PDA

View Full Version : Some 411 On Havasu -

uncle larry
09-13-2005, 09:52 AM
Here the latest........ Think you need to hire Uncle Larry As a boating lobbyest for LHC....
Gould seeks alcohol restrictions
LAKE HAVASU CITY, Ariz. – Want to make the Bridgewater Channel under the London Bridge more family friendly? State Sen. Ron Gould, R-Lake Havasu City, says he has a simple solution; extend the alcohol ban at Rotary Park into the Channel and to London Bridge Beach.
“If you don’t have people sitting around there all day long drinking, they not going to be engaged in lewd behavior,” he said.
Gould said a second benefit is that without people sitting around drinking in parked boats, they wouldnÂ’t have to idle to keep batteries charged for stereos, which would eliminate the carbon monoxide problem.
Always something in the wonderful city.....

28Prowler525
09-13-2005, 09:56 AM
And it would help get rid of the trash and the Trash.

OGShocker
09-13-2005, 09:57 AM
Morning Larry!
Thank you for keeping us posted. This should not effect me since I don't drink anymore. I don't drink any less either. I should be fairly blotto when pry that beach from my cold dead hands. :rollside:
Great seeing you this weekend even if you did flip me off. :notam:
Mark

atomickitn
09-13-2005, 09:58 AM
yeha but does he know that we would still party and be sooo leud with out all the beer? you dont have to drink to get naked!! :)

Havasu_Dreamin
09-13-2005, 10:00 AM
Don't frequent the channel as much as we used to, however, even when we do we don't sit there and drink alcohol and idle with the engine running. So, while his idea will not impact us, that seems like flawed logic.
If they really want to cut down on the lewd behavior, as they claim, arrest people for indecent exposure and not disorderly conduct. As soon as people realize they willa vhe to register as a sex offender the rest of their lives they will change their tune. Enforce the laws already on the books.

KACHINA KEN
09-13-2005, 10:02 AM
They wouldn't have to worry about anything because no one would be there. I hate these haters, people that forgot how to have a good time so they want to crush everyone elses.

Jyruiz
09-13-2005, 10:03 AM
Enforce the laws already on the books.
No kidding, everytime they want to change something, they want to make new laws. These f'n people don't have anything better to do I guess.

phebus
09-13-2005, 10:07 AM
I wonder how the shop owners in the channel feel about cutting out most of their boating business. We love to order a pizza from Papa Leon's, at the end of the day while the ramps mellow out, and have a nice cold beer with it.

Run_em_Hard
09-13-2005, 10:11 AM
I dont' understand why they want to just not allow alcohol. Just to make it more family oriented. First they have rotary park and steam boat where people with familys go for a cleaner form of partying. Than on the big weekends they shutdown the sandbar. All that they are going to do is drive away all of the people that go there to kick back, drink and have a good time. Which is about 70%. If they ban it there we will just find somewhere else to go.

Wonderboy
09-13-2005, 10:14 AM
This is good because they need to protect us from ourselves. Even if I don't want to smell the fumes or see naked boobies, I can't help myself and some how always end up in the Channel. So if they pass this then it will all stop. People won't run their motors but instead use oars to get through the channel. And women will start wearing turttle necks. :hammerhea

atomickitn
09-13-2005, 10:18 AM
maybe they should just open the sand bar back up ,then the channel will be safe for families again! :idea:

Havasu_Dreamin
09-13-2005, 10:28 AM
maybe they should just open the sand bar back up ,then the channel will be safe for families again! :idea:
I doubt that would have any big impact on it. Will it lessen it, sure since some peeps will not be there, but they still have these problems on the non-holiday weekends so the Sandbar is not really a direct casue. Also, LHC has no jurisdiction over opening or closing of the Sandbar, that's strictly Mohave County or San Bernadino County or both together.

HocusPocus
09-13-2005, 10:38 AM
i just go during the weekdays and avoid all holiday trips there.. i never have a problem taking my family to the channel.

atomickitn
09-13-2005, 10:38 AM
ooh wishfull thinking i guess :wink:

SummitKarl
09-13-2005, 10:50 AM
I definetly don't need beer to be stupid....I logged on to HB sober :smile:
to me this would be a good thing, I think it might actually return the channel to a little more relaxed place, that would not require so much LE. and it would do something about the non-boaters that were leaving their trash around this year. I only see this as a positive and safe move for LHC. IMHO.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-13-2005, 11:01 AM
I definetly don't need beer to be stupid....I logged on to HB sober :smile:
to me this would be a good thing, I think it might actually return the channel to a little more relaxed place, that would not require so much LE. and it would do something about the non-boaters that were leaving their trash around this year. I only see this as a positive and safe move for LHC. IMHO.
But those very issues you mention can be taken care of with the current laws on the books. I don't drink alcohol while out on the boat, ever, so this will have no impact on me. But what it will do is punish the people that are responsible enough to drink alcohol in moderation and know their limits and don't got out in their boat after drinking all day and do soemthing stupid. Why should they be subjected to the restriction? I know, the irrespsible few screw it up for everyone, but it's getting old. Just go after the irresponsible few and make their experieince hell, they'll either learn and act accordingly next time or tey won't be back, either way, everyone wins.

ColeTR2
09-13-2005, 11:12 AM
It's that simple!!

atomickitn
09-13-2005, 11:16 AM
It's that simple!!
my 02 is what happens when you let the animale out of the zoo ?they run wild, soo contain them in one place, and controll the animals= less traffic up the gorge, and less idiots in the channel! :idea:

phebus
09-13-2005, 11:16 AM
I think State Sen. Ron Gould should have a drink, and re-think his dumb proposal. The answer is enforcing the existing laws, and not to use the shotgun approach of just banning something.
There is no reason to ban drinking in the channel, as long as the driver is responsible, and doesn't operate the boat OUI, but why couldn't passengers in the boat drink as long as they didn't create lawlessness?