PDA

View Full Version : X dimension....

Bryan Rose
09-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Well in my quest of finding the right prop for this boat 97 27 ZX step hull, I was advised by Julie at Throttle Up props to do some measuring. Well I had her on the phone and was doing the measurements. I took a stright edge off the bottom of the keel with the drive trinmmed paralell with the keel and measured to the propshaft center line. The result 8 inches, she said no good, this put my lower cav plate 1/2 inch above the keel line and I was told now I am dragging this through the water also. Now she has advised me to put a 2 in shorter drive on it to get a little more efficiency out of this set up....... none of this makes any sense, I can already blow the prop out with the throttle ,would making the drive higher worse? .................................................. .. Help!
Now I am really confused .........Fasttrucker where is your drive in relation to the bottom of the keel?
Anyone else care to help......
Bryan

dimarcobros
09-13-2005, 02:18 PM
You probably would have better luck moving this to the sandbar area.
DMB

Bryan Rose
09-13-2005, 02:24 PM
You probably would have better luck moving this to the sandbar area.
DMB
I was thinking that as well.......

sleek willy
09-13-2005, 09:10 PM
From what I gather 8" is deep. Ideal may be 4"- 5". My 28' sleekcraft tunnel v with a 12" set back box has the propshaft centerline 6 5/8" below the keel @ 0 trim, [paralell to bottom ]. I'm thinking 2" or 3" shorty to get more speed.
-Sleek Willy