PDA

View Full Version : Jet guy with a boat question...

SmokinLowriderSS
09-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Ok, just what are these "letter boats", K-boats, B-boats, what else is there? Can you guys (I'm sure you can), explain some of the major differences anyhow. I scan/lurk over a lot of the forums here (staying mostly in gearheads, jets, and the sandbar) but I learn stuf all over and would like to understand these "different" boats. Thx guys.

Moneypitt
09-12-2005, 08:35 PM
Well I'll try.....A K boat is a circle race class, the granddaddy of the flats, blown, some injected, most on alcohol, Gordy Jennings' kilo record still stands at 146 MPH (I think). A "B" boat is slang for a Beezemier, (sp) There are many many copies of the B boat hull out there, Revenge for example, but the original B boats are greatly in demand. SS boats(superstockers) are also a flatbottom race class, as are the PS (pro stock) and the P boats which are Crackerboxes, and of course the GN (grandnational) v bottom circle racers...Hope this helps clear up a few things for you.........MP

dmontzsta
09-12-2005, 08:39 PM
I think MP pretty much covered it. Except all K Boats are blown, injected and on alcohol, its the rules.

Moneypitt
09-12-2005, 08:47 PM
IHBA or APBA?? Or both???......MP

Kindsvater Flat
09-12-2005, 08:51 PM
IHBA or APBA?? Or both???......MP
You forgot NKRA! :D

SUI-CY-COLE DIMARCO
09-12-2005, 08:52 PM
im getting dizzy again........ :D
jerry please explain the joneson for the circlejerks... :lightsabe :boxingguy
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

V-DRIVES RULE
09-13-2005, 08:22 AM
Ok heres the skinny B-BOAT= Biesemeyer is the original design all others are splashes! K-BOATS Blown alcohol S/S single carb and current Kilo record holder is RIVER CLASS K-11 147.00 mph We live in the present not in the past!! And the year that the K's only mattered was 71-76 where JulianPettingill ''desimated'' the BEST drivers in all class's K's S/s's SK's P/S's Your only as good as the COMPETITION you Raced against!!! class over :idea: :idea: :D :D

Terminal Velocity
09-13-2005, 10:10 AM
Ok heres the skinny B-BOAT= Biesemeyer is the original design all others are splashes! K-BOATS Blown alcohol S/S single carb and current Kilo record holder is RIVER CLASS K-13 147.00 mph We live in the present not in the past!! And the year that the K's only mattered was 71-76 where JulianPettingill ''desimated'' the BEST drivers in all class's K's S/s's SK's P/S's Your only as good as the COMPETITION you Raced against!!! class over :idea: :idea: :D :D
ummm just one more lesson in class, it was P/C Pro Comp back then not P/S Pro Stock.
Carry on....

V-DRIVES RULE
09-13-2005, 11:34 AM
ummm just one more lesson in class, it was P/C Pro Comp back then not P/S Pro Stock.
Carry on....I stand corrected thank you!!

CircleJerk
09-13-2005, 10:21 PM
'H' stands for the name of Irv Brendells dog named 'Hondo' and his famous boats of the same name.
'L' is the abreviation for Lavey-Craft boats especially the Model 'C' type circle boats with a 'OOAK' (one of a kind) 'TL' (trunk lid).
That 'LD' (long deck) brand ran with some of the best 'CBs' (circle boats) in the 71-76 period. Then drag boats 'DB' and 'JB' (jet boats) or 'JBTI' (jetboat towed in) :) There also were 'b's (Beisemeyer, Revenge, Daytona, Bolton Spitfire and Bezer) and 'H's (Hallet) 'LD's with 'S' (Sanger) 'BD' (bubble decks) or 'SBD's with one squared corner or 'RSBD' (rare sanger bubble decks) just to name a few. but dont get the 'SBD's confused with the Howard Bubble Decks: 'HBD' or 'HRB' (Howard runner bottoms)! There are lots and lots of 'RB' runner bottoms with other names but I dont want to confuse you! Did someone cover 'E' boats? :confused:
"KRR' (K racing runabout) or abreviated 'K' (nasty) boats used to be 'FI' (fuel injected) or supercharged 'BA' (blown alcohol) until some of the blown boats were beaten by injected and even carbureted boats similar to the current 'PS' 'CB's. Then some group got together and the 'BS' flew until the 'K' class rules read you had to be 'BA' or 'BG' (gas). Now they are the only 'FB' (flatbottom) class required to have capsules within 'APBA' (american power boat association) the CBs king boat racing club or 'KBRC'......'CB' is citizens band....and SW is........
Enough 'BS' (Barron Sprint) for the night, maybe some one else would care to elaborate.
Dont give up friend, there's a wealth of knowledge here!

CircleJerk
09-13-2005, 10:25 PM
Sorry, how did I forget 'HB'???????????????????????????(has been)!

Moneypitt
09-14-2005, 09:57 AM
94.98 MPH
Class 01330 - K RACING RUNABOUT Saturday, September 28, 1991 Record Type 5 MI/5 LAP
Location OROVILLE CA Driver GORDON JENNINGS Owner RICHARD THOMPSON
Boat FREEDOM Hull Type RB BOATS Engine PFAFF
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
107.16 MPH
Class 01330 - K RACING RUNABOUT Saturday, June 25, 1994 Record Type 5 MI/4 LAP
Location ST. PETERSBURG, FL Driver DUFF D. DAILY Owner DUFF D. DAILY
Boat STEELER Hull Type REVENGE Engine CHRYSLER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
114.07 MPH
Class 01330 - K RACING RUNABOUT Sunday, March 27, 1983 Record Type 5 MI/3 LAP
Location YELM, WA Driver GEORGE WOODS JR. Owner ED TRIHEY
Boat BAD COMPANY Hull Type HONDO Engine CHEV.
146.65 MPH
Class 01330 - K RACING RUNABOUT Saturday, September 30, 1989 Record Type KILO
Location LINCOLN CITY, OR Driver GORDON JENNINGS Owner RICHARD THOMPSON
Boat FREEDOM Hull Type R.B. BOATS Engine PFAFF
K-13????????

waterwitch
09-15-2005, 07:13 AM
I actrully just learned alot. Thanks
Moneypitt.
Sooooo.... what is ours? :D

olbiezer
09-15-2005, 10:46 AM
thanks money for that lesson .......i thought u forgot brron sprints for a while there but u made a strong comeback toward the end.......learned a few abrevations myself!!!

dmontzsta
09-15-2005, 10:47 AM
I actrully just learned alot. Thanks
Moneypitt.
Sooooo.... what is ours? :D
I think yours is a Nordic right?
:D

Moneypitt
09-15-2005, 10:51 AM
It was circlejerk that had the great explanations of all (or most) possible "letter" boats. I only related the K and B thing, as well as ACTUAL APBA K Boat records, none of which are held by "B" boats.......................MP

olbiezer
09-15-2005, 11:57 AM
:frown: :frown: oh ya........lol thanks circle

Sleek26
09-15-2005, 09:00 PM
I'd like to buy a vowel!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-15-2005, 09:56 PM
Aside from the APBA class designations ie E SK SS PC PS K GN P etc Circle jerks letter abreviations were started by him and therefore he owns the rights to them. :)