PDA

View Full Version : If it's real it's GOOD NEWS.

Freak
05-09-2006, 09:02 AM
CENTCOM announced today that they had captured al-Qaeda correspondence in Iraq that discusses the state of the insurgency, especially around Baghdad but also around the entire country. Far from optimistic, the documents captured in an April 16th raid reveal frustration and desperation, as the terrorists acknowledge the superior position of American and free Iraqi forces and their ability to quickly adapt to new tactics.
In these passages, the AQ terrorist author -- described as a person "of significance" due to the extensive analysis applied -- often refers to the elected Iraqi government as the "Shi'ites":
A glance at the reality of Baghdad in light of the latest events (sectarian turmoil)
1. It has been proven that the Shiites have a power and influence in Baghdad that cannot be taken lightly, particularly when the power of the Ministries of Interior and Defense is given to them, compared with the power of the mujahidin in Baghdad. During a military confrontation, they will be in a better position because they represent the power of the state along with the power of the popular militias. Most of the mujahidin power lies in surprise attacks (hit and run) or setting up explosive charges and booby traps. This is a different matter than a battle with organized forces that possess machinery and suitable communications networks. Thus, what is fixed in the minds of the Shiite and Sunni population is that the Shiites are stronger in Baghdad and closer to controlling it while the mujahidin (who represent the backbone of the Sunni people) are not considered more than a daily annoyance to the Shiite government. The only power the mujahidin have is what they have already demonstrated in hunting down drifted patrols and taking sniper shots at those patrol members who stray far from their patrols, or planting booby traps among the citizens and hiding among them in the hope that the explosions will injure an American or members of the government. In other words, these activities could be understood as hitting the scared and the hiding ones, which is an image that requires a concerted effort to change, as well as Allah’s wisdom.
The author of this analysis acknowledges two truths. First, rather than representing any real existential threat to the government, the insurgency only rises to the level of a "daily annoyance". This clashes with the depiction in the American media of the Zarqawi network as a mass destabilizer, a description that even AQ rejects. The terror analyst also recognizes that the tactics used by the terrorist network have largely alienated even the Sunnis by killing those who represent no threat to AQ -- the "scared and the hiding ones". AQ, he says, needs an image makeover.
2. The strength of the brothers in Baghdad is built mainly on booby trapped cars, and most of the mujahidin groups in Baghdad are generally groups of assassin without any organized military capabilities.
3. There is a clear absence of organization among the groups of the brothers in Baghdad, whether at the leadership level in Baghdad, the brigade leaders, or their groups therein. Coordination among them is very difficult, which appears clearly when the group undertake a join[t] operations.
This passage admits that the foreign insurgents not only do not have any organization or military capabilities, but also resist coordination. In some ways, that makes discovering and neutralizing them more difficult, but it also keeps AQ from holding any territory or controlling the area in any meaningful way. Their assets in Baghdad cannot even coordinate with each other to carry out joint operations, indicating a poor system of communications -- likely brought about by American and Iraqi offensives against the network.
4. The policy followed by the brothers in Baghdad is a media oriented policy without a clear comprehensive plan to capture an area or an enemy center. Other word, the significance of the strategy of their work is to show in the media that the American and the government do not control the situation and there is resistance against them. This policy dragged us to the type of operations that are attracted to the media, and we go to the streets from time to time for more possible noisy operations which follow the same direction.
This direction has large positive effects; however, being preoccupied with it alone delays more important operations such as taking control of some areas, preserving it and assuming power in Baghdad (for example, taking control of a university, a hospital, or a Sunni religious site).
This is a frank admission that the only effect that AQ has made is to convince the media -- presumably the American media -- that the situation cannot be controlled, despite their acknowledgement that they represent nothing more than a nuisance. It also cautions against falling in love with seeing themselves on the TV, because the cost of such operations results in a lack of assets for holding real territory. Right now, they cannot even hold a university, let alone a city or suburb.
At the same time, the Americans and the Government were able to absorb our painful blows, sustain them, compensate their losses with new replacements, and follow strategic plans which allowed them in the past few years to take control of Baghdad as well as other areas one after the other. That is why every year is worse than the previous year as far as the Mujahidin’s control and influence over Baghdad.
The terrorists realize that their control over the Sunni Triangle -- their power base -- has waned with each passing year. It also acknowledges the great strength of the American military: its ability to quickly adapt and persevere. The "clear and hold" strategy adopted by military commanders in conjunction with the training of the Iraqi army has forced AQ to the brink of irrelevancy, and they know it.
5. The role that the Islamic party and the Islamic Scholars Committee play in numbing the Sunni people through the media is a dangerous role. It has been proven from the course of the events that the American investment in the Party and the Committee were not in vain. In spite of the gravity of the events, they were able to calm down the Sunni people, justify the enemy deeds, and give the enemy the opportunity to do more work without any recourse and supervision. This situation stemmed from two matters:
n First, their media power is presented by their special radio and TV stations as the sole Sunni information source, coupled with our weak media which is confined mainly to the Internet, without a flyer or newspaper to present these events.
n Second, in the course of their control of the majority of the speakers at mosques who convert right into wrong and wrong into right, and present Islam in a sinful manner and sins in a Muslim manner. At the same time we did not have any positive impact or benefits from our operations.
In other words, the Americans are winning the media war in Iraq. That's something that the American media has yet to report in any substantive way. The memo also indicates that the mosques have largely turned against the insurgents, apparently excoriating them for sinfulness. Their continuing murder of Iraqi civilians and police have only made that impression worse.
6. The mujahidin do not have any stored weapons and ammunition in their possession in Baghdad, particularly rockets, such as C5K Katyosha or bomber or mortars which we realized their importance and shortage in Baghdad. That was due to lack of check and balance, and proper follow-ups.
The insurgents have finally run low on ammunition, and AQ cannot resupply them in Baghdad. That sounds like a critical tipping point for AQ in Baghdad.
7. The National Guard status is frequently raised and whether they belong to the Sunnis or Shiites. Too much talk is around whether we belong to them or not, or should we strike and kill their men or not?
It is believed that this matter serves the Americans very well. I believe that the Committee and the Party are pushing this issue because they want to have an influence, similar to the Mujahidin’s. When and if a Sunni units from the National Guard are formed, and begin to compete with the mujahidin and squeeze them, we will have a problem; we either let them go beyond the limits or fight them and risk inciting the Sunnis against us through the Party’s and the Committee’s channels.
I believe that we should not allow this situation to exist at all, and we should bury it before it surfaces and reject any suggestion to that effect.
The terrorists understand that their only hope in fighting the Iraqi army is if the Sunnis do not enlist. As soon as the Sunnis start enlisting in large numbers, AQ runs the risk of murdering family members of the dwindling support they currently still have. Integrating the Iraqi Army will provide the biggest blow to AQ ambitions in the nation, and almost guarantees to put them on the run for good.
The rest of the document evaluates the commanders in the field for AQ, and they sound like a sorry lot. The expertise of the Baghdad commander is limited to transporting cars for conversion to booby-traps; otherwise, the analyst notes, he's rather "simple" and has no grasp of strategic matters. The commander for Northern al-Karkh worries about his own personal security, because the Americans have his picture and voice print -- so all he does is hide out.
At the end, we find this gem:
Northern al-Karkh groups are estimated at 40 mujahid, so is the Southern Karkh. They could double that number if necessary. Al-Rassafah groups in general is estimated at 30 mujahidin as I was informed by the commander of al-Rassafah. These are very small numbers compared to the tens of thousands of the enemy troops. How can we increase these numbers?
This plaintive assessment shows how weakened Zarqawi has become at the hands of the Americans. Between the three commands in the Baghdad area, AQ has a grand total of 110 mujahid, admittedly no match for the thousands of American troops in Baghdad and the thousands of Iraqi troops we are training and putting into play. No wonder Zarqawi has given up on suicide missions -- he has almost nothing left.
This document shows that we have just about triumphed over the AQ network in Iraq, and AQ knows it. Hopefully, the American media might finally start reporting it.

Old Texan
05-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Sounds like the progress reports from actual toops confirmed.
It'll be interesting to hear the naysayers' spin.

Poster X
05-09-2006, 10:29 AM
It could be real? Could be a plant? It's hard to tell anymore with the three amigos running things. We'll have to wait and see. I wouldn't plan a parade just yet.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-09-2006, 04:29 PM
It could be real? Could be a plant? It's hard to tell anymore with the three amigos running things. We'll have to wait and see. I wouldn't plan a parade just yet.
What would you plan since this says very similar things to the letter of a year ago intercepted by our personell that your ilk have had no ability to disprove. Match this also to the "request" by Bin Laden for "peace" of 6 months ago ..... Tell me, just what does this shit all together spell oh grand exalted posterx????

Red Horse
05-09-2006, 04:56 PM
You know those type of people that if you got into a fight with them and you clearly won they would still not admit it. There are always circumstances surrounding their defeat. Well that seems to run rampant with people that dont see the big picture and want to disagree with things just to disagree. THey tend to want things NOW and dont know that most things worth doing right take some time. Cant get an quality education in 20 minutes for a reason. It does not exist. The war in Iraq will take some time. All wars before this have taken YEARS to resolve. This one being no different. What is different is that we are losing LESS AND LESS American lives and still doing what we need to do. The Korean war, WWII etc. Guess what, I have done a tour in Korea, I have been to the DMZ. We are still at war there as well. Bottom line this will take some time. We are doing a hard job and doing it well.
Blaming the President and his people for how the war is doing is like blaming Bush for high gas prices. Bush is the CINC but he is not on the ground. Actually, Bush should be praised for the low loss of life of American Forces, the freedom given to the Iraqi people that you now enjoy, the schools, the infastructure etc. What did you people honestly think, that oppresed people would adapt to freedom overnight. OF course not. I have gotten pretty sick of the peace mongers, the pissed off haters, the anti AMERICAN POS people that like to and want to complain about anything and everything and all they do about it is post on a boating forum. My God man, grow up, pack up and move the hell out of my country. I hear there are cheap houses in several Third world countries. :cool:

Poster X
05-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Shoving freedom up the collective asses of people who don't want it is called what? Oh yeah, Spreading Freedom. That's what Bush called it. I reckon people ain't free to believe or follow who they want, unless it's our interpretation?

SmokinLowriderSS
05-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Shoving freedom up the collective asses of people who don't want it is called what? Oh yeah, Spreading Freedom. That's what Bush called it. I reckon people ain't free to believe or follow who they want, unless it's our interpretation?
Well, letsee....
The rank & file Iraqis I have met, are happier. The general populace of Iraqis is happier, everyone I know of who has returned from there returns with the same information (but, of course, they are pawns of their govt, and as such are too stupid to know what the people they deal with want). Apparently they (and the Afghanis) are OK with us "shoving freedom from murder and oppression up their collective asses". Who has told you they wish for a return to Saddam?
Sure, AQ wants him back, the Taliban want him back, The Bath party want to return to dictatorial power, need I mention Hezbollah's preference? Iran is even happy he is gone, but they don't want freedom in the area, it makes their remaining in a religious dictatorship that much harder.
The public has turned on the terrorists. (we get reports every day about bomb traps, from Iraqis, public citizens. those squealers must REAALLY hate us)
The religious leaders have turned on the terrorists.
The Iraqi govt is against the terrorists.
The Iraqi police and mil are not nearly as afraid to tangle with the terrorists as they were a year ago, and so have turned on them.
So, just WHO DOES NOT WANT freedom?

SmokinLowriderSS
05-10-2006, 02:53 PM
What would you plan since this says very similar things to the letter of a year ago intercepted by our personell that your ilk have had no ability to disprove. Match this also to the "request" by Bin Laden for "peace" of 6 months ago ..... Tell me, just what does this shit all together spell oh grand exalted posterx??
Still no answer, just tripe about "shoving freedom up someone's ass". :rolleyes:

Poster X
05-10-2006, 05:03 PM
It spells nothing. All it means is someone found (or made) documents that supports their cause.
PS other guy. I've read papers outside the US and the Iraqi's ain't so fired up on us as the heavily edited FOX version would have you believe.

Kurtis500
05-10-2006, 05:54 PM
It spells nothing. All it means is someone found (or made) documents that supports their cause.
Amazing. It just couldn't be true, could it...

SmokinLowriderSS
05-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Yea, nobody in this country forges documents, ever, except employees of democratic campaigns (or folks who want CBS to be complicit with them in airing such).
Well, if someone FOUND (which IS the story as told, twice), documents that support the failure of the "insurgency", added to a request by the head of the insurgency for peace (to relieve the strain of combat on his minions), it adds up to nothing.
If someone MADE documents accusing the president of deriliction of duties in the millitary, 10 days prior to an election, which were proven to be forgeries in under an hour, it adds up to "they both still believe them to be true" (I've listened to interviews of both Dan & the woman over the winter).
Did I get the liberal spin right there? :yuk:
I wonder why CBS never wanted to discover the source of those documents that made them look like such fools? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :idea:

572Daytona
05-10-2006, 06:20 PM
So whatever happened to the civil war that our media tried to instigate, still no sign of that either. I trully believe that the insurgency is being aided by our media which is providing a conduit for their messages.

Poster X
05-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Our media is it's own government. It dictates history and drama and the sheeple follow. If it favors a candidate, you will vote for that candidate. If it favors war, you will have war. If it favors a movie you will be out thirty bucks for the Pink Panther. You almost have to go outside America to get real news. Our little propoganda machine is totally out of control. We are Pravda incarnate. (someone look that up for the little people). If you base all your arguments on the American news, (FOX or CNN) then you really should just watch cartoons and leave politics to the grownups.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-11-2006, 03:15 AM
Our media is it's own government. It dictates history and drama and the sheeple follow. If it favors a candidate, you will vote for that candidate. If it favors war, you will have war. If it favors a movie you will be out thirty bucks for the Pink Panther. You almost have to go outside America to get real news. Our little propoganda machine is totally out of control. We are Pravda incarnate. (someone look that up for the little people). If you base all your arguments on the American news, (FOX or CNN) then you really should just watch cartoons and leave politics to the grownups.
Now that right there is funny stuff, I don't care who ya are. The one who spouts the same stuff the media does, is the one who is complaining abot the media and telling "we sheeple" how much we follow the media lead. Meanwhile, back on the farm, we who seem to be at odds with the media preferences are, in truth, actual followers who do as they say, believe as they say. We are in lock-step with their revisionist history and slanted reporting even without knowing it while railing against it.
It's the subliminals man. That's the whole reason for HDTV, to enhance the subliminals for better, more effective mind controll!!
Dat's it, I finely feegered it out!!!. :rolleyes:
News flash poser, last 2 elections darlings lost, 1 even after 3 networks announced him a winner.
News flash poser, check movie attendance. The media darling films like Brokeback Mtn get very dissapointing attendance nationwide. Great reviews tho. Oscar for best actress even. Hollywood all on it's own.

Red Horse
05-11-2006, 03:35 AM
PS other guy. I've read papers outside the US and the Iraqi's ain't so fired up on us as the heavily edited FOX version would have you believe.
I will tell you what I form my opinion on...being there. Being in the military for the past 17 years and going to the middle east since Aug of 90 from Saudi Arabia to Iraq for over a 1000 days, total I know what I am talking about. I have seen the change and have talked to the people that it effects.
This is my last post on the subject. I dont know why I get dragged into this. My ROEs have always shoot when drawn upon. These liberals have no weapons. All thrust and no vector! Smokin, dont even chaff. Just cold mike, nose up and aug on out of there. :boxed: :cool: These guys need some rubber removal on their flightline

Old Texan
05-11-2006, 05:17 AM
It is truly amazing the hate and spite you emit, then turn around and show that attempted lofty intellectual superior attitude derived from "Reader's Digest word of the day".
Earlier you mentioned we are trying to force Democracy on others. We are actually trying to level playing fields to allow personal freedoms. Given the choice between dictatorial rule or freedom to choose, which way do you think the majority will go, oh heralded "Brown Bag One"?

Poster X
05-11-2006, 06:44 AM
It is truly amazing the hate and spite you emit, then turn around and show that attempted lofty intellectual superior attitude derived from "Reader's Digest word of the day".
Earlier you mentioned we are trying to force Democracy on others. We are actually trying to level playing fields to allow personal freedoms. Given the choice between dictatorial rule or freedom to choose, which way do you think the majority will go, oh heralded "Brown Bag One"?
It's about time you finally realized I am a deity among ye mortals. I'll have to assume you genuflected accordingly? In resonse to your question, I think the majority will continue on the present course. I think the country will evolve into a one party government and the populace will evolve into a two tier caste system, and then like Rome. We will fall. War, civil war, obliteration? Who knows? It won't be pretty, I know that.

Old Texan
05-11-2006, 07:17 PM
It's about time you finally realized I am a deity among ye mortals. I'll have to assume you genuflected accordingly? In resonse to your question, I think the majority will continue on the present course. I think the country will evolve into a one party government and the populace will evolve into a two tier caste system, and then like Rome. We will fall. War, civil war, obliteration? Who knows? It won't be pretty, I know that.
And you will stand in the back and play your fiddle...............

SmokinLowriderSS
05-12-2006, 01:08 AM
And you will stand in the back and play your fiddle...............
Of course, for he has shown he has no "better ideas", just a proclivity for baseless accusations he cannot support. :argue:
Oh, yes, and a good "power-words" dictionary, except when he tries to stun us with a self-invented one. :yuk:
Naw red horse, I'm still enjoying kicking this bag of crap someone lit & threw on my porch. The bag is about shot tho, starting to spread the contents across the yard. Makes the grass grow nice tho. I do keep wiping the excess off on that nice white shirt tho. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Poster X
05-12-2006, 06:25 AM
People are too stupid to stop. I have a plan for myself but America as a whole is lost. IMHO. I'd like to be wrong this time but just in case, I have a back up plan. I'm not going down with the ship. The '08 elections will tell the tale. We'll see after that. You guys think I lay around hating Bush when in fact, I think he's just a mindless puppet of the GOP. I worry much more about Cheney and Rumsfeld than I do Bush. He's a dolt. This administration reminds me of the movie "Being There." Old one with Peter Sellers. You should check it out. Anyway, The GOP worries me. Not Bush.

Kurtis500
05-12-2006, 06:31 AM
Hey Red Horse, notice how he hid for cover when you bring up experience and first person accounts of middle east experience? Looks like he doesn't want a few small facts to get in the way of his argument.

Kurtis500
05-12-2006, 06:33 AM
People are too stupid to stop. I have a plan for myself but America as a whole is lost. IMHO. I'd like to be wrong this time but just in case, I have a back up plan. I'm not going down with the ship. The '08 elections will tell the tale. We'll see after that.
Gonna leave??? I know who the masked poster is..... ALEC BALDWIN!! Nice of you to show, you like boats?

Poster X
05-12-2006, 06:36 AM
If I liked boats I'd go to a boating website. Maybe I'm Noah? :wink:

Red Horse
05-12-2006, 08:47 AM
Hey Red Horse, notice how he hid for cover when you bring up experience and first person accounts of middle east experience? Looks like he doesn't want a few small facts to get in the way of his argument.
The empty can rattles the most. :cool:

SmokinLowriderSS
05-12-2006, 02:21 PM
People are too stupid to stop. I have a plan for myself but America as a whole is lost. IMHO. I'd like to be wrong this time but just in case, I have a back up plan. I'm not going down with the ship. The '08 elections will tell the tale. We'll see after that. You guys think I lay around hating Bush when in fact, I think he's just a mindless puppet of the GOP. I worry much more about Cheney and Rumsfeld than I do Bush. He's a dolt. This administration reminds me of the movie "Being There." Old one with Peter Sellers. You should check it out. Anyway, The GOP worries me. Not Bush.
So you're saying after the '08 elections if Hillary fails to win you are moving? Enjoy. Just as someone else once said; "Pick a better country", then go there.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-12-2006, 02:23 PM
Gonna leave??? I know who the masked poster is..... ALEC BALDWIN!! Nice of you to show, you like boats?
Didn't he threaten, er, I mean OFFER to move once before?
"Oh Canada, Oh Canada, here I come Canada"................... :crossx:

Poster X
05-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Puerto Rico baby!! But don't celebrate yet. They have internet. :cool:

SmokinLowriderSS
05-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Puerto Rico baby!! But don't celebrate yet. They have internet. :cool:
You better move farther, they want to become State #51.

Poster X
05-12-2006, 03:31 PM
It'll never happen, and I get to keep my citizenship if I ever want to tour the nuclear winter y'all leave in your wake.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-12-2006, 04:19 PM
Shop now, dress warm. We have it planned prior to '08.

Old Texan
05-12-2006, 07:22 PM
It'll never happen, and I get to keep my citizenship if I ever want to tour the nuclear winter y'all leave in your wake.
Ya got us. We're all closet Mad Max freaks. I wanna chase Tina around the thunder dome....chew on barb wire....where leather pants with no asse.