PDA

View Full Version : Ski rope in intake

mzouman
09-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Was pulling a tube today and when my brother was trading spots with his girlfriend he wasn't paying attention to the rope and it got sucked into the intake grate. I couldn't get it free and had to cut it off. :220v: It was about a 15minute run back to the ramp. Really just glad to make it!!! But anyway, should I just pull the inspection cover to get the rope out? Also is there anything else that I should check out while I'm in there. The pump is a jacuzzi yj. Thanks for your input in advance.

SmokinLowriderSS
09-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Been there, done that, 1979. Salesman told dad the Berk wouldn't suck a rope at idle due to the rock grate .... LIAR!!!! Took us over an hour to cut about 93' out through the inspection hole. Shouldn't be anything else wrong, just make sure to get it all out and might as well check out the impeller leading edges while you are there for dents, dings, curls, etc.

MudPumper
09-12-2005, 08:32 PM
That's what you get for pullin tubers :crossx: :wink:

SmokinLowriderSS
09-13-2005, 05:29 AM
I'll bet, since my tube-rope is bigger, that it won't suck THAT with the rock grate at idle. Waitaminit......... I put a pro-loader in last year...... maybe better not try it. :smile: