PDA

View Full Version : Elsinore Sunday 9-18-05

jackpunx
09-17-2005, 02:26 PM
We'll be out there in an OB stoker with one seat and a 28' wooden boat.. come say HI.. we'll just be going round in circles working on set up

bordsmnj
09-17-2005, 02:30 PM
what time???

dmontzsta
09-17-2005, 03:26 PM
My dad went today, he said he is not going back there for a while. So thick and green that he took his boat to the carwash afterwards and engine degreaser would barely take it off.

djunkie
09-17-2005, 03:27 PM
My dad went today, he said he is not going back there for a while. So thick and green that he took his boat to the carwash afterwards and engine degreaser would barely take it off.
I take it he probably didn't dive in to cool off. :crossx:

Ntwotrance
09-17-2005, 03:41 PM
well, we went out there with dmont's dad Shadetree, and we spent the better part of 2 hours and 3 bottles of degreaser to get the gunk off. it's bad everywhere on the lake. the algae is about 4 inches thick (seriously) and looks like paint flowing in every time a wake would come in. I pulled the truck out and had 3 inches of it sitting on the running boards. They turned off the aggitators and aren't planning on turning them on for a while, so the algae will continue to get worse. there are no areas free of algae. As we were leaving today, a lady who's lived there for the past 15 years said she's never seen it this bad, and I have to agree with her.....oh, and the smell, I've taken 2 showers since, and can still smell it....this time will be the last for me at elsinore....

dmontzsta
09-17-2005, 03:50 PM
well, we went out there with dmont's dad Shadetree, and we spent the better part of 2 hours and 3 bottles of degreaser to get the gunk off. it's bad everywhere on the lake. the algae is about 4 inches thick (seriously) and looks like paint flowing in every time a wake would come in. I pulled the truck out and had 3 inches of it sitting on the running boards. They turned off the aggitators and aren't planning on turning them on for a while, so the algae will continue to get worse. there are no areas free of algae. As we were leaving today, a lady who's lived there for the past 15 years said she's never seen it this bad, and I have to agree with her.....oh, and the smell, I've taken 2 showers since, and can still smell it....this time will be the last for me at elsinore....
I am definately not going to let the new boat SEE that lake. Maybe I will just put a blower and zoomies on it and say **** it, RIVER ONLY!
I hear the ole Ford is running good now huh? Also heard the good ole chevy didnt run too well at the river. FORD POWER!
What do you think of pops new tow rig? pretty rough huh? it will definately not get stuck on the launch ramp.
I feel bad I kept pushing him to get it, now him and my mom fight about it.

Ntwotrance
09-17-2005, 03:59 PM
I am definately not going to let the new boat SEE that lake. Maybe I will just put a blower and zoomies on it and say **** it, RIVER ONLY!
I hear the ole Ford is running good now huh? Also heard the good ole chevy didnt run too well at the river. FORD POWER!
What do you think of pops new tow rig? pretty rough huh? it will definately not get stuck on the launch ramp.
I feel bad I kept pushing him to get it, now him and my mom fight about it.
your pops rig is definately him! I got to drive it up the launch, damn thing is high. the boat ran tits today, i think part of it was the 4 inches of algae that kept it over lubricated..anyways, i think that's our last trip to that lake, it was absolutely gross and the attitude of the people who work there is as nasty as the algae.

dmontzsta
09-17-2005, 04:01 PM
your pops rig is definately him! I got to drive it up the launch, damn thing is high. the boat ran tits today, i think part of it was the 4 inches of algae that kept it over lubricated..anyways, i think that's our last trip to that lake, it was absolutely gross and the attitude of the people who work there is as nasty as the algae.
yeah, I rolled in it down the street and looked out the side window to see the stop sign, I think he is going to put some new 40" tires on tommorrow. I told him he just needs a roll bar and some foglights, total redneck truck.

HM
09-17-2005, 04:17 PM
The best way to get that algea off is use the Elsinore lake water - It comes off really easy. Bring a couple of buckets. Also helps to have a recent wax on the boat.
Are the "soakers" out there? There is a weird group of homeopathic home remedy people that soak in the blooms. They claim it exfoliates and detoxifies the skin.

Ntwotrance
09-17-2005, 06:15 PM
The best way to get that algea off is use the Elsinore lake water - It comes off really easy. Bring a couple of buckets. Also helps to have a recent wax on the boat.
Are the "soakers" out there? There is a weird group of homeopathic home remedy people that soak in the blooms. They claim it exfoliates and detoxifies the skin.
it was waxed, and still wouldn't come off to easy. as far as the exfoliation crowd, didn't see them, but that stuff sure would make a good base for a stink bomb....

Just Electric
09-17-2005, 07:47 PM
oh so we wont see ya at castaic sunday you trader mark :cry:

bordsmnj
09-17-2005, 08:02 PM
is castaic a shit hole like elsinore? might hafta try a new lake. whats the sped limit there? is there a spot you can "push" the speed limit? is it a zoo?curious minds wanna know :D

Just Electric
09-17-2005, 08:04 PM
better now thats its so called the off season

victorfb
09-17-2005, 08:07 PM
ive only taken (one of my boats) on elsinore once........once! and i live 15 minutes away. the rogers wont see it, and if NJBA is thinking of running it next season? better get an ice cutter boat to clear the lanes before they run. its amazing how much money elsinores revinue allows for upgrades and they are still a sh*t hole. i understand the mayor and other goverment officials are trying to clear up the drug problem first, but cmon now, lets see some beautification of community (im talking lake here) atleast. ok, said my peace. sorry for rant, just would like to use a local lake without worrying about nuclear fallout affects.

Brooski
09-17-2005, 08:12 PM
Hmm, maybe Piru is in order for Sunday. Sounds like the slime is too much to deal with at Elsinore.

Just Electric
09-17-2005, 08:15 PM
must be a rookie

jackpunx
09-18-2005, 08:05 AM
we were there the other day.. that stuff floating in the water is nasty..but we need to be able to run the boat hard for a little bit.. I dont think castaic is the spot for that...we need some rough water too.. . even though its only a few min from my house.. Im not sure we'll make it there..
this sux..

nobling
09-18-2005, 08:40 AM
Hey, I dont think im hearing you, so please pull out your tampon and lets go today and tomarrow jack wuuuuussssy!

jackpunx
09-18-2005, 08:50 AM
Hey, I dont think im hearing you, so please pull out your tampon and lets go today and tomarrow jack wuuuuussssy!
LMAO.. dude! your not suposed to put pictures of yourself in your avitar!

djunkie
09-18-2005, 11:00 AM
we were there the other day.. that stuff floating in the water is nasty..but we need to be able to run the boat hard for a little bit.. I dont think castaic is the spot for that...we need some rough water too.. . even though its only a few min from my house.. Im not sure we'll make it there..
this sux..
I got a better idea. Hook the boat up and go to the river. Lots of clean water there to test. :rollside: :rollside:

Just Electric
09-18-2005, 02:34 PM
noblin promises to wear his pink sweater for u mark

jackpunx
09-18-2005, 06:47 PM
noblin promises to wear his pink sweater for u mark
he called me .. He said he's wearing it tonight.. I think his wife is pissed about it.. she wants it back

jackpunx
09-18-2005, 06:47 PM
I got a better idea. Hook the boat up and go to the river. Lots of clean water there to test. :rollside: :rollside:
I would love to.. but im actually looking for some nasty water.. :D

dmontzsta
09-18-2005, 09:04 PM
I went and saw my dads tires today...he has DRIED UP GREEN SHIT all in between the tread, it is the sickest shit I have seen AND it stinks! He fired up his boat motor to flush it out and a bunch of green water was flowing out from the engine block...****in nasty, it is like a swamp.

Brooski
09-18-2005, 10:40 PM
Hey Don, here is a website I found that sells roll bars
http://www.trucktoys4less.com/info.html

Just Electric
09-19-2005, 07:13 PM
well mark u missed out on some good headwind and little chop raced all of the later day no cops and no lifegaurds how was elsonore

RUSHIN ROULETTE
09-19-2005, 07:25 PM
You guys are right about the green mess. I was just there last Thursday afternoon. Don't let it dry up on your trailer. Pain in the neck to get off.

nobling
09-19-2005, 08:57 PM
J.E. ,Its sounds like your attracted to my pink sweat shirt! I just pulled it out of the wash for you to wear, Oh it sounds like hes coming out of the closet mark. Ill be wearing pants to lake next time, you two are starting to scare ME! :wink:

bob briley
09-19-2005, 09:25 PM
was there for 1 hr = 3hr to get the green sh*t off the boat

jackpunx
09-20-2005, 09:55 AM
well mark u missed out on some good headwind and little chop raced all of the later day no cops and no lifegaurds how was elsonore
liar!..lol
We did good.. the water was pretty messy.. Just like we wanted.. and our average speed was pretty good..
but it was a long drive :rolleyes:

jackpunx
09-20-2005, 09:56 AM
J.E. ,Its sounds like your attracted to my pink sweat shirt! I just pulled it out of the wash for you to wear, Oh it sounds like hes coming out of the closet mark. Ill be wearing pants to lake next time, you two are starting to scare ME! :wink:
he mentioned your leggs and your mouth.. but never said anything about your pink sweater :messedup:

bob briley
09-20-2005, 05:09 PM
jackpunx saw you out there ,your boat sounded great to me.that boat ramp sucked even my 22s on the tahoe were green

Holland
09-20-2005, 05:36 PM
dammmnnnnn you know it is a bad day when you have to consider...... blah Perris blah.... for a day getaway...
EEsshhhhh... thought I would never say that.

Just Electric
09-20-2005, 07:53 PM
noblin on my gobblin sound a little jealous that im talking to u mark ill have to call u from here on out dont want him stalkin u

jackpunx
09-21-2005, 09:02 AM
jackpunx saw you out there ,your boat sounded great to me.that boat ramp sucked even my 22s on the tahoe were green
should have come over.. Love to meet people from the boards..
thanks.. it was running good