PDA

View Full Version : 18 Day's and counting for Plowman's

oldbuck40
09-13-2005, 10:52 AM
is everybody getting pumped up and ready to go?

jdf
09-13-2005, 11:31 AM
so it's that many days away now

Greaser
09-13-2005, 12:23 PM
Oh you know I am ready. Hopefully the boat will be ready.
Greaser<--------keeping his fingers crossed

Taylorman
09-13-2005, 12:59 PM
18 days till i can ride in your blower boat.

oldbuck40
09-13-2005, 01:47 PM
18 days till i can ride in your blower boat.
yep!!! i may go a couple days early if greaser needs my help on the boat!

Greaser
09-13-2005, 02:22 PM
yep!!! i may go a couple days early if greaser needs my help on the boat!
Well, hopefully it will be ready. I'll have to contact Garry when it gets alil closer to the date to see how things are looking.

charlie f
09-13-2005, 02:46 PM
I am definitely ready, am trying to get a few other Taylors to come along.
I am really looking forward to see what a Taylor can do with a blower........hint, hint.
Let me know what to bring.

Brazos River Rat
09-14-2005, 03:24 AM
I should be ready ; Have to put the Drive line back in , Changed u-joints .
Should be ready by this weekend...

Greaser
09-14-2005, 08:51 AM
I should be ready ; Have to put the Drive line back in , Changed u-joints .
Should be ready by this weekend...
HHMMM......Maybe I can talk ya into showing how a v-drive rides.

jdf
09-14-2005, 09:56 AM
well if mine is done i will take you ....if not is a jet that's coming

Devilman
09-14-2005, 10:33 AM
Damn right Oldbuck! Ready for a little cooler weather too. That weekend ought to be just right right!!

Taylorman
09-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Does anyone who is going to plowmans have a split bowl that i can borrow for the weekend to troubleshoot a pump problem. I may have a f***ed up bowl, but i need to try another one to see if my bowl is the problem.

Greaser
09-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Does anyone who is going to plowmans have a split bowl that i can borrow for the weekend to troubleshoot a pump problem. I may have a f***ed up bowl, but i need to try another one to see if my bowl is the problem.
You may try to give Garry a call. He may have one lying around.

Taylorman
09-14-2005, 03:02 PM
I tried him. He doesn't have any.

Brazos River Rat
09-15-2005, 04:12 AM
Look me up . and if I don't have to many with me , I give you a ride.
Remember. that I just got this boat running and it won't be real fast.
I have a dead spot in the carb, but after that it should be OK.

sdba069
09-15-2005, 08:37 AM
I know how to fix that. By the way, good looking plumbing.

Greaser
09-15-2005, 08:45 AM
LOL I bet it does look good :rollside:

Brazos River Rat
09-15-2005, 09:24 AM
Hey Garry:
Thank again for all you hard work on the plumbing. It does look great.
I would like for you to fix it if I have time and money. J.J got the v-drive box . It squelled real loud when I was testing it, Maybe a bearing ..
If I have any money left , maybe I can get you to fix it the carb.
I did jet it down and gained another 100 RPM...

Taylorman
09-16-2005, 08:38 AM
15 days. When is everyone getting there?

TexasJet
09-16-2005, 08:47 AM
Friday around 3:00 PM

charlie f
09-16-2005, 09:05 AM
Friday apx. 6:00 -7:00 p.m.

Greaser
09-16-2005, 09:50 AM
Friday around 3:00 PM
Hey Jeff, did you find a room mate yet?
We plan on getting there around noonish on Friday

TexasJet
09-16-2005, 01:33 PM
Hey Jeff, did you find a room mate yet?
We plan on getting there around noonish on Friday
No, but I'm trying to talk Kris into coming up. Or I may invite Randall. So far it's all not firm. Got any suggestions?

Greaser
09-16-2005, 02:04 PM
No, but I'm trying to talk Kris into coming up. Or I may invite Randall. So far it's all not firm. Got any suggestions?
Well, the reason I am asking is because I finally got a conformation from my buddy Ricky (the guy we talked to at welch). So I've got him and his wife, me and Becky, her brother Matt, and I need to find out about Black and Cathy. So as you can see, we are a lil over full.

TexasJet
09-16-2005, 05:34 PM
We still have some time to work on the details. I'll give Kris a few days. Randall can't come.

Greaser
09-17-2005, 08:47 AM
We still have some time to work on the details. I'll give Kris a few days. Randall can't come.
OK, sounds good.

TexasJet
09-17-2005, 04:27 PM
Greaser, update: Kris has to go to a seminar for a week. He can't come either. What do you propose? Warning, I snore like a chainsaw when I been drinkin'. :eek:

Greaser
09-18-2005, 06:13 AM
Greaser, update: Kris has to go to a seminar for a week. He can't come either. What do you propose? Warning, I snore like a chainsaw when I been drinkin'. :eek:
Well, I need to talk to Black, to find out for sure if he is and Cathy are gonna make it. If so, then what we thought we might do is let my buddy and his wife room with Black and cathy, and Me and Becky room with you. What do ya think? Of course we will pay our share of the room fee, and supply food.

sdba069
09-18-2005, 06:39 AM
Hey Jeff....... Easy fix........... Just don't drink. Rumor has it you snore like a chainsaw whether you drink or not.

IMPATIENT 1
09-18-2005, 07:34 AM
where's the plowman event held?and when?

rrrr
09-18-2005, 08:05 AM
Here's the CoE page:
Plowman's Creek Park (http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/whitney/pages/Plowman.htm)
Party starts Friday Sept. 30. All the camping spots are full, there prolly aren't any rooms left close by. If you have a camper or whatever, maybe someone will share their spot.
It's always fun.
I'm heading out right now to go get the v-drive from our place in Farmersville. Gonna take it over to my shop and adjust the valves, throw a little tune-o-magic on it.
Hey JJ, if you read this, I need to talk to you about my Casale. Have a question or three. My cell # is 972-365-0083.

IMPATIENT 1
09-18-2005, 08:21 AM
Here's the CoE page:
Plowman's Creek Park (http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/whitney/pages/Plowman.htm)
Party starts Friday Sept. 30. All the camping spots are full, there prolly aren't any rooms left close by. If you have a camper or whatever, maybe someone will share their spot.
It's always fun.
I'm heading out right now to go get the v-drive from our place in Farmersville. Gonna take it over to my shop and adjust the valves, throw a little tune-o-magic on it.
Hey JJ, if you read this, I need to talk to you about my Casale. Have a question or three. My cell # is 972-365-0083.
my inlaws just moved outta farmersville,they lived on the golf course.little town!!i stayed with them for a couple of nites and the dairy queen gets old fast.lol

sdba069
09-18-2005, 09:28 AM
Just got off the phone with Barb at Indian Lodge. They have 2 motel rooms left. Both rooms have 2 full size beds and sleep 4. Lakeside is full. Cleburne is 25 miles from the park and Meridian is about 18 miles. There is free camping at Kimball Bend about 5 miles up the river from Plowman's. There is water but no hook-ups. Indian Lodge is 254-889-3643.

TexasJet
09-18-2005, 10:57 AM
Hey Jeff....... Easy fix........... Just don't drink. Rumor has it you snore like a chainsaw whether you drink or not.
You are a cruel man Mr. Snow, but pretty much accurate.

rrrr
09-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Ahhhhh, got the ol' FE rumbling real nice. Now all I gotta do is show up and have fun. You gonna get to see an old man in an old v-drive haulin' azz!!!! :2purples: :2purples: :D :D :D

Greaser
09-19-2005, 03:00 PM
Ahhhhh, got the ol' FE rumbling real nice. Now all I gotta do is show up and have fun. You gonna get to see an old man in an old v-drive haulin' azz!!!! :2purples: :2purples: :D :D :D
Great, cant wait to see you and that kick ass sled again. See ya there.

Greaser
09-19-2005, 03:05 PM
Hey Jeff, check your PM's

taylormanss
09-27-2005, 10:07 AM
I am definitely ready, am trying to get a few other Taylors to come along.
I am really looking forward to see what a Taylor can do with a blower........hint, hint.
Let me know what to bring.
how about a taylormanss?

charlie f
09-27-2005, 12:56 PM
Look forward to seeing you Taylormanss, we will be bringing two SJs. I am sitting at a trade show in Chicago looking over the lake. I cant wait to get home friday and head out. See you there.

rrrr
09-28-2005, 09:32 AM
Hey Charlie, I've seen your boat at Collin Park. Didn't have time to say hello, we were launching our boat.
Seeya on Friday, we'll talk then.

oldbuck40
09-28-2005, 02:00 PM
Hey Charlie, I've seen your boat at Collin Park. Didn't have time to say hello, we were launching our boat.
Seeya on Friday, we'll talk then.man am i ever ready to hit the road! Ron tell Fonda she better be ready to party! cant wait :D :D :D

Taylorman
09-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Does anyone need a room for Plowmans. I may not be able to make it. I have a double room with 2 beds reserved at Indian Lodge reserved. I will know for sure tomorrow. If i don't go, someone can have my room. :( :( :(

oldbuck40
09-29-2005, 05:44 AM
Does anyone need a room for Plowmans. I may not be able to make it. I have a double room with 2 beds reserved at Indian Lodge reserved. I will know for sure tomorrow. If i don't go, someone can have my room. :( :( :(dont start talking like that now kevin! you get yourself up here and have a good time! im sure unless its a family thing that it will be waiting for you when you get back!!! hope everything is ok!

Taylorman
09-29-2005, 06:24 AM
Beleive me, i want to go and im sitting here pissed off cause i can't make it. I just have so much going on right now that i have things to get done. My dad is in the same position. Im need to stay to help him also so we can get all out stuff done before we leave for Colorado. Im gonna have to pass. Oh well, next year. If anyone needs my room, let me know and i'll call the lodge.

Devilman
09-29-2005, 08:29 AM
Sorry to hear it.... No possibility of change??

oldbuck40
09-29-2005, 08:42 AM
Beleive me, i want to go and im sitting here pissed off cause i can't make it. I just have so much going on right now that i have things to get done. My dad is in the same position. Im need to stay to help him also so we can get all out stuff done before we leave for Colorado. Im gonna have to pass. Oh well, next year. If anyone needs my room, let me know and i'll call the lodge.what happened to all that smack talkin??? well i know what your trying to get done with the house and all and hunting is right around the corner!!! damn bud your sure gonna be missed,if at all possible try and swing it!

Greaser
09-29-2005, 08:52 AM
what happened to all that smack talkin??? well i know what your trying to get done with the house and all and hunting is right around the corner!!! damn bud your sure gonna be missed,if at all possible try and swing it!
Ditto buddy, you gotta take care of the important things, like hunting. I totally understand.

Taylorman
09-29-2005, 09:07 AM
what happened to all that smack talkin??? well i know what your trying to get done with the house and all and hunting is right around the corner!!! damn bud your sure gonna be missed,if at all possible try and swing it!
I can still talk smack since i can't go back it up. IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Pissed cause i want to go

oldbuck40
09-29-2005, 10:30 AM
I can still talk smack since i can't go back it up. IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Pissed cause i want to gowell you know what we say,,,,,GET ER DONE!!!!

Taylorman
09-29-2005, 11:15 AM
Everyone take a bunch of pictures for me.