PDA

View Full Version : New Hogan

bulldawg art
09-15-2005, 07:46 AM
Has anyone been up to New Hogan lately? I was wondering what the water level is like.
Art

MOBrien
09-15-2005, 08:06 AM
We were up there mid-July and it was TOTALLY full. There was even a huge cove (that typically doesn't exist) behind Coyote Point so the boats were only like 20yds from our tents and the water was almost to the picnic tables! We're heading back out to Coyote Point tomorrow for 3 days with a crew of about 30 & 4-5 boats! Hope they haven't let out too much water.....even at $3.39/gal, I'm ready to burn some gas!
Can't wait for tomorrow.............. :D :D

bulldawg art
09-15-2005, 10:01 AM
We were up last month, but the water level was not that high. I'm heading up this weekend too, and hope the level is decent. We will be staying at Acorn west Friday thru Sunday, maybe I'll see you guys up there.

MOBrien
09-15-2005, 10:10 AM
what does "not that high" mean? Has the water dropped a lot since you were there last?
Look for the boat in my sig line....white/purple/orange Cheetah Stiletto and a white Essex with blue tribal graphics. Got a pic of yours for us to look out for?
If we don't cross paths, have a great time out there!

Her454
09-15-2005, 10:13 AM
Has anyone been up to New Hogan lately? I was wondering what the water level is like.
Art
The water is still up over the main launch ramp but has dropped about 8 feet in two weeks.

MOBrien
09-15-2005, 10:22 AM
That's great to hear the main ramp is still submerged........ Then it's still way higher than it has been in recent years. Sweet!

Her454
09-15-2005, 10:37 AM
This time last year they were putting hazard bouys out it was so low. At our Hallo-Roost in October, Al & Loretta made a pass and I dont think he could even get full throttle before he hit the other side :D

MOBrien
09-15-2005, 10:52 AM
you guys doin Hallo-Roost again this year? At Hogan? I so, when & are you cool with having a bigger cruiser along for the day?
Sounds like fun.

Her454
09-15-2005, 11:04 AM
you guys doin Hallo-Roost again this year? At Hogan? I so, when & are you cool with having a bigger cruiser along for the day?
Sounds like fun.
Its the 9, 10 and 11th at Hogan. Lots of boats already confirmed for the weekend, the potluck and "masquerade party" LOL is Saturday night. No problem with the bigger cruisers, Im sure there will be a few. If you want more details just click on the MLHB link.

MOBrien
09-15-2005, 11:18 AM
I'll check it out. Thanks for the info. So easy to get out there...only 45 minutes for me.

Her454
09-15-2005, 11:31 AM
I'll check it out. Thanks for the info. So easy to get out there...only 45 minutes for me.
I saw your group out there a couple of weeks ago at Coyote Point. I was coming back from the cliffs and towing a Black Hydro that broke down out there and just about sank. I think I may have seen you earlier at the Cliffs too but I wasnt sure.

bulldawg art
09-15-2005, 12:35 PM
What I meant by not that high is we were at ACwest camping on a shore site and the water was a bit over 100' away. Sounds like there is still water...In the past we have gone up in august and the water was LOW.
Where are the cliffs?
If all goes well we will be in this.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/11535nh6-med.JPG

Her454
09-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Where are the cliffs?
Nice boat. I cant believe the people that have been going to Hogan for so long and have no idea where the Cliffs are LOL. Even some of my own neighbors have been on the lake all their life and had never been back there.
From Coyote Point, or the campgrounds, head up river, away from the dam. Keep going and stay to the right of the lake, eventually it will take you through a narrow canyon. (Named after the the miners and 49ers that were buried there back in the 1800's. The graveyard was moved up to Hwy 49 heading toward San Andreas) Continue through the canyon and go left. Follow it around and it will go right, always up river. Follow it as far as you can go and it will take you to the cliffs. Its the mouth of the Calaveras River that feeds the lake. You can maneuver pretty far back there right now, and at the beginning of the season you could go all the way to the old Hwy 49 railroad tressle. Its pretty cool. We do two big Cliff Runs a year.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/139cliffs.jpg

bulldawg art
09-15-2005, 01:13 PM
Thanks Her
I think I have been up there. Is that were people are jumping off the rocks?

Her454
09-15-2005, 01:17 PM
Thanks Her
I think I have been up there. Is that were people are jumping off the rocks?
Yup. One of the guys from the Corp told me last week they may close it down back there because of that. They have med-flighted at least 3 people that I know of, out of there in the last 4 years.
BTW, welcome to the boards. :)

MOBrien
09-15-2005, 01:37 PM
nice hotrod. we'll be looking for you......or listening for you. :D

bulldawg art
09-15-2005, 02:08 PM
I'll keep my eye out for your wakes..umm...I mean your boat too. See ya there.
Art

Her454
09-16-2005, 08:26 AM
Keep an eye out for these two and come by and say hello. Hopefully we will see you guys at the Hallo-Roost. :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/139t.jpg

bulldawg art
09-20-2005, 08:31 AM
There was still plenty of water. Had a blast. Mike, it was nice meeting you and running with ya. Water wasn't as "good" for me in my small boat as it was for you. There were a couple spots when the chop got a little hairy. Got out of it a little in one spot then got back in it, and right before we turned around it was bad and had to pull out. I'll keep my eye out for you in the future.
Her454, did you make it up? I was on the look out but didn't see you. I am going to try to make hallo-roost. Nights may be a little too cold for my kids, but we'll see.

Her454
09-20-2005, 08:57 AM
There was still plenty of water. Had a blast. Mike, it was nice meeting you and running with ya. Water wasn't as "good" for me in my small boat as it was for you. There were a couple spots when the chop got a little hairy. Got out of it a little in one spot then got back in it, and right before we turned around it was bad and had to pull out. I'll keep my eye out for you in the future.
Her454, did you make it up? I was on the look out but didn't see you. I am going to try to make hallo-roost. Nights may be a little too cold for my kids, but we'll see.
I didnt make it out, worked on the house all weekend and getting ready for the Hallo Roost. Last year the weather was awsome, in the 80's on friday with a little sprinkle on friday night, barely any at all. Then the rest of the weekend was beautiful. Im hoping we have the same weather this year......

BigDoug
09-20-2005, 12:55 PM
Art, nice hot rod boat you got there !! :cry: :cry: :cry:

bulldawg art
09-21-2005, 09:09 AM
Thanks Doug. I got it from some guy in Arizona.

MOBrien
09-21-2005, 12:37 PM
yea Art, nice to meet you too. Our run was short, but always fun to run. Your ride was actually set real well & sounded smooth during that blast. At least from my angle. I'd have thouht you would be bouncing around a lot more than you were....looked good. Believe it or not, I prefer it a bit choppier otherwise I don't get enough air packed underneath to loosen her up a bit. :rollside: That's the difference between 58 and 63 for me. :rolleyes:
See you on the water!! :D
-MOB

bulldawg art
09-21-2005, 01:32 PM
yea Art, nice to meet you too. Our run was short, but always fun to run. Your ride was actually set real well & sounded smooth during that blast. At least from my angle. I'd have thouht you would be bouncing around a lot more than you were....looked good. Believe it or not, I prefer it a bit choppier otherwise I don't get enough air packed underneath to loosen her up a bit. :rollside: That's the difference between 58 and 63 for me. :rolleyes:
See you on the water!! :D
-MOB
I was wondering how it rode. Not too wet, I hope? How much of the boat was in the water, midway or less? I am now finding that a major limiting performance factor is my Jacuzzi wj pump. Not many performance aftermarket parts available. As for my hull, I don't know. I hear people say "that's all the speed you can expect out of this hull or that hull".
It felt like we were bouncing around pretty good, and I got a little nervous with my son with me and I didn't want to bounce him out of the boat. Is 58 where we were running at?
See you out there.
Art

MOBrien
09-21-2005, 08:15 PM
I was wondering how it rode. Not too wet, I hope? How much of the boat was in the water, midway or less? I am now finding that a major limiting performance factor is my Jacuzzi wj pump. Not many performance aftermarket parts available. As for my hull, I don't know. I hear people say "that's all the speed you can expect out of this hull or that hull".
It felt like we were bouncing around pretty good, and I got a little nervous with my son with me and I didn't want to bounce him out of the boat. Is 58 where we were running at?
See you out there.
Art
yeah, better safe than sorry with the litt'lins in there for sure. I'd guess about 60-61.
later, MOB