PDA

View Full Version : Guage Idea....

UnionJack
09-16-2005, 08:35 AM
Well my new ride is on the way and I am wondering about the Guage cluster, this is AMW's boat
http://www.taod.org/PhotoLg/DSC05886.jpg
or should I do left side motor in the left and right on the right....
So on the left below the RPM guage
(oil Pressure) (Water Pressure)
(Volts) (oil temp) (water temp)
(right rpm)
(Oil Pressure) (Water Pressure)
(Oil Temp) (Water Temp) (Volts)

1stepcloser
09-16-2005, 08:40 AM
I would set it up as you say. Makes more sense to me, having all the gauges on their respective sides.

Sleek-Jet
09-16-2005, 08:45 AM
So how long before people start bitching about someone "splashing" their gauge placemant???? :D
For the record, I'd keep it lefty/lefty righty/righty... intuitive gauge placemant heps out alot. :idea:

UnionJack
09-16-2005, 08:48 AM
I would set it up as you say. Makes more sense to me, having all the gauges on their respective sides.
Just something I'm thinking about...

sigepmock
09-16-2005, 08:49 AM
I agree left/left & right/right. Really helps out in those quick glances, so you can concentrate on driving so you don't run us slow guys over.
Chris

Steamin' Rice
09-16-2005, 08:55 AM
On my boat I grouped the gauges together by function, similar to what you showed in the picture. If I want to check oil PSI I just need to look in one area of the dash to check both engines.

UnionJack
09-16-2005, 09:02 AM
yeah, I was just curious

MR HARLEY
09-16-2005, 09:08 AM
Right right ,............. left left.... and Love the way DCB does their work!

Steamin' Rice
09-16-2005, 09:45 AM
Found a dash pic...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/234100_0017small.jpg

BADBLOWN572
09-16-2005, 11:01 AM
The placement of the gauges on AMW's boat is exactly how I would do it. That way when you look at the oil pressure, the oil pressure gauges are together and the one on the left coresponds to the left motor and vice versa. If you split them up, you won't be able to check out your oil pressure gauges as easily when running hard and will take your eyes off of the water longer. (not that it matters since you only went with 496's ;) :D )

Havasu_Dreamin
09-16-2005, 11:03 AM
not that it matters since you only went with 496's ;) :D
OUCH! :D

uvindex
09-16-2005, 11:06 AM
... when running hard...Hey, did I stumble into a Beaumont thread? :p

UnionJack
09-16-2005, 11:36 AM
OUCH! :D
There is nothing wrong with stock, and remember the 496's that DCB puts in there boats are HO's :D

Havasu_Dreamin
09-16-2005, 11:40 AM
There is nothing wrong with stock, and remember the 496's that DCB puts in there boats are HO's :D
I've got a stock 525, so I agree, no problem with stock. I just thought it was funny. :D

UnionJack
09-16-2005, 11:46 AM
I've got a stock 525, so I agree, no problem with stock. I just thought it was funny. :D
Remember the 525 is at the crank :rolleyes:

Rev. Williams
09-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Well my new ride is on the way and I am wondering about the Guage cluster, this is AMW's boat
http://www.taod.org/PhotoLg/DSC05886.jpg
or should I do left side motor in the left and right on the right....
So on the left below the RPM guage
(oil Pressure) (Water Pressure)
(Volts) (oil temp) (water temp)
(right rpm)
(Oil Pressure) (Water Pressure)
(Oil Temp) (Water Temp) (Volts)
I think it needs more DCB logos everywhere !!! :eek:
Jesus Crimminy!!! talk about making it look busy for nothing more then self advertisement!!!

UnionJack
09-16-2005, 11:52 AM
I love that strippen girl...

Sleek-Jet
09-16-2005, 11:54 AM
I think it needs more DCB logos everywhere !!! :eek:
Jesus Crimminy!!! talk about making it look busy for nothing more then self advertisement!!!
You wouldn't understand... you own an Eliminator. :D

UnionJack
09-16-2005, 11:55 AM
I think the painter did it.... TOAD?

Rev. Williams
09-16-2005, 12:02 PM
You wouldn't understand... you own an Eliminator. :D
As I remember, so do you !!! :D :D A stolen one at that!! :D Or did you get that taken care of ???
And don't get me wrong, DCB is a nice boat but if I were ever to buy one new (or any other ) I would be sure there was not one logo on it unless they paid me monthly to be a billboard for them. It's a pet peeve for me. I think the same with clothes that have the maker name all over them. I want the product, not the name.

UnionJack
09-16-2005, 12:06 PM
As I remember, so do you !!! :D :D A stolen one at that!! :D Or did you get that taken care of ???
And don't get me wrong, DCB is a nice boat but if I were ever to buy one new (or any other ) I would be sure there was not one logo on it unless they paid me monthly to be a billboard for them. It's a pet peeve for me. I think the same with clothes that have the maker name all over them. I want the product, not the name.
I agree

Sleek-Jet
09-16-2005, 12:14 PM
I registered it in California... AZ can go piss up a rope for all I care. :D

Rev. Williams
09-16-2005, 02:23 PM
I registered it in California... AZ can go piss up a rope for all I care. :D
That's cool..... Cost wise it couldn't have been much difference. I was never able to dig up anything on the prior owner BTW.

mbrown2
09-16-2005, 02:35 PM
What Danny said...group them by function....easy to read that way.

UnionJack
09-16-2005, 03:05 PM
Right on, I was looking for imput and I think I will leave it like AMW's.
I hope to have some good pictures soon when she's out of wet sand and cap

Jordy
09-16-2005, 03:13 PM
The placement of the gauges on AMW's boat is exactly how I would do it. That way when you look at the oil pressure, the oil pressure gauges are together and the one on the left coresponds to the left motor and vice versa. If you split them up, you won't be able to check out your oil pressure gauges as easily when running hard and will take your eyes off of the water longer. (not that it matters since you only went with 496's ;) :D )
Yeah, what he said. That's how it is on my boat, although I don't have any oil pressure gauges. :wink:

UnionJack
09-16-2005, 03:31 PM
Yeah, what he said. That's how it is on my boat, although I don't have any oil pressure gauges. :wink:
Really? :idea: :confused: :jawdrop: :D

Jordy
09-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Really? :idea: :confused: :jawdrop: :D
Yeah. Really. My boat runs without oil pressure all day long without any worries. ;)

Steamin' Rice
09-16-2005, 04:24 PM
I didn't think blenders needed gauges, just a few buttons for different mixing speeds?? :rollside:

Jordy
09-16-2005, 05:02 PM
I didn't think blenders needed gauges, just a few buttons for different mixing speeds?? :rollside:
I've got sticks and pedals for different mixing speeds and a pair of gauges that monitor the water pressure to make sure the mix is correct. Everything else is automatic. :D :D :D

Havasu Hangin'
09-16-2005, 06:10 PM
Yes...I don't scan by "starboard or port"...I just look by function (how hot is my oil, how much boost, etc.).