PDA

View Full Version : New Truck

v-drive
09-14-2005, 06:24 AM
I had some time to kill yesterday so I went down to look at the local Ford dealer. I was looking at this 05 Lariat they were selling for 25k after all of the rebates. What do you guys think? I will sell my 00 F-150 myself because I think I can do it easily....v-drive

Newcastle
09-14-2005, 07:57 AM
I had some time to kill yesterday so I went down to look at the local Ford dealer. I was looking at this 05 Lariat they were selling for 25k after all of the rebates. What do you guys think? I will sell my 00 F-150 myself because I think I can do it easily....v-drive
Just be careful...used truck prices aren't getting much these days especially since new ones are just as cheap... 25k does sound like a killer deal tho, especially if its loaded. I spent 35'ish for my '04 F150 FX4 when it first came out...

v-drive
09-14-2005, 08:35 AM
I don't expect to get a lot for it. I just don't want to give it away at the dealer....v-drive

v-drive
09-20-2005, 04:31 AM
So, We went to the Ford dealer Friday night to pick out my new truck. one thing led to another and it was working out (yeah right) well.
They wanted to appraise my truck but when they went to check the mileage they couldn't read it because it wouldn't light up. This is a problem the truck has had since brand new, it goes off it goes back on but never quits counting. The appraiser says that because of this the truck is worth a lot less. Then he says he will give us 4 k for it so the wife and I just get up to leave. He is a nice young sales guy and I explained that he needs to sharpen his pencil. Ok so then the finance guy says that he will give us 7% financeing and that is what Ford motor credit is offering because of the great deal the family and friends purchase is. We walked out at this point telling them we wouldn't be back. v-drive

boxscore
09-20-2005, 06:41 AM
So, We went to the Ford dealer Friday night to pick out my new truck. one thing led to another and it was working out (yeah right) well.
They wanted to appraise my truck but when they went to check the mileage they couldn't read it because it wouldn't light up. This is a problem the truck has had since brand new, it goes off it goes back on but never quits counting. The appraiser says that because of this the truck is worth a lot less. Then he says he will give us 4 k for it so the wife and I just get up to leave. He is a nice young sales guy and I explained that he needs to sharpen his pencil. Ok so then the finance guy says that he will give us 7% financeing and that is what Ford motor credit is offering because of the great deal the family and friends purchase is. We walked out at this point telling them we wouldn't be back. v-drive
Surely you're not surprised.

riverracerx
09-20-2005, 08:31 AM
7% is a rip off! My credit union is at 4.5%

Flashover
09-20-2005, 09:08 AM
Good job. I won't put up with dealer shit either. We just purchased a 05 grand Prix GTP and haggeld the price until i got exactly what i wanted and then i did the financing thru my credit union for 3.9. Screw dealer financing. :D

OC Ultra
09-20-2005, 08:24 PM
Doesn't yours have the 5.3? Just got the SS with the 5.3, having a kick with it. How do you like yours? I have yet to see 28 mpg :frown:

boxscore
09-20-2005, 08:30 PM
The last few vehicle purchases have been from my desk. I won't step foot in a dealership and be their "game for the day".
The only good assumption I can make about car sales is that Photoglue is a stand-up guy from what I've heard. Another good way to go is pay a 3rd party to shop the purchase for you, i.e. car broker

v-drive
09-21-2005, 05:34 AM
Doesn't yours have the 5.3? Just got the SS with the 5.3, having a kick with it. How do you like yours? I have yet to see 28 mpg :frown:
I don't have it yet but I will get one with the 5.4. I was wondering about the mileage also . my 4.6 gets 23mpg on a regular basis and when towing the boat to az this past summer I got 18 so I was happy with that..v-drive