PDA

View Full Version : Metal Lathe for Sale

propless
08-15-2002, 03:56 PM
For those who enjoy doing their own lathe operations, I'm going to placing in the paper for sale an Atlas 6" Lathe 101.21400 next week, but thought one of you guys may have an interest.
In great shape, spare chucks and many spare items along with full manuals (operations and parts).
email me directly if interested or for pictures(gddmarshall@cox.com).
Reason selling. It was my father's and he passed away years ago, I finally picked it up at mom's and cleaned it all up - I'm into boats on weekends, not shops tools.
Later ........

djdtpr
08-15-2002, 06:23 PM
I tried to email u but it got sent back i am interested if u could would u email mke some pics. and any info u have. Thanks djdplacecraft@cs.com

propless
08-15-2002, 06:43 PM
Sorry about that, not sure what you may have encountered. I just shot you seven pics to review -
propless

djdtpr
08-15-2002, 07:11 PM
Let me know what u want for it so i cam trie to beat ya up alittle on it wink Just kidding,let me know i am looking for a lathe but cant spend a bunch of money im trying to get into a new house.

GofastRacer
08-15-2002, 07:22 PM
Hey propless, I'm interested, shoot me an E-Mail with pics and a price......Thanks......... :cool:

propless
08-15-2002, 08:03 PM
GoFast - pictures heading your way.
djd- I honestly do not what is a fair price. I have been told that an equipped metal lathe as this is should get around $500-$600. I'm trying to test the water before I pull the dreded "classifed" cramp from hell (calls all hours and idiots from hell).
I just got a note from someone else here that Atlas / Craftsman also has a "yahoo" yap group on these specific lathe's, maybe another outlet to sell or get a fair selling price -
aka propless

GofastRacer
08-15-2002, 08:28 PM
Propless, check your E-Mail bud!..... :cool:

Froggystyle
08-15-2002, 11:13 PM
Please send me some info on it bro... I am interested.

propless
08-16-2002, 03:42 PM
Lathe has been sold. Thanks for all of interest.
NOW, I just pulled a perfectly good 850 Holley off and placed a new TPC 750 on my boat today. I'm going to rebuild the 850 and either save it as a spare or sell it if there is an interest here. Let me know (850 double pumper)!
Why the hell did I do this. If your recall several weeks back I had a backfire problem (placed on gear head s and jet boats), I had eliminated 99% of it after the fact (from great advice from you folks), but in a panic I ordered a new carb. Yes of course the wife is pissed, yes of course this was stupid, but this is boating and we do act kinda ...... dumb sometimes.