PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone identify this spider?

STV_Keith
09-15-2005, 08:49 PM
I know it's a bit of a crappy picture, but here it is. I've already killed a few of his brothers/sisters, but I'd like to know what I have here. Thanks!
http://www.speedcraving.com/keith/spider1.jpg

SummitKarl
09-15-2005, 08:51 PM
oh not this game again... we played this last month :D :coffeycup

Jordy
09-15-2005, 08:52 PM
That looks like one of those ones from Arachnophobia, you know, you get bit and you die, kind of spiders. :D :D :D
Jordy <----- always here to help.
I'm still going with my Brown Recluse theory but you gotta look at the bottom of the abdomen before you swash them. ;)

Debbolas
09-15-2005, 08:53 PM
How big?
My son says maybe a Brown Recluse :idea:

SBullet
09-15-2005, 08:54 PM
I kill one of those @ my house in Havasu, I would really to know also?

HM
09-15-2005, 08:58 PM
I know it's a bit of a crappy picture, but here it is. I've already killed a few of his brothers/sisters, but I'd like to know what I have here. Thanks!
http://www.speedcraving.com/keith/spider1.jpg
http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/images/2061_2.jpg
Looks close to a Brown Recluse

Jordy
09-15-2005, 09:02 PM
Hey, you know, I'm thinking it might just be a Brown Recluse. :idea:

***boateditor
09-15-2005, 09:03 PM
Can anyone identify this spider?
Holy crap! That's LARRY THE SPIDER!!!

Jordy
09-15-2005, 09:08 PM
Holy crap! That's LARRY THE SPIDER!!!
Brett,
You have no idea what you're talking about. Larry is out of the country for the next 6 months on a worldwide spider awareness tour. If anything, that's his twin brother Hank. C'mon now!!! :D :D :D
Jordy
p.s. Has anyone mentioned Brown Recluse yet??? :idea:

bordsmnj
09-15-2005, 09:56 PM
might be a "western" recluse but i think the western variety has more than 7 legs :cool:

spectratoad
09-16-2005, 04:39 AM
That looks like one of those ones from Arachnophobia, you know, you get bit and you die, kind of spiders. :D :D :D
Jordy <----- always here to help.
I'm still going with my Brown Recluse theory but you gotta look at the bottom of the abdomen before you swash them. ;)
Then they crawl out of your body and look for their next victim. :eat:

Forkin' Crazy
09-16-2005, 05:30 AM
If it was squashed flat, it would be a good spider! :220v:

JetBoatRich
09-16-2005, 05:37 AM
We have had a lot of spider discussions this year :idea:
That one sure looks close to the Brown Recluse :supp:

koolbreeze
09-16-2005, 05:42 AM
a brown recluse can be easily identified by the "fiddle" (you know, violin) shape design on its back. if you look closely at picture of the brown recluses back you can see it. thats why we southerns call em "fiddle backs".

OGShocker
09-16-2005, 06:06 AM
Let it bite you. If it hurts REAL bad and destroys the tissue for an inch around the bite, you have a Brown Recluse.
Just trying to help,
Mark

1stepcloser
09-16-2005, 06:15 AM
Looks like a wolf spider to me.
http://www.termite.com/images/wolfspider150.gif

sigepmock
09-16-2005, 06:49 AM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5495vetter-6s.jpg
The body coloration of this spitting spider should immediately disqualify it as a potential recluse spider even though it has the recluse-like eye pattern. (photo by R. Vetter ©)
Spitting spiders (Scytodes spp., Family Scytodidae) are taxonomically related to recluses, are non-poisonous and probably often mistaken as recluses throughout the U.S. They share the same eye pattern (Fig. 5), however, the several known species have black stripes and/or maculae on the dorsal surface of both the cephalothorax and abdomen which should quickly eliminate them as recluse spiders (Fig. 6). In addition, in side view, the cephalothorax is definitively humped (Fig. 7), an anatomical modification necessary for housing the large spitting glands that are only found within this genus.

Tahiti28
09-16-2005, 06:57 AM
My neighbor in Havasu has identified that thing as an Arizona Sun Spider. He said if you get bit by one of those things it feels like getting stung by a wasp. OUCH... You can do an internet search on Sun Spiders and can read some more info.

76ANTHONY
09-16-2005, 07:04 AM
hey thats one of them itsy bitsy ones isnt it??? :D

Topock Junkie
09-16-2005, 07:04 AM
Looks like a wolf spider to me.
http://www.termite.com/images/wolfspider150.gif
I agree I find those at my house in Topock all the time.

piper
09-16-2005, 07:08 AM
That ain't nothing, I killed a camel spider 2 days ago right outside my Blackhawk. They are not poisenous but the damn thing was bigger than my hand and it creeped me out. They run fast as hell too. I threw a ammo magazine at it and I stund it then I came in for the kill with helmet. No way I'm getting close enough to step on it. That thing might of crawled up my leg.
Nasty mother f--kers.

STV_Keith
09-16-2005, 07:13 AM
Sent the pic to my bug man. He says it's a Desert Recluse - still poisoness, but about 3x less than a Brown Recluse. Still too much for me (any bugs in the house is) so the house is getting sprayed again PRONTO!

WaterBox
09-16-2005, 07:21 AM
I would say sun spider. They are a member of the scorpion family. also called wind scorpion, They look just like a scorpion without the tail. they are very fast and aggresive, and much bigger than a brown recluse.

Red Horse
09-16-2005, 07:24 AM
I would say that is a " I have a yellow boat with a whacker" spider. Yeah that is what it is!!!! :D
Hell, I dont know. Are they getting to be plentiful out there?? Maybe I should get my rent house sprayed??

Kilrtoy
09-16-2005, 07:25 AM
Sent the pic to my bug man. He says it's a Desert Recluse - still poisoness, but about 3x less than a Brown Recluse. Still too much for me (any bugs in the house is) so the house is getting sprayed again PRONTO!
When was the last time you sprayed your house

LAFD
09-16-2005, 07:48 AM
ide say its a spider. :D

Water Romper
09-16-2005, 08:06 AM
ide say it's a creepy spider :2purples:

Debbolas
09-16-2005, 12:47 PM
Is SAY it's a creepy brown spider :D

riverroyal
09-16-2005, 12:57 PM
i got up early to get ready in the boat,grabbed a towel left in it,felt something on my arm,thought it was bunch of ants,shook my arm and looked down and this fricken spider was about 4 inches wide,huge body.So because of all the spider stuff here i ran in the trailer to find my camera,not there,looked in truck,not there.Then realised it was on my front seat at the grocery store here,so now im pissed cause its stolen probably.I kinda forgot about the spider,i went and got the kids to show them,it was gone,no note,no trails,nothing.So about a hour later I went to put the keys in theboat ignition to get things ready,there it was,3 inches from my keys,waiting for me,I know it was trying to kill me.I grabbed some plyers to get a hold of him,ripped off 2 legs,he still ran across the boat,like a crab.I trapped him in cup,then showed the kids and tossed him in the bushes near JBinsocal trailer. :coffeycup

sxpilot
09-16-2005, 01:01 PM
My little one says its "Charlott" form Charlott's Web....but shes no expert...

2Driver
09-16-2005, 01:29 PM
Soak down the house with Dursban...then you'll be safe :)

OutCole'd
09-16-2005, 01:51 PM
I know it was trying to kill me.I grabbed some plyers to get a hold of him,ripped off 2 legs,he still ran across the boat,like a crab.I trapped him in cup,then showed the kids and tossed him in the bushes near JBinsocal trailer. :coffeycup
LMAO !!

JB in so cal
09-16-2005, 02:13 PM
then showed the kids and tossed him in the bushes near JBinsocal trailer. :coffeycup[/QUOTE]
Wait 'till you see what Mojave made for under your pillow. :devil:

chrissy
09-16-2005, 02:53 PM
I would say sun spider. They are a member of the scorpion family. also called wind scorpion, They look just like a scorpion without the tail. they are very fast and aggresive, and much bigger than a brown recluse.
A couple of weeks ago when I was out walking my dog in the desert and he pounced on this big whitetish colored spider that looked like it had scorpion like front claws. He managed to chew it up a little and than spit it out and the next day had diarrhea for over a week. :mad: Someone else told me it was a wind scorpion too, the thing moves fast, freaked me out :yuk: