PDA

View Full Version : Whats This ???

ACCEPTENCE
09-14-2005, 03:54 PM
It would seem someone has a new hobbie.
I hear it's a real damn kick in the shorts.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/1415nascar_007.jpg
BTW, who is that up and coming driver???
That dude can certianly drive!!!

77charger
09-14-2005, 05:17 PM
BTW, who is that up and coming driver???
That dude can certianly drive!!!
jim anderson?

Cousin Bob
09-14-2005, 05:37 PM
It's not Jim Anderson.
I highly recommend it to anyone, it was a frikken blast to drive one of those things around the California speedway at 145 MPH. :D :D :D
Well worth the dough too.
If anyone is interested in doing it let me know, I would do it again in a heart beat :D :D
Acceptance- you crack me up :D :D :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-14-2005, 07:02 PM
It's not Jim Anderson.
I highly recommend it to anyone, it was a frikken blast to drive one of those things around the California speedway at 145 MPH. :D :D :D
If anyone is interested in doing it let me know, I would do it again in a heart beat :D :D
145???must be the aerodynamic hair-do! :)
Bob, let me know when, I want to try it. Maybe we can get a group of friends to all race together.

ACCEPTENCE
09-14-2005, 07:41 PM
It's not Jim Anderson.
Bob, your just so damn cute I had to share it with the masses.
Besides I'm guessin several people from the boards would dig makin the trip and doin it too.
I'm thinkin Ca Speedway on Saturday and then a quick hop to PIR for the Sunday race at PIR.
Hummmmmm??? could be a good thing!!!

olbiezer
09-15-2005, 04:30 AM
i drove em in vegas a few years ago at 145......man thats a kick in the butt that i will never forget.......doesent seem like u are even moving at all that fast.......highly recomended lol

INEEDAV
09-15-2005, 04:48 AM
I recommend it too, we went last year in Vegas, those cars on are rails in the corners.
Just don't like those horizontal stripes on the suits."Honey, does this make my ass look big?"
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/169Richard_Petty_Experience_2004_018.jpg

Morg
09-15-2005, 05:29 AM
That looks kick ass.
What about turning left & braking :rollside: :rollside:
Trying to put a deal together & run some karts up here in Reno. I'm talking about an outdoor deal. Their are a couple of tracks just out of town that offer a school.
Anybody interested??? :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

BILLY.B
09-15-2005, 06:08 AM
We were painting the cars for the "California Driving Experience" until Skip Barber got a hold it and "BK'd" the deal and left myself and several other vendors holding invoices in which we never got paid, but thats another issue. They had a vendor day out at the track in which we all got to drive the cars for ten laps with a driving instructor seated next to you. I take off in the Rusty Wallace look-alike car and after getting instructions on entrance into turns 1 & 3 and exiting those corners as well I proceed to try and run down the car in front of me. My driving instructor keeps tapping me on my arm and pointing at the "REV LIMITIER" (fully lit):sqeyes: which is in full view but at that point i'm on a mission :idea: . I never caught ( half a straight away) the other guy and when we climbed out of the car I asked how come that guy had such a faster car then I did. Coming to find out it was a Busch driver just getting some practice time on the track. It was a kick in the butt and well worth the experience. Makes you appreciate what those Nextel drivers go thru.

INEEDAV
09-15-2005, 07:04 AM
That looks kick ass.
What about turning left & braking :rollside: :rollside:
Trying to put a deal together & run some karts up here in Reno. I'm talking about an outdoor deal. Their are a couple of tracks just out of town that offer a school.
Anybody interested??? :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
I would be with enough notice Morg. We used to run the carts in Houston at a Malibu Expressway. They were a blast.

Morg
09-15-2005, 07:34 AM
Looking at the end of October. I will let you know

Cousin Bob
09-15-2005, 01:05 PM
You hit it on the head Billy, I gained alot of respect for those Nextel drivers. I always thought how hard could it really be. But after climbing out of the car and saw my top speed I thought how hard it must be averageing 50mph more than I was doing, especialy with other cars on the track all around you.
The format was cool, there is a instructor in front of you, and as long as you stay the same distance behind him, he will pick the pace up each lap (total of 8) they say that a 55 to 56 second lap is where you want to be. I was at 55.46.
The speed sensation wasn't there as much as in a boat, wind in face, thrust, whatever. But the last couple of laps you could feel the force pushing you into the seat pretty good. Also I think alot of it was because you are cocentrating so much on the car in front of you, and not your surroundings. But like I said I would do it again in a heart beat. :D :D :D