Big Warlock
09-14-2005, 06:55 AM
WHAT'S ALL THE FUSS?
"Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or
was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our
shores on September 11, 2001? Were people from all
over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered
that day, in downtown Manhattan, across the Potomac
from our nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania?
Did nearly three thousand men, women and children
die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or
didn't they?
And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was
"desecrated" when an overworked American soldier
kicked it or got it wet?
Well, I don't. I don't care at all.
I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in
and repents for incinerating all those innocent people
on 9/11.
I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle
East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession
of which is a crime in Saudi Arabia.
I'll care when Abu Musab al-Zarqawi tells the world he is
sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed
through his gurgling, slashed throat.
I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq
come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their
own religion by hiding in mosques.
I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up
in search of nirvana care about the innocent children within
range of their suicide bombs.
I'll care when the American media stops pretending that
their First Amendment liberties are somehow derived from
international law instead of the United States Constitution's
Bill of Rights.
I'll care when Clinton-appointed judges stop ordering my
government to release photos of the abuses at Abu Ghraib,
which are sure to set off the Islamic extremists just as
Newsweek's lies did a few weeks ago.
In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine
roughing up an Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know
this: I don't care.
When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi
prisoners who have been humiliated in what amounts to a
college hazing incident, rest assured that I don't care.
When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when
he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped,
you can take it to the bank that I don't care.
When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a
prayer mat, and fed "special" food that is paid for by my
tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being
"mishandled," you can absolutely believe in your heart of
hearts that I don't care.
And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's
spelled "Koran" and other times "Quran." Well, Jimmy
Crack Corn and -- you guessed it....
Especially today!

Jordy
09-14-2005, 06:57 AM
Exactly. ;) :D

Jbb
09-14-2005, 07:03 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/860911.jpg

Havasu Luvr
09-14-2005, 07:06 AM
Rob, well said and you guessed it..."I dont care either" I was just told the other day that I am a bad parent due to the fact that I let 2 of my son's join the US Army recently and I think you have met both of them on one of the Dam Runs. My son's reply to that was "FREEDOM ISN"T FREE". I am just glad they did NOT follow in my foot steps (55 Delta, EOD To The Bone)...
"God Bless America"

OGShocker
09-14-2005, 07:10 AM
GREAT THREAD!!!!!

cdog
09-14-2005, 07:15 AM
Good one. I could give a rats ass about them or their cult either.

pjones
09-14-2005, 07:22 AM
Rob, well said and you guessed it..."I dont care either" I was just told the other day that I am a bad parent due to the fact that I let 2 of my son's join the US Army recently and I think you have met both of them on one of the Dam Runs. My son's reply to that was "FREEDOM ISN"T FREE". I am just glad they did NOT follow in my foot steps (55 Delta, EOD To The Bone)...
"God Bless America"
Just out of curiosity how did you respond to being called a "bad parent"
because your two sons want to proudly serve their country?
I'm pretty sure I would have blown a gasket...
That just makes my blood boil.... :mad: :mad:

Liberator TJ1984
09-14-2005, 07:28 AM
When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a
prayer mat, and fed "special" food that is paid for by my
tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being
"mishandled," you can absolutely believe in your heart of
hearts that I don't care.
Hell yes to this one !!!!
Why is it they can Behead their prisoners , but we have to Kiss their Ass ???
somebody esplain to me :mad:

Havasu Luvr
09-14-2005, 07:37 AM
Just out of curiosity how did you respond to being called a "bad parent"
because your two sons want to proudly serve their country?
I'm pretty sure I would have blown a gasket...
That just makes my blood boil.... :mad: :mad:
YES ! ! I blow-up! ! but very calmly I asked how they felt the day of 911? their answer was basically "Lets Kick Some Ars and never let this happen on American soil again". BUT ! ! ! now they say the war has gone on toooooo loonnngggg and now our kids are dieing. I told them that you and 1/2 of the American people who feel like this need to get the F*CK out of our country and try living in a 3rd world country if you do not like the price of FREEDOM ! ! We all are guilty of taking our everyday lives for grated. It's time to appreciate and be thankful for the things we have been given and the cost of this "FREEDOM".
"Support Our Families" who are supporting us.

pjones
09-14-2005, 07:44 AM
Some people never cease to amaze me...
Kudos to your sons for doing something that they believe in...
and congratulations to you for raising some very
brave young men....
PJ

Newcastle
09-14-2005, 07:45 AM
Very good thread...so many people don't even realize how fortunate we are to be living in this awesome country. Those who don't like it GET THE F^(* OUT...so many people cry about the little stuff.
Sorry, haven't had any sleep today :D

sintax
09-14-2005, 07:47 AM
"Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or
was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our
shores on September 11, 2001?
This thread is great and all, but we do realize that there are some great people in this country who represent and love this country just as much as you do, who happen to practice a different religion then you. I work with a whole lot of islamic people, guess what more of them have american flags at their desk and appear to be a hell of a lot more proud of their country then some of the "christians" i see every day.
This is like saying the Christians attacked the federal building down in Oklahoma City that morning a few years back, no it was not the christians, it was some terrorits. Just like terrorists attacked the WTC, not Islam, they just happened to be islamic.
Let us not forget so quickly why the fawk we started this country in the first place...freedom of religion.

Big Warlock
09-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Sorry to bring this back to the top, but I felt the need to clarify. Understand, I have spent 28 years outside of the US. I speak three languages, of which english is not my first language. And although I know that Jesus walked the earth 2000 some years ago, I wouldn't say that I am a Christian in the true sense of the word. I have a buddist leaning with a logical, sometimes harsh side. "I see the world and it sees me." I was in Desert Storm 1 and have spent a considerable amount of time (over 7 years) in muslim countries.
Fact: Islamic fundamentalist attacked our country. Fact: No mullah, in any islamic country has ever condemned those attacks or called for a stop to the killings and attacks. (Only a few mullahs from western countries have done so.) Fact: The Islamic extremists, and a major portion of the Islamic community would like to see you and I dead because we do not believe in their views. They have no idea the difference between a Jew and a Christian. They think American covers all of us. And they want us dead for relgious purposes.
Having a bible is a crime in their country.
The leaders of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Katar, etc. etc. rely on our economy to seel oil and goods and provide them with technology and goods. However, they allow an element to fester in their mist.
So you have some friends that are muslims? Great! I am sure they are not even concerned about their mosques and such? (joking!) They know they have problems. Do I think they all want to kill us? No, of course not. But make no mistake that this is a religious war. Those that we are at war with have no idea about economic consequences, how it affects them. They only have jealousy and hatred.
I appreciate your views. After your Mom and sister are raped and your brother or Father's head is cut off, let me know how you feel. And, they really would love to do that to you!
Let me know when your friends Mullah is going to speak out against the whole deal. I would like to know and promote that. If he does in public, they actually put a hit on him in several countries. Yep, nice religion. Sorry bud, it really is a religious war.
:hammer2:

sintax
09-14-2005, 05:33 PM
Sorry to bring this back to the top, but I felt the need to clarify. Understand, I have spent 28 years outside of the US. I speak three languages, of which english is not my first language. And although I know that Jesus walked the earth 2000 some years ago, I wouldn't say that I am a Christian in the true sense of the word. I have a buddist leaning with a logical, sometimes harsh side. "I see the world and it sees me." I was in Desert Storm 1 and have spent a considerable amount of time (over 7 years) in muslim countries.
Fact: Islamic fundamentalist attacked our country. Fact: No mullah, in any islamic country has ever condemned those attacks or called for a stop to the killings and attacks. (Only a few mullahs from western countries have done so.) Fact: The Islamic extremists, and a major portion of the Islamic community would like to see you and I dead because we do not believe in their views. They have no idea the difference between a Jew and a Christian. They think American covers all of us. And they want us dead for relgious purposes.
Having a bible is a crime in their country.
The leaders of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Katar, etc. etc. rely on our economy to seel oil and goods and provide them with technology and goods. However, they allow an element to fester in their mist.
So you have some friends that are muslims? Great! I am sure they are not even concerned about their mosques and such? (joking!) They know they have problems. Do I think they all want to kill us? No, of course not. But make no mistake that this is a religious war. Those that we are at war with have no idea about economic consequences, how it affects them. They only have jealousy and hatred.
I appreciate your views. After your Mom and sister are raped and your brother or Father's head is cut off, let me know how you feel. And, they really would love to do that to you!
Let me know when your friends Mullah is going to speak out against the whole deal. I would like to know and promote that. If he does in public, they actually put a hit on him in several countries. Yep, nice religion. Sorry bud, it really is a religious war.
:hammer2:
I dont even know where to start with all of this.
#1, almost every war ever faught on this wonderful planet of ours since the dawn of time has been a religious one. No reason to stop now right?
#2, I was not aware that the Taliban or any other Islamic extemeists were out mass-raping women and cutting off heads in our country. Now once this starts to happen I may pay at little more attention to this. As for them raping me, I really dont think that would go down well at all. Like i've said before and its a well known fact from the people who know me IRL. Every day I wake up part of getting dressed is strapping a .357 to my body, i've been doing this for over two years, and do not see it stopping anytime in the near future. I pray to my god and theirs (might as well cover both bases here) that they are prepared.
With all of this talk i'm going to assume you are a member of a branch of our armed service? Or at least a member of the reserves. This is safe to assume right?

THOR
09-14-2005, 05:37 PM
Good f'n thread.

ColeTR2
09-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, got brutally murdered that day
Link to graphic 911 photos. (http://www.flat-bottom.com/911/index2.htm)
I look a these pictures when I start to forget 911. Our conservative media will not show the horror of that day. May they rest in peace

Sane Asylum
09-14-2005, 07:30 PM
And I wouldn't care if we made a parking lot out of the place, got our ball and left........Good post there Warlock Big....... :wink:

Red Horse
09-14-2005, 08:16 PM
It says somewhere in the koran that the infidels must be killed and by doing so you get something in heaven. Infidels are the non muslim. I have also spent lots of time in the middle east. THEY DONT LIKE US. And if they tie it into religion then it is OK. If allah tells you it is OK, then its OK. I have know several muslims in the states, didnt trust them either. It is not racist, it is not sterotypical, it is just knowing who is shooting at who. I feel for the ones that are not violent, but still will keep my eye on them. ;)

Big Warlock
09-14-2005, 08:34 PM
I put in almost six years in the ARMY as a tanker. That was six years as a REGULAR Army officer. (if that makes sense to you) Left as a Captain to pursue a career in engineering. Seems like it has worked out for me.
I think the point your trying to make is that there are good muslims in our country and you know some of them? Good for you! There are also bad muslims in our country, and we are looking for them! There are bad people everywhere. The difference is their motivation. My problem is as addressed previously. Where are the muslim religious leaders condeming the violence? The reason there is an insurgency in Iraq is because the muslim fundamentalists are scared shiatless that we are moving into their neighborhood. That freaks them out! Undersand, this isn't a well educated group of folks. Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia, the middle east, etc. etc. doesn't even come close to the education levels (by population percentage) that Americans and other European countries enjoy. Not the sharpest tools in the shed. They can't even comprehend the power that we have not unleashed on them. We have handled them with kid gloves.
The point wasn't wether they were raping and pillaging our country. The point is that you wouldn't tolerate it nor would I. However, they have made their intentions clear. And it's our job to end it over there. Comprende?
Let me know if you need any further clarification chief! And the part of your weapon? Well if you live in Arizona, I understand. If you don't, everyone here carries. Most everyone has a concealed permit. We are still in the wild west and we like it that way! :wink: So your not alone!

probablecause
09-14-2005, 09:11 PM
I will end the thread with, "Nuke 'em!"