PDA

View Full Version : 10th Mountain Lt Inf.

Havasu Luvr
05-09-2006, 08:48 AM
A very sad day today as I just learned that the 10th Mountain Light Infantry Division out of Ft Drum NY lost 10 comrades last friday in Afghanistan when their CH-47 crash due to mechanical problems. My son is devastated to learn the news of some of his freinds who have given their all to continue this campaign in Afghanistan. One of the soldiers was from Victorville, Ca. Sgt Bryan Brewster (Crew Chief). God Speed ! ! !

hoolign
05-09-2006, 08:52 AM
Sad news! Godspeed to the fallen!

dicudmore
05-09-2006, 09:17 AM
sad news

HocusPocus
05-09-2006, 09:21 AM
we will be sending thoughts and prayers to their families and of course their friends.

PlyaPlya22
05-09-2006, 12:17 PM
My thouhgts and prayers go out to all those who were injured or have lost their life.

spectratoad
05-09-2006, 12:27 PM
May their families have prayers as their strength and the memories of their loved ones always be good. My prayers go to those that have been called to a higher duty. :cry: :frown:
I think these may be the guys that just replaced my buddies that just returned home.

Havasu Luvr
05-09-2006, 02:10 PM
May their families have prayers as their strength and the memories of their loved ones always be good. My prayers go to those that have been called to a higher duty. :cry: :frown:
I think these may be the guys that just replaced my buddies that just returned home.
I do not rememebr the unit but aprox 660 of the boys just deployed last month to Afhganistan from Ft Drum 10th Mountain. My boys unit was not deployed as he is staying back and supporting with the on going training with the 10th Mountain Lt Inf Aviation back in Ft Drum. I told him NOT to be surprised when his orders change. and to think I talked him into 15B so I would have a piece of mind and he would have a better career.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ! ! !
:mad:

Keith E. Sayre
05-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Havasu Luvr: Hats off to all those that serve our great nation. Godspeed
to those lost. Those boys died doing what they loved--protecting this
great nation and all of us. I hope that we can appreciate their loss
and their sacrifice. I thank God everyday that we have boys like that.
Keith Sayre

Havasu Luvr
05-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Havasu Luvr: Hats off to all those that serve our great nation. Godspeed
to those lost. Those boys died doing what they loved--protecting this
great nation and all of us. I hope that we can appreciate their loss
and their sacrifice. I thank God everyday that we have boys like that.
Keith Sayre
Keith, you're right on the money. When I served it was for the pride of our nation and the patriotism I held in my heart. The 13yrs I worked side by side with other EOD techs I never thought once about how it was effecting my parents but I always knew they were proud of me and my accomplishments. Now as a parent I am now on the slip side and the worries I endure daily is tremendous. I am very proud of our men & women served, serving and our future soldiers and support them to the end no matter which direction this great nation directs them......It's just hard enough being a parent in this great big world let alone being a parent of 2 sons currently serving so I/we can continue to have the freedom we all take for granted. God bless you for your prayers and to everyone else.

WYRD
05-09-2006, 04:05 PM
I thank them for their service and offer my condolences to their families

Outnumbered
05-09-2006, 04:51 PM
http://www.tammisworld.com/archives/USA-0911.jpg

Keith E. Sayre
05-12-2006, 05:27 PM
while I try not to dwell on the negatives and the sad things that happen to
those we love and care about, and I do realize that this is a forum where we
go to feel "better" about our life and our hobby, I do sometimes feel that
it is ironic that more people read about threads with little or no meaning than