PDA

View Full Version : Carrera Regatta re-cap...

Water Romper
09-16-2005, 01:08 PM
The Regatta was pretty fun. Here is a brief re-cap with a link to some photos (see below)Â… :D
The bulk of the CarreraÂ’s there were beautiful 80+ thousand dollar glassed cats. And VeeÂ’s The oldest Carrera there was a 1985 that was a clean completely re-done 19-20 (?) footer with a huge blown motor in it and the smallest was a lilÂ’ 1990 closed bow outboard that ran in the mid 70mph range! You could really see the evolution of Carrera boats as well as the whole boating industry. :smile:
Joker’s Wild crew did a great job putting the event together. There were many nice gifts like a wakeboard, color TV’s, DVD players and including 2 mountain bikes and 2 “stingray” type bikes for the lil’ peeps too !
My poker hand absolutely sucked (pair of stupid 5Â’s) but the top 3 hands earned their owners some nice cash adding up to a thousand dollars.
I was sad to hear that the stereo contest was cancelled (some legal thing to do with site 6) I hear some Carrera owner who was there had 18 grand put into his tunesÂ… :2purples:
I hope to see some of the other “Regatta Runners” post their pics and comments as well. I hope to post some photos in the next few days.
On a side note: I have had the pleasure of attending other RegattaÂ’s from other boat manufactures and they all seemed to be as equal to the task in putting on a fun weekend, regattas are a kick in the hull. :cool:
http://www.jtinc.com/

Water Romper
09-16-2005, 01:10 PM
:rollside:

Robbie Racer
09-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Sounds like you guys had a fun time. I would have liked to have attended but I didn't hear about it until way late in the season and I already had plans to attend the Cat Attack II event by that time. Maybe next year if they have it again. :idea: