PDA

View Full Version : X dimension....

Bryan Rose
09-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Hate to put this here but it gets the most traffic....Plus if I get it right it wll get me to the sandbar to get beers faster.......plus provide beers faster...
Well in my quest of finding the right prop for this boat 97 27 ZX step hull, I was advised by Julie at Throttle Up props to do some measuring. Well I had her on the phone and was doing the measurements. I took a stright edge off the bottom of the keel with the drive trinmmed paralell with the keel and measured to the propshaft center line. The result 8 inches, she said no good, this put my lower cav plate 1/2 inch above the keel line and I was told now I am dragging this through the water also. Now she has advised me to put a 2 in shorter drive on it to get a little more efficiency out of this set up....... none of this makes any sense, I can already blow the prop out with the throttle ,would making the drive higher worse? .................................................. .. Help!
Now I am really confused .........Fasttrucker where is your drive in relation to the bottom of the keel?
Anyone else care to help......
Bryan

Bryan Rose
09-13-2005, 03:38 PM
Been doing a little research and it seems 6 inches should do it....Sounds crazy huh give up 8 inches for 6 inches WTF....LOL

Havasu Hangin'
09-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Mine are only 3 inches below the keel.

Bryan Rose
09-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Mine are only 3 inches below the keel.
is this a step hull?
Twins?
Notched transom?

Thunderbutt
09-13-2005, 06:40 PM
I'm having the same problem. Mine is 3 inches ( center line of the prop shaft) on a 28 foot warlock deckboat. Havasu Hangin and I have been talking about this. I talked to Hydromotive prop's. He is sending me a 5- blade 25 pitch prop. I will proberbly wind up with a 2 inch shorty or a Blackhawk drive. While the boat was running I layed on the swim step to measure how far down the cavitation plate was in the water. Right at 5 inches. Way too much drag geting out of the hole.