PDA

View Full Version : Lake Nacimiento Travel time

Waist Deep
09-17-2005, 06:56 AM
Any info on travel time to the lake leaving at about 4:00 from HB? Thanks

NOCTURNAL
09-17-2005, 07:15 AM
are you towing? where are you staying?
it takes about 30-45 minutes to get to the dam from the 101 in Paso Robles.
I would guess 5.5-6 hrs to get to Paso
So, approx 6-7 hours, depending on traffic, towing, and final location at the lake - but don't hold me to it

riverbound
09-17-2005, 07:17 AM
When we went up there for the Naci Bash. WE were towing. and it took us about 8 hours to get to the camp

Waist Deep
09-17-2005, 07:57 AM
We're not using our ride this weekend.No towing involved. Our friends live in Bradley, which I think is Oak Shores or something.

h2ospdskir
09-17-2005, 09:05 AM
6 hours via I5

Waist Deep
09-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Thank You Very Much

UltraStealth
09-17-2005, 02:31 PM
It's about 4 hours from SFV towing.

Aquaholic502
09-17-2005, 05:36 PM
When we went up there for the Naci Bash. WE were towing. and it took us about 8 hours to get to the camp
Lets hear it for the second anual Naci Bash. :2purples:

Brooski
09-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Hell Ya!!!! Darrel's Bro, git'er done! I am ready. :D

77charger
09-19-2005, 03:04 PM
5 to the 46 west give 4-5 hrs depending on your speed.Just got back from there took 5 hrs there stops included no boat(went to a private residence so a little longer).made it back last time in 4.5 hrs from the campground dam area.good luck coming home using the 46 to the 5 south all 3 times this summer.the 101 to 405 can be HELL

77charger
09-19-2005, 03:06 PM
Hell Ya!!!! Darrel's Bro, git'er done! I am ready. :D
Ready here again
just got back from doing some work there on his showers.very nice weather this weekend still a few boats out enjoying it.
I got my spot marked for the next one too HAHA :D

mike37
09-19-2005, 05:14 PM
Ready here again
just got back from doing some work there on his showers.very nice weather this weekend still a few boats out enjoying it.
I got my spot marked for the next one too HAHA :D
how did the foundation look for the new house

boatslayer
09-19-2005, 05:35 PM
me dale and darrell, will be discusing this very soon

Brooski
09-19-2005, 06:26 PM
me dale and darrell, will be discuusing this very soon
Must be from Paso High, with that grammar. lol :D :D :D

77charger
09-19-2005, 06:40 PM
how did the foundation look for the new house
they were working on it when i pulled up i didnt get to walk over and check it out lil too far for me :D here you guys will be workin hard next week.

Darrell's Bro
09-20-2005, 05:47 AM
Throw out some dates.
Keep in mind, it's cold early in the summer.
Mike: The foundation looks great! Looks like we'll have a staging area for the pot luck evening/gladiator racing night at Naci Bash II.
FYI: Robert was up and did two hot mop shower pans in about two hours. Using my elementary school math skills (not allowing for travel time) I calculated that shower pan guys make about $25k per month. However, if they give them away, the way Roger did this weekend, they may not have a big wad of Benjamines but they'll have Roger's spot at next years bash.

Darrell's Bro
09-20-2005, 05:56 AM
Any info on travel time to the lake leaving at about 4:00 from HB? Thanks
There are only about three subjects I know anything about. And with the possible exception of kitten juggling, driving to Nacimiento might be the subject I know most about.
I get on the 405 at Sunset. From there, it takes three hours to Paso. After a beer loading stop in Paso; Paso to Oak Shores another 30 - 35 minutes.
Add 20 minutes more to get to the Naci Bash site.

Brooski
09-20-2005, 09:38 AM
There are only about three subjects I know anything about. And with the possible exception of kitten juggling, driving to Nacimiento might be the subject I know most about.
I get on the 405 at Sunset. From there, it takes three hours to Paso. After a beer loading stop in Paso; Paso to Oak Shores another 30 - 35 minutes.
Add 20 minutes more to get to the Naci Bash site.
What are you doing driving to Oak Shores? You have a barge that gets you across the lake to the Bash site? Or is that a foe paw and you meant to say Running Deer? These and other questions remain to be answered.
Also, that time is if you take the 5 to the 46, correct? Because pulling a boat, it takes 3 hours to Paso from Santa Paula up the 101.

Brooski
09-20-2005, 09:40 AM
Throw out some dates.
Keep in mind, it's cold early in the summer.
Mike: The foundation looks great! Looks like we'll have a staging area for the pot luck evening/gladiator racing night at Naci Bash II.
FYI: Robert was up and did two hot mop shower pans in about two hours. Using my elementary school math skills (not allowing for travel time) I calculated that shower pan guys make about $25k per month. However, if they give them away, the way Roger did this weekend, they may not have a big wad of Benjamines but they'll have Roger's spot at next years bash.
Not sure about the giving away shower pan statement, but I do understand about not getting my same spot. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Oh, the horror, the horror.....what am I going to do???

CenCal
09-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Hey Dale count me and the crew in. We will be there for sure :cool:

Waist Deep
09-20-2005, 12:45 PM
When will the 2nd bash be? I'd love to be a part of it as our family enjoyed this place like nothing else.

Darrell's Bro
09-20-2005, 01:47 PM
Hey Dale count me and the crew in. We will be there for sure :cool:
Hellooo CenCal aka "Dad" there's a Naci bash anytime you say so. Can't wait to reprise the event, only longer w/ more stuff going on in the evenings.
P.S. Don't tell Roger, we're trying to keep it a secret.
Seriously, I spoke w/Darrell and he said we need to wait to schedule the bash till after the big regattas are scheduled so we don't conflict with one of them. Sounds like we'll know early in 06. Till then you and the other folks from this year's event are welcome anytime. I'll be up there most weekends between now and December because we're doing some construction... I want my father-in-law to have the proper accomodations that he so richly deserves.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-20-2005, 01:49 PM
I cannot wait! Wooooo-hooooooo! :p
Hi Dale, long time no talkie!
xoxo :mix:

Darrell's Bro
09-20-2005, 02:08 PM
I cannot wait! Wooooo-hooooooo! :p
Hi Dale, long time no talkie!
xoxo :mix:
Yea, long time. It will be good to see you again. This time I trust you're leaving the ball & chain at home?? just kidding
Thanks for the XOXO. Other than Roger, you're the only one giving up that kinda love for me!

Brooski
09-20-2005, 08:01 PM
WTF, cant get me off your mind lately, Dale? :jawdrop:
lmao

Darrell's Bro
09-21-2005, 07:02 AM
WTF, cant get me off your mind lately, Dale? :jawdrop:
lmao
Hey Roger, I saw some guy on these boards making fun of Paso High grammer. Here's the funny part; the same guy used the phrase "foe paw"
Sounds like that guy may have spent some time at Paso High too. How else could one make such a faux pas. :)

Brooski
09-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Hey Roger, I saw some guy on these boards making fun of Paso High grammer. Here's the funny part; the same guy used the phrase "foe paw"
Sounds like that guy may have spent some time at Paso High too. How else could one make such a faux pas. :)
Didnt go to Paso High, but didnt take French either.. :wink:

boatslayer
09-21-2005, 09:00 PM
Must be from Paso High, with that grammar. lol :D :D :D
Roger don't talk crap , im bigger than u :crossx:

Brooski
09-22-2005, 11:14 AM
Roger don't talk crap , im bigger than u :crossx:
LMAO :D :D :D

Darrell's Bro
09-22-2005, 12:55 PM
LMAO :D :D :D
Wow, everybody jumps on Roger. How fair is that?
Roger just is the way he is, not that there's anything wrong with that...

Brooski
09-22-2005, 03:16 PM
Wow, everybody jumps on Roger. How fair is that?
Roger just is the way he is, not that there's anything wrong with that...Yup, thats me. The neighborhood trampoline.
By the way, you started it all!!! :hammer2: :hammer2:
How about stocking up on some Coors Light to even things? :D :D

Waist Deep
09-22-2005, 03:45 PM
Whats this have to do with travel time? I'm glad I'm not waiting on an answer. Great place to be.

mike37
09-22-2005, 05:07 PM
did you make it up to Nacimiento yet

Waist Deep
09-23-2005, 11:45 AM
Thanks Mike, the place is great. I thought my friends made a mistake leaving two gov. jobs to head up there, but I never have seen them so relaxed and happy.