PDA

View Full Version : nick in main barring....help

YeLLowBoaT
09-13-2005, 09:26 PM
well i was opening my clevite 77 main barring ( to finstall and mic so I can have the crank cut to match)and on 1 of the lowers there is a small nick in one of the lowers. sadly I have had them for about 5 months, there in lies the prob( past exchange date)
The nick is a slight outtness to it. maybe 1/10k inch What should I do??????
can I call up clevite and explain my prob see if they what they say? or can I buy just 1 main baring rather then a set. :confused: :confused:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-14-2005, 08:11 AM
well i was opening my clevite 77 main barring ( to finstall and mic so I can have the crank cut to match)and on 1 of the lowers there is a small nick in one of the lowers. sadly I have had them for about 5 months, there in lies the prob( past exchange date)
The nick is a slight outtness to it. maybe 1/10k inch What should I do??????
can I call up clevite and explain my prob see if they what they say? or can I buy just 1 main baring rather then a set. :confused: :confused:
Buy a new set just for peace of mind!!!!!

Moneypitt
09-14-2005, 11:54 AM
If you are saying there is a .010 nick in the bearing, just smooth it off with some very fine emery. Do not try to remove the "low", just make sure there are no "highs". Unless it goes all the way across, or is alot bigger than you have implied, should not be a problem if dressed down smooth.........MP

blowngas
09-14-2005, 09:01 PM
Do as MoneyPit said, stick it in and run it