PDA

View Full Version : Ol'Sundance Almost Burnt to the ground!!!!!

blackcloud75
09-13-2005, 03:35 PM
as we were heading southbound on AZ95 at about 5:00pm on sunday.............
I just happen to look over at Echo lodge when there was some dust or smoke blowin' across towards Echo. I then realized that is was smoke coming from the Sundance area. We turn down onto the business AZ95 and sure as shit, Sundance was on fire! We pulled over and let Buckskin FD do there thing. They had 2 fireman on that rig and 1 more fireman on the way. THAT'S IT!!!!!3 total!!!! That is a big place for what little of manpower. Luckily they were able to get a descent knockdown with 3 of them. Those guys would have been up a creek if that would have been in the middle of the night.
It may have not of been a bad thing if it burned to the ground but, That is an Icon for the people who have visited the Strip for years.

Kilrtoy
09-13-2005, 04:27 PM
maybe they just wanted to expedite the reconstruction process

mbrown2
09-13-2005, 04:31 PM
Sad to see the icon burnt down....and really sad to see another option for a bar on the river go down in flames.....but that place is friggen eye sore at this point....

boater72
09-13-2005, 04:57 PM
I may be dating myself but I have been going by that place for 32 years. I remeber when the drinking age was 19 so everyone from Cali use to go there.

blackcloud75
09-13-2005, 05:03 PM
not much visible damage from the water but it is all toward the road.

Froggystyle
09-13-2005, 05:24 PM
I keep thinking about how nice of a place that would be to reconstruct and have a private club at. Seriously private. Good people only. Invite only. You would have all of the zoning you needed to absolutely rage, and the biggest bouncers money could buy keeping the riff raff out.
Ahhhhhh.... Dreams.

FASTERDAMITT
09-13-2005, 09:31 PM
Your right Froggy. That place used to rock, but for years there has been some shady people there keeping the crowd with money out. Hell, they tried to steal my Visa card there two years ago. I almost got down with the bouncer before they finally gave it back. It turns out they had it in the back office trying to duplicate it or something. :confused:

WILDERTHANU
09-13-2005, 09:42 PM
BURN BABY BURN. Its over already, we have to let it go...:yuk:. R.I.P Sundance thanx for the memories lol.
We still have this place THIS PLACE (http://www.roadrunneraz.com) for a while. Enjoy it!!

Throttle
09-13-2005, 09:47 PM
maybe they just wanted to expedite the reconstruction process
sounds like the nautical several years back...(?) :idea: