a smaller one in the interim, as my family is raised on the water and life would not be the same without it...
It's always a sad day when the boat goes. Good luck in the new business. Comfort is always best, especially when starting out. You plan on taking it to elsi for a test run when it's done??

Holland
09-12-2005, 04:53 PM
I believe the drive is a Mercruiser product (not Mercury Racing)...
...so I guess you can thank a bowling ball company (Brunswick) for the great warranty.
Well, send in the pins... just package that drive up and get it the hell here before winter sets in :D

Holland
09-12-2005, 04:54 PM
It's always a sad day when the boat goes. Good luck in the new business. Comfort is always best, especially when starting out. You plan on taking it to elsi for a test run when it's done??
Absolutely, I have your cell still. I will call you and see if we can make a day of it!

Havasu Hangin'
09-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Well, send in the pins... just package that drive up and get it the hell here before winter sets in :D
I'd say you definately got a "strike"...no "gutter balls" with that warranty service.
:D
PS- did they tell you what broke? Gearset? shaft?

NOTALENT
09-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Absolutely, I have your cell still. I will call you and see if we can make a day of it!
Good shit let me know when. Im still having problems...so Im going to have
atomickitn take a look at it. See what he comes up with. Time to sell and upgrade.

Holland
09-12-2005, 04:58 PM
I'd say you definately got a "strike"...no "gutter balls" with that warranty service.
PS- did they tell you what broke? Gearset? shaft?
Ya know... I didnt have the chance to get into it, being at work when I got the call, but there was a bent shaft, I will find out tomorrow and bump this. The bent shaft was a result of something else. I gotta call him tomorrow.

Holland
09-12-2005, 05:00 PM
Good shit let me know when. Im still having problems...so Im going to have
atomickitn take a look at it. See what he comes up with. Time to sell and upgrade.
I thought you had that fixed last month before you went to Havi one trip... That sucks. I guess that is the ...fun... part of boating :idea:

NOTALENT
09-12-2005, 05:01 PM
I thought you had that fixed last month before you went to Havi one trip... That sucks. I guess that is the ...fun... part of boating :idea:
So did I... :( one thing after another....
Bust
Out
Another
Thousand

Holland
09-12-2005, 05:02 PM
So did I... :( one thing after another....
Bust
Out
Another
Thousand
Aint that the truth... Even listing mine for sale, I am still looking for crap for it. :hammerhea

Havasu Hangin'
09-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Ya know... I didnt have the chance to get into it, being at work when I got the call, but there was a bent shaft, I will find out tomorrow and bump this. The bent shaft was a result of something else. I gotta call him tomorrow.
Maybe a gearset let go and binded the shaft? I've seen gearsets let go, and even come out the side of the case...not pretty.
Hope they get you back on the water quickly....sounds like you are on your way.

Holland
09-12-2005, 05:13 PM
Maybe a gearset let go and binded the shaft? I've seen gearsets let go, and even come out the side of the case...not pretty.
Hope they get you back on the water quickly....sounds like you are on your way.
Yea...the case was intact, When it went, It was stuck in reverse only, That was a long ride to the marina.
Anyway... thanks!

Squirtin Thunder
09-12-2005, 05:57 PM
If I had my choice I would go with the Berk 12JR-A2 !!!!

missboatnam1
09-12-2005, 10:59 PM
kinda funny every drive i have ever broke the guy always says man havent seen one this bad,kinda like the salesman telling you how much the dealership your buying your car from didnt maker no money.

Holland
09-14-2005, 07:35 PM
kinda funny every drive i have ever broke the guy always says man havent seen one this bad,kinda like the salesman telling you how much the dealership your buying your car from didnt maker no money.
True... He did say that the damage was not that bad, just that he had never seen one broke "There" Before...
Its warranty, no sale here... get the new one on and let me go...