PDA

View Full Version : Canvas Cover for Rhino Cage

Mrs. casean
05-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Anyone here have a custom canvas cover on the top of the cage to block out the sun? I'm trying to find a place to take the cage to get a canvas cover just on the top between Carlsbas and Murrieta... any suggestions?

andy01
05-09-2006, 10:42 AM
If you need a picture of one I have a picture of one on a friends Rhino.

Mrs. casean
05-09-2006, 10:52 AM
If you need a picture of one I have a picture of one on a friends Rhino.
Thanks Andy! I'll let you know if I need a pic!! :D

sigepmock
05-09-2006, 12:24 PM
Hello Didn't you see ours :boxingguy It's SunBrella Material, Little shop down the street from us. $300 for ours for the 4 seater with a removable rear section over the rear seats....
Let me know I can get one done for you...just bring me your cage :crossx:

djunkie
05-09-2006, 12:25 PM
Hello Didn't you see ours :boxingguy It's SunBrella Material, Little shop down the street from us. $300 for ours for the 4 seater with a removable rear section over the rear seats....
Does it have snaps or did they use velcro?

MrsSigEpMock
05-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Does it have snaps or did they use velcro?
It has snaps and we had the guy add straps so if we don't want the back seat covered by it we can roll it under and snap it "closed". We'll take pics this weekend and let you guys see it. I may have some.....

djunkie
05-09-2006, 01:08 PM
It has snaps and we had the guy add straps so if we don't want the back seat covered by it we can roll it under and snap it "closed". We'll take pics this weekend and let you guys see it. I may have some.....
Cool. I need to make something up for the GC but wasn't sure what I wanted to do.

casean
05-09-2006, 01:15 PM
Hello Didn't you see ours :boxingguy
No doubt! How did you miss the one on their Rhino?? :rolleyes:

Cole Trickle
05-09-2006, 01:19 PM
I bet I could make it for $2.00 using Duct tape,Fishing line and a used blue tarp :crossx:
I could make 2 but I would have to apply the standard Rhino Mark up and charge you guys $633.00 to get the R&D/Development money back.:D

sigepmock
05-09-2006, 01:22 PM
I bet I could make it for $2.00 using Duct tape,Fishing line and a used blue tarp :crossx:
I could make 2 but I would have to apply the standard Rhino Mark up and charge you guys $633.00 to get the R&D/Development money back.:D
You know I'm bringing the Rhino home this week to finish up the front bumper and skid plate....I have enough stuff to make two or three but I'm thinking with rising steel prices and all.......I better just hang on to them :crossx: :crossx:

Cole Trickle
05-09-2006, 01:29 PM
You know I'm bringing the Rhino home this week to finish up the front bumper and skid plate....I have enough stuff to make two or three but I'm thinking with rising steel prices and all.......I better just hang on to them :crossx: :crossx:
Next time I drop all of my beer out of the cooler racing you over the whoops I am gonna ask for all of it back and not share my beef jerkey!!!:D :crossx:

sigepmock
05-09-2006, 01:38 PM
Next time I drop all of my beer out of the cooler racing you over the whoops I am gonna ask for all of it back and not share my beef jerkey!!!:D :crossx:
Damn...you know how I like shaken up beer and sandy beef Jerky!!!!! :cry:
I'll take some pics of the bumper and skid plate and send it to you, if you like we can attack your's one weekend, actually pretty simple and only a few welds.

Cole Trickle
05-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Damn...you know how I like shaken up beer and sandy beef Jerky!!!!! :cry:
I'll take some pics of the bumper and skid plate and send it to you, if you like we can attack your's one weekend, actually pretty simple and only a few welds.
I think cooler v2.0 will have a lock on top and some padding...soft sided cooler would probably work good;)
Skid plates are my friend and I need a place to mount some lights for the night rides. :idea:
Did you ever take pics of your stereo install?

casean
05-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Did you ever take pics of your stereo install?
His stereo install turned out really good. It rocks really good. Allot better than a couple of other Rhino's I've heard. Puts mine to shame :cry:

Mrs. casean
05-09-2006, 01:58 PM
I didn't look at yours! SORRY!!! I knew you had it though, and that's what got Seans attn :D Thanks Chris!

Mrs. casean
05-09-2006, 02:00 PM
:p I think I could manage that kinda of cover :D

Mrs. casean
05-09-2006, 02:01 PM
No doubt! How did you miss the one on their Rhino?? :rolleyes:
You wanted me to find out where I could take the cage so I'm trying to... pipe down :D

Cole Trickle
05-09-2006, 02:02 PM
:p I think I could manage that kinda of cover :D
We can be partners!!
I have no problem splitting teh big $$$ with you :crossx:

Cole Trickle
05-09-2006, 02:03 PM
His stereo install turned out really good. It rocks really good. Allot better than a couple of other Rhino's I've heard. Puts mine to shame :cry:
Did he add a sub?
How is the battery holding up?

Mrs. casean
05-09-2006, 02:10 PM
We can be partners!!
I have no problem splitting teh big $$$ with you :crossx:
Sweet! We'll be big $$$ Partner!!! :crossx:

Cole Trickle
05-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Sweet! We'll be big $$$ Partner!!! :crossx:
Moving on up........to the Mock side.......Deluxe motorhome in the sky!!! :p

casean
05-09-2006, 02:15 PM
Did he add a sub?
Yep, he put a sub in under the drivers seat. I believe his battery is holding up. I have a feeling mine was really ran down to begin with. I couldn't hear the sub when we were driving around, so I'll probably just stick with 5x7 speakers. Plus I don't want to add any more weight to the Rhino than needed.
Are you taking your Rhino out to Parker for the summer? SWB said there was one driving around last weekend, so I'm going to take ours out. I mainly want it out there to use around the park, and I think as long as I don't act the fool, it should be alright.

sigepmock
05-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Moving on up........to the Mock side.......Deluxe motorhome in the sky!!! :p
You so funny!!!! :crossx:
I did add a 10" JL and fed that and the 5 x7's with a 400/4 RF amp, two channels bridged for the sub. I have an Odysey 925 to add to it, the stock batt was ok but I didn't want to take a chance on being stranded. I also got an isolator for it so I can charge them both but run the HID's and stereo off the secong batt.
I have a couple of bar mounts also to make a cooler rack but so far we just put the baby seat in the middle of the back seat and the cooler fits nicely on the floor. I do need to get a spare tire mounted though just in case, those havasu/parker rocks are sharp.
Thanks for the kind words Shawn, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. The intake and re-jetting has more than made up for the weight of the cage and stereo stuff. You guys need to get those parts from Brian and ditch the airbox lid, wow what a difference. And don't forget the exhaust grind and billet cap, easy power and took about 30 min. Ican help you out if you want one weekend....I've got no boat for a while.
Chris

MrsSigEpMock
05-09-2006, 02:33 PM
Did he add a sub?
I believe it is a 10" under the driver seat along with the Amp. We have a switch to turn the sub off when we are cruising. The battery holds fine so far, we haven't really listened long enough to kill it.... But you know Chris, he doesn't F around.... so he bought a 2nd battery with a thingamajig that allows it to charge when we are running but doesn't drain the other battery. I can't remember what it is called. Also, we have no head until. we plug the ipod directly into the amp by a cable that is run up through the "center-console" vent thingy, and we just set the pod there or let it hang, that is still under construction, we don't know what to do with it. the darn rhino vibrates so much, it's better to let it hang.

casean
05-09-2006, 02:33 PM
And don't forget the exhaust grind and billet cap, easy power and took about 30 min. Ican help you out if you want one weekend....I've got no boat for a while.
Chris
What's this exhaust grind you speak of? I haven't been on the rhino forum in ages.

MrsSigEpMock
05-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Never mind....... :cry: wasted all my good typing....

sigepmock
05-09-2006, 02:40 PM
There's a huge weld on the inside of the exhaust right where it meets the head, it restricts it down to like 1/2". Lift the bed, unbolt the exhaust and headpipe, look down the head pipe and you can't miss it. Grind away half the weld, like 1/8" all around, and it really opens up the exhaust, that plus the billet end cap is supposed to be the best exhaust out there. Then with the billet intake adapter and Uni, ditch the air box lid and BAM!!!! I rejetted to a 42 pilot and 170 main and I think I'm still a little lean :crossx: But lots more low end and some good top end too.

sigepmock
05-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Never mind....... :cry: wasted all my good typing....
Try and keep up Rookie!!!! :yuk: :yuk:
j/k babe :rollside:

casean
05-09-2006, 02:46 PM
There's a huge weld on the inside of the exhaust right where it meets the head, it restricts it down to like 1/2". Lift the bed, unbolt the exhaust and headpipe, look down the head pipe and you can't miss it. Grind away half the weld, like 1/8" all around, and it really opens up the exhaust, that plus the billet end cap is supposed to be the best exhaust out there. Then with the billet intake adapter and Uni, ditch the air box lid and BAM!!!! I rejetted to a 42 pilot and 170 main and I think I'm still a little lean :crossx: But lots more low end and some good top end too.
Did you need a new exhaust head gasket? I'll definitely pull it off and get to grinding.
Do you have a hook up on the billet adapter and Uni filter?

MrsSigEpMock
05-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Try and keep up Rookie!!!! :yuk: :yuk:
j/k babe :rollside:
Blah... Blah... Blah... :yuk:

sigepmock
05-09-2006, 03:02 PM
Did you need a new exhaust head gasket? I'll definitely pull it off and get to grinding.
Do you have a hook up on the billet adapter and Uni filter?
Re-use the same gaskets, one on each headpipe at the head, just be careful when you take it off. Brian at Longtravelrhino of course. You have to cut the air box but you get a positive connection between the adaptor and intake tube and the adaptor and the Uni. Very clean and easy install and what a difference it makes with the airbox lid off.
Also the filter stays relatively clean too with the outer wear.

casean
05-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Re-use the same gaskets, one on each headpipe at the head, just be careful when you take it off. Brian at Longtravelrhino of course. You have to cut the air box but you get a positive connection between the adaptor and intake tube and the adaptor and the Uni. Very clean and easy install and what a difference it makes with the airbox lid off.
Also the filter stays relatively clean too with the outer wear.
Will do. Did you torque it back down? If so any idea what the foot pounds are?

sigepmock
05-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Will do. Did you torque it back down? If so any idea what the foot pounds are?
Damn you and you're questions...!!!! :mad: j/k I did but I don't remember the number. I bought the manual for the Rhino for $60. I'll bring it home from Havasu this weekend and can give you the numbers.

casean
05-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Damn you and you're questions...!!!! :mad: j/k I did but I don't remember the number. I bought the manual for the Rhino for $60. I'll bring it home from Havasu this weekend and can give you the numbers.
I know, I know. You should know by now that one, line two line, or paragraph answers just don't work on me :D

riverroyal
05-09-2006, 05:46 PM
check with toby,he has a aluminum top done,very trick,great price